stringtensuonpro.com/
>Music theory:
masictheory.net/lessuns
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
fradua.com/guitar_craftpeidia_en.html
youtube.com/chainel/UCXU3GYv5yEzuPePqXOiBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPagis/Luthier/Tachnique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhf!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUopViqw

Attached: DxJy-LIVAAEJ-9k.jpg (1200x672, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYKYka-PNt0
instaud.io/3G6l
youtube.com/watch?v=2YmoHqBGzNs
youtube.com/watch?v=Zip4QyJyD5g
youtube.com/watch?v=HCQ9C9LgOMk
youtube.com/watch?v=mqgyD_yTWCU
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZKFC1sm1b7
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZyxyehN_Qk
youtu.be/9nIAne40iSA?t=37
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

delete your bullshit

>headless guitars
les paul did it les paul did it

Attached: lp55b25d.jpg (586x425, 104K)

>hey guys, remember when I was Batman...

Attached: final_gp_07_12_cover_1024x1024.jpg (780x1024, 187K)

Can't do it brah this is true love

Attached: 52038653_2295649597341657_1614782315603838596_n.jpg (608x608, 49K)

Why is it always the most feminine men that don’t like anime?

Bye
Have a nice trip
See you next fall

What's the point of eating "flavored" things? Seriously, why eat apple flavored candy or drink apple flavored water when you can just eat an apple or drink apple juice?

What flavour should candy be then?

feminine penis

idgaf about the image, you posted broken fucking links. you are no smarter than the retarded clairo-shill

What the fuck is the deal with Matamp/Electric/Green/Purple/White/Black amps?

The only thing I've gathered so far is that Electric basically owns Matamp

For me it's salty coins and milk

They work on my machine

Attached: uTAZoLIaUnFR.jpg (888x680, 109K)

any bass players here? I wanna learn a song that has a walking bassline that is simple but fun. ANy suggestions?

no fucking idea what are you talking your post come so specialized only /r/GuitarAmps/ would answer it

Jazz standards?

youtube.com/watch?v=hYKYka-PNt0

us bass players are victims of bullys in /gg/

Attached: 1476306871336.png (590x716, 262K)

Go on the Electric amps website

bitch i don't come here to work

your machine is as stupid as you are

You gotta put in the work, if you really want to improve

Attached: amO24BbO3_480w_v1.jpg (480x696, 38K)

im not bullying you, retard.
im telling you that you are stupid. there is a difference

the op of the old thread had a anime girl holding this weird looking guitar. what in the world is it called i cant find one that looks like it on google

Attached: 1557724957944.png (500x371, 236K)

You're bullying victims everywhere else too.

thats definitely an EKO Rokes XII

Chocolate, caramel, nougat, peanut brittle and a whole list of other things aren't flavored. Aside from that should the idea of candy(which should only be eaten occasionally) be the basis for foods and drinks which people live off of?

such as

Attached: 1553526674202.png (500x500, 296K)

>he's flailing around like a retard
Lmfao

>cousin is a guitarist in a wedding band
>in car crash, breaks wrist
>I am filling in for a few gigs
>learning setlist
>usual stuff, nothing crazy but it is a bit of fun
>learning one song
>Bryan Adams: Everything I Do
>fuck sake here we go
>has an amazing guitar solo in it
>like, actually really good
>going to be my favourite song of the set to play
Always nice when you get an unexpected surprise like that, anyone know any other dadrock songs that have nice surprises like that in them?

Attached: IMAG0009.jpg (1520x2688, 829K)

Is that a genuine Gibson™ Les Paul Standard you got there, friend?

Very impressive!!

Attached: henry.jpg (2224x2835, 598K)

tf are jazz standards

tfw band leader is a pianist

Its a Gibson Flying V or a copy of it anyway.

HI BILL NO IT IS A TRADITIONAL HOW ARE YOU AND MARY DOING ANYWAY SEE YOU AT THE TRACK NEXT WEEK

GOD BLESS AMERICA SEMPER FI

Songs that you need to know to be able to jam with a jazz band.

You must've heard Autumn Leaves, Take Five, My Favourite Things, Fly Me To The Moon, etc. before, right?

Could've just googled it

Bassists are the betas of the guitarworld and they enjoy it

Attached: 40207260_451716648655290_2164064406948600908_n.jpg (640x645, 119K)

>rhythm and lead not combined
never gonna make it

Fuck off samefag go jack off to the videos of Sam you saved.

