Send help

just practiced piano for 1 hour, feel like my left wrist is about to fall off

Attached: F05E2CA2-7EE1-4C03-AB6F-2C509517BB7F.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Alfreds-Basic-Adult-All-Course/dp/0882848186/ref=asc_df_0882848186/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292927518372&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5982538067924862423&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000596&hvtargid=pla-332970365722&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

then jerk off for a couple hours

get gud

Yikes, maybe you shouldn't play piano

t. piano player

Fix your technique. 1 hour shouldn’t hurt unless you a beginner. In which case be careful you dont want tendonitis

LOL NOOB

good. keep at it. the left hands always harder to perfect

how do you practice bro?

I want to git gud at improvising and composing and be like a session player, jamming and shit

My plan is to learn all the scales, learn all the chords in those scales, learn 7th and extended chords. Learn modes. Is this gud so far?

>get get get get gud gud gud gud

Ok I chuckled.

Attached: 2019-02-04 23_13_32-Window.png (501x502, 606K)

Here's what you gotta do

>learn all the scales, major and minor. At least three octaves up and down triplet time at 80BPM
>start with classical music. Bach - Rachmaninoff basically, do not practice on contemporary music
>daily practice, from 20 minutes daily as a beginner to 1-2 hours as a serious musician
>get yourself a good teacher that wont coddle you but keep you accountable and push you in a good way

In a year you should be okay playing small 2-3 page pieces and another 4-5 until you're "good"

Is there a particular book/resource I can buy to learn Bach?

>Rachmaninoff
Start with Bach/Mozart, great stuff for finger dexterity and getting an ear for harmonies.

Minimum of 1 hour practice a day, and to a metronome. Also don’t neglect simply playing the piano without any sheet music. Like improvising

Public domain for old music. Simple stuff like out of Anna Magdalene book. Minuet in G is a famous one. When I get home I'll put up some resources if the thread is still alive

Don't start with Rachmaninoff. As far as I know, there is no good simple Rachmaninoff.

Improving is good, but do not focus on it, as it will distract you from getting technical skills down. Only jam after you finish practicing as a bonus. When you learn some basically chord theory like I-IV-V, you can start to experiment more and come up with cool stuff

Is this good?

amazon.ca/Alfreds-Basic-Adult-All-Course/dp/0882848186/ref=asc_df_0882848186/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292927518372&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5982538067924862423&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000596&hvtargid=pla-332970365722&psc=1

is the M Audio Keystation 49 Mk3 good enough?
I want a Novation Launchkey 49 Mk2 but it costs almost twice

Doesn't look very promising, but I also can't see any of the pieces, so can't say much. A lot of the beginner things can be covered with a competent teacher

>M Audio Keystation 49 Mk3
Probably not, what is your budget?

>As far as I know, there is no good simple Rachmaninoff.
Prelude in G major isn't bad if you don't have a problem with having your hands playing different rhythms.

no more than $200
pads are a plus

So I just learn like all of Bach's music, what am I supposed to learn from this?

Definitely not for a beginner, but perhaps the easiest you could get with Rachmaninoff
Alright, so I took a look on Amazon and it doesn't look promising. You might need to browse around your town for deals, like on nextdoor. What you're looking for in a keyboard is:

>weighted keys (or at least semi-weighted, do not settle for those shitty light keys because they will seriously hinder you)
>88 keys
>pedal capability (not necessary as a beginner, but practically essentially for more serious pieces. You'll be stuck playing harpsichord music without them)

If sound and space is not a problem, check to see for actual pianos. People sometimes give away pianos at almost no cost or even free, and they can be a better deal than keyboards

You have a solid foundation in baroque music, what are you even asking? Bach is a king when it comes to polyphony

I'm asking which song am I supposed to learn? Is there a particular book?

Learn particular artist isn't saying much

thanks, I'll look around

There is no particular order or list of songs you need to learn. You ask 10 different teachers and they'll give you 10 different answers maybe with some common songs amongst them. What songs would I recommend as a beginner?

>Minuet in G BWV Anh. 114
>Minuet in G BWV Anh. 116

thanks

Sure thing. If you have any questions about piano, I'll be around for a little bit more. Glad to help, I love piano

Have a rest.