What’s the point of “free speech” if you will just get banned or exiled for saying anything controversial?

What’s the point of “free speech” if you will just get banned or exiled for saying anything controversial?

Attached: E3D29F4D-8B1D-4D24-931D-3353E1108CF7.jpg (521x785, 335.28K)

>Thinks he has free speech.
>Admits they dont have free speech.

The point is that you can criticize your government and you won't get imprisoned, raped, tortured, and killed for it.

You can be banned for stating controversial opinions online on a public site like Twitter & FB because it is their right as a a private enterprise to do so if they so choose. They are not stopping you from sharing your opinions, just not on their property.

The fact that you can yell "Joe Biden is senile!" on public property and you won't be imprisoned means you still have free speech.

Check your privilege, user

Attached: IMG_2707.jpg (500x498, 58.23K)

Because it pertains to the government not the entirety of society

What's the point of free speech if you can't say that an 8 year old is sexy and that you want to nut deep inside her loli snatch, without having a chud saying OK groomer doxxing you and reporting you to the authorities ?

Based chuds doing the lords work

CONGRESS shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech. A private bar owner can still exercise his numerous freedoms in kicking you out of a bar for calling another customer a cunt. The internet can still hate and shun you for hurling a racial slur into twitter. Freedom of speech does not mean the whole world is obligated to sniff your asshole and love you for it. They all have the freedom of speech to audibly express their disdain for your opinion, share whatever you chose to say with others (so long as they do so truthfully, otherwise it's libel) and generally say, "stay away from me."

>Why can't I say fucked things without people hating me when they find out what I cunt I am
Fixed

What's the point of having arms if you can't shot looneys that says that an 8 year old is sexy and that you want to nut deep inside her loli snatch, without having a chud saying OK groomer doxxing you and reporting you to the authorities ?

Exactly. Free speech is supposed to mean the government protects your speech, but people seem to think it only means that government can't restrict your speech

> you will just get banned or exiled for saying anything controversial
that is the point. Political correctness has convinced the people to restrict their own freedom of speech and that of their neighbors. The gov't or the elites don't have to police speech if wokesters are going to roll around doing it for them for free.

I JUST WANT TO SAY FUCK TRANNIES WITHOUT GETTING BANNED FOR 3 DAYS ON BLUE BOARDS DAMN IT

Attached: 28BF23DF-5F3D-4950-A62A-52130A0DDF1C.jpg (400x388, 27.02K)

If corporations aren't allowed to murder you, why are they allowed to silence you? The right to speech should protect your speech as completey as your right to live protects your life

This is incorrect. The federal government guarantees your speech is protected from itself and from state governments attempting to restrict it (as a function of the federal government and the bill of rights.) It does not have the power to stop private entities from telling you to fuck off because they don't like what you have to say.

So the government doesn't even need to restrict speech. They can just let corporations do it for them

>If corporations aren't allowed to murder you, why are they allowed to silence you?
they don't enable your life but they enable your speech. You don't need their permission to eat, but you need their service to post on social media. Basically, they say you're not entitled to their private service.

Then get them outta your system on pol like you're supposed to

Being banned is not law enforcement, its private property enforcement. You are currently saying whatever you want. I will demonstrate:

Murder all kikes and niggers.

I don't actually believe or approve of that, but basically no one can punish me for it because I said it in a place in which it is permitted. No such place would exist of you didn't have freedom of speech. What you don't have is entitlement to unrestricted use of other people's property.

There's a difference between refusing service and silencing.

Attached: DD6C8944-6431-47BE-81B9-8A99D37B52F7.jpg (608x1438, 167.73K)

The point of the illusion of free speech is for that to happen. Genuine free speech laws wouldn't allow for words to influence real shit. This whole Yea Forumsoard is fictional, didn't you read the warning?

If you feel access to Twitter is the end all be all of free speech, yes.

A corporation is not obligated to employ or serve you. If you work at Wal Mart and scream "Fuck the Jews!" at the top of your lungs, they have the right to eject and fire you. If you enter "Fuck the Blacks" into twitter, twitter has the right to kick you off of their platform. The argument here stems not from a freedom of speech standpoint anymore, but more like "how big can a business get before it is considered as powerful as, say, a small government in an economic respect?" That's for society to decide in the coming years, I agree. If twitter had control of the entire internet, then I would easily argue that it's too over-reaching and then to do so would be a legitimate infringement on your speech, even if the whole world thinks you're being a racist asshole in the above example.

