stringtensuonpro.com/
>Music theory:
masictheory.net/lessuns
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
fradua.com/guitar_craftpeidia_en.html
youtube.com/chainel/UCXU3GYv5yEzuPePqXOiBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPagis/Luthier/Tachnique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhf!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUopViqw

Attached: matsuda.png (500x371, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Steinberg-UR12-USB-Audio-Interface/dp/B00QY4RLRQ?tag=guitarfcom-20
youtu.be/3ad4NsEy1tg
justinguitar.com
guitarnick.com/the_finest_fingerstyle_songs.html
guitarnick.com/acoustic_easy_guitar_arrangements_of_famous_songs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mISvoHKMl0U
youtube.com/watch?v=PpBZzlr01Pc
guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar.gc
youtube.com/watch?v=v5S5iEt8FMU&t=60
youtube.com/watch?v=07w8EADu5Q4
vocaroo.com/i/s16UB5fJgD3q
amazon.com/Maestro-Gibson-Electric-Starter-Sunburst/dp/B01G26SEPS
vocaroo.com/i/s1hb23DPTXRh
vocaroo.com/i/s1h3VmAtERH7
youtu.be/1gS5ibUPUvg
youtube.com/watch?v=6cszCm5FrSM
clyp.it/obf05szb
youtu.be/1JRJ5vz7paE?t=111
youtu.be/EB_gOXV3-4A
youtu.be/rHqbNUfbSZM?t=38
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kon fags get out

Is the Katana Mini the best amp I can get for bedroom headphone playing in the $150 range? Also why shouldn't I buy a Thinline Tele as my next guitar?

Attached: Katana Mini.jpg (238x212, 7K)

wow I love playing masic on my guitur

Attached: A_Special_Place_T.png (1334x1002, 493K)

thinking of buying a used guitar, what questions should i be asking and how do i tell if there is a problem when i go pick it up? I don't know shit about guitars

the best amp you can get for headphone playing is your computer with an okay (not professional recording quality) interface

any amp you want, any pedal you want, $0, and nobody would be able to tell if you released a recording and said "guess the gear". mic'd amp or amp sim? they sound so similar that getting them to sound exactly the same is a matter of fucking with the settings.

for me it's tae

you're bad

you could get better but u won't

bad!

You'll never be good enough if you don't play a Gibson™ Les Paul™

Attached: nggieMB.png (1280x720, 630K)

more like Gibson Less Money!

what interface do you recommend

Yeah but I still have to buy the interface and then fuck around with all sorts of shit I have zero experience with. I haven't even really been playing that long and don't even own an amp currently because I initially thought I'd be too loud in my shitty apartment with paper thin walls.

Any box will do and most of the okay ones cost as much as a boss katana mini

Once you figure out the software (it's not hard) you'll have a breadth of shit to fuck around with that people sometimes pay thousands for which is good for one playing scales to a metronome starts to get dull

you're a beginner, not an audiophile but you'll appreciate having more tones than teenage metalhead available. and if you kick it oldschool your future is upgrading your amp over and over again and buying pedals at ~$100 a pop just to get different tones.

amazon.com/Steinberg-UR12-USB-Audio-Interface/dp/B00QY4RLRQ?tag=guitarfcom-20

Hanazono Tae is good too but I can't resist Himari's fat bass tone

Attached: The_Splash_Trio_T_transparent.png (1024x1024, 211K)

Keions did nothing wrong.

Attached: IMG_7183.jpg (970x880, 114K)

Himari's bass tone is a perfectly healthy weight.

>playing an eletric bass in water

RIP himari

So I bought a RS620 from amazon and I'm getting fret buzz on the bass string. What should I do? Is this normal with a brand new electric guitar? Do I have to make adjustments?

Attached: fret-buzzing-rs620.jpg (1137x1462, 446K)

If you can't hear it in the clean channel and you've checked your technique it's fine

I can hear it when I play it without it being plugged in, on the open string.

it's probably fine, all guitars rattle unless you play with crazy high action.

also you're probably hitting the string too hard.

