How accurate is this?

How accurate is this?

Attached: chalkboard.jpg (1200x798, 281K)

Tldr

idk but props to Jack Black for putting up Captain Beefheart on there

You know, why haven't scientists studied the waveforms of various genres to figure out the differences on a far more detailed scale?

residents should have been on the ? tag, otherwise looks like a very simple and effective chart

Gets points for having Beefheart, Can and Zappa there

why the hell is folk rock is linked to new wave?

> country > folk
no, folk is an umbrella that country grew out of as certain trends within American folk were formalized

> rockabilly > British invasion
that's fine, but to be specific, there was a middle man called skiffle

The rap picks are pretty lame

Surprisingly great picks for punk, "80s punk" (should've called it hardcore), and grunge, which isn't too surprising given Jack Black's tastes.

One obvious missing point is all the subgenres of metal, but that'd take its own board - here he pretty much does early heavy metal plus Metallica

i'm sure he explained in his lecture when he was drawing it up, but i was skipping class that day

Do people realize this is directly from the movie School of Rock starring Jack Black?

nah, that's a really weird connection. New Wave wasn't really connected to anything as earthy as folk. Its roots were pretty much punk, glam rock, and art rock.

>r&b to hard rock

Attached: 1504822703938.jpg (598x714, 303K)

David Byrne was loosely, loosely influenced by folk rock early in his career, that's the closest I can come up with

>no no-wave
hipster victory lads

>New Wave wasn't really connected to anything as earthy as folk. Its roots were pretty much punk, glam rock, and art rock.
And reggae.

no wave fucking sucks
yeah i said it, pseud fucks fuck off

Chuck Berry influenced The Who, yeah. The length of the line determines how distantly they're connected, but the connection still makes sense.

>jazz not having a direct link to hip-hop

Attached: 14dbd67d-7025-4c2f-b271-922bc7b77aa5-Michael_Cummins.jpg (300x375, 20K)

is that you, Jack Black?

Actually that's a really good point, David Byrne, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, and probably a few other new wave artists were really into "world music" or traditional folk music from other parts of the world. Good call, hadn't thought of that.

I love a lot of no wave stuff, especially what DNA was doing. But I don't blame them for omitting that because it's such a small, fringe genre, and it's pretty much a subgenre of punk.

*ahem*¨
move aside faggot

Attached: 1535384266428.jpg (392x553, 186K)

eh, I know Thirlwell was influenced by no wave, but I've always associated him more with industrial.

that's outside of the scope and function of this particular chart, but the way he strands Jazz off to the side is a bit sad

>new york based
>early 80s
no wave

Nah, there were a few no wave acts still going in the 80s, but the peak of that scene was the late 70s.

>hip-hop
>rap
>no trap
fuck off where’s my playboi carti
which fuckin boomer did this

Attached: E3B7F6BB-5030-4B8F-A323-4F885754AA9A.jpg (919x720, 137K)