Chist, what an absolute fucking mess. How do people hold this in such high regard?

Chist, what an absolute fucking mess. How do people hold this in such high regard?

Attached: 118769633.jpg (600x600, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocE2mxkwG_w
youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E
d9nvuahg4xykp.cloudfront.net/-7959904436364309612/4418325060181531890.jpg)
youtube.com/watch?v=3P7Isp_QCQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the title track is a 10/10

dude weed lmao - the album

cause Scaruffi said it was good

I mean theres certainly some solid moments, but even the opening track is just all over the fucking place. Theres no song structure, just a bunch of random ideas hastily stitched together

you have to be over 18 to post here

Confirmed that you’ve only listened to the first track.

I feel legitimately sorry and disgusted by any "adult" who unironically still listens to Tool.

i feel legitimately sorry and disgusted by any "adult" who unironically cares what other people listen to and/or gets upset about it.

i give it a 9/8

>shitposters think they can handle the tool
the absolute state of zoomers

Attached: bloodintowine1.png (914x513, 463K)

Disposition > Reflection is a thing of beatuy

Not upset, I just would never want to be in the same room as you on account of your trailer trash smell and pseudo intellectualism

Attached: 1553359294268.jpg (588x767, 168K)

Tool is for 30 year old stoners who live in a trailer that reeks of old cigarettes and who believe South Park is peak intellectualism

I wouldn't go that far, but if they really do just rehash all of their old material, this really is just going to feel like Joe Rogan: The Band: The Album.

lol, you must be a really nice, loving person in real life. You clearly seem to know exactly who I am, sorry god i'll stop listening to a band I like since you think they suck

Kys yourself fgt

I HOPE
I HOPE
YOU
CHOKE

You probably learned how to be so nice and loving from your girlfriend after she got to go backstage and meet Maynard, the enlightened spiritualist.

Why are you so upset

What is with you and assuming things, how about trying to develop your own opinions about things instead of calling something cringe or pseudo just because someone else did.

I'm upset because it hurts me to see someone being so dishonest with themselves

>"you are just pretending to disagree with me, theres no way any one genuienly hates what I like!"

Alright Alex

Nah Im being pretty honest every tool fan Ive ever met in person is pretty revolting and dumb, just like Maynard

I kinda just feel bad now, what's happened in your life to make you so bitter.

>throwing a fit cause stranger on Yea Forums said mean thing to you
Typical Tool fan

>projecting this hard

It's an album you listen to when you're 13. Danny is always great to listen to though.

they all went to college for one semester, got like a 3.1 and profess to be modern day intellectual

>college stifled my creativity and pursuit of truth, maaaan

Guys, it makes no logical sense to say a musical artist sucks just because their fans suck.

NPC tier response. Typical Tool fans

Actually, I failed out fourth semester, went back, finished with a 2.8, and live a boring life.

lol, sure man i'm an NPC. I just find it funny that someone would be such a pseud that they think they are too smart to listen to a band.
Typical god complex response

But Tool plays the Fibonacci sequence or something so Im smart if I like them

Maynard is just too smart for me I guess, he's deep af and I cant handle it

Kek. Tool is ass

No he isn't, your clearly just insecure about your intelligence.
Here's a tip: intelligence is a meme.

Attached: 1557558080226.jpg (223x226, 10K)

Then let's approach the musicians/musicianship:

Danny Carey is objectively amazing. Justin Chancellor is pretty groovy. Maynard has a pleasing voice but his lyrics are masturbatory obtuse bullshit. Adam Jones is a fucking trash guitarist. This band should not be writing 10 minute songs, it's a 90s alt metal act gone wrong.

>intelligence is a meme
Damn thats a smart take. You sure are smart

Used to love this album but it kind of fell off for me a few years ago. I will say though that Disposition/Reflection/Triad is still fucking incredible.

yeah and every Wu Tang fan I've met was a dumb nigger what's your point
don't judge an artist by their following holy moley kid

thanks man, I never claimed to be but i'm glad you can see something in me
>haha ill win the argument with my epic sarcasm

clearly the superior album

Attached: Tool-Undertow.jpg (316x316, 6K)

based and redpilled

The Grudge is one of the best opening tracks to an album ever.

suck cock

no thanks

You forgot how compositionally it's basically glam rock with some diminished 5ths and the occasional eastern sounding chromatic note.

You forgot how much of a faggot you are

I love the part the part with pedantic yell chanting over nu-metal chugalug noises.