>current and only guitar
MG69 Mustang

What should I buy next?

Very likely, never played a guitar before.

what style gaylord

Things like this
youtu.be/3ad4NsEy1tg
Price can be anywhere up to $1k with a little wiggle room.

first of all based song even though its gook shit. if i were you id get a guitar with p90s so you can get the spanky single coil sound but with less feedback and the ability to push them more. my choice would be a jazzmaster since the body shape is extremely comfortable

One thing I've hated seeing in music videos are of the band playing while it's raining
Like I have no idea how music videos are filmed, but if they use real instruments for that then oof

Is electric guitar a better tool for learning guitar than acoustic and I could buy an acoustic later?

Hey anyone got tips for a beginner who isn't doing formal lessons? What did you do when you started? Any good tabs I should try that aren't too difficult or childishly easy? I'm using a fairly generic acoustic guitar.

Also if one day I want to buy an electric guitar, what are some things I should look out for in terms of quality and overall usefulness? Specially when buying second hand?

>anyone got tips for beginners
justinguitar.com

Tuned my guitar in DADGAD to play a song and too lazy to tune it back

Attached: 1535902602411.jpg (658x523, 58K)

Not lessons but when i started i played all the tabs from here:
guitarnick.com/the_finest_fingerstyle_songs.html and
guitarnick.com/acoustic_easy_guitar_arrangements_of_famous_songs.html
they're all relatively simple with easy chord shapes if they're too advanced there's also a "beginner" section on the site

It depends.
If you want to focus on electric playing, electric is best.
There is no difference in the basic techniques in playing acoustic and electric - there are some subtle differences as you tend towards intermediate level, but the two are not mutually exclusive.

if you're interested on playing fingerstyle an electric can be a little more of a pain tho

I usually just aim to play a guitar that I'm looking to buy so that I can feel whether or not it feels good. The only question I would recommend asking, whether you're at guitar center or making a craigslist purchase, would be whether or not the previous owner rubbed kaka all over the guitar. If you're not ready for kaka, the brown assy shit could really fuck with your playing. I've even heard of people who sell guitars only to, before selling, lift up the pickup covers to secret as much buttery kaka as they can underneath. Some other common places to check for kaka smears would be under the bridge, and where the guitar meets the neck. Some people, if they have pebbley kakas, will stuff tiny pebbles of their own kaka into the output jack. You can usually hear that kaka.

I want to play acoustic and fingerstyle but also a lot of the music I like to listen to which is electric, I guess I can just learn on electric now for a wider range of tones with a modelling amp?

>buy our gear, goy!
t. (((Stein)))(((berg)))

First of all don't buy guitars from amazon. You can get the same shit from Sweetwater except they setup the instrument and repackage it instead of just acting as a shipping middleman like Amazon.

You need to get a setup. Watch some videos or take it to a music shop. Learn about truss rod, intonation, bridge height, etc

Save your money and buy a used yamaha thr10 for like 200-220

Electrics generally have lower actions and weaker strings. This helps with fatigue generally. If you go the budget route just make sure you get your guitar setup before you seriously start practiving.

Get an electric, but don't forget to learn kakapicking first.

I fret point 2 either with my middle finger or my ring finger depending where I am on the fretboard. is that fine or should I be consistently using the same finger?

Attached: fretboard.png (1057x280, 123K)

I use youre mom's finger for that pattern

As a relatively new player I'd say that the most important things early in is to practice with a metronome and to always be in tune.
I learned to play by following Justin guitars course straight through, just try and find songs that you actually want to learn and YouTube how to set goals.

I keep my index and middle finger in your mom, she seems to like it.

But the epippy are of comparable quality, especially the ones with gibby pick ups

IMO Yamaha AES's and SG's are a better option than RA

Attached: yamaha-aes820-flat-blue-258086.jpg (1200x416, 40K)

LOL

Attached: 45mz36.jpg (717x536, 118K)

What's the difference between a 1 piece body and a 2 piece body? Anything drastic?

