Inspirational Albums

Looking for records that boost confidence without being tacky athletic jams. About to make a big move across the country and could use a musical pep rally. Pic related is what I’m feeling.

Attached: C9DA546D-22AF-44A6-BDBB-17A238FFE7A9.jpg (500x497, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DXlOHUSnAw
youtube.com/watch?v=DWos8TS9yaE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: download (1).jpg (240x210, 12K)

Tom Petty's Greatest Hits is good too for this. His albums weren't super strong but he had a stellar 20 year run of big heartland rock hits from the 70s to early-mid 90s

Thanks, checking this out.

Love me some Petty, though I wish I could find a solid, no-filler studio record of his.

By "boost confidence" I will equate that with positivism. Music that makes you feel UP.

Meet The Beatles - The Beatles
Neon - The Cyrkle
Rock And Roll Love Letter - Bay City Rollers
Attention Shoppers! - Starz
Back To The Drawing Board - The Rubinoos
Not Fragile - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Destroyer - Kiss
Van Halen - Van Halen

These would all pump me up.

Incubus - Make Yourself

Darkness on the Edge of Town [Columbia, 1978]
"Promised Land," "Badlands," and "Adam Raised a Cain" are models of how an unsophisticated genre can illuminate a mature, full-bodied philosophical insight. Lyrically and vocally, they move from casual to incantatory modes with breathtaking subtlety, jolting ordinary details into meaning. But many of the other songs remain local-color pieces, and at least two--"Something in the Night" and "Streets of Fire"--are overwrought, soggy, all but unlistenable. An important minor artist or a rather flawed and inconsistent major one. B+

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

If you're into pop rap

Attached: graduation.jpg (1000x1000, 97K)

I hate this guy so much.

Looking for something a bit more purposefully “me-against-the-world,” as silly as it sounds. Appreciate the rec nonetheless.

U2 - The Joshua Tree

I've tried but I've never gotten into Springsteen for my best efforts. Something about his voice and sound is very unappealing to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DXlOHUSnAw

Also he invented Eddie Vedder vocals.

it's an acquired taste
you may like nebraska as that's one that even non-fans/the classic rock averse tend to love

It's the saxophone, isn't it? I hate sax in rock too.

Attached: You're Not Alone.jpg (600x600, 97K)

That's ok, the only people who actually listen to him are critics and they're not real people anyway.

It's very American. I can't imagine a British artist sounding like that.

>a solid, no-filler studio record of his

That's Wildflowers but it's very long and not exactly peppy.

That review's pretty on the money tho

The average American teen in the 70s liked in-your-face bombast like Van Halen or AC/DC or Zeppelin, not the kind of stuff that was critic-approved.

I like him a lot but I know what you mean. I think his stuff would sound better if it was more stripped down. There’s too much going on instrumentally in a lot of tracks. Kind of the same thing that happened on Townes van zandt’s studio albums.

>Something about his voice and sound is very unappealing to me.
There's a bit of a raspy slur to his voice, but the Boss is generally an excellent singer.

>Kind of the same thing that happened on Townes van zandt’s studio albums
his albums are all super barren what are you talking about. they're so stripped down that they become boring desu.

>not posting the live version of Prove It All Night
youtube.com/watch?v=DWos8TS9yaE

Why does literally every picture of Bruce ever make it look like he's desperately trying to prove that his dick is bigger than 2 inches?

His guitar is competent if not especially inspired blues rock. Hate the keybs and sax though.

what are you talking about

shut up beta male onions cuck liberal

imagine having the entire English language at your disposal and still shitting out a response like this