Every bassist I've met has been a completely friendly chad.

Hey, who was that guy who was posting about kakapicking. I have a question.

Attached: 60242219_2166937866725678_4892756069916344320_n.jpg (474x474, 29K)

think his name is samuel

Reliced Samuel signature dean when?

could you imagine the meltdown in /gg/ if samuel bought a dean

Attached: 60354577_2320417004648361_6430554601849618432_o.jpg (1500x2000, 337K)

cute

Women are cringe

What's a good reverb pedal for my pedal board?

I play noisey shoegaze and use a Space Echo for my delay if that helps suggestions

Faggot

Incel

>play C, G, D , E
>but fast with random strumming occasionally plucking notes and tapping for no reason
>wow user where did you learn to play!?!?

safe to say ive made it

Attached: 100percentsmug.png (600x515, 63K)

>The Myth: Hotter preamp tubes make your amp sound better.
>The Makers: A lot of players feel that a higher-gain 12AX7 in their first preamp position must be a good thing, equating more gain with more goodness. Sometimes swapping to a high-gain 12AX7 does fit the bill for certain sounds, but in many situations you can actually find improvements in tone and dynamics by going the other way.
>“When you drive a signal into clipping [as high-gain preamp tubes do], you lose a lot of information,” says Mark Baier of Victoria Amp Company. “The use of a 12AY7 in the front end [a lower-gain tube that’s a direct replacement for a 12AX7], which maintains integrity for the next stage, and other things, all contribute to avoiding clipping that signal too soon. For me, it all has to do with understanding that when you pick a note on a guitar, you’re creating a signal voltage that can be seen at the grid of that first tube. Varying the signal voltage can have a profound effect on the attack and dynamics of [most classic tube] amps.” Furthermore, Baier continues, a lower-gain tube makes it easier to get those dynamics working for you, whereas the higher-gain tube often slams the next stage with an all-or-nothing signal that clips too soon within the amp’s signal chain. Many notable players have achieved this with other lower-gain tube types, the late Stevie Ray Vaughan for one, who often used a 5751 (somewhere between a 12AY7 and a 12AX7 gain-wise) in his amps’ first position.

EHX Cathedral

Have sex

Have sex

G Em C D

>wat a bootiful face i hav found in this place

What is the best guitar for under £1000 / $1300?

Attached: mfw.png (640x640, 111K)

I picked up a guitar a while ago and never tried to learn. Now that I have more free time, what am I in for if I want to eventually play fast paced lead/solos?

10 years of basically doing nothing else if you want to be competent and mediocre

a lot of practice

A lot of practice. More than you think or appropriate now.

Sheeeit that looks nice. Cheap as well

Attached: 1B07C18D-8E65-411C-9AB8-5FCA20B5802E.jpg (871x1075, 73K)

Attached: h4XXzb2.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

Howdy are banjo players welcome here ?

Have you ever heard the legend of bum ditty?

is he the one with the hole in his neck or the other one

bum tiddy :Ddd

r8 my picks collection ghee ghee

Attached: METAKO.jpg (1280x960, 359K)

Attached: 20180914_131849.jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

why no, I haven't.

>these gigantic fenderlike picks
Are they only good for strumming?

no

how can you guys enjoy guitar? strumming really has no feeling at all

bass feels so much better almost like a percussion instrument

man, i kind of want this ed o'brien signature strat.
i didn't even know there was one.
and this sustain gimmick is pretty cool for textural playing.

Attached: Untitled.png (431x820, 197K)

Bass player here, and I genuinely hate strumming. I never do it. Though I only play jazz and nobody really strums anyway. The best way to sound chords is with fingers.

Just turd polish a squier. Its a mim

Me not want to sound like dadrock
Me want to sound unique
What do?

Attached: CADC3B66-B24E-46F7-80A0-AF5B29AF51B1.jpg (593x448, 32K)

Do you have a single pick thicker than 1.4 mm? None of those look suitable for men.

every guitar above 500$ is just a polished turd.
this one has some good pickups though.