Is the course actually that good?

only in the resale value, fander does 2 pieces all the time but since they are already settled no one batted an eye.

As much as I’ve been put off a revstar as my first guitar and to buy a fender strat they do looks so fucking good. Shame really.

I have really broad hands with really short, thick stubby fingers with very broad tips. I tried guitar but I can't get past basic chords: My hands just aren't made for it. Someone recommended I tried bass and said my hand type is good for it. I'm gonna give it a go, do you guys have any information I should know before having a stab at it?

Attached: Today I will listen to some gryphon.png (664x597, 336K)

>tfw been playing bass for 10 years and got to a decent level
>discover yesterday that nearly everyone uses their little finger for things like octaves
>mfw I use my third finger for everything
I'm not sure whether to keep going or implement the little finger.

how do I get an acoustic similar sound for Vance joy songs without an acoustic or special pedal?

If you've never ran into issues with it in 10 years it's obviously not a massive problem. However you absolutely should train your little finger as it will make your movements more economical a lot of the time.

you don't

hey /gg/ wannebe frenchfag guitarist here,

it's been on my mind for a few years now, I want to learn an instrument
i'd like to play guitar specifically as i said
The problem is that i'm poor as fuck and i don't know shit about guitars
i'm pretty much forced to buy on amazon because the bigger part of the money i can afford to spend on a instrument is on an amazon gift card i got from my family

I'm not sure if i want an eletric guitar or an acoustic one but i think i'd prefer a better acoustic one to start learning than a shitty low tier electric guitar with shitty amps for the same price.

i've started to look for an acoustic guitar and the Yamaha F310 (150€) seems like a good choice for a beginner but to be fairly honest there's also the martin smith w-100 for 60€, which is really cheaper but i guess it's for a reason.

I'm also currently looking for an electric one with an amp for i'm not certain which type i'll buy

So my questions are:
should i buy an electric or an acoustique? knowing that i really like both and i'd like to learn bass in a few years if i have enough money
Which one should i buy?

In total i can spend up to 200€, i'd prefer less but i can even push up to 250€ if i sell some furnitures
i don't know if it matters since i'm not used to buy on amazon but there's almost 130€ on the gift card

thanks a lot for advices and if you need more info to help me i'll do my best to communicate

btw my english may be broken, i've never really been taught after the basis, i learnt by myself mostly by listening to music and browsing Yea Forums

Attached: 1496430943513.png (418x674, 473K)

>that headstock
it makes so much sense
why doesn't gibson do this since they refuse to sell their guitars with properly cut nuts

one piece of wood.

acoustic bodies are made from many pieces by default, it's not a big deal, and multi-piece necks are actually coveted for being maple on steroids. quality joints can exceed the stiffness off the original wood.

also with this
I love the acoustic sound so much and it’s so comforting but I fear that I will regret the lack of tones that comes with it

Nylon string strat with optical pickup

youtube.com/watch?v=mISvoHKMl0U

P90 bridge pickup with volume turned down

Hey man. Check out some used gear online or through local/national classifieds sites such as Craigslist etc and look into setting up guitars on YouTube or something. You can get a cheap enough electric and set it up with a cheap amp and it will be fine, a much better idea than an acoustic imo if you like both. I got a used squier bass 2 years ago for 100 euro and a 20W amp for another 50, set it up with some new strings and it sounds fine, it's not as if us noobies will be playing concerts anytime soon anyway. I hope you find what you're looking for and I expect to see you playing bass in no time my friend!

You should buy whatever will inspire you to play more. If you listen to mostly music that uses electric guitars, then buy an electric. If you listen to mostly music that uses acoustic guitars then buy an acoustic. If you want to play classical music but a nylon string.

