Why does life exist only on earth?

Why does life exist only on earth?

Attached: iss048e002082-orig.jpg (1800x1216, 625.16K)

The Ayyyys will come save us one day.

That's a big assumption, given that you nothing about anywhere else
>Bohooo, why havn't we herd from 'em
Because space is wast. Try throwing a message in a bottle into the ocean and see if you ever see any sign of life in response

Your premise is false

It is entirely possible life has existed or still exists somewhere in our own solar system.
Europa is a pretty strong contender

Plenty of bacteria are partying all through the galaxy.

Wakey wakey American Christcucks and hippies. Yes there's life everywhere. No it's not what you had in mind.

Attached: 1396526564554.jpg (640x480, 105.75K)

>When bacteria constitutes life but a fetus doesnt

Attached: 1615933754457.jpg (343x481, 38.91K)

Yeah cause people want to find the bacteria

Speed of rotation, chemical composition, and proximity to an astral heat source.

how does anyone actually believe given the vastness of the universe and how many trillions of other galaxies, let alone solar systems and planets there are that life could not exist anywhere else?

certainly there is life somewhere out there

Attached: hubble-xtreme-deep-field-galaxies-1.jpg (1408x793, 306.96K)

I was in proximity to your mom’s astral heat source last night, if you know what I mean.

No I don't care to elaborate?

I agree with the principal, but I would hardly call it certainly without some proof. What if we are the one in a hundred thousand gorillion chance for life to evolve somewhere? What if life was an absolute fluke, that even with the vastness of space we are that one bright flash against the odds? I don’t personally think so, but it’s impossible to say which possibility is more likely without more evidence - either of possible life beyond earth, or a better understanding of how it developed here.

Read up on the dark forest theory.
Dude, nature is a scary fuckin place, think of how many predators exist in different environments on earth. We provably wont be big bad wolves, but instead a nice juicy bunny wabbit. Think of how it always goes when a more advanced society meets a less advanced one on earth through history.
I love thinking about it. But if there are hyper advanced folks out there we probably arent interesting enough yet.

Probably we hav some of it here. Viruses. Bacteria. Protozoa. Alot of things can survive riding comet and or meteorite impact with the right conditions.

Life to be created by progenitors is much more likely than to emerge accidentally.
Thus they're real and here.

Attached: 278996979_505051661346014_8468703244823976619_n.jpg (320x320, 15.3K)

Lol. I like it. I like to think the fungus and bacteria of some sleazy janitor who wiped down the various stages of all the rocket boosters floating out there might well start a colony on some distant rock.

Imagine an asteroid hitting new york, sending the new jersey sperm bank out into the vastness of space, what could come of that planet?

Watch the ongoing disclosure. They're mechanical life from another dimension. We might possess some of their crafts

i do think that the probability of life is ultra rare. like a super incredibly rare thing. there's so many factors that need to line up in order for it to occur

i think though that the universe may be younger than people think and perhaps we are the first actual life to emerge

Your fallacious statement is caused by the Luddite, iron age, superstitious belief system you follow.

>877451178
All of the base amino acids have been found in asteroids. Life is everywhere in the Universe.

It does make sense that first contact would be drones and probes. Machines. Anything fleshy might not wanna take the risk of long distance long timeframe space travel. Like us.

we are the only intelligent life and its 7000 years old and created by god. praise jesus

Plus who says our chemistry is the only type that works? To make life. Could be some wierd shit out there. Different situations and environmental variables.

What if it's older and we are the survivors?

No. Life isn't rare since biogenesis happens every time everywhere. But complex life is. It has to go through many stages of survival like meteor crashes or other catastrophes. And intelligent life is even much much rarer. It has to go through all of that including a long cultural, technological, civilizational development and and and. Also keep in mind that intelligence is no necessary outcome of evolution but rather coincidence since life is not about complexity but simplicity. We might be really special.
On the other hand, once a civilization makes it, they can basically colonize the whole galaxy or universe and spawn other intelligences and even create universes. There's no upper limit.
We are about to understand many new things that are so abstract and distant to us

there is no evidence to suggest life only exists on earth

dead universe theory is a thing for reason. we're merely the only living planet out in the universe through some miracle.

I like you. We should take the role of stewardship, explorers.
God could you imagine finding primitive tribals?

so OP gets to be a faggot once more

nah its everywhere and the probability of life outthere is 100%

I do think that’s possible. I think we’re doing our best with the information we have, but I think we’re still a long way from knowing for sure. Think how much our theories have changed in the last 100 years, let alone the last 1000 years. A thousand years from now they may be teaching what we currently belief to kids in a mythology class.

I’m a Christian and a conservative, but I never believed that nonsense. Using the Bible to calculate the age of the earth is like using a book of poetry as a manual to rebuild my car’s engine.

To dump grease down the drain

Attached: C2A8FFDD-97EE-4115-87F7-C5496B98C258.jpg (768x512, 89.86K)

Panspermia. We might be just the result of a traveling seed finding the right conditions. Or we could give spread life.

if there are billions of stars and the chance of life is even just 0.0001%, then there are still a large number of places for life to exist. the problem is people don't quite grasp the nature of just how fucking big everything out there is. our brains are too retarded to comprehend it, that's why astronomers often use comparisons.

and to throw car batteries into the ocean

>biogenesis happens every time everywhere
It hasn’t happened anywhere else in the solar system that we’ve seen yet, certainly not “everywhere” on the moon or mars.

