Nostalgia thread. Zoomers and Millennials can fuck off. If you can't order a drink without being carded...

Nostalgia thread. Zoomers and Millennials can fuck off. If you can't order a drink without being carded, stay the fuck out.

I'll start:

- Going to the store to buy smokes for your mom and dad.

- The corner store keeping a notepad where they kept track of everyone's tab, and you'd settle up when you got paid.

- Lining up your quarters on the arcade cabinet to claim your turn in line.

- The great debate: Meccano vs Lego

- Getting an ashtray at your table after meals for everyone to light up.

- Getting up at 6am on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons until noon.

- Adidas bags.

- Cugle.

- Pic related: My first console.

Attached: telstar-pong-1.jpg (383x335, 21.23K)

>be me
>be born in 1985
>be technically a millennial
>be told by online faggot nostalgia treads aren't for me
>mfw no face

Getting all weepy about last week is annoying. You aren't old enough to have real nostalgia.

Taking vacuum tubes from the television down to the Thrifty drug store and using their tube testing machine. And getting an ice cream cone after.

Yes! Or going down to the drug store to use the reverse directory, chained to a big table.

>sending your dumbass kids to get smokes for you
>keeping track of everyone's tab on a notepad
Gas station wagie here, why do so many of you retards still think you can do this shit and throw temper tantrums when I tell you to kiss my ass?

Because we lived in a more civilized age where people were treated like grownups, you knew the people who ran the local businesses and they trusted you because they knew you too, and we're pissed off you kids have turned the planet into the corporate fucking wasteland the cyberpunk authors warned us about in the 70s and 80s.

Based OP. OP is a Boomer, like me.

You're the faggots who sold all of our factories to the chinks, opened the borders to spics and niggers, and contaminated everything with microplastics and now you're wondering why we live in a low-trust society where everyone wants to cut their dick off? Eat shit boomer faggot.

Oh yes. Rotary payphones that costed a dime to make a call. I remember 1970 well.

We're the ones who fought pitched battles in the street against riot cops to try to stop globalization, while you kids spend your allowance money on a new iPhone every week so you can send each other TikToks of you flossing or whatever the fuck fad of the week you're on about.

Oh yes. "We" did ALL of that "bad stuff", you fucking brain-dead sheep.

I was a phreak. I took part in the big Mattel hack where we hijacked their WATS lines and gave each other voicemail. I have fond memories of blasting an operator off her trunk like with a blue box so I could make free long distance calls.

You fought with cops to give money to niggers and then ran away to Canada when you where drafted to kill communists. You are the living embodiment of globalism. Maybe if you taught your kids to read instead of parking them infront of the taldmudvision things might have been slightly less shit.

1969 Phone Phreaking: Cap'n Crunch Whistle - 2600 Hz!

Oh, we used to know how to deal with your kind too. I was crust in the 80s and ran with ARA. I used to give pricks like you a steeltoe boot massage, back when you used to conveniently identify yourself with a bonehead and braces.

We had one of those growing up, my dad got it as a teenager in the 70's. And before he got married, he bought an Intellivison.

Yeah I'm sure you "used to be" a real tough guy all right.

I had the radio shack pong. xmas 1979 I believe. Got the atari 2600 xmas 1980. I never was an early riser... I'd be up around 9 or 10 on saturday, looney toons came on first then superfriends.... sundays was hanna barbara then fat albert and when soul train came on you went outside to play lol. when I was really little my parents still had the big ashtrays on the stands that were like like pieces of furniture. another thought: when I was 12 my dad taught me to drive on a dirt road in my grandpa's 48 chevy pickup. three on the tree. he said 12 was the age he learned to drive although he got a job at that age, driving the ice truck. because he wasn;t big enough to toss the blocks of ice yet they had him drive. different era from when I grew up and my era so different from this fucked up timeline

We had an Intellivision. And my first computer was a Coleco Adam, a very weird machine. It had a random access tape drive, and the power supply was built into the printer.

You Zoomer kids have no conception of what it was like to grow up in the 70s, when it was expected that you'd know how to fight. There was rarely a time I didn't have a fat lip or a black eye or a broken nose all through my childhood and teens. Have you ever been in a fucking fistfight? Even a single one? I sincerely doubt it.

We'd get thrown out of the house at noon and told not to come back before sundown. We'd make rafts out of rotten lumber and baling wire and pole out into toxic tailing ponds, climb trees and break various assorted bones, and make homemade cart racers out of shopping cart wheels and banana crates which were held together with duct tape and rusty nails.

You kids are fucking creampuffs who can't even imagine knowing how to throw a punch.

Grumpy old grey haired cunts, go play ur pong and keel over already.

Also check out this old beer I found

Attached: IMG_20220430_163112810_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 1.13M)

its almost like someone turned around and made doing anything fun illegal and is now wondering why kids are all nigger worshipping faggots and trannies

I remember steel cans, when crushing one on your forehead was something impressive, and could easily result in a concussion.

>go play ur pong and keel over already.
Naw, as someone pointed out in a video... we're gen x... we don't do old age like our grandparents... we're going to be partying and having a great time and live a long, healthy life. Now go clean your room junior!

>this.

Oh look, Zoomers incapable of taking responsibility for anything. What a shock. We MADE you eat Tide pods!

>in b4 OK BOOMER

Attached: OKZoomer.png (1177x662, 44.34K)

I'm 41 I still get carded.