You won't get anywhere if you're not enjoying the music you make. Choose instinctively, which do you want to play more.

dont buy chinashit buy a home made guitar off ebay or similar.

motherfucker I have fat fucking fingers and I'm still managing to play. if that fatass hawaiian guy can play ukelele like he does you can most definitely play guitar well with enough practice. skills don't just come suddenly, you have to actually overcome such obstacles and find a comfortable way to play.

what if you listen to both

Then get 11 or 12 gauge strings and turn the volume down slightly on the clean channel to play acoustic.

so an electric guitar can play a really similar sound as an acoustic
i'll probably buy an electric one then

thanks a lot man i'll browse such websites and hope to find some interesting deals!

i'd say that i prefer an eletric guitar thanks for your advice

yea that was my first guess amazon seems to be really shitty to buy anything seriously

I've made up my mind i'll look for an electric guitar
Thanks you guys

I'll probably buy secondhand do you what should i be wary about?

Yes but that nylon/optical strat is an expensive rarity and the other pickups don't work. The closest you can get is one with a piezoeletric bridge pickup. They can be fitted to guitars with gibson style bridges easily, or you can get one that already has one like this

youtube.com/watch?v=PpBZzlr01Pc

whatever happened to jazzy schecter?

Attached: C-1 CLASSIC ANTQ 2014 TILT.png (2000x650, 1.11M)

Absolutely atrocious tone all around

Look at his amp settings, fucking retarded.

So about six months ago I purchased a new Les Paul with boost and coil split push pull knobs. The volume knobs in the guitar split the coils and the neck tone knob boosts the volume, but I can’t figure out for the life of me what the hell the tone knob for the bridge does. It doesn’t boost the volume like the neck tone knob and I can’t discern any difference in the tone. I linked the specific model. Can anyone help see what the extra knob does? I’ll post the interior wiring when I get home from work.

guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar.gc

Attached: 7E7A76DA-3DEE-4D2A-8F39-17514D337CE4.jpg (1125x1641, 239K)

sell your furnitures and buy a french guitar like a Lag arkane

thats what i mean by buying a home made guitar

Attached: 20190426_104931.jpg (1134x1747, 733K)

i'll take the strat for $100

Ask gibson

that Dean headstock looks really out of proportion

Gibson is known for fucking up. You might have actual bad wiring or a bad pot.

Trace the circuit and take a multimeter to the pot to make sure it works.

les pauls are meant to have a volume and a tone knob for each pickup. the volume knob cuts the output of the pickup and makes it sound weaker and kind of like an old radio, the other cuts high end frequencies so all the way down it'll sound underwater. if you have a knob that isn't doing anything you are the most recent victim of the "gibson doesn't have bad QC" meme.

Wow, you didn't even read what he posted, did you?

yeah and it doesn't match the control layout it's supposed to have unless he's not getting it right so his guitar is probably put together wrong

>Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2 Push/Pull

it's 4 push pulls

Probably this then

The way he said it was confusing

>the neck tone knob boosts the volume

Attached: push-pull-chart_v1.jpg (640x289, 58K)

Attached: howembarrassing.jpg (800x600, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=v5S5iEt8FMU&t=60

This is fake right? How do you slap guitar? When I slap my guitar it sounds like shit.

It's real

Wow, you need a degree to operate this pos

give me that fucking jazz bass body already

no

it only gets better

youtube.com/watch?v=07w8EADu5Q4

uhh

as opposed to another popular way people normally get a variety of tones, with multiple drive/boost pedals that are just used to color the tone of an already distorting amp?

yes

I really want to be in a band and I hear bass is best to spend time learning
I also really want to learn guitar because it seems more like a piano of strings
what do

>piano of strings
Guitar goes from e2 to e6 at the very highest and a lot of guitar players shun instruments with that much range because the neck pickup, when pushed down, is a little less full/warm sounding and will fall under different harmonic nodes (but mostly because they think it looks dumb/"metalhead" and they picked up guitar for the aesthetics). So they usually fall 2-3 half steps below that. With an 8 string 24 fret guitar you could go from e1 to e6. A piano goes from C1 to C8.