If Maynard was born 30 years later he'd be Post Malone

(I meant didactic, not pedantic. Also I thought I thought I was posting in a Rush thread. My bad.)

>it's a 90s alt metal act gone wrong.

Tool is the only band still relevant from that era and they still have an enormous and loyal following

Seriously, it's like a Korn song with bob's construction team on vocals.

>Tool is the only band still relevant from that era
Deftones? Even RATM still has a following, otherwise Prophets of Rage wouldn't even be allowed to be a thing. And don't delude yourself into denying these are Tool's fucking peers.
>they still have an enormous and loyal following
They're two shakes away from being Juggalos or Kiss Army

>Adam Jones is a fucking trash guitarist.
What do you mean by trash? He may not be the flashiest and can be a bit repetitive, but I think he's written some good riffs.

>doong ding dang dong ding dong doong dang
>doong ding dang dong ding dong doong dang
>doodoo doodoo
>doodoo doodoo
>doodoo doodoo
>BONG B-B-BONG B-B
>doodoo doodoo
>BONG B-B-BONB B-B
>doodoo doodoo
>[HURRR HURR YEAHHHHHHHHHH HURR HURR!!!!]
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG B-B
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
>[repeat except change random notes]

Obligatory
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocE2mxkwG_w

The album's excellently structured compared to most progressive rock because technicality isn't the end goal here, nor is it variety for the sake of variety. It's focused on its very twisted take on its moody atmosphere first and foremost.

>it's legitimately better than 80% of actual tool songs

Having similar movement of intervals but completely different phrasing is most music to begin with.

I mean yeah, but isn't that what a musical system is to begin with? Didn't you just describe a scale?

Tool is, always has been, and always will be based. The fact that they leave faggots like OP seething is just confirmation of this obvious fact.

Agreed, anyone who listens and think it's just pentatonic 90s wankery with above-average drums is simply incapable of absorbing the deeper intellectual (and spiritual) messages.

No way you stupid cucck if they had Guthrie govan playing 1/256th notes instead of that RETARD Alex Jones then MAYBE it would be a good band.

Nonsense. The polyrhythmic slapping of leather against teenage skin and tribalistic grunt-yelps coming from Maynard's tour bus would, in and of itself, create better music than 90% of what's on the radio.

Hell yeah brother

-Roger

Are you being serious, the grudge is like the best song on the album and has the coolest themes. It fucking rapes shit live.

Tool IS on the radio, dipshit. They're the band that you listen to between FFDP and Ghost to convince yourself your taste in rock music isn't total horse shit

I listen to Parabola every once and a while, but otherwise it's their most forgettable album
That's more like 10,000 Days though

It was influential. Wouldn't have "The Moon is a Dead World" without Tool.

>when parabol ends and parabola begins

aenima is the superior album though

Attached: yes hnn.jpg (472x645, 50K)

>it's when they send people through the audience handing out "backstage passes"

I think your problem is you attempted to take Tool too seriously. That was your first mistake. Even Maynard doesn't take himself too seriously and seems to get annoyed with his rabid fans. Yeah he comes off as Narcissistic and full of himself, but the dude has issues, and that usually happens to a lot of people who get famous anyways. Most of the stuff he says / writes about is not meant to be taken seriously, but he purposefully says it all in a very serious tone.

Yea Forums shitting on Tool while praising this garbage youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E

this triggers the mew

yeah Death Grips sucks

Who /hype/ for August 30th?

Attached: BEDC25A2-1E27-47EB-B484-D421AEF4B5DB.jpg (3000x2250, 287K)

Memegrips sucking doesn't take away from Tool sucking

God I wish that was me

>Theres no song structure, just a bunch of random ideas hastily stitched together
That's completely wrong though, every song is built off a single musical idea and its variations. There is easily definable structure, with verses and choruses. You're just an earlet pleb.
You want random ideas stitched together go listen to Dream Theater or Opeth, or early Genesis and Yes.

Death Grips will always be more entertaining than Tool.

Brainlet revealed

cause they like it you fat retared

>Tool better than Yes, Genesis, Opeth, or Dream Theater
This isn't just Yea Forums facetiousness speaking, I legitimate wish that you fucking end your worthless existence

Why does Maynard triggers autists so much? I don't listen to Tool to hear this fag moaning, I'm here for the sick ass drumming and tight riffing.