Fair point cuntflap. Disclaimers help, such as disavowing statements. Minecraft doesn't work anymore. Try legally in counterstrike or something. Not games named after crimes. Unless you say Rockstar games first, just in case.

Thank you for this. This is actually a very concise version of the argument I've had difficulty articulating numerous times.

Free speech is being able to yell nigher in public without being arrested.

Has no bearing on the potential beat down you're likely to receive

Battery is not legal, user.

No one cares if a word makes you rage.

The world isnt one big liberal arts campus
The world doesn't give a shit about your feelings
You can say what you want but that doesnt mean people will like you for it. You can say what you want online but that doesnt mean you wont be banned. You can go into mcdonalds and yell "FUCK NIGGERS"! but that doesnt mean they cant kick you out.

tl;dr the world is not your hugbox and neither is Yea Forums

Attached: 453678976578.jpg (546x700, 69.28K)

This

Decide soon. I don't enjoy other sites. No one is above using super ion canons here, who got some? They could fuck up the stock market. /g/ would know how to scam /biz/ No Twitter for a few morning hours? Or after work hours? Whatever will they do? Not enjoy Yea Forums as usual.

No you do it on LGBT. Thats the gender delusional themed containment board.

A STORMFAG JOKE OF A CONTAINMENT BOARD

It seems kinda chill and comfy when it's not being ®aided. They still want human, they're not furfag or pony fags. Just the regular kind that can be seen in public on an average day worldwide. Not advanced faggotry. That's also /pol/

I guess my point is having a conduct policy isn't the same as censorship because by definition you're entering acontract agreeing to the code of conduct when you create the account. The correct response to this is to refuse their products. If people don't ise the product it will fail. The fact is the overwhelming majority of people don't really feel the need to call everyone kikes and niggers in the CS:GO chat. This is being outvoted, direct democracy style. Being unpopular is not oppression because you aren't entitled to popularity.

By this logic everyone is free to kill whoever they want. After all preventive measures and repercussions dont technically mean you cant.

"Youre free to go wherever you want. Just dont cross the yellow line or you will be shot."
Smells like Chinese freedom.

free speech has gotten too widespread. too far reaching so now the establishment elites have to stop it somehow.

Ive been just to look. It was nothing but trannies and mental illness.
Not a lesbian to be found.

>By this logic everyone is free to kill whoever they want.
Strawman much?

Its not strawman you massive faggot. Have an opinion worth hearing or fuck off.

Its the closest thing to a hug box you will find on here. No amount of gore or wojaks will change this. Maybe you could try discord?
>By this logic everyone is free to kill whoever they want
Can you draw me a map of how you came to this conclusion? This is legit smooth brain shit. You are free to go wherever you want but that doesn't mean you are welcome into my home you fucking mongaloid

Attached: 34567890765436789.jpg (180x179, 9.78K)

What, you wanna tell private business entities what they can and can't do? Kike it up harder, troonlord.

Attached: 1610591047570.png (462x465, 150.01K)

The guy literally said that no one is obligated to respect your feelings, and can shun you for your free speech. You immediately escalated it to the idea of others inflicting bodily harm for trespassing, for example, and no; you're not free to go wherever you want, you're not free to enter another's private property as you please.
Here, I'll leave this for you.

Attached: logicalfallacies.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

That board is a pile of shit. Probably the worst board on Yea Forums. Any criticism of trans people on it no matter how genuine or soft you try to word it gets you banned. Meanwhile the board loves to shit on gay and lesbian people and the mods rarely ever take any action towards it. I’m guessing you’re either a tranny or a tranny chaser because those are the only two types of people who ever say anything good of that board.

That right wig bitch fit over the shape of a graph is aging so gracefully isn't it?

Attached: 1651727523010.jpg (640x639, 199.57K)

Never said it was, but thanks for playing

Not a strawman but a false equivalence, which is another logical fallacy

You're right user, you are functionally able to kill whoever you want. Murder being illegal doesn't mean its impossible to do.

Luckily for most the number of murders they wanna do is 0 and if it isn't the fear of consequences keeps it in check.

>Consistently looking for new ways to be a victim.
Imagine living in constant fear of having "freedoms" taken away. You aren't owed anything and nothing is god given, wake up faggot.

