I cant listen to aphex twin anymore

I cant listen to aphex twin anymore

Attached: 5CE71DC5-4DFA-4E3D-93B8-DD8AEFADDDEA.jpg (750x716, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/96PfTcGHZ4Q?t=94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Half-Life soundtrack >>> aphex twink

Hand, face, and neck tattoos should be fucking banned. That shit is unappealing to look at. Then again, the type of person who would actually go for one of those is rather unappealing to begin with, so the tattoo might be a good branding mark to separate the human from the subhuman.

this

>letting reddit dictate what your allowed to listen to

Attached: 5DED4B93-97B4-4DBF-8FB3-6C44400F69BE.png (952x936, 547K)

>reeeeeeeeeeee
what do you meant by this

Aphex Twin is the single most overrated electronic musician of the 21st century.
Once described as "the most inventive and influential figure in contemporary electronic music", Richard David James, more commonly known by the name Aphex Twin, is nothing more than an irritating, lying ginger kid from Cornwall (his words, not mine) who has someone managed to achieve near unanimous praise from critics and fans alike for blatantly ripping off other people's styles (Biosphere, Brian Eno and Squarepusher just to name a few) and convincing us this is some totally ground-breaking material we've never heard before, and most people are stupid enough to believe it.

if that's enough to turn you off his music, then fuck right off and don't look back.

This.

Seriously each album following the Aphex wizard and his pals from Rephlex Academy as they digitally compile assorted sounds has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the Technotric imagery, the music's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of computer programs, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when James vetoed the idea of using real instruments; he made sure the albums would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his live gigs. The Aphex Twin might be anti-analog (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Daft Punk in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

Looks like an aneros. This guy's just walking around with a buttplug tattooed on his hand for everyone to see

The Analord series was made entirely on analog machines you dumbfuck.

fucking based. i used to listen to that opening train ride track every day

Objectively wrong, you fucking contrarian.

based and redpilled

>blatantly ripping off other people's styles (Biosphere, Brian Eno and Squarepusher just to name a few)
>thinks any ambient music is just a blatant rip off of other ambient music
>thinks Squarepusher isnt the fanboy
youtu.be/96PfTcGHZ4Q?t=94

this

Nice

i don't know how tattoo artists sleep at night.

There's a real case to be made that Squarepusher was doing that style of drill first. The one accurate part of that post other than the general sentiment that Rephlex pretends they invented acid house or something.

What is with aphex and death grips fans

Attached: E5D2CBEC-0E7D-4BB5-93C6-105008E48FE3.jpg (2448x3264, 672K)

>There's a real case to be made that Squarepusher was doing that style of drill first.
well im waiting

Stop enjoying things: the thread

Attached: IMG_1100.png (817x656, 127K)

Ok: chronologically, sp was doing it first.

squarepusher influenced him but none of the tracks he made sound even remotely like "blatant rip offs", if you'd like to post an example of this go right ahead