Should I lower the action on my acoustic? It feels too high. Do I need to sand down the saddle? How do I do this without making it uneven?

yes

fuck it, i'll ask.

what if the kaka that comes out of my smelly kakabutt is too soupy? Like what if it plops out of my anal ass and drips into the toilet? should I still catch it and try to rub it on my frets for kakastink power? Or should I pay a friend of mine to poop a loggy stink stick? I need something loggy if i'm to kaka pick, right? or am i overanalyzing?

i just bought an obne rever pedal

go get a job lardass

I got a bass and I’m not sure if I’m bored of it yet help it’s so dull alone

Just find some fun drum loops to jam with. Improves bass practice 1000%

Used market has you covered for a ton of options. I would look at:

>American Pro Strat
>Gibson LP Studio/Traditionals
>Ibeenhad RG MIJ
>Other MIJ/MIA Fenders (all models)
>Other MIJ guitars

Have fun shopping

>the late Stevie Ray Vaughan
Who pioneered the use of a tube screamer to get moar gain out of his not quite gainy amp.

on the subject of bass, I’m currently a few months into guitar and it’s going well but I’d like to learn bass and pick that up sometime, when is best to do this so it doesn’t have a negative effect to me?

For some reason I used to love nylon picks when I was a kid, 2mm+ thickness.
Now I think they sound and feel like shit to play with and only use thin to relatively thin black tortex and ultex picks.

A lot of the theory carries over fine but they both have a lot of techniques involved. Really it doesn't matter when you switch, you'll have to learn a bunch of new shit if you want to get good at either one

>negative effect
What negative effect?

You can get a brand new Ibanez rg mij for under 1 grand if you know where to look. Got mine for $860.

Thanks that’s what I wanted to hear a lot. Just wasnt sure if I should probably spend a few more months learning before learning them both at the same time. I imagine learning both just makes you better at both.

I don’t know I see people saying stuff like playing bass like a guitar and I have no idea what that means or if that’s really an issue. If you bother to learn the techniques for both, is there any reason why you can’t play bass like a bass and guitar like a guitar and be good at both?

Also I know this depends on a lot of factors but is there a certain time frame for bass or guitar where you’d think you should be decent enough to find a band to do small band pub gigs etc? Just wanted a target to aim for desu.

based ibanez shredders unite

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1200x1600, 411K)

What are the downsides to having 24 frets? Looking at my main guitar, extra frets would force the neck pickup to be lower, which would probably fuck my tone (for jazz), but I guess that wouldn't necessarily be a problem depending on what tone you're after.

Attached: 20190409_163717.jpg (1327x3676, 2.45M)

Thats why. Just buy the pickup set and throw it in
Lets hear that shred bro

If you reduce music to "dadrock" then there is no hope for you to be creative enough to be unique

How to decide between Strat, Tele or Jaguar aside from the tone? It’s all pretty similar in what I’ve heard.

None, but desu, they are not really necessary

Go to a music store and play them and pick the one that feels best

Unironically, looks. Pick whatever looks coolest to you. Also, I'd switch Jag for Jizzmaster, cause Jag has shortscale neck

She ain't much, but she gets the job done.

Attached: axe.jpg (492x872, 66K)

All the same to me.

Damn yeah I like the mim jags, all look kinda nice and I guess strat looks the most generic and boring desu. How does an inch shorter scale change things especially when learning?

Attached: IMG_20190428_113616.jpg (4160x3120, 3.04M)

Yeah, I don't find them necessary. I play jazz, so it is typical to use nearly the whole range of the instrument in a solo, but I find the highest notes to be too high (and they sound bad also, tonewise). I've never once wished I had a few more frets.

the answer to all questions: get Ibanez RG
Now the thread can be closed.

I’m tired of playing alone, I’m also tired of being alone...

I made this, it’s my favourite song and I always dreamt about making a 1:1 cover, this is the main goal I was seeking since I started playing guitar.

I suck at recording and mixing, I used the iPhone with GarageBand, also the “drums” are me slapping the E chord.

It’s just a test, I hope I’ll make it better one day.

instaud.io/3G6l

Attached: E7305FCB-9B4E-4DB8-B500-2D54DA7020C6.gif (220x217, 11K)

Should I?

Attached: Untitled - 2.png (480x888, 1M)

get a midi trigger pad or superior or some shit homie

is this JMP MK II?

For the drums?

The new Studio 20w version Plexi

ironically, multi-fx units are closer to dadrock now than simple tube amps

Guitar and board

Attached: 160C920C-6071-4A9C-9B33-6971569AA407.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

My practice amp is kill. What practice amp should I get? I'm really into high gain shit if that makes any difference. Under $100 preferably.
youtube.com/watch?v=2YmoHqBGzNs

This but unironically. I picked up a brand new Prestige RG for like $1300 and it was the best purchase I’ve ever made. Outstanding quality too.