Guitars are known for intonation issues that make them inherently dissonant sounding instruments and music written for guitars must take this into account. Pianos, as they are not fretted, do not have this problem. Pianos also may have more than one string per note giving them a fuller sound without needing harmonic distortion from an overdriven amp. There are squiggly fret multiscale guitars that solve this and have piano like intonation but they go out of intonation anyways with bends, vibrato arm use, and alternate tunings and the frets must be replaced when worn instead of just re-crowned.

The piano of strings is a fucking piano.

Attached: d8e4cdcc0997aa5959690fa13af2a993.gif (791x543, 14K)

>all guitars rattle unless you play with crazy high action
This is untrue. I hit hard (read: I suck) and two out of my three are completely buzz free despite silly-low action (think 1mm). One of these two even has a 7.25" radius.

The trick is decent gauge strings and an expert setup: don't go to Guitar Center. Flat fretboard radius helps if you've got it.

the real tragedy of guitar is people buying 8 string 24 squiggly fret multiscale guitars and only playing meshuggah instead of fingerstyle

>can be your own bassist
>just be THE bassist instead

Something with humbuckers.

Just to check: are you aware that Jazzmaster pickups are not P90s?

Thanks for this, I was just repeating what I’ve heard but it’s always good to hear more information to correct misinformation and the diagram is helpful. I’m still not sure which I should play between bass or guitar for the reasons listed above. If I lived near any piano tutors then I’d love to learn but unfortunately it’s not really a viable option for me, maybe another time later in life.

Wdym just be the bassist?

I can reach from the nut to the seventh fret between index and little finger, but guess how often I use that in playing? Fucking never. So stop listening to other people's bullshit about what you can and can't do, and just play whatever instrument you like.

sounds like you wanna play guitar and not bass, cause bass is boring

>can be your own bassist
>just be THE bassist instead
Not all styles can have parts that accompany themselves like that, plus a bassist working that hard on a 4 string will always produce the tighter groove IMO

I think so too
I really do wanna be in a band though (and getting good enough to wank on guitar doesn’t appeal to me) so that and the enjoyable bits of bass lines are the only things making this hard for me

bassists play the rhythm in the low notes. bass is played like a variable-pitch drum.

there is an entire genre of metal where gutiarists do just that with extended range guitars and only use the high strings for a snare/cymbal effect and for a showy solo in the middle of the song.

lol, you're gonna be a real shoddy bassist with that attitude.

You are why bassists have a reputation as being worthless/talentless.

>guitar is lame, i don't see the appeal of getting good and showing off like that
>i just want to be in a band dude!
>g# g# g# g# g# g# e e g# g# g# g# g# g# e e

sorry I like it a lot more than was conveyed there but at a glance it just seems so dull to practice alone but I enjoy the feeling bass gives a song a lot more in any song than any guitar

first get a guitar and learn a bit, listen to Uncle Ben Eller on youtube and find some bros to jam with. You don't have to wank, people would prob prefer not to hear wank.

I should show you my P bass parts

I see the appeal of showing off, people like to show off and I’m not undermining the work to achieve the skill required but guitar wank does sound like shit and I say that as my own opinion, I’m sure many people agree and disagree with this

now this is what I call perfection

Attached: Untitled6.png (787x353, 139K)

I prefer the one that looks like a fluorescent flying V with ten strings and a million frets.

"guitar wank" is just some fag with no sense of actual music fucking around with a pentatonic minor scale is why

>look at how fast i can fret random selections from this scale
>SWEEP PICKING!

it's an insult to guitar like root note fags are an insult to bass

Nah man it's 6 As, then two G, then 6 As, then two Gs.

yeah to add to earlier I think being a good bassist obviously takes skill just like guitar and I didn’t mean to offend but I’m honestly not sure which to play around with first before branching to the other and then I can decide what I really like, it’s just that the way I’ve been told online was that unless I’ve been playing guitar for years and years and years I’d have no real chance to play with bands whereas I’ve been told people often always require a good bassist and it’s more useful to delve into but I’m not sure how viable it is to practice bass alone well to a good level

