New Green Day album leak

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 19K)

looks gay

Who could possibly care at this point? I'm honestly surprised they haven't re-released American Idiot in an orange case.

-been in the works since December
-production lasted from February to early April
-album name not yet assigned. Good chance it will end up being called "some songs for assholes"
-produced by Butch Walker, and green day
-one song is called "don't patronize me"

-the band is going in what I would call a fallout boy type of direction with this album most poppy album by far for them
-singles should be starting to drop in June. Album in August.
-13 songs so far

Attached: eversion.jpg (460x215, 49K)

I'm not a green day fan. I've been able to listen to about 6 songs, I didn't listen to any from start to finish. I'd say this is is going to be a mediocre pop album with some alternative rock in the mix. Seriously, this is probably going to make hard core fans pissed, this is a very poppy album from a rock band

Genius.

Attached: 1545556815791.png (371x353, 148K)

too bad Billy Joe torpedoed their career by virtue signalling. not that they've made anything good since American Idiot

I didn't even hear that they announced a new album

I hope they will

Eh, 21st Century Breakdown was actually a pretty good album. Stadium rock anthems on that fucker.

What would you consider the most redeeming tracks on that album? 21 guns? I haven't listened in years. I do think there were some good tracks, but it was clear even when it released that it was unable to live up to the post-AI hype. Even the friends I had then when I was young recognized it wasn't as good as AI. That being said, I don't know much about how the album is seen generally now. I am curious how it would hold up a decade or so after release.

lmao

>too bad Billy Joe torpedoed their career by virtue signalling.
as much as i hate his new persona, american idiot saved their careers. they were dead in the water after warning

I agree it's definitely not as good as AI. I'd say the most redeeming tracks on it are the singles. Know Your Enemy is a great radio rock song, East Jesus Nowhere I think features one of their best choruses, Last of the American Girls is a pretty groovy track and I think Horseshoes and Handgrenades is a genuinely badass tune. And, as cheesy as they are, I think that Last Night On Earth and 21 Guns are good ballads. All the way through, is it as good as American Idiot? No. But I do think that it gets a little too unfairly looked down upon in their discography.

well yeah. I'm talking about post-AI. That album made them extremely relevant again
I can empathize regarding Know Your Enemy, I still think about that song every once in a while. I'll give it another chance given I haven't listened in probably close to a decade. I also remember really enjoying the title track, that one is pretty reminiscent of AI in a way to me.
Do you agree, though, that after 21st Century Breakdown, they are a wholly unredeemable band?

Don't give them any ideas.

Attached: mrbungle.jpg (379x480, 34K)

i'd rather see they put that RSD woodstock release up for streaming

Yeah I forgot about the title track as well. Again, great stadium rock song. I absolutely agree that everything they did post 21st Century Breakdown is irredeemable. Their trilogy of albums is horribly produced that features quite possibly Green Day's worst song (Nightlife) and their most recent album is filled with Billie Joe's worst lyrics he's ever written. Also their sound is getting stale as fuck. I can only take so much of the exact same chord progressions and melodies.

i always thought see the light was a great song, even if it's something they probably could write and pull off in their sleep by now

I don't even want to think about how many Trump-related lyrics Billy has written as of late. I assume it's way too many. I have not heard Nightlife, why do you call it their worst specifically? And yeah, after AI they really needed to try something new or at least after TFCB. The same three chords get tiring after long enough. And I'm saying this as someone who really enjoys Warning still.

Btw, that trilogy of albums existing alone is laughable enough that I can't imagine ever making myself listen to them all front to back.

>Btw, that trilogy of albums existing alone is laughable enough that I can't imagine ever making myself listen to them all front to back.
don't forget the accompanying album of demos!

You are not missing out on anything by not listening to the trilogy front to back lol. I'd say Nightlife is their worst song because it's a fucking rap song. Yes. Green Day making a rap song with some literal who with god awful flow and lyrics. Even in my heyday of loving everything Green Day, I cringed to that song. And their most recent album is so laughable because you can just tell that they were trying to do another American Idiot with subject material and song structures but it just fell flat on its face.

Green Day is more washed up than Blink-182, just fucking let it die

I don't need to think about that
I'm morbidly curious, I cringed super hard when I heard Kill the DJ so I'm familiar with Green Day cringecore
Ironically I think Blink-182 is better off in a way, at least they have a somewhat fresh sound

the trilogy is filled to the brim with trash and throwaways but "amy" is a sweet song

i'd listen to an entire album of billie joe + electric guitar, billy bragg style

So would I. Billie Joe has a nice voice when he's singing subdued songs like Amy. I'd love it if Green Day took a more minimalist approach with their next record and actually added layers and good production to it.

Isn't that Kerplunk-era artwork?

Who fucking cares

It is

That's what I thought when I saw it. If it's the actual art for the new album I'd guess it's an obvious callback, it'd be a weird thing to reference to try to drudge up nostalgia points, but I mean it worked with me for a moment so who knows.

nvm I'm a retard. That must actually be from the Kerplunk era. I haven't been following them so I just assumed

Imagine wanting to hear what some guys who peaked in the 90's have to offer.

That nostalgia factor my dude

a flower?

thats just their original logo

Hopefully it will have some Kerplunk vibes. Their two first albums were literally the best

damn i’d buy that