Redpill me on Neofolk anons

Redpill me on Neofolk anons

Attached: 57119731_1052539538467112_8298417316905980254_n.jpg (640x640, 96K)

dumb nazi genre

Smart nazis listen Wagner

it isnt new anymore
bad opinion or b8, heres a (you) regardless.

it's not nazi it's just boring grandpas guitars glong glong

turbofolk is where it's at

Attached: turbo-folk.jpg (400x400, 27K)

The only good group that has anything to do with neofolk is Current 93. Most of neofolk is just Nazi punks playing acoustic guitars the way they'd played electric guitars, and droning self-pitying lyrics about "the death of the West" over the top.

Attached: 52355782_810986369252393_6127285638229131264_n.png (508x360, 352K)

>turbofolk
>not boring
Literally the most bland and normie "genre" around here

i want more pictues like this

Most of it clumsily appropriates fascist aesthetics and insignia into their artwork. Not to say that the telos is to always appeal to misguided LARPing boomers but it does a lot of the time. I personally like bands like C93 and DiJ.

Ipče Ahmedovski

The genre has like five or six really good bands and the rest is a major drop in quality.

>five or six
Very generous estimate. I count one.

Which one?

soo can you name them?

C93.

>Most of it clumsily appropriates fascist aesthetics and insignia into their artwork
so does Rammstein. why does this matter?

Death In June
Current 93
Sol Invictus
Rome
Of The Wand And The Moon
Fire + Ice

>Nový Svět
>C93
>DiJ
>Angels of light
Prove me wrong

Understandable, but tourist.

Rammstein have talent.

No, I've listened deeply to the genre, and I'll never get those hours back. Most of it is total shit with singing nun guitar playing and Ashens singing.

Why even waste time on things you don't like in the first place?

You're asking why I didn't know bands weren't good without listening to them? Any one of them could have been as good as C93, but none of them was.

Anything like Joanna Newsom?

Why would you listen to something extensively if you don't like it right away?

It's the musicianship and the sense of melody that are the most shit things about the genre, It's always the same monotone wailing and strumming with sometimes martial beats and strings.

The reason C93 is good it's because Tibet surrounded himself with people who can play.
Also Rome has some pretty deece albums but he's not a nazi, so maybe you won't like him as much

Don't be a pleb.

Tibet isn't a nazi anymore either.
I don't imagine he was much of a nazi at any time in the past.
Although his earlier work contains fascist themes, it also contains a lot of other stuff. He described his politics as anarchist circa Dogs Blood Rising.
Even Swastikas For Noddy is less about fascism and more about the intermingling of innocence and cruelty.

No u.
I know what I like.
It's called having taste.

No. Basically, neofolk is punk musicians going acoustic. That's it. They only know three chords and they never bother learning any others. They don't sound as if they're aware of any of the preceding developments in folk rock, jazz-folk, folk prog... any of the interesting stuff.

Tibet was so permanently high for so many years that he gets a pass. Also, bursting with Nazi-sounding stuff because you're driven to is less unlikeable than Douglas P.'s thing of deliberately playing to that market while committing himself little enough to get gigs in Germany and Israel.

Industrial and neofolk are heavily prog-influenced though.
Especially by the Canterbury scene and krautrock.

Douglas' fans aren't stupid though.
They recognize that it's artistic license.
I have yet to interact with a fascist Death In June fan, but I have talked to one or two Jewish ones.

C93 apart, neofolk has no musical influence from prog. It may have a lyrical influence, but that means nothing.

I think they're assuming irony where there isn't any. His statements in fan newsletters make it quite obvious that he's deliberately playing both sides for maximum profit.

It's just folk music for nazis

Death In June has little prog influence, correct.
Sol Invictus on the other hand, has plenty of the prog folk sound, plus there's that Henry Cow cover they did.
A lot of neofolk bands outside of the anglosphere are more trad folk influenced than punk influenced.
OtWatM is mostly influenced by Death In June, and Rome is sort of its own thing, with some heavy martial industrial influences.

Trad folk is already for nationalists tho

I don't really think it's irony or sincerity.
It's mostly just a commitment to a particular sort of gruesome aesthetic.
Basically playing both sides, but lovingly ya know?

No, also no music ever made will come close to Ys

>has plenty of the prog folk sound,
No it hasn't. They haven't the chops.

>lovingly
Not of anything but money.

Not really. it's for everyone. Only nazis think its for them or their race

this is pretty accurate, but all dij songs sound the same
also novy svet is baaased