If you are free to go wherever you want by default you can go into any house you please regardless of if you are welcomed or not.
To be denied entry means you are not free to go anywhere you want.
Its shouldnt need to be explained and the fact that it does speaks volumes.

They cant take away free spech via protection from the 1st admendment. Silencing is done by making certain words and thoughts intollerable to public opinion and it therefore becomes harmful to oneself to hold them. Eventually language will change in such a way where free speech laws wont matter as it becomes increasingly unpopular to hold certain views or conduct certain speech

Thank you for clarifying that, I suppose I viewed it as an oversimplification of his argument but I stand corrected.

You hate this place and everyone here so much, but you keep coming back day after day. It's puzzling.

Also most schizo channers aren't getting banned for just the contextless use of the word nigger or kike or any other wide statements, that, at best, warrants a message for automatic deletion of any such tweets or messages, they are instead being reported and banned for targeting and harassing specific individuals. It doesn't take a galaxy brain to understand the difference between "guacamole nigga penis" and "that person is a fucking subhuman African American individual, 13% does 50% never relax".

That very same principle of the protection of a fundamental right being categorical as long as it doesn't infringe on other fundamental rights or is used by someone to abrogate its very existence is the paradox of Intolerance and has been a proviso of Liberal constitutions for. Centuries with varying degrees of strictness

Free speech isn't free when it becomes dangerous

Attached: Jim-Jones[1].jpg (1173x1600, 447.93K)

You cant even grasp what is being said nor why it is so dont pretend youre fit to find faults.

Racism is against the rules on that board as well but rarely does anyone get banned for it. While mods can be extremely biased, they probably want to avoid the constant tranny posting that has plagued this board. No one thinks its funny besides teenagers

Attached: 34567546789.jpg (960x652, 266.53K)

A comment of average intelligence.
Neither bad nor great.
Its good to see there is still hope for humanity.

You know, you're right. We just fundamentally can't communicate and when we do we refuse to agree when getting mad is so much more fun. This is what is fundamentally wrong with us.

Just stop, you already embarrassed and identified yourself as a minor

Your making assumptions is an issue too.

>jonestown guy, kills 900 people

>antivaxxers, probably in the millions

Attached: dozen_banner_image[1].png (1200x525, 710.07K)

I wish they'd bring back ID's so we could know who we're talking to and maintain a more coherent conversation / debate / argument.

Oh no the fool thinks their inability to comprehend means others are embarrassing themselves. Whatever will I do?
Better fuck off and kill myself.
I place a lot of weight on the opinions of retards after all.

It works well enough as is I think.

Yeah, when I feel like getting mad on a larf. It's like a barfight in the cartoons where everyone joins in immediately but no one knows who they're swining at. Sometimes I actually come here and have coherent discussions where I learn something or at least think critically.
Not that I fucking ever expect to, I mean, it's Yea Forums. But it certainly is refreshing when it happens.

fuck i'm playing this right now. i haven't heard this since i was one of the typical white kids who had all the old school hip hop. listening to this crap again, it's fucking retarded as hell and barely enough to impress a 13 year old white kid, but works for all blacks because their IQ never goes any higher than a 13 year old white kid. that's how this nation works; keep the bar VERY low for all the retards.

Awww
Did the new fag get banned from /pol/ for tranny posting again? Cry me a river snowflake.
Cope
Seethe
Ect.

Attached: 32456786543567890.jpg (464x315, 17.35K)

I'll take average considering the comment I was replying to

Well said

They wont respond to blatant forms of trolling like that. If you lurked there for a bit and were a little more creative you could learn how to push their buttons. Trolling is an art form

You're free to say what you want short of making violent threats, trying to groom kids, etc. But that doesn't mean people are forced to listen to you or permit you retarded opinions on their sites.

As many in the tread already pointed out - free speech means the government can't arrest you for what you say unless you're making threats or trying to incite violence.

You want the last word so bad you resort to Twitter tier insults. Fucking hilarious.
Ok you go ahead and take the last word.
Go ahead. I dont want it. Its my gift to you a very special friend.

Unsurprisingly christcucks conflate the bill of rights with whatever God given rights they think they have

Trolling should not be confused with expressing opinions and feelings others dislike.
And yes trolling is an art. One that is often poorly imitated by pretenders.

Funny how when you use their insults they automatically become "Twitter tier insults."

But can it be both/all of the above?
Is trolling while being honest (to an extent) possible?