Tool is pretentious and contrived. It's got that pseudo-intellectual new age psychonaut engulfing himself in lobotomizing illusions and thinking he learned something fade going on

>Tool

gottem

I never said they're better you psycho, learn to read. I'm saying Tool's songs are based on repetition and variation on a theme more than those groups who make their songs out of many unique individual ideas put together.

FUCK I THOUGHT INVINCIBLE WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTING AT FIRST BUT ITS ALL I HAVE LISTENED TO THE PAST 2 DAYS HOW DOES HE DO IT BROS

Attached: CrispDecimalCottonmouth-size_restricted.gif (480x270, 674K)

What happens August 30th!?

Album

it's the new April 1.

Metal is gay af, Tool as well

After two years of legal fights, Tool returned with Lateralus (Volcano Entertainment, 2001), which stood as both their most experimental and their most visceral album: convoluted counterpoint, ethnic nuances, gothic atmospheres, stately solos. More importantly, Tool had finally mastered the art of the lengthy suite.
Guitarist Adam Jones, vocalist Maynard James Keenan, bassist Justin Chancellor and, best of all, drummer Danny Carey, one of modern rock's true virtuosi refined the album's songs to manic levels.
Most tracks are actually multi-part suites, each movement preparing and defining the next one, in the tradition of a praxis made popular by 1970s' progressive-rock (King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator). Thus, the dimensions are monumental, epic, apocalyptic. The eight minute The Grudge (tribal beat, vocal metamorphoses, burning blues guitar), the eight-minute Ticks and Leeches (frantic neurosis, expressionist shouting, quiet strumming, stormy reprise) and the nine-minute Lateralus (martial crescendo, drums and vocals dueting alone, cathartic guitar solo, hushed meditation, raga-like sidereal guitar solo, noisy tense ending) are mini-operas that search the bottom of the soul for active volcanos of passion.
Some of these songs are Freudian sessions that elicit all possible interior demons: Parabol/ Parabola (an Indian-psychedelic lament followed by the album's most virulent riff), The Patient (that starts slow and then soars hymn-like), Schism (Middle-Eastern melody, crashing instrumental crescendos), and finally the almost sacred triptych of Disposition (a subdued meditation with tabla), Reflection (eleven minutes of Middle-Eastern and Indian dances) and Triad (a supersonic and haunting post-Hendrixian instrumental), each of the three songs digging an emotional black hole for the next one to sink into. This is an imposing, awe-inspiring achievement.

Attached: 196.jpg (700x525, 81K)

THIS

LOVE ME SOME TOOL

>100 replies in
>no soft rock drone fest

nu-Yea Forums fucking SUCKS

Attached: 1546506551304.jpg (399x384, 17K)

that was a terrible, forced meme to begin with.

its YOU who is terrible

Attached: 1498900959726.jpg (279x181, 9K)

It really is

New album bumped back to 2020.

>produced by a woman
lol no

>in which person who dislikes tool pisses on person who likes tool, accusing them of being pretentious pseuds which a verbose word salad of semi-literate undergrad buzzwords

>mess
this is entry level shit faggot learn2metal

OK, so I'm just another guy on the internet, but I've had the privilege of getting backstage on more than a few separate occasions for both Tool & APC. I am somewhat well known taper, been to 103 Tool shows, and 50+ APC shows, 20+ Pusicfer shows. I've got the passes to prove it, I was even given one of the Maynard harem passes because they were out of the standard ones. I also have had 2 female friends (age 20 & 23 at the time) pass muster and get to sleep with Maynard and have gotten all the details. One ended up being a repeat contact because she lived in LA and could participate with him there when off tour.

First off, there is and was no blonde heavy set woman who acted as his handler for this. Women do receive special passes, but they were handed out from his all male security staff.

2. The security staff checks IDs. If you are not of age, you do not get to go backstage. 17, though "legal" in some states, does not make the cut. Full stop.

3. Passes for Maynard are different than the normal backstage pass for the show. A couple examples I can think of (and one I own that I received personally when they were out of normal ones) has a [collage of women in KISS makeup sucking dick or other sexual acts.] (d9nvuahg4xykp.cloudfront.net/-7959904436364309612/4418325060181531890.jpg) An APC one had a picture of Maynard in Roman garb that said "Have you serviced your gladiator today?" or something similar. There are no illusions about what you are there for.