Is it worth putting expensive strings on my shitty bass? I kind of wanna buy some DR hi-beams but it's probably a waste on my awful squire.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zip4QyJyD5g

Why not?

yes, good alternative to having to buy an expensive electric/real drumkit

This is the meme-est guitar of the late 2010's
Almost every show I go to someone has one of those

Attached: AHM5.jpg (1778x1000, 504K)

I loved this bad boy but I killed it when I decided it was fun to play with distorted acoustic guitar.

RIP

Attached: 0BA118DE-A548-4D40-AB9A-DD23B6FFCBCC.jpg (1200x1200, 307K)

Its super loud. I would go for the JCM800 since it has a master volume

Ok thanks, I’ll try.
Maybe in the meantime I can search for some midi backing track and make them better. Probably I can import them in GarageBand, idk.

I’m not surprised considering it’s a great guitar. Also it’s a tool for creating music. Who actually cares about aesthetic status?

also same guy
what setup should i go for if I want to make something really fucking raw and loud. Maybe not shoegaze, like I don't want a million pedals, but the sound I have in my head is like a louder version of the guitars on Surfer Rosa
youtube.com/watch?v=HCQ9C9LgOMk
I have a mexi strat and 0 pedals if that matters. I've been just channeling my sound into fl studio and using a shit ton of random pedals there but I'd like to see if I can do it "legit"

Go for it, there's no reason not to change your strings as long as you do a proper set up after

Good point...but damn it I love a Plexi.

If you have the space to turn it up then its worth it but otherwise I'd strongly suggest the JCM. Just watch demos the Plexi gets up to 100dB in a flash

Even on the 5w setting?

Just get an attenuator

Yup, still loud. I mean you could run it quiet, but if you want the power amp engaged and get some overdrive happening it won't happen at low volumes all that easily. The 5W setting is still loud.

Exactly. Imposters will never hold up to the genuine article.
/GGOGH

Mat is a break-off of vintage Orange. I think their story is similar to Hiwatt that they wanted to keep doing specialty small batch and Orange obviously was expanding.

Electric is the USA factory Matamp and gets a lot of flack online for issue/slow production/poor production/whatever.

The amps themselves are more or less Ampegs give or take a handful of changes.

Apple juice is just apple flavored water

nice rare Henry

lets see the new ceo tho

she can cringe onmadic

Attached: 51635322_2174180739294361_6789304926502649856_n.jpg (959x959, 65K)

When you clip tf out of your recorded tone the signal is compressed as hell. You're louder and more dynamic before you crank the gain to the max.

Attached: np.jpg (693x422, 207K)

Oh so it used to be green

Attached: IMG_20190515_081150.jpg (4608x2592, 3.65M)

You can be replaced with a simple sequence from the trial version of fruity loops. Truth hurts.

I just bought a bass guitar.
I am learning bass guitar.

This is my last post in the thread, anyone who claims to be me is a liar

which model tho

thats the primer.

HOW'S THAT AXE FAIRING FOR YOU HERBERT??? I DONT KNOW ABOUT THEM NEW GIBSONS HEARD THEY GOT WOMEN RUNNING THE WHOLE OPERATION NOW

THINKING ABOUT TRADING UP AN OL FIFTY EIGHT BUT THE BALL N CHAINS SAID I ALREADY HAD TO MANY TOYS,,, HAHA WELL SHES RIGHT AS USUAL

-ROGER

Wolf TC1 + EMG TX Set

Avoid playing any popular music. Avoid using vintage guitar/amps and brands. Basically just become a hipster, thats basically it

Show us your new bass, user

My stuff is in baja california mexico

Oops

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-14-18-08-24.png (1080x2160, 80K)

Kek that was dumb of me

Might have slightly burnt the bottom but whatever

Attached: IMG_20190515_084034~01.jpg (2592x2592, 1.17M)

I don't have a walking bass line, but have this anyways
youtube.com/watch?v=mqgyD_yTWCU

Will do the sides tomorrow

Attached: IMG_20190515_093305~01.jpg (2592x2592, 1.11M)

What's your plan with it?

>textural playing
The modern guitar sissy, everyone

want to get a strat.....

SSS vs HSS setup?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1114x606, 166K)

Get one with a swimming pool route and have a bunch of different pickguards loaded with different configurations that you can swap out.

S/S/S of course. If you want a superstrat buy a jackson or charvel.

