ISIS

I never see any post-metal on this board.
Does Yea Forums like Panopticon or Oceanic better?
>inb4 any of their other stuff which is fine too but aside from the discussion

Attached: R-377605-1365497499-3466.jpg (600x600, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chiplodocus.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

panopticon for me

You're misusing the word "aside." You understand the meaning, but not how to use it grammatically. It'd be better if you said "beside the point."

I can't really stand Isis or Pelican, but I love the drone-related post-metal bands like Jesu and the post-metal bands with crust and black metal elements like Oathbreaker.

maybe if i said, "as an aside from the discussion"
Jesu is essential and Godflesh is also very very good

The Red Sea

This board doesn't deserve Isis.
Panopticon for me though.

To good for/mu/. Shame I cant wear the shirts outside anymore. Absence of truth was my fave. Check out mamiffer too. Aaron and his wife. 3rd record is amazing. Then listen to my band, we sound nothing like ISIS but we pinched some of thier lyrics on a new track from upcoming EP. Because were absolute hacks.
chiplodocus.bandcamp.com

Attached: 3twk64lbcjj21.jpg (594x792, 51K)

Ooh thanks for the recs user

They both slap but I'll have to go with Somewhere Along the Highway by Cult Of Luna for my money

Oceanic

I like Oceanic a lot, but don't really understand the appeal of Panopticon at all.

I get that, Oceanic is a lyrical masterpiece but Panopticon is pretty much one riff per song.

I dug that album but I just cant get into these guys... something distinctly euro-pomp about them. Faint smell of fart when I hear then. ISIS and neurosis perfected the sound. A few copy cat acts were ok.. pelican had 2 awesome albums, australasia and fire in throats... but lost a guitarist I think.. started sounding bland. Old man now, but when I crave this kinda shit, ISIS is what I go for. Oceanic remixes are pretty stellar if u cut some fat.

That Beginning and the End remix by Venetian Snares is wonky but works damn well

ISIS rhythm section did a project with Chino from deftones. Anyone know how it was? Deftones were soundtrack to my teens and ISIS my 20s .. but I never got to this for some reason... again, listen to mamiffer, you'll see where the talent of ISIS really lays.

It rly gud lisn

Attached: EK.jpg (474x474, 71K)

You're thinking of Palms.
They released a really decent album

Check out True Nature Unfolds by Callisto

oathbreaker is great, second son of r is so fucking raw

This is great so far. Thanks

Saleel Al-Sawarim is my favorite song of theirs.

>mfw someone actually made the joke

Attached: 14dbd67d-7025-4c2f-b271-922bc7b77aa5-Michael_Cummins.jpg (300x375, 20K)

I dug the mosque-ito ep.