I appreciate both instruments though but just wondered what would hold more interest starting out

guitar and a selection of james hetfield's parts to metallica songs

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (2).jpg (995x420, 44K)

Too pointy. Could be good though.

okay you fucking faggots
I am downloading the first ep of this bang dream thing
I hope it won't disappoint me

I listen to a lot of bedroom pop and indie funk with basslines and some metal but I can try this

Can I just buy a strat, jag, JM or do I need a 24fret metal guitar?

will a smaller cab make my amp significantly quieter while keeping the cranked toan?
>ac30 head
>4x12 cab
>too loud for most gigs / rehearsals when gunned
>sounded muted with an attenuator

Attached: DSC_0198.jpg (3840x2160, 3.55M)

you only need 22 frets for the vast majority of guitar songs. 21 frets for hating yourself.

24 frets are for oddball metal solos and jazz fusion. i have 24 and i mostly use the extra frets as markers for where the harmonics are.

ah, it's my masterpiece. Also scalloped.

Attached: Untitled7654321.png (1148x408, 211K)

24 frets is best for guitars with humbuckers because the neck pickup will sound too fat otherwise.

22 frets for single coils or the neck sounds too thin.

not significantly, but yes. If you want cranked tone at all times just use a distortion pedal

what's your recommended 24 fret guitar for playing metallica songs
double hums

>they use the neck pickup

Attached: e19.png (651x481, 69K)

Attached: 1422207363299.png (564x401, 219K)

Your English is not bad at all, Pierre François de la Croix.

Attached: md24fcbk_1600x.jpg (1600x1600, 103K)

Newish player, pretty torn on whether I'd like a tremolo bar on my next guitar. How can I decide?

what is your playing style like? if you like bends and doublestops then don't as it it will be out of tune and awful. if you like clean shimmering stuff, then go for it.

>neck pickup sounds too fat
t. gain knob does not go lower than 7

Attached: $5000.jpg (1000x1000, 114K)

you want to sound better than metallica broseph

Attached: vmntrip_abfc7eab-86e3-4ae8-87a7-c5b30ed11f89_1800x.png (1800x638, 330K)

This should be the bible for beginners imo

Thanks for the advice

Just play the game

the Kakaster

Attached: the kakaster.png (783x281, 139K)

that is one of the few deans that i think is actually tastefully done

can you please explain kaka picking to me like i'm 5?

i think he pulls fecal matter out of his ass then he fridges it

later he plays with his shit icicle

>the absolute state of poorfags

who the fuck came up with the idea of using the EMG 85 as a neck pickup? it sounds so terrible there it almost makes you hate actives, but the 81 actually sounds good.

it's a video game, the anime is just an ad for it.

It’s the les Paul guy from earlier. Seems there was some confusion so just to be absolutely clear, it’s the push pull function I’m taling about. Volume and tone work fine but one knob is being weird. Here is a diagram to explain what I mean. I’ll open ‘er up in a second to show the wiring in case someone can figure it out.

Attached: 4EEEEE70-302D-4244-8C06-69C06F33CA91.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

Boost is phase select and ??? is coil select which only works with the coils split. You're probably just tone deaf though.

This is the said function that is acting up. Pointing at ??? On the sheet.
Probably desu.

Attached: 999794C5-D3CD-45CF-8C89-C21E39312E4C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.6M)

>no previous thread
>kept the links from Clairo thread
You beautiful sumbitch

i don't blame you for not being able to tell the difference between moving a coil half an inch up or down desu

>Gibson Les Money owners can't tell the difference between different settings on their guitars
>the fanciness is wasted on them and they'd probably fail to identify a gibson in a sea of other guitars with similar pickups in a blind sound test

life imitates art

Attached: heh.png (804x673, 361K)

vocaroo.com/i/s16UB5fJgD3q
Guess the song :)

Attached: 02EB92F4-E46D-477B-909A-866E41CBEB60.jpg (1087x1658, 261K)

Needs poo ferro fretboard.