4. All backstage people are brought backstage to 1 or 2 rooms. Sometimes the Maynard groupies are brought to a separate room. It's never 1 woman alone. The smallest group I saw was 5 or 6 women, but could be up to 20. Maynard makes an appearance in the room, might make some chitchat, and then leaves. His security staff will then approach whichever 1 or 2 women that Maynard has selected for the night and tell them that Maynard would like them to come back to the bus or the hotel for the night.

5. Both experiences recounted to me, from two women who do not know each other, Maynard was caring, slow and gentle. There was no pressure. He is interested in anal as you would assume, but did not with the one because she never had. Again, no pressure. This act ended up happening later when she was one of his regulars in LA.

6. After the act, both women had nothing but good things to say about him and about the security staff (Making sure they were OK to leave the area and had some transportation as they left).

So you take those 2 accounts, and also what I saw happen in general with the process other times backstage, make the accusers account incredibly hard to believe. For the guy down below in the thread who's girlfriend was weirded out for not letting her BF backstage with her, I hope you understand by now that Maynard does not and will not meet normal Tool fans. Never. Has he appeared at any of the Tool clinics? No. Has he ever appeared at any of the APC VIP events? No. I only met him once backstage and he was not thrilled with my concert total. Actually told me that I shouldn't see them that many times. The meeting only happened because I was in with a group of family for another person on the crew. I haven't been backstage since he's been married, so I don't know if his groupie whoring has continued. I don't think he should be demonized for this behavior. Yeah it sucks that he doesn't want to meet the casual fan to have them gush over his music, but it doesn't make me want to listen to them less.

You've just described yourself. No wonder you hate them.

Worst song on the album, and I mean that genuinely. Without a doubt the most overrated song in the world. Reflection is the best.

>if it's not like my top 40 verse-chorus-bridge songs, it has no structure

And now they are famous, rich and one of the greatest Progession rock bands of all time. Don't judge someone just because they take a different route in life

Imagine being such a low life faggot that you judge someone by their taste of music

Yeah but imagine unironically liking TOOL lmao

Yeah...

I'm just gonna go ahead and:

DRT>The Grudge>Parabol/Parabola>Schism>The Patient>Lateralus>Ticks and Leeches

Also, both Wings tracks on 10000 days are garbage.

Eulogy is Aenima's best track.

I do. Neat riffs. Awesome drummer. Great lyrics. Creative stop motion music videos. Nothing wrong with tool.

The grudge begins with that 5/8 tribal sounding part.

The vocals in that first part then introduce a second "main rhythm" for the song, the "Dun Dundun Dun Dundun Dundundun Dun Dundundun", bit,

with these lyrics:

"Wear, the grudge, like, a crown, - , of ne-ga, ti-vi-ty

This is essentially the chorus of the song

A breakdown then occurs, leading to the quiet bass interlude, which features second rhythm once more, played by the drums, and by the guitar.

The first verse then begins, with the vocals, drums and bass playing a new rhythm, while the guitar continues to play a stunted version of that main second rhythm still.

As the first verse comes to an end, the instruments join together suddenly to create tension, replaying that second rhythm as Maynard whines "Humbled again...". This essentially repeats over and over again with some neat variations until you get to the bridge/interlude.

The interlude begins with a bass riff behind droning guitars and drums, this bass riff is reflected in a later guitar part during the interlude, and even in maynard's vocals. That "second rhythm", fades in once again with the the drums and guitar. This then leads into a section where the bass reverts to what it was playing during the verse and the guitar plays an almost droning solo of the root notes of the verses power chords while the drums thunder behind.

Then, during the part where the interludes vocals come, echoing the first part of the bass in the bridge, (give away the stone), the bass and drums once again revert to the "second rhythm", leading to an eventual release in the form of the breakdown after the intro repeated.

The final act of the song begins with a quiet return to the very tribal 5/8 intro, before breaking out into a screaming section that is very similar, but has a slight time signature change at the end of every fourth bar. The crescendo to the songs finale then begins.

It is absolutely a very meticulous and finely structured song.

why would you be a musician other than for free puss and the millions? based MJK
youtube.com/watch?v=3P7Isp_QCQ0

If you're not in your early twenties experimenting with psychedelics, there is absolutely no point in listenting to tool. If you're past the age of 24 and STILL listening to tool you're probably retarded.

kek
this is why tool are great though

Invincible > all of 10,000 Days

Attached: CUiFsMnUwAATi-R.jpg large.jpg (747x941, 139K)

>rosetta stoned

But user, I AM in my early twenties and experimenting with psychedelics!

Attached: FB_IMG_1551593637101.jpg (726x720, 26K)

Test