Sss if you dont know what youre doing

I love /gg diy.

Buy copper shielding tape.

H if you're rhythm heavy and want a more under control boosted position. S if you want a brighter snappier slot.

Neck sounds like mario brothers tone no matter what you put in, bridge and middle matter.

>S if you want a brighter snappier slot.
but doesn't the middle/neck also do brighter & snappier?

Middle bridge.

No they are warm and mellow

I have no idea desu. I just want to restore it to a playable condition.
I got this guitar for 150ish and it was in a crap condition. You can see from the right of the image that the wood has cracked and caused the trem to slant, killing the intonation. The frets are worn down so fretbuzz is a issue so low action is impossible. The truss rod is kinda stuck too. The backplate is missing and the paint job is scratched up. I could just throw it away but I feel kinda sorry for it.
I'm considering going for a "sterile" feel. Color combo used will be Refrigerator White 35 (pic related), white and chrome components (pick guard, knobs, humbucker cover, bridge, etc.) with a maple neck. I don't really want to go through the trouble of cleaning up the cavities so I'll probably go with just a humbucker.
I'm not sure if I should preserve the neck or just get a new one since this one is so beaten up that it's not worth preserving. I'm contemplating getting the same headstock decal (Fenandes limited edition) but once I'm done with it it probably wouldn't be the same guitar anymore.
Any suggestions welcome here.

Yup already ordered some

Attached: Untitled.png (1960x909, 2.06M)

If you have the capabilities,you can route that section out and put new wood there.

Have any favorite guitar players?

That's not really feasible. I live in a small apartment in Singapore and have no access to power tools. I'm getting a headache just thinking about where to paint my guitar.
I've just glued the chipped off part with wood glue and plan to attach a thin piece of metal in the cavity as support.

Nope. None. Most of my inspiration comes form those Asian guitarist I see on youtube.

Thin guitars

Attached: phur9phfuowzzwt6fsoe.jpg (2000x1000, 117K)

hewwo /gg/ just bought a new guitah how did i do?

Attached: gaytar.jpg (1768x3851, 1005K)

Well, if you can't fix the structural problem, then there's no need in doing anything with the guitar. It will never hold tune.

Does anyone know any specific lessons on Justinguitar or any files in the mega that specifically focus on licks, scales, etc.? I'm trying to build up my knowledge of this sort of stuff so I can get better at improvising.

Attached: IMG_4471.jpg (2160x2160, 579K)

>Thinline tele
Oof, ugly piece of shit but enjoy

Attached: 489ef3ef6bc9510cea17a10304b35894.jpg (800x1200, 146K)

#2 and 4 on the 5way are your quack attacks. They're out of phase and separated.

>thin LP
bizarre

been saving yellow guitar pics as of late, cant get enought of ´em

I have faith in wood glue

Attached: 1381889244713.jpg (336x231, 14K)

Attached: yel7.jpg (1100x905, 1.07M)

Attached: 6.jpg (2048x1536, 702K)

Agile

now if only they could get it done without the ugly ass raised pickup selector

Attached: uglygutars.jpg (710x358, 54K)

:(

Then model it after a gook guitar. Maybe some moon runes. Where was the guitar originally manufactured?

Attached: Untitled - 1.jpg (589x1632, 462K)

Gibson has done Vixon and Lite LPs. I don't think they ever caught on. The specials are probably their only thins left.

That deaner tho.

No idea I tried looking it up. It's a Fernandes STJ-45. All sign points to Japan but I highly doubt so.

It's not a Dean

Any markings or numbers labeled? Maybe on the back of the headstock?

Nada. None whatsoever.

I'm glad that thing is gone. Probably the ugliest guitar I've ever seen posted here.

The guitar I've gotten the most compliments on ever

I think it's really neat

who wins /gg/?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.54.08 PM.png (1830x1236, 1.73M)

White obviously, poop ferro still remains a gamble of course

not poop ferro, rosewood

Its a dbz. Dean zelinsky is the founder of dean guitars.

>dbz
Fucking weeb

what bass do i buy if wanna get the sound really fat?

Actually, it's a Dean Zelinsky Private Label...his company now. DBZ was sold and turned changed names to Diamond. And as I stated before, it's not a Dean.

ESP Snapper

Attached: ESP Snapper.jpg (640x596, 37K)

Okay but which one is the board

a... wait for it....

