When's he releasing his cover of Freedom of 76 in the original key?

When's he releasing his cover of Freedom of 76 in the original key?

Attached: 868371_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mgLe4h_e4
youtube.com/watch?v=_Swx5m79qPw
youtube.com/watch?v=2IfWuUVgFSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-BifEoVgxT8
youtube.com/watch?v=aKpSSl2Ouqo
youtube.com/watch?v=5k5n5gbl404
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZghM6fTW9U
youtube.com/watch?v=yc27nomZQTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is he actually covering that? always thought mac was a lowkey chocolate and cheese rip off.

maybe not all of chocolate and cheese but you can tell he was influenced by the chord progressions on songs like freedom of 76

i think his entire style is influenced by the blend of soul and schlock that C&C sorta threw out. maybe not influenced by the album specifically but mac just wants to walk that soul/schlock line without being funny.

that would actually be pretty great

Whats C&C? His main inspirations seem to be soul and soft/yacht rock like Steely Dan and James Taylor. The Taylor influences are actually super prevalent on his new one.

chocolate and cheese is an album by ween, also heavily influenced by the artists listed. it combined that soul stuff with ween's "deconstruction" of the genre (and a shitload of others, the album also has cowboy songs, rhumba funk, and straight schlockwave.

what song on c&c is schlockwave? I love the album but I don't know what song you're thinking of. What Deaner Was Talking About?

candi and i cant put my finger on it. deaner works though

i might be forgetting a few but these are all the ween songs i consider to have a thread of influence on mac

pollo assado
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mgLe4h_e4

captain fantasy
youtube.com/watch?v=_Swx5m79qPw

pork roll egg and cheese
youtube.com/watch?v=2IfWuUVgFSQ

freedom of 76
youtube.com/watch?v=-BifEoVgxT8

boys club
youtube.com/watch?v=aKpSSl2Ouqo

someday
youtube.com/watch?v=5k5n5gbl404

transitions
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZghM6fTW9U

pollo and transitions especially. its a shame the work they laid down got turned into the generic indie junk they were making fun of.

Who cares? Those songs are just softer rock songs with chorus on the guitar, a sound that Ween themselves “stole” from other acts before them. Mac makes great music and his guitar/synth melodies are usually pretty interesting, people are obviously going to copy whatevers popular but just wait a couple years and the copycats will dwindle

i'm not saying mac is a theif or that ween aren't apeing off shit. but you go from a well of endless creativity to one song made 40 times an album. it's just a shame lo-fi isnt as fun as it used to be.

i think someday sounds like it would fit pretty snug with the kind of songs mac was writing for another one. also pls don't bully mac, its not his fault a bunch of imitators aped his style without any other influence of their own.

and while we're on the subject of pollo assado, it reminds me of the second version of hot pink by the meat puppets
youtube.com/watch?v=yc27nomZQTs

that's a fair point, maybe it wouldnt feel like a fad if every dude in a simpsons shirt made different music. still, mac himself seems like a one trick pony, bully or no bully.

I think the fact that Mac has been able to stick to that “lofi sound” for his most popular albums says a lot about his songwriting ability. I agree that he’s gotten more one-trick for the past album or two but I think he still has a wide range of styles within his “sound” - Cooking Up Something Good is way different from Passing Out Pieces which is different from Freaking out the Neighborhood which is different from Salad Days which is different from My Old Man. Some songs tend to fall under the same ‘styles’ within his sound but his melodies are usually pretty unique from song to song and I’ve always thought he was a very good songwriter, especially because he writes and records everything by himself

that's absolutely fair, cookin up and viceroy are the only mac songs i really enjoy and his songwriting is nice. blue boy is also cool. I should say I like mac's guitar tone, it works really well and sorta sounds like worn tape on its own.

Have you listened to the rest of 2? It’s a lot more “diverse” in styles than Salad Days, which tends to sound more samey (even tho there’s a lot of great tracks and on it, especially the synth ones).
>I like mac's guitar tone, it works really well and sorta sounds like worn tape on its own
Yea it’s always been really solid, I think a lot of the warped tape sound comes from him actually recording everything on tape rather than digitally, he said when recording salad days that he just stayed in his apartment for a straight month recording and chain smoking and that the hotboxing the room 24/7 kinda warped the tapes a little bit

i listened to 2 a couple times probably last year or before, it's got some good stuff on it and most my fav mac songs are on 2. it's cool mac uses actual tape, but i guess tape machines never really run out of style. i did something similar to the hotbox thing but with weed, i smoked over my 4track and it wore the heads, made everything sound underwater. worn tape is some of the most useful distortion out there.

Yea my favorite Mac tracks are from 2 as well
>i did something similar to the hotbox thing but with weed, i smoked over my 4track and it wore the heads, made everything sound underwater
I’m pretty jelly, I’ve been learning how to record in pro tools for the past 4 years -and now that I’ve finally gotten good at it I’ve figured out I probably should move to tape at some point, probably after I move in the next few months. Wish they weren’t so expensive

cassette recorders tend to be cheaper than reel to reels (obv) and you can probably pick up a used variable speed 4track for about 200 dollars. it seems like a lot but you get one of these things and next thing you know youve recorded two years worth of music in four weeks. completely worth the price, especially the speed ones. tapes are dirt cheap and used tapes even moreso.

Nice! Yea I’ve seen some cheaper cassette 4 tracks browsing craigslist from time to time, I guess it might be better to start there and learn that process inside and out rather than go straight into reel to reel. Thanks user, you got a specific model or brand you recommend? Like Tascam or something?

i've been looking at tascam portastudio 424s because my old fostex broke down. they have everything you need to make goofy, drugged out tunes.

Attached: tascam-424-mki_lmlngp.jpg (800x600, 143K)

Sweet! Thanks for the help man, really appreciate it

Mac DeBrapper

Attached: 1557797815468.jpg (1024x745, 187K)

lol @ these idiots

yeah, dude, good luck!

>I have no experience recording whatsoever!

Whom are you quoting?

I've owned four Tascams over the last twenty years, so you must have quoted the wrong user

:( i just wanna have fun

I love the look of Pierce's face on this one

Maybe be constructive instead of shitting on everything in front of you and contributing to the shit quality of this board

To get any good use out of 4treacks, you need high bias tapes, which are starting to become scarce. Furthermore, the repair cost exceeds their actual value. So unless you know how to fix a cap stand motor, you will eventually be stuck with useless junk.

Well thanks, that’s very helpful to know

i try to keep it playing and recording but that's about it. broken machines sound cool when used right. but yeah, if you want them pristine, theyre a finicky little bitch to take care of.