What happened to american conservatism?

what happened to american conservatism?

Attached: 9781138679337.jpg (180x270, 25.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Found this just today, it details how bad the Republican party has become
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/05/social-media-democracy-trust-babel/629369/

They don't actually know what they want anymore. They're too miseducated to understand the neoliberal (yes, look it up) roots of their own party, and as a result have no political identy outside of culture war reactionary bullshit. If they don't have an axe to grind with the rest of us they have nothing.

It's an ideology that panders exclusively to brainlets and the brainlets eventually took over. It's not rocket science.

This. It is the party of furious uneducated white trash now.

Attached: 1641597887609m.jpg (657x1024, 240.54K)

Every time a repub gets into office, some dem REEEEer orders a plane into a tower, or the release of some virus.

We're playing for keeps now bitches.

Attached: FemUy.png (640x772, 467.18K)

Great article. The Atlantic is really good.

Attached: 360_F_349663494_E7AtVWVNqXpo7X9tPHmPdnSRgQwJPAYU.jpg (530x360, 31.79K)

Don't be mean to Republicans. It is not their fault they are like that. Many of them come from abused backgrounds. If you had the same sort of background, you would also have problems.

Got Jewed

>ARMX2

The Tea Party happened. They got traction by appealing to the dumbest by simply psychology, eventually they came out with 'alternative facts' where the truth doesn't fit their narrative and then Trump revealed that they had zero concern for integrity.

My family was 100% republican catholics until the video of "Grab her by the pussy" came out. It still astounds me how other republicans let him get a pass. Now they can get charged or being kiddy diddlers and they just don't care

Thankfully my family didn't drink the kool aid

Leftism cannot flourish without censorship of opponents

Real American Conservatism finally died in late 2015, why?

Still not as bad as the Democrat party has become.
but both parties aren't fit for purpose

>The Tea Party happened.
This.

>reeee everything bad in the world is because of "leftism" eeeeeeeeee

But why are the dem controlled cities the shitholes?

This is your fantasy. There are plenty of crappy redneck hellholes that are Republican-majority. Neither party has a monopoly on unattractive communities.

itt overweight midwits who think a beard is a suitable substitute for a jawline

They made a suicide pact with the evangelicals in the 70s/80s/90s in order to stay in power and to keep from having to splinter/adapt to a changing landscape.

>The Republican Party is a personality cult that tried and failed to overthrow the government? Well, uh... you're fat! And you have a beard too! That'll show 'em...

Tell me you’ve never been invited to a barbecue without telling me you’ve never been invited to a barbecue

Seethe fatty

Attached: 1651166075244.png (1329x672, 553.85K)

No your the one thats fat and have a beard ha ha I win

>Draft dodgers
They literally did nothing wrong. It is your civil obligation to fight conscription.

For claiming to be the party of grassroots “for the people”, left partisans sure do love mega corporations and huge government

I think it's just a reference to conservative draft dodgers like trump or Ted Nugent. They both popular figures among conservatives, who claim to dislike draft dodgers.

it's the other way around: mega corporations love us

Yes, the other side sure is bad and your side sure is good. Great analysis

Cope

Cope for what? It's depressing to see people get into this retarded tribalist mindset. If you see the world as a big battle between the Bad Side and the Good Side (which you happen to be a member of) you're deluding yourself.

My favorite thing about the democrat party right now is how they’re all absolutely seething about being tricked into voting for a doddering old fool because he falsely bribed them with student loans.

Even better than that, the source of their seethe is two fold: idiots couldn’t pull scholarships (let alone stipends) nor did they leverage their useless degree(s) into a career that can sustain their liabilities.

Kek, losers. Should’ve studied harder and chosen better departments

k
don’t forget to dilate

Attached: BCC6BFBD-E6E6-46C8-96F9-7F5165A9A902.gif (400x400, 1.67M)

Are you kidding? Biden is mediocre, but everyone who isn't a GOP NPC is still thankful Trump lost. Most of us voted for Biden just to get Trump out of office, which he succeeded at.

>Kek, losers. Should’ve studied harder and chosen better departments
Wow, you sure are defeating all those imaginary people you're arguing with. Great job!