It might break our brains to actually comprehend the size. Maybe one day.

There's a not insignificant probability life exists elsewhere in the solar system...
I'll bet my right testicle if there is liquid water under the ice of europa there is life.

there's too many out there. We should let von Neumann crafts do it for us. Create an encyclopedia universalis with lots of pictures. I'd be again the curious 7yo boy

im retarded please explain space to me. how do you know how many stars are in the universe? when i look up at night i could see a couple of hundreds maybe? dont know where this fits into context why astronomers use comparisons instead of condoms. from tv i know they try to show off their work as spectacular and interesting and cool but for me its the opposite.

That may be true, but where are you getting 0.0001% from? How do we even know? What if it’s more like 0.0000000000000000000000000000001%? What if that “one in a million” chance is us, and only us?

I don’t entirely disagree with you, I think you’re probably right … but right now I don’t think there’s any way of really knowing. Barring better data, I think the odds of the universe being full of life or being utterly void of it - except for us - are more or less equal.

We don't know if life exists only on Earth, we just haven't found it yet, but we're very young compared to the rest of the universe. Life could have started about 65 million years after the big bang (around 13.8 billion years ago) and Earth has only been around for about 4.5 billion years, so the universe could be teaming with life.

The closest planet with conditions favorable to life is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years (about 24.6 trillion miles) from Earth, and farthest a voyager 1 (our farthest probe) has reached is about 14.5 billion miles.

School is gonna be fuckin hectic in the far future.
God, imagine the super predators, evolution does wierd things at times. Our concept of life too is limited by what we have seen here.
That silly alien biology show on netflix had me going ooooh and aaah.

We haven't even looked into the 70+ moons of Jupiter and Saturn. We don't know for sure if Mars has life. There's a huge indicator that there's organisms in the inside. Hell, we don't even know 98% if our own oceanic fauna. Everywhere someone spits somewhere, life germinates. It's just a matter of time finding it. I'm only talking microbes.

buddy theres a warm ocean beneath europa made of water. theres a thick atmosphere on triton and water on mars that once quenched the thirst of the martians that built the mars face as their final message, maybe a warning? thats just in our sol system buddy.

No matter how rare an even is, the sheer amount of stars makes it happen more than once.
You forget how big the uni is. There's strong suggestions that it's actually infinite.
But we might never get to most of it since it's expanding faster than light, exponentially

According to our current and forseeable technology our own galaxy may just as well be infinite to us. The scale we can see is fucking bonkers. The numbers back up anything. If it can happen it probably will, is happening, or has happened.

Stop reading the fucking bible, you idiot.

It amazes me how we are still alone within that amount of stars. But I'm betting my left testicle that our progenitors have created a protected zoo with us in it for whatever reason.

Show me the life, then I’ll believe it. Until then it might as well be fairy unicorns circling Uranus.

but the bible sounds more plausible than that nonsense you are spewing of infinite galaxies and weird microbes in space carried by asteroids. never said the bible that theres life on other stars. aslong you dont debunk the bible i will firmly believe in the book. you the guy calling me nuts? fine show simply evidence of your ridiculous claims about life. who is the nutcase here huh

Wait until late 30s. They'll drill through the mile thick ice of Europa with a nuclear probe.
Next month we get the first images from James Webb telescope that will search for bio- and tech signatures on exoplanets. One of its missions is to find life

Because the earth is flat and space, as you know it, is not real.
Prove me wrong without your faith in what some book tells you.
Protip: you can't

Given the sheer distances, and the sheer amount of possibilities there may be, definitely is something or someone out there somewhere, at different stages of development. With what we know right now it is a definite fact there is life out there. We just need to find each other. There might be thousands.
I like the dark forest analogy.
Might be using different technologies we cant detect (not radio). Or everybody who knows tries to hide from the known or unknown?

I hope you’re right, but it sounds too much like a bad Netflix movie.

There is other life in the universe, but because of the vast distances, we are alone. And so are they.

Attached: We are alone.jpg (1000x1273, 89.94K)

God did it

Maybe life exists on other planets, but Earth creatures and technology lack the ability to perceive them

This is actually the most compelling argument I think we have for life existing elsewhere in the universe. No matter how infinitesimally small the odds are of life appearing, the fact that it DID happen at least once means it could happen again.

2027 Europa clipper will scan its surface for a landing site that is not 100 miles packed ice for a future drill mission. It's part of their official agenda. You can look it up.

This. People think of aliens beings like us, when there's crazy environments out there. Probably lifeforms out there somewhere we couldn't even begin to understand

well its up to god and his intentions if he wants us to believe in life outside of our planet. i wouldnt be surprised that god will plant life there just to make you scientists and atheists shut up. also why dont you focus on life on earth?

oh please. too much star wars watched? i recommend you to read the new testament to put earthly things into perspective. i mean you grew up with humans on different planets and the empire and monsters inside a trash compactor. come on thats still science fiction

Weve got animals here who make their own light, live in complete darkness with transparent everything, no pigmentation and who die without miles of ocean pressure on them.