Why does everyone hate Nickelback so much? I mean, they're not great...

Why does everyone hate Nickelback so much? I mean, they're not great, but it's become like a meme to hate everything about them.

Attached: Nickelback-nickelback-25842778-1024-768.jpg (1024x768, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VdaKwt5cHEk
variety.com/2019/music/news/imagine-dragons-nickelback-worst-band-slipknot-corey-taylor-1203145926/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NPCs (no, really)
Dave Grohl telling people that they're the worst band ever (along with Creed) because he's a jealous faggot
Naturally, people listen to Grohl because he was in a band they liked 25 years ago

Because they got hugely successful for making fairly generic music. It was kind of more just a joke within the rock listening crowd itself before, they were seen as just kind of inoffensive boring and bland and kind of a "normie" band more than anything badass

It has become a meme, because I'm pretty sure many zoomers who will laugh at Nickelback jokes probably don't even know a Nickelback song.

>it's become like a meme to hate everything about them
yeah, 10 years ago
now the meme is to pretend you like them
see how this user fell for it:

It's not a meme to like them, Dave

>become

counter-counter-culture has been a meme for years now, zoomer
bet you think you're edgy for liking radio pop too

some of their stuff is genuine decent grunge
their new shit is just shitty party anthems for midwesterners

Wait, isn't FF pretty much exactly the same thing as Nickelback and Creed?

grohl's vocals aren't as chaddy and they have way more accessible songs

The first 2 Foo Fighters albums are actually great. Fell of real hard after that though

I WONDER IF IT'S TOO LATE

You could've made a thread about anything, and you chose this. I think that says a lot about you.

A band everyone should check out is My Darkest Days, though. They literally distilled the Nickelback formula down to only its absolute worst parts. It's actually kind of impressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=VdaKwt5cHEk

>Dave Grohl telling people that they're the worst band ever (along with Creed) because he's a jealous faggot
The irony.

But yeah Nickelback and Creed suck regardless. They're really fucking stupid. Dave was reiterating what most people thought.

>It has become a meme, because I'm pretty sure many zoomers who will laugh at Nickelback jokes probably don't even know a Nickelback song.
>there are people that weren't around for the 00's when nickelback was shilled hard on mainstream radio
I just filter out Nickelback when I hear it on the radio. I don't know when that happened but I noticed it the other day when it was played and I instantly had to reach for the radio to change channels. It was so instantaneous that it shocked me.

The thing that makes me really dislike Creed is less the music than the fact that they made everybody like Pearl Jam a little bit less because he took Vedder's vocal style and made it into something annoying and awful. Then again, Stone Temple Pilots did the exact same thing and for some reason people seem to love them.

Ironically, this might revitalise the bands of that era that were drowned out by garbage bands.
Like the Deftones.

This.
Pretender was their only really good track.

Nah even those were boring.

the only Foo Fighters song I really like is Learn to Fly

>Then again, Stone Temple Pilots did the exact same thing and for some reason people seem to love them.
STP are nothing like those bands though. They made some weird guitar choices and seemed to delve into stoner rock / new wave initially. Then after purple they became shit.
They needed to add more of those flanger/chorusy guitars and more of those heavier sludge riffs.

I don't know why STP were called copycats, they were very unique in Core at least.

I just wish FF went more like Nirvana/Melvins/Soundgarden with doom/stoner riffs, broken rhythms, dissonant chords, etc. Instead they're just a heavier nickelback.

In fact, the entire alt rock scene seemed to shift from dissonance and slow sludgy rhythms to something more like metal core or something.
Ironically, that genre started to breakdown their songs more and made it more like old grunge/alt rock more recently.

I wouldn't call it metalcore, since the 90s metalcore scene was really heavy and intense... tough I could definitely see how you could compare it to the 00s metalcore scene, in terms of being bland mainstream alt rock.

