Boomer critics just lied to me. it is just mediocre meme blues (except for Like a Rolling Stone, which is truly epic...

boomer critics just lied to me. it is just mediocre meme blues (except for Like a Rolling Stone, which is truly epic, shit vocals tho)
>the 60s started right here
my balls, 60s started with Rubber Soul

Attached: highway 61.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>shitty vocals
>likes rubber soul
i'm not a boomer who thinks Bob Dylan was the most important artist ever, but OP is cringe and bluepilled

Desolation Row isn't blues you nerf herder.

Also Highway 61 Revisited came out a full four months before Rubber Soul

>nerf herder
reddit really is in full force tonight. don't you have a game of thrones episode to onions face about? get the fuck out of here

Nice rebuttal to an actual point OP.

blonde on blonde is better

who does not like Rubber Soul you dummy?
boring af
>b- b- but... lyrics
fuck off
so, it is not a matter of who came first. we´re talking about quality, and this album doesn´t have it

faggot

lol that´s not me bitch. me this

i'm not op. op is a massive faggot, but saying nerf herder immediately makes you worse

>uses af unironically
have sex

>boring af
Not the point being addressed.
>so, it is not a matter of who came first.
Actually it is in this specific case seeing as how you're talking about the start of the counter culture of the 60s. Lennon and McCartney openly admitted that Rubber Soul was influenced by Dylan. If you only brought up quality I'd disagree but not enough to make a comment.

excuse me lil bitch

You’re supposed to listen to Bob Dylan’s discography in order (you can skip his first album if you want) and you’re supposed to listen to each album several times before moving on to the next album (again, that doesn’t apply to his first album if you choose to listen to it). You should also make sure to read up on the context of each album before/during your first listen. I highly doubt you did any of that. Of course if you jump to Highway 61 Revisited and listen to it once with no context you’re not gonna enjoy it. I coulda fuckin’ told you that. Either you quit being a dumbass, get your act together, and try again (properly this time); or you admit Bob Dylan is too much for your pleb mind and quit. Either way, don’t make crybaby posts like this about how you’re too fucking stupid to listen to Bob Dylan properly

Rubber Soul sounds more like an attempt to make a Byrds album, but who cares.
>how you're talking about the start of the counter culture of the 60s
not the countercoulture but the actual era when music and albums took more importance
> If you only brought up quality I'd disagree
it´s an album bloated with BORING and generic blues stuff, it´s shit

Wut dis niggah, said.

>not the countercoulture but the actual era when music and albums took more importance
That'd been happening since Dylan was a folkie. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan reached number 2 on the British charts.

>skip his first album
ISHYGDDT but yeah otherwise based and redpilled

>Rubber Soul sounds more like an attempt to make a Byrds album
The Byrds were influenced by both the Beatles and Dylan you brainlet, they melded their disparate styles together. Rubber Soul is an attempt by the Beatles themselves to sound like Bob Dylan, so of fucking course it sorta sounds like the Byrds. That doesn’t mean they were trying to capture the Byrds sound. Holy shit this is why you should listen to the Beatles and Dylan in context instead of jumping in at random

>b- b- but... lyrics
Then you're the one whose critique is meaningless.

>You’re supposed to listen to Bob Dylan’s discography in order
i did
>you’re supposed to listen to each album several times before moving on to the next album
so you think that i have all the free time jerking off that you have?
>You should also make sure to read up on the context of each album before/during your first listen
well, i listened to it with my mind focusing in a time where Rubber Soul and Pet Sounds does not exist. i was expecting an impressive ahead of it´s time album. and no, just the first track is the only hot take

>well, i listened to it with my mind focusing in a time where Rubber Soul and Pet Sounds does not exist.
So...Highway 61 Revisited then? Both albums were released after it and Pet Sounds in particular started being recorded after Highway 61's sessions had already ended.

look, OP is a fucking retard and i appreciate you trying to argue with a retard 'cause i don't have the patience for it but you're literally just restating what he did. he's saying he wanted to pretend those albums didn't exist so he would be effectively listening to the album in context

eehh, yeah, Freeweelin is a pretty solid album. but there were more albums just as good and commercially succesful.
>Rubber Soul is an attempt by the Beatles themselves to sound like Bob Dylan, so of fucking course it sorta sounds like the Byrds
i don´t get it. i mean, i know the Byrds were Dylan fans but, i mean their sound, the jangly guitars and almost psychodelic armonies
fuck off lyricsfag

>it's another redditor works through the Yea Forums essentials chart thread

OP, do yourself and all of us a favor and just finish your baseline fucking musical education, lurk for two fucking seconds, and stop posting here

Blood on the tracks is a good album. Bob Dylan is a good album (I particularly enjoyed the simple revision to House of the Rising Sun which shifted the song from the perspective of the male "John" seen in most renditions to the plight of the women who work there)

Boomers are typically fiercely divided over Dylan and its love or hate and no in between.
I really like Bob Dylan and I disagree with this entire post. I don't think any of that is necessary to enjoy a Dylan album. Hell most of Self Portrait is spare parts from other albums (I think its a great album btw probably his most underappreciated)

so many Dylanfags. god, they can´t accept that their heroe is fucking overrated.
but well. i´ll give Dylan another chance and listen to Blonde on Blonde. hoping it is better cause it seems to be his most posted album here

If you don't at least appreciate and understand the impact of Dylan, you don't understand rock music and should just find a different hobby.

Attached: 1487482550727.png (500x590, 19K)

kys

i truly respect Dylan, but i just can´t connect with his music

Blonde on Blonde is probably the most relatable of his electric trilogy, most of it is about relationships and unrequited love.

one day when you inevitably get into dylan you're going to remember how ridiculous you were being itt

it wouldn´t be the first time.
all of us had an artist we could´d get and then finally clicked. you´d sound more ridiculous if you don´t accept it

While Dylan's earliest achievements were basically in revolutionizing contemporary folk, single handedly transforming folk from something hippies and lowlifes listened too to something that was acceptable to play on the radio, his primary innovations were in rock music. You gotta understand that Like a Rolling Stone came out in fucking 1965. People had literally been listening to 90% doo wop and shitty early rock on the radio for a decades, with little to no musical progression. There was some interesting stuff coming from the British Invasion by that point but The Beatles hadn't even released Rubber Soul yet. The music industry was still very much run by the old guard and the standards and habits had not strayed too far from the rigid way they had been for the past several decades. Then all of a sudden you have this standoffish jew with a garbage disposal of a voice reciting pretentious beat poetry over for the time a pretty dissonant blues backing band for like 6 straight minutes and against all odds it becomes a huge hit. It completely destroyed the way people had come to understand pop music and basically singlehandedly forced it into the modern era.

EVERYONE who is considered an innovator from that era, from the Beatles to the Velvet Underground, cite Bob Dylan as a major influence. Idk how much more influential for rock music you can get

This shit is better than Rubber Soul and came out before it too. It also influenced that album stupid. Stick with 2000's music

Thought this was going to be a cringepost, but you're actually right that Dylan is one of those artists where context is key.

>muh context
No. It doesn't matter when an album was recorded. Mediocre music is mediocre music.
Bob is overrated* because he was pushed by rock journalists at the time as the "woke voice of the nation" or some bullshit. People like Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell were better than him.
*Blood on the Tracks, Hard Rain and Tempest are all great albums though.