Name more overrated musician

protip: you can not

Attached: 853de2b8224c681079a3a66111bd97ec.jpg (668x925, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vH6v9JS26xc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

John "Beat My Wife" Lemon

brian wilson

he also raped a fat retard

He's properly rated, though. Most people say that he wrote/sang some great legendary songs, but pretty much nobody says that he is some transcendent musician of all time.

Honestly this. Paul McCartney is incredibly mediocre.

David Bowie

Taylor swift lol

Yes

>invents granny shit
Heh, nothing personnel kid

>throws shade on the most successful songwriter ever
>more #1 records written than anyone else
>wrote/cowrote, sang, and played on many of what are recognized as the greatest albums of all time
>is cited by most great bassists as a prime influence

Whether or not you actually ARE 14 year old boys knocking shit because... because... well, because that's what 14 year old boys do online, why don't you share with us who you actually LIKE?

Attached: 1523725040147.jpg (297x376, 21K)

Kurt Cobain

BASED AND REDPILLED OP!!!

Attached: 220px-John_Lennon_1969_(cropped).jpg (220x305, 17K)

Attached: Lou-Reed.jpg (1200x627, 52K)

>he's successful therefore he's good
He's mediocre. Not even second best Beatle.

Niggas a pop genius and a master of melody
youtu.be/vH6v9JS26xc

John's arguably better than him, but no way that George is better.

Billie Eilish

kanye weast

>pop genius
Kek. He's just a second tier Brian Wilson.

dumb 50 IQ zoomnigger

>pop genius
>never fully broke into the mainstream besides being a hokey surf novelty band to the general public

>implying that fucking McCartney did that
And Pet Sounds is as innovative as Revolver.

And no one gives a shit. How many hits does pet sound have? Now compare that to the Beatles. One is clearly the more effective pop band

>Beach Boys
>never fully broke into the mainstream
what the fuck are you on m8?

Attached: the list goes on.png (612x2506, 339K)

so they have like three number 1 songs? haha pathetic

As a song-writer, maybe. As a bassist, fairly rated. The older I get, the more I appreciate his incredible bass playing, simply genius.

that's actually pretty based holy shit

Did he actually "rape" a "retarded" girl, or did he just have sex with an autist? I don't think those are quite the same thing.

Frank Ocean

I like the Beach Boys, but holy shit. Let's be fucking real. The Beach Boys were NOT on the same level as The Beatles. They didn't even play on Pet Sounds. They were off touring the country while Brian Wilson was recording the album with session musicians. They're biggest musical contribution was inspiring Sgt. Pepper, but nobody ever seems to mention that Pet Sounds itself was inspired by Rubber Soul in 1965. The Beatles absolutely cucked them. They're literally only remembered for inspiring a good Beatles album.

people with severe mental challenges arent able to consent. but does that me an they can never have sex even if they wish to? there is certainly a weird power dynamic but i think saying people who might have less mental capabilities are still entitled to sexual autonomy.

I had a cute autist who was obsessed with me in high school, and she used to vividly describe sexual acts that she wanted to perform on me. I never did anything with her because I was felt too bad to actually go through with it, but god damn I wanted to. She was cute as hell.

john raped someone with downs syndrome. autism is a lot less severe-- and hardly a mental disorder just a different form of mental functioning. one with it might have less comfortability with social cues and be obsessive about certain tasks. but they can clearly articulate wether they are ok with sex or not. someone with severe downs cannot

bruh, Downies are always tryna fuck

>downs
That's really fucked up. I don't even find downies attractive. At least the autist I knew in high school was hot. She just had no social skills at all.

the fact that not everybody thinks Lou Reed is the most influential artist of the 1900s means he's criminally underrated

John Cale was the true genius of The Velvet Underground.

How can you be the most influential when barely anyone listens to you?

Jimmy Page

freshcunts can't meme

i mean tons of people listen to the velvet underground and lou reed... but besides that you can directly influence a lot of people without being well known yourself. plenty of examples of artists who direclty influenced others who became much mroe famous for this. its very common in the underground to be more popularized by someone who makes more accessible, marketable versions of what you did. you can be a teacher who taught many people yet your hardly known (Nadia Boulanger) et

Hey Jude, Let it be, yesterday and penny Lane are pretty overrated, so yes I agree

then how come he never made anything worth listening to after Velvet Underground?

Elvis. Although Yea Forums might not pay much attention to him the way boomers talk about him like he was the greatest musician of his era is fucking insane. He could barely even strum a gutair.

My favorite Beatles song is cry for a shadow unironically.

wait did john actually rape a retarded girl? I was just making a joke about "kurt cobain rape a fat retard" being the new "john lennon beat his wife" lol

Very easy: Eric Clapton

He was a pop-culture icon. You're a brainlet so you equate fame for value. You're also 15 so you think opinions like this are even worth getting formed.

This. Average songwriter, poor guitarist, unimpressive vocal ability and a shitty person overall. He didn’t put his influences to good use, instead wrote formulaic music with the odd exception. At least Paul/Faul was a competent songwriter and a decent guy at the end of the day. He’s also still alive (maybe)

kendrick lamar

Please tell me you're joking. Fear is a masterpiece

>average songwriter
Wrong
>poor guitarist
Wrong
>unimpressive vocal ability
Wrong
>shitty person
Sort of correct yes

have sex

>critics mock his songs as granny shit
>writes a response song where the main hook is literally "Here I go again"
>27th number-one single
>#1 pop song on Billboard 1976 end-of-the-year list
>certified Gold

Attached: IMG_0931.jpg (434x393, 46K)

th number-one single
>>#1 pop song on Billboard 1976 end-of-the-year list
>>certified Gold
Doens't make it not granny shit you dummy

Attached: 1388470944573.jpg (318x335, 22K)

Martha My Dear is the perfect pop song

He's truly the best on writing granny garbage.

List example of Paul's god tier base playing. I only think of Dear Prudence. I do enjoy his genius melody writing though.

Rain