Ahh so this is where you came to hide.

Attached: 11084943_918086448230962_226378050_a.jpg (150x150, 8K)

people are allowed to spend money on whatever they want. someone more "worthy" isn't losing out because someone buys a guitar

I've been playing on and off for 10 years and I still suck. I just want to write good music but all I can seem to make now sounds boring and uninspired.
Should I:
>Take lessons and try to erase 10 years of bad habits and sloppy playing
>Learn an entirely new instrument like drums or bass
or
>Give up music completely
?

Get some piano lessons

Can anyone recommend a decent boss heavy metal clone or something that’s similar?

You can waste your money all you want but the world will lose out if you don't spend it more wisely and buy a cheaper guitar and put the saved cash towards, i dunno, more lessons or better lessons

God knows this planet has enough PRS lawyer doctors and yui hirasawa-types with their dream "gitah" and mediocre skill

Just buy a Boss Heavy Metal

Someone’s dancing a little extra harder today lol

Attached: 74A2562F-BB4A-4679-A8A9-9940127EA383.png (1125x710, 318K)

That would be great but the motherfuckers are expensive now from what I’ve seen and I don’t entirely trust used pedals

What was the alternative you thought he should have bought? A $150 focusrite that was made in China?

The worst gearfags are the ones who buy middle of the road entry level brand name crap like sub $2.5k gibsons, new production fender tube amps, and focusrite interfaces and act like they're rich instead of poorfags who have slightly fewer financial responsibilities (ie: one less credit card balance).

Spare us the ur poor i'm not bickering if you can't show us your $5000+ guitar, equally priced amp, and pedalboard loaded with hand soldered, 100% american made effects that run upwards of $300 each or flash your bank balance.

give up on music but not entirely keep your ´tar for noodling.

pretty much

>fag 1: buys $50 pedal
>fag 2: buys $100 pedal
>fag 2: lol poorfag, i saved up for one more mcpaycheck, me big man
>fag 1: waaaaah now im mad

>fag 3: buys two horizon precision drives because his diesel VH4 doesn't have enough gain

that does look like a cheap aluminum chassis though. it's made from melted soda cans, metal isn't really high class despite what apple might try to imply.

when has objects made of recycled material ever been a bad thing? Do you hate the planet?

its not bad but metal vs. plastic carries little class

lol

Attached: 0F616587-F1B6-4357-AA51-5C4CA4E79C10.jpg (2676x3573, 1.77M)

Still haven't shown me a focusrite 2x2 with midi. I'm still waiting just like your parents are waiting for you to grow up chap.

>Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
>$159.99
>PreSonus Studio 24c
>$149.99

>TEN
>DOLLARS

Are you people fucking retarded

Gibson I get. Twice as expensive as fender and they don't put the gibson name anywhere on $300 guitars unlike literally every other brand. But this?

Attached: krM4OMq.jpg (800x500, 233K)

And the focusrite doesn't have midi. It's an inferior product this guy acts like i didn't do my due diligence but let him he still doesn't realize everyone is laughing at him not with him. Autism can be very crippling.

Honestly all you needed was the $100 scarlett solo. You're a mediocre musician whose needs do not exceed entry level equipment.

You might not be poor but damn son you're trying to be.

Don't let my life decisions affect you baby. That's not healthy

the switching pot?

look at him go lol

Attached: 3881D2AF-455A-4E9F-8EF3-73650C4D66CC.jpg (1125x1266, 529K)

Well, use your meter to see if the switch is working. Assuming it is, reflow the connections so they're strong again.

99% it works fine but he can't hear the difference or didn't realize it only worked with the coil split pots pulled

Could be

Roman™ can be a pajeet call center promoting warez at Yea Forums.

thats why "we cant get to him" there is a new pajeet every shift

Thanks Trent.

That's clairoshitter tho not jcum

Kek. He can't help make himself look stupid.