I do wish Foo Fighters had been more experimental, though maybe not in the grunge/sludge way you're referring to... it's worth keeping in mind that the Foo Figers also included Pat Smear from the proto-hardcore and the Germs, two guys from the proggy indie emo/post-hardcore bands Sunny Day Real Estate, and Grohl had started in the DC hardcore scene with Scream. I would've liked to hear all that in the music, instead of just straightforward, simple pop rock like they wound up doing.

Core and Purple are great, the rest is all trash though.

>tough I could definitely see how you could compare it to the 00s metalcore scene
I meant that.
Yeah that genre was all over the joint in the 90's.

> it's worth keeping in mind that the Foo Figers also included Pat Smear from the proto-hardcore and the Germs, two guys from the proggy indie emo/post-hardcore bands Sunny Day Real Estate, and Grohl had started in the DC hardcore scene with Scream. I would've liked to hear all that in the music, instead of just straightforward, simple pop rock like they wound up doing.
Yeah, I have no idea why both of them can't make decent music instead of the pop shit they make. Nirvana was bordering on underground at all times sound wise. It was unusual that they broke the mainstream to me.

Purple frustrates me. It's too withdrawn.
Many grunge bands did that around 1996 and I have no clue why that happened. Reaction to things like nu-metal?

>Stone Temple Pilots did the exact same thing and for some reason people seem to love them.
STP were hated by critics early on and were called PJ ripoffs just like Creed were

>Wait, isn't FF pretty much exactly the same thing as Nickelback and Creed?
They're worse because Dave Grohl acts like the king/God of rock music

>because he took Vedder's vocal style and made it into something annoying and awful
Vedder's voice was always annoying and awful.
Scott Stapp wasn't trying to emulate him, either.
Stapp was a big fan of The Doors so if anything he tried emulating Jim Morrison.

critics hated stp. they had fans but were critically panned like nickleback and creed at the time, but their music has a aged a lot better and is now much more well regarded.

there was that time they paid a drunk German guy $20 to mutilate his genitalia

>Scott Stapp wasn't trying to emulate him, either.
>Stapp was a big fan of The Doors so if anything he tried emulating Jim Morrison.
i guess he did a shit job of it then because he sounds like eddie vedder

>he tried emulating Jim Morrison
So he said, but let's be real here, the marble mouth "tongue to the roof of the mouth" baritone style was just "in" during the 90's. Everyone was doing it, Veder was probably the first prominent one, but it was done by Crash Test Dummies, Hootie and the Blowfish, Dave Mathews, the list goes on.
It was just "of the times" and part of the sound that made you successful at the time.
Morrisson had a clearer crooner style and used proper pronunciation, there wasn't much similar between him and the 90's men other than being in that lower register.

Sauce?
Doesn't sound very nickelback.

Attached: 248.jpg (769x321, 55K)

No one cares about Nickelback anymore, the universally loathed band is now Imagine Dragons.

Why would you want them back

embodiement of rock music becoming lame and tame

along with foo fighters

Attached: Download (5).jpg (299x169, 8K)

They suck.

STP are just poorly-disguised cockrock. Like you know if it had been just a few years earlier, those guys would have been wearing a clown wig and singing about teenage sluts.

Twenty One Pilots?

Because a hero will save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait

variety.com/2019/music/news/imagine-dragons-nickelback-worst-band-slipknot-corey-taylor-1203145926/

Preach it, Brother Corey!

I hated em as a kid, before it was cool. They played that stupid emo butt rock This is How You Remind me shit on every other radio station

One of the big reasons possibly is that they were signed to Roadrunner, a label that specialized in underground metal acts, some of which were amazing bands that were doing some cutting edge stuff, but they instead chose to spend about 80% of their advertising budget on Nickelback.

They exposed rock and roll as a simplistic formulaic genre. They are the clear indicator that there is no where interesting for rock and roll to progress.
Rockists are butt-blasted by this realization, and claim that Nickelback Precipitated the fall.
However, they were merely an inevitable consequence of a played out genre.

Makes me laugh

Give me your autograph

Go to bed, bleepfag.