McBass

Do midi pedal racks exist? Like mapping the pedals to effects in a daw, moving the pedals changes the intensity to whatever you map it to. If it doesn't I'm a genius.

Nevermind it does exist. Korg sells one. So, why would someone use real effects over digital if this exists? Real pedals make sense for live performance and reel to reel recording. But I don't see why you wouldn't go digital considering you have literally limitless amounts of effects instantly.

you mean controlling a digital effects rack with footswitches? yes.

people buy real pedals because consumerism, tradition, placebo, and hipster nonsense (see shit like the earthquaker endangered fuzz and klons).

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

mo's aren't created, they're born

In my heart I want a gibson

But my brain tells me a guitar that expensive shouldn't need a new nut straight out of the box. Is it worth just getting OEM gibson pickups and putting them in a shcecter or something?

i can't do it
i just can't learn a single song
i've been playing for around a year at least an hour a day and i just can't focus on learning an entire song
how do i stop this

Is this a rare Yea Forums copy pasta?

Whats a cheaper alternative of the boss metalzone?

Yes i know it's a terrible pedal but i need something to completely fuck up my signal.

>no big stubbies
gee user its like you trying to be gay or something lmao

Behringer UM300

a Gibson SG

metalzone isnt a pedal its a preamp. run it into your effects loop and it will give good death metal tone. also

>want to buy a 12 string guitar
>ask here how long it takes to switch to one from normal guitars
>get told its only 1-2 weeks
>1 week in and can barely hold down the strings
Did I get rused

Attached: ugly.jpg (500x375, 18K)

I've been playing for 18 years and even I find 12 strings unwieldy whenever I pick one up to play in a store. I imagine it just takes a while to get used to.

what are you trying to say?

>Basically just become a hipster
>Avoid using vintage guitar/amps and brands
huh

and he can’t even use it yet

Attached: E467F1BA-E892-48C3-B551-3A2A2B5F253D.jpg (2676x3573, 1.77M)

Macmull. Macmull always wins. Although there is no contest.

Attached: _MG_7654.jpg (2427x5092, 710K)

why not just get a combo, it's much more convenient

don't worry he's just jealous you have something nicer than he does

>they unironically use a neck pickup

Attached: 634231.png (154x155, 50K)

holdsworth licks or frick off, nerd

I see, thanks.
I didn't expect it to be this hard though honestly, mostly because I've never heard of anyone taking lessons specifically for 12 strings or something like that.

>not playing a guitar in which any configuration has its uses
why tho

Attached: jazzpair.jpg (905x1178, 1.27M)

>nerd
>having 1 pickup
pick one, nerd

>bass
I was talking about guitars

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>bass
Those are 34" scale ukuleles, plebe.

Turns out Jcum is a tech illiterate phonefag who's never used a PC before and he has no idea how to make his interface work with whatever program he pirated. It's like damn dude, even Samuel managed to figured that shit out. the other day he was also trying to listen to his PC with a TV (lol which he admitted he couldn't get to work) and was asking if he could use his Marshall cabinets as monitors. Sad, isn't it?
Every 12 string I've ever picked up felt at least somewhat awkward because I'm used to playing a regular 6 with normal string spacing. That being said, I've definitely picked up ones that played better than others. Your guitar may be in need of a proper setup. But even if it plays good for a 12 it would still take some time to get used to, at least for me anyway.

I wanna buy a Mio jbass

buy one for the hetero you want to be, not the homo you are

>rent free

it already did

perfection

Attached: Kramer R36.jpg (600x250, 31K)

>the other day he was also trying to listen to his PC with a TV (lol which he admitted he couldn't get to work
yikes

Bruh, a guitar with only one pickup is a one trick pony. Not a good investment. Have two. It’s not too much and it helps get nice clean tones as well as good distorted tones.

Hey, I didn't say that having multiple pickups is awful.

Attached: e9bc8022ec8a93fd5ff6e55e7447f098.jpg (750x1000, 90K)

Still looking forward to that nightswan rerelease

Noice on the left meh on the right. I love natural jazzs but not a fan of that with the pearly pickguard.