Truss rod

>rent free

Attached: unnamed-17.jpg (630x354, 45K)

Froosh, timestamp that shitty strat

>tfw you finish tuning
hooh boy I need to take a break or something

Attached: 1556261742323.png (704x690, 280K)

>that thelema symbol

Its pretty cancerous in general, but I boy oh boy they just had to throw that in.

lol yeah he couldn’t afford it

He's right I spent the $10 I needed on his mom for a 2 hour rimming sesh

Stop it that hurts my feelings :(

If it makes you feel better she only asked for $5 but I insisted she take $10

>they don't put the gibson name anywhere on $300 guitars
They don't do what now?

amazon.com/Maestro-Gibson-Electric-Starter-Sunburst/dp/B01G26SEPS

wtf gibson is shit now

gibson more like gib mones

They've had those for a decade or more.

And you can buy them in Target and Walmart.

MY firs guitar was an Epoch brand lp shape that said Gibson Baldwin on the back. I bought it for 100 at target

I love that you have the same budget for guitars now

ALRIGHT /GG/. SHOULD I BUY MONITOR SPEAKERS OR MONITOR HEADPHONES?

There's also "Signature" by Gibson/Baldwin.

>Gibby lovers on suicide watch

lol gibson is the same kind of poorfag shit as ibanez

no, i'm pretty sure not even ibanez makes anything that cheap

The gio line is disgusting. An abomination if you will

Still better than a $100 gibson

First Act

Maybe but the gio is for literal children. But so many peasant numetal fags by them.

Attached: 4A27A90C-8D69-41A2-BD9F-2F98BD07D0CD.jpg (1065x1550, 1.08M)

A $1500 ibanez is higher quality than a $3000 gibson so

Anything is better than a Gibson right now

Even a vintage spec fender telecaster, with literally everything that entails?

Yep. Fender's never installed a pickup upside-down.

>implying the super rounded neck doesn't make sliding complex barre chords up and down piss easy
>implying it don't got that TWANG
>implying the approximated intonation of a 3 saddle bridge doesn't contribute to that

yes

im scared to even look into music theory and ear training because im scared it's too hard
is it actually?

Yes every bit is magic and not for poor people

Thanks for reminding me poor people exist asshole.

>and not for poor people
what did he mean by this

If you're poor you're too stupid to understand simple as that. Get a job.

Music theory is ez but somewhat awkward on the guitar if you have learned the piano and let the white/black key dichotomy dominate your mind

It's 4 4ths and a 3rd and goes up in half steps, ez instrument to learn theory on. Not as ez as violin though.

R8 or H8 my prog
vocaroo.com/i/s1hb23DPTXRh

Attached: 20190417_162223.jpg (2016x1134, 753K)

Phonequality/10

Are you too insecure to use your interface now?

I have that pedal, it's fucking useless with a tube amp.

OK HERE'S ANOTHER. IM STILL FIGURING OUT MY INTERFACE LOL THATS WHY I RECORDED IT ON MY PHONE.
vocaroo.com/i/s1h3VmAtERH7

It's great with my tube amp. Maybe you just don't know how to use it.

It's only worth anything with almost no gain, and it doesn't shape the tone much.

I guess it's good if your amp has no gain

My amp has plenty of gain. The pedal has a different gain.

My amp has nearly the same gain so the difference isn't really worth $100.

He only has fender and Chinese Amps so his gain sucks.

that pedal was made specifically to make low gain amps sound like marshalls though

No it wasn't

let me guess

you don't actually know how to use the interface and your signal clips every time you try and use it

No. I have nothing to listen to it with. It won't produce sound through my tv. UT thanks for letting me know you're a dumbass lmfao

mate you plug it into your computer and then you can get live playback from amp sim software as long as your computer has something that produces sound, while simultaneously creating an identical-sounding recording you can post online

>he spent $150 on a two input interface with midi
>he'll only ever use one input and never touch the midi
>assuming he figures out how to use it

lol

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (3).jpg (995x420, 43K)

Call yourself a guitarist? Listen to