Ragepiggy suweeeeeeeeee

I’ll have a medium fry with that, no salt please. My serum sodium is through the roof listening to you babies cry in here

Anyone looking for an actual understanding of what's going on here can look to Matthew Contineti's boom The Right, or find some excerpts online. The short of it is that the debates of the last 6 years have been a part of the debate internal to conservatism for decades.

Attached: 1651094237509.jpg (480x417, 31.43K)

Meds

Attached: AF7B1E22-A79F-4C3B-8549-B944BE9D0B78.jpg (1600x900, 281.44K)

>what happened to american conservatism?
It was consumed by conspiracy theory, blind nationalism, and the inevitable encroachment of white supremacy.

(Don't bother rage responding, /pol/tards. I'm not watching this thread.)

Most republitards I know vote on the stupidest issues, things like taxation, gas prices, the economy in general. Fucking smoothbrains

Attached: 294006F2-E14E-46D1-B822-F97565330194.jpg (640x480, 81.15K)

>Trump lost? Uh... Ha ha, you sure are angry! It's so hilarious how angry you are! lol! Okay, I'll show myself out.

I still miss Boxxy

Expanding a bit more:
See how Nixon tried to appeal in particular to Wallace supporters (look at Spiro Agnew, his VP, and his policies and outreach)
Look at Pat Buchanan in 1992 at the RNC
Look at Santorum in 2008 and 2012

Just some starting points for those of genuine curiosity.

>tds
yikes

Attached: C887C908-9ECB-4FDE-B9AE-7C960290D6D9.jpg (522x702, 73.29K)

Yep, you caught me. Fat AND a beard...oh wait.

Why are you so angry about Trump? He was elected fairly, get over it

Oh wait, whats this?

Attached: 20220503_093406.jpg (1980x2640, 1.34M)

Theyre so shitty that they are the most desirable places in the world to live and have property values to match.
Moron.

it's been aggressively censored and the goofy ones get the big tech. MSM spotlight actively amplifying the worst representatives spreading their worst ideas. MSM also straight up lies.

"Don't say gay" doesn't stop you from getting those books and teaching your kids your values on your own time, but libs present it as a hateful, homophobic, violent attack on trans rights... even though "not talking to 7 year olds about sex" wasn't considered a controversial stance even 10 years ago.

The average liberal, who is profoundly smug, emboldened by their echo chambers. and violently critical of conservatives, doesn't understand conservative positions. They have been riled up by propaganda and hate the caricature they've been shown.

The whole "kids shouldn't know about sex" is a throwback to the puritan immigrants that founded america.

Farm kids have been watching animals fuck since the dawn of time. Not talking to kids about sex is just idiotic. It wouldn't be in the classroom at all if parents could actually be trusted to talk to their kids about it, but instead you've got the whole "don't talk about it; only preach abstinence" thing that is proven to fail.

Demoncrats are so corrupt and bad! They have no morals and are incompetent. Unlike Donald Trump, who is a paragon of integrity and success.

>The average liberal, who is profoundly smug, emboldened by their echo chambers. and violently critical of conservatives, doesn't understand conservative positions. They have been riled up by propaganda and hate the caricature they've been shown.
Please tell me you realize this is true of conservatives. We had a frothing mob of conservative retards trying to murder people in the Capitol just over a year ago.

nerfed by AIPAC.

I'm no longer conservative. I'm a Reactionary Christian Zealot.

Attached: 50s-family-getty-img.jpg (1440x907, 147.68K)

kek imagine bragging about this physique. KYS.

Jesus freaks, conspiracy theorists, the mentally ill and extremely out of touch boomers

>the mentally ill and extremely out of touch boomers

Did they/them wear their mask and get their seventh booster today?

>come to Yea Forums
>open political thread
>expect to get angry at absurdist idiocy
>expect to close Yea Forums again for a few hours before repeating
>pleasantly surprised that some people here are actually sane and not psychotic larpers
>somewhat disappointed anyway

>some people here are actually sane and not psychotic larpers
Some of those sane posters could be psychos larping as being normal in order to practice so that they aren't ostracized in the real world..

While I can read the sarcasm there it's a sad state of the world where so many people cannot.

Wedge issues for votes. Apealling to religion and racism. Corporate influence through unlimited campaign financing.