All of my songs would be legit 8+/10 if only they weren’t mixed like shit

>All of my songs would be legit 8+/10 if only they weren’t mixed like shit
Music for these feels

Attached: 138AA88D-0C2B-4BDA-B3A6-8B980CBD5CFC.png (1476x1354, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qj8jZVaoAqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no vamp gf

Attached: 1554534835810.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

I always wonder, how do you know when an album is mixed like shit?

no they wouldn't be

If you can't tell right away, you have shitty audio equipment.

not that hard to hear it

here is an example
youtube.com/watch?v=qj8jZVaoAqQ

You sound like a non musician.

Then you should pay someone to mix your tracks.

Lets hear it. I like poorly mixed music

If your songs aren't 8+/10 with shitty mixing, they won't be 8+/10 with good mixing. A good song is a good song, mixing has nothing to do with it. A good mix will make it more listenable, but it won't fix shitty writing.

This is not to say you shouldn't have good mixing; you absolutely should. But you can't expect a good mix to suddenly make your bad songs good.

this
look at spaceghostpurrp/xxxtentacion/burzum
horrible mixing but still rose to the top

Lo fI =/= bad mixing

drinkin a 40 in a death basket

No, you sound like a non musician.

i'll mix them for you email me at [email protected]

a terrible mix can ruin a song where all the other aspects are great

No, you sound like a non musician

Bullshit. The best tracks on the planet are 90% flukes. You overestimate how good your tracks are. Listen to more songs and detail what they do that your track does not. You'll find the issues with your tracks.
If you can't even do a half decent mix, then you likely lack the ability to hear the differences.

Engineers tend to use multiple different monitors and switch between them to test mixes.

Bjork gets away with this because her vocals are meant to be the front of the music. The music tends to lurk in the background with her music. This would be bad for other musicians though.

You’re a musician and an idiot.

Sometimes a mix can make a song too.
I tend to find I overcrowd my songs with crap, cut some parts and then adjust the compression to make the minimalist aspects of the track stand out. Sounds far better sometimes.

There is no difference to me between a mix and a piece of music. Those days are long gone.

Also a bitch ass.

huh?

This is pretty true. If you’ve developed your songwriting to a good enough level youve also likely developed passable audio skills. Most songs have issues that come way before mixdown. They are simply not well written.

If you cant can't figure out how to achieve passable lo-fi production you're helpless. I don't see how any of your music is "8/10" if you can't master rudimentary recording and production skills of your style of choice. If you're writing pop music (rock, etc, all the same with aesthetic specifications) this is an integral component of the process. If you have any idea what you're doing music theory wise, what's your excuse for not studying production? And if you're clueless theory wise, with no production technique, there's no way your music is any good

It's more like songwriting editing to bring out the mix more. Dynamics need space to work in and the only way to do that well is to adjust the song itself.

8+/10 songs sound good regardless of the mixing (unless they’re overproduced, which clearly isn’t the case here.) you’re just a coward

this man speaks the truth

And if you don’t have means to fluent production/mixing capabilities, make something that can thrive thanks to your situation’s constraints even if that means stripping back or doing something intentionally lo fi

There has to be a gif, webm, or video of this elvira lookin bitch getting fucked. Imma need you to post it right away