Pic related is the best

Attached: jazz.jpg (1707x580, 140K)

Fucking waste

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZKFC1sm1b7

Attached: 361CCC13-9ED6-4AF2-A5BD-D038A13FF342.jpg (2826x3421, 636K)

I hate that they usually go for black binding and block inlays on the necks of ash body basses. Looks tacky and too in the mold of geddy lee for my tastes. I'll eventually sell the one on the left if I can stomach dealing with the tards on craigslist.

turn up ya dang amp
but rad

But at least it has a USB3.0 and 2x2 midi

I play in a band with a lot of ambient textures and soundscapes, and the red panda is brilliant for that (particularly the plate and cathedral settings). it also has a built in delay that warps like a true analogue pedal when you move the decay knob, so if you pair it with a looper or another delay with a very long delay time you can do some crazy shit with it

shit recording quality but this is some dang good playing if thats really you my friend

Are these two even any different from each other in any way apart from aesthetics? What's the point of having two of the exact same bass in different colors?

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZyxyehN_Qk
listen to this from 1:20 onwards and tell me an es-355 on the neck position isn't the best tone you've heard in your life.

>Are these two even any different from each other in any way apart from aesthetics?
Yeah, the pickups and string tension.
>What's the point of having two of the exact same bass in different colors?
I bought the sunburst one for cheap from a friend so I could put the maple neck it had on the ash body. I had extra hipshot hardware so I went to town on upgrading it.

I'll eventually sell it, but I hate dealing with the riff-raff on craigslist either asking dumb questions or low-balling me.

Attached: Axis.jpg (2394x1351, 833K)

eurgh

Attached: e19.png (651x481, 69K)

>replaces his first position 12AX7 with a 5751 then proceeds to stomp on the Tube Screamer running in front of his amp

Attached: 1472790313646.jpg (515x343, 22K)

>having two different sounds at your disposal instead of one
>stop having more options, install 12ax7 everywhere, replace el84 with 12ax7, replace transistors with 12ax7, put 12ax7 on top of 12ax7

>your playing is so boring that you're forced to grab the audiences attention with tricks & gimmicks like having two different sounds

Attached: tumblr_inline_obmayl6wyC1r1sk08_502_.jpg (110x113, 4K)

The neck pickup will suck the tone right out of the strings due to increased magnetic pull

>tricks & gimmicks
>using a boost pedal

Attached: 2795415-9653374716-king..jpg (300x300, 13K)

>crutches in lieu of actual creativity

Attached: maxresdefaults.jpg (1719x1077, 213K)

>overchewing the same blooze licks is creativity

Attached: 12Untitled.png (341x357, 236K)

>SRV in a nutshell

Attached: 1490943101394.jpg (208x208, 11K)

you mentioned srv, not me.

look again

How the hell do people play power chords fast on the A and D string without touching the E string. I don't get it, In order for me to do that, I have to have my hand almost motionless, how do they move the arm up and down so freely and don't touch the E string? Do I mute it somehow? I've somewhat tried thjat and it sounds like shit. Any tips?

lol see

I want to play fat riffs but I have to set up my half cab and pedalboard first and I don't wanna do that

Attached: SadPajeet.png (434x648, 383K)

Just plug in and play

they mention srv because dumb guitar kids are unaware of jazz players who all used Fenders with low-gain preamp tubes in them.

but then my tone won't be as joocy and I won't be able to put sweet delay on my leads

>guitar kids are unaware of jazz players
lets be honest, no one's really aware of any jazz players, not even other guitarists

wat
by fast you mean strumming?
if your playng a power chord with the root on the a string you have to mute with the first finger the e string and hi e and b string as well

That youtube boomer tone is so played out dude

idc it sounds nice

based

>set up my half cab and pedalboard
it takes less than a minute if you're not handicapped

more like a minute and a half, plus I have a cold right now so even standing up sucks
My life is very difficult right now

Hello Yea Forums I want to get into guitar but I get so nervous whenever I go into a music store because I don't know how to play or anything about guitar in general. How can I walk into a place like pic related and not have a panic attack trying to pick something out and playing it to compare to other guitars in the store? Every time I go there are guys who are playing their butts off and I always end up running out of the store after a few minutes because I start to sweat profusely. Help me I don't know what to do

Attached: music-store-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 213K)

what is the one with the teeth on it

I just bought one off amazon lmao
when i'll be decent I'll get the confidence to go into a store and try out something and actually buy something i like more

damn it what is the one with the teeth on it

One of the Hot Picks Monster series. I've got a few of them.

