What does Yea Forums think of Neil Young? What’s your favorite album?

What does Yea Forums think of Neil Young? What’s your favorite album?

Attached: 97C8ACDB-67ED-443B-8FB8-47B35752BD48.jpg (220x220, 14K)

He's my fav artist. Picking a fav album is nearly impossible but it's probably On the Beach, After the GOld Rush, Zuma, or the one you posted OP. Fuck, I guess that really doesn't narrow it down does it kek

I love you, user.

Attached: 4C4FB287-401F-4C2E-937D-E2D1CDE57F8A.png (240x304, 15K)

Really good. For me up there with the greats in more roots/folk/country-oriented rock who could really do great live performances (see also: Dylan, Petty, Springsteen, Waits, The Allmans, The Dead, CCR, The Band)

Favorite album is hard but really anything with Crazy Horse backing him up, live or studio. Zuma or on the Beach if I had to pick. But Harvest and Gold Rush are bonafide classics of just music in general that will live on forever.

A Southern man don't need him around, desu.

Excellent, seeing him soon. Looking forward to it very much. Rust Never Sleeps is incredible

>On the Beach, After the Gold Rush
It's one of these for me

1) Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
2) After the Gold Rush
3) Harvest
4) On the Beach
5) Neil Young (1969 self-titled)
6) Sleeps With Angels

Its difficult for me to put into words how much his music means to me. He's my favorite or second favorite artist ever, his guitar playing and songwriting are on a whole different level. He's also had a profound influence on rock music since the 70s that can't really be overstated. My favorite changes pretty much every time I listen to a different album of his. If I had to pick either Tonights the Night or On the Beach.

neil young is the true god of rock music. sometimes i wonder how one man can rock so hard crazy horse are the magic spark that every band wishes they had. rust never sleeps, live rust, or psychedelic pill are probably his best for me but tonights the night, harvest, on the beach are undeniable classics

I love Neil Young so much. I can't choose one albums, he has so many good records !
And he is still awesome in live, same voice and all.

On the Beach and Rust Never Sleeps are probably my favorites. Sleeps With Angels is a great later album though, definitely worth checking out. Pretty much anything he put out in the 60s, 70s and 90s is gold. 80s is hit or miss but there's some quality stuff there as well.

Either Everybody Knows... or Rust Never Sleeps. One of my absolute favorites
I feel like you and I would get along well

Psychedelic Pill is underrated. I saw him in 2012 when that had just come out so he played a lot from it. One of the best shows I’ve seen, he did extended noise/drone passages between a lot of songs.

I think he has great taste about music.

Attached: PONO.jpg (580x387, 32K)

After the Goldrush is one of my favorite albums.

Attached: 1556985491237.jpg (700x700, 99K)

Check out Roxy Live release from last year. Better than studio desu—and it’s his best album.

Attached: 9DC35684-5C37-4B38-982B-25916D063F07.jpg (1600x1067, 376K)

does anyone here use pono?

His 21st century output is a waste of time. Mostly just some grumpy old man ranting about stuff he saw on the evening news over the same two chords.

After the Gold Rush. Some of his best songs were definitely with Buffalo Springfield though.

Didn't get into him before I was 26, though I'd liked the song This Note's for You and the video for American Dream when I was young. Got heavily into him after that and like all his albums, with a soft spot for the eccentric 80s stuff most people hate.

Everybody's Rockin' [Geffen, 1983]
If Ronnie and Nancy are the only ones rocking on the less-than-rousing title finale, then maybe what Neil really means to say is that basic rockabilly isn't worth all that much by its lonesome. I agree, but would find the argument more convincing if Neil plus Ben Keith could match Brian Setzer chop for chop. And I hope Neil realizes that for all the horrible truth of "Payola Blues", nobody's three's thou is gonna get this one on top 40. Running time: 24:55. List price: $8.95. C

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Yea Forums in general isn't that big on folk/Americana/roots rock.

I've not heard this. I'm going to get it now just to hear wtf David Geffen Rap is.

Rap as in speech. Just him talking in between/before songs.

Sure. I still need to hear that.

Reactor [Reprise, 1981]
Got lots of feedback. Ain't got no takeoff. B+

I feel the exact same way

Best concert film, as far as I'm concerned.

Attached: 1552640770556.jpg (500x740, 126K)

its a nice live album but its no tonights the night. i was pretty disappointed they omitted look out joe which in my eyes is neil young slam dunking on everyone with another rock classic. its cool they included a live version of walk on tho

Psychedelic Pill is phenomenal

I've been slowly working trough his catalog and although I haven't listened to any of his newer stuff or any live albums I've been enjoying them all. Tonight's The Night is my favourite so far.

I think he's good, not my favorite singer-songwriter by any means. The cover for Tonight's The Night is one of the best ever though.

I love the fact that he's basically tied with Dylan and the Grateful Dead for number of archival releases. It's really fun to go in and explore all the different versions/variations of songs that he did live.