>twink
Show pretty asshole.

Since you outsourced all the jobs, maybe we'll outsource your retirement

I would say almost 40 years is more than enough to get nostalgic

This current trend of "Boomer blaming" for the current state of affairs in this world is going to turn around and bite these dumb, young morons in the ass one day. Fuck'em. Let it.

Collecting coke bottles from the side of the road on your way to the drug store so you can trade them in for enough money to buy a bag of horehounds.

We bought cigarettes from the cigarette machine with the returned soda bottles. lol

>you kids are creampuffs

I think you mean creampies...

God, I remember the glory of being able to smoke wherever I liked: in the supermarket, in the cinema, in restaurants, in hospitals, on airplanes, on the bus, everywhere. After the end of every meal, everyone would haul out their smokes and light one up. And no one cared that we smelled like burning tires because EVERYONE smelled like burning tires.

Can you member ring pulls that you had to pull completely off?

Amen, Yea Forumsrother.

Fuck off kid. If you don't remember niggers in chains you're too young to browse my board.

Yes, and the improvement when they switched to those little circles you pushed in, a big one at the bottom and a smaller airhole on top.

>niggers in chains
Night time zoom zoom, if you weren't there when Gilgamesh wrestled Enkidu you don't belong in this thread

Hell yes another old fuck who still remembers having to deal with tv tubes. Here's a pointless factoid for you. There was actually a subspecies of cockroach that evolved the ability to distinguish between the tv test tubes that got hot enough to fry them vs those that just got hot enough to warm them. .

Model Rockets. Those led wands that you could program messages into when you waved them back and forth. Pogo sticks. pogo ball. Real chemistry sets. Real otc medication. Real pure drugs on the street. FedCo. SavOn, Lawn Darts. Go Karts, Minibikes.

I love pulp, especially stuff like radiopunk. Nothing makes me happier than reading stories about the far future where computers weigh only a few hundred pounds and use super-tiny vacuum tubes in the electro-typewriters used to communicate between the steamy jungles of Venus and the ancient canals of Mars.

Lots be honest it was the time before liberal induced niggers. Even black communities had black owned stores in their neighborhoods that did the "honor system" tabs

I remember when you could get "trucker pills" at any gas station, and doctors would prescribe meth when you wanted to lose weight.

You know, you remind me of one thing I *don't* miss about the 70s: casual racism. Idiot bigots like you have always been around, but there was a time when your kind were only slightly annoying instead of social pariahs.

Eat shit, Cletus.

Attached: gaynazi.jpg (600x450, 68.67K)

No we fought against this because it meant massive job loss. You know all those blue collar boomers you constantly look down your nose at for being conservative. It was the rich liberal hippies singing "we are the world" that fucked things. And you fags keep playing right along. "Oh Oh the bad orange man wants to stop immigration"

Bitter old people is the cancer that is killing Yea Forums. This site needs a max age as well as a minimum. Back in the day everyone here was like "18"-34 but I swear the average age is like 52

Casual racism is offensive to me, too. I like hardcore, full lifestyle, all day every day nigger hatin', with klan cookouts every sunday. fuck off liberal zoomer.

I was crust in the 80s, and I ran with ARA. That means I was antifa before the modern antifa movement existed. There's nothing "liberal" about me, friendo.

Attached: No_War_But_the_Class_War.png (680x680, 202.85K)

Dad had a toll booth change holder in the armrest. I had the need to smoke at 14. So, 4 quarters, pack of Mustang, yo. Dad didn't catch on because he had to take a toll bridge to NYC.

BBS's ruled the day, and holy shit you guys think you're bad asses now? Although, I doubt I would have caught a 20 year case as a minor.

Eat a Tide pod, Sunny Jim.

Attached: 1NXnG1.jpg (638x960, 94.34K)

liberal, commie, it's all the same these days. I used to buy into that "we're all these same racism is bad" bullshit and I voted for clinton. hell I even voted for obama the first time. but now, fuck it, white lands for white people, and that includes the ones we took by conquest. we're more fit to rule and commies like you are just our mentally ill.

Fuck I don't know what happened. At the start I was leading the curve when it came to computers. First pong game in the neighborhood. Can't piss on the kids too hard about wasting time with videogames. Can't say how many hours I wasted paddling a dot back and forth on a screen
Dang my Mom bought one for her accounting work. Was next to worthless for that but it had the Buck Rogers game on it which was a POV spaceship shooter. Got so I could get so many bonus ships I could leave it running, go eat super, and still be "playing" when I got back

It makes me sad knowing I'll never see those things again.

It’s almost as if the same people got older

Move to North Korea. Meth is not only freely available at any store, it's subsidized by the government to make sure everyone can afford it.

Hahhahahahha you outted yourself you boomer fucking reject, casual racism is the norm now. No one is actually racist anymore we just give each other shit thanks to you fucking retards.

Hell just the existence of soda bottles as being the norm. Now its only overpriced hipster micro companies and overpriced questionable Mexican soda in the little bottles Yet the coke adds still have them swilling down full sized bottles. Miss real coke in the full bottle. They scammed everyone with the switch when they returned to "original" after new coke. On the topic of soda I also miss when A&W actually made root beer at the restaurant and didn't just add water to syrup like everyone else does now. Getting the gallon jug of root beer was always a treat in summer

Kill yourself

I miss having girls on roller skates hanging my A&W order on my window.