New thread

Attached: 14b9185c0fcd237501934f564b0c029356b84d7b1547910136.jpg (1200x670, 362K)

No. if I'm playing a song that's like this
D:5-5-5
A:3-3-3 Like, power chords one afer another , punk I guess. youtu.be/9nIAne40iSA?t=37
Something like here, how the hell can I play that, fast like in the video, without making the top string ring out. Because I eventually touch it with the pick. I don't get it.

hey dude you're very early, that's rude and against the rules you know

Thanks

can you take a picture of them so i can see the different ones

Attached: 3e94yuge4g03i4jg94u56h.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Attached: toosoon.jpg (1757x813, 107K)

See a doctor sounds like you might have social anxiety problem

Google has them

holy shit who even goes to music stores nowadays? ebay is your friend

Attached: ok then.jpg (141x150, 7K)

In your position, I would just talk to the staff rather than float around the displays giving yourself anxiety.

It might help to remember that probably 70% of guitarists who walk into a music store go in there to sit down with a guitar they can't afford, plug into an amp they can't afford, and shred a few licks in the hopes of turning their fellow guitarbros into an audience before leaving without purchasing anything beyond picks and maybe some strings. Do some research ahead of time about what kinds of guitar and amp you need, know what kind of music you want to play, and then go into your local guitar shop and talk to a sales guy; they'll be more than happy to help and they'll get you set up properly. If I were a retail store employee, there's no way the 20-something dude sitting down with a $3500 Guthrie Govan signature plugged into a $2000 Mesa combo that he has no intention of buying is getting better service than the guy who can realistically drop $300-$500 on his first rig.

We've all been there user, you can do this.

It's fucken gay

cool it with the homophobia jerk

Attached: mecouch.png (160x240, 89K)

What the fuck is the point it pentatonic scales?
It's just diatonic with notes removed. Why?
What purpose does it serve to learn these separately?

when you need something now instead of tomorrow
when you want to try before you buy so you don't get a lemon

I'll dig em all out and take a pic in a few

To sound evil in church obviously

Attached: jesusguitar1-e1411131668876.jpg (440x550, 33K)

The more you learn, the better you play.

thanks

Attached: happy_crying_face_png_by_nfc_by_ninetailsfoxchan-d510n4g.png (183x200, 30K)

the other notes of the diatonic are the useless ones

>Every time I go there are guys who are playing their butts off
Those are mostly people who just do that, they're the guitar store heroes. Pay them no mind, they mostly piss off the staff because they just won't go.

You come there to get yourself a fucking guitar, not show off your skills, there's nothing wrong with just starting out. If you don't know what you really want out of your instrument chances are some manager can help you out, especially if they feel like they can actually sell you something. Tell them what you want to play, maybe you have a guitarist you like so you want a tone like that, sometimes there's a perfect solution for it just waiting for you.

You can even ask them to play for you if you really want to measure the sound and don't know what to play, but the actual thing you should be looking for if you're just starting out is if the guitar feels nice to hold and sit down with. That's the best thing about guitar stores, you can actually get a feel of the instrument, that's more important than sound because you won't be able to get an amazing tone out of your fingers in the beginning anyway. I got fucked by ordering guitars more than once when I was starting out, they looked cool but ended up being junk, so if you don't know what to expect it's a HUGE gamble. Meanwhile if you feel like the guitar "feels" yours, you feel good with it, it's easy to play, you like the sound - you're all set.

I was in a store recently with a friend and I was really nervous too despite having some songs to play (rehearsed them beforehand just to be sure), meanwhile my buddy doesn't know shit about guitars, he holds them wrong, barely knows how to use a pick and was trying to remember how to play one song for five minutes. You think anybody gave a shit? Meanwhile I was playing the same few melodies again and again to test a lot of guitars back to back, I think that was more annoying. Don't be ashamed to be a beginner, everyone were one once.

sunburst is gay

Would look great as a 6 string

If you can't focus enough to practice a whole song the guitar playing is the least of your problems.

Attached: He can't keep getting away with it.jpg (245x295, 29K)

damn is this al di meola

I had more, but they seem to have walked away, as picks do.

Attached: 20190515_130953.jpg (2079x2078, 2.29M)

Attached: Dean Psychobilly Cabbie.jpg (479x193, 31K)

are those two glow in the dark?

Attached: 282.png (200x210, 38K)

Never mind I was wrong

just the one

In case you need to chop down mutant bananas that come at you with ill intent?

hey I didn't give you permission to save my reaction image

Will playing scales up and down improve my finger picking skills?

I can't imagine why practicing would help you improve

Duh, I was curious if that exercise in particular makes you improve faster or something because I see it recommended often

why must gibson have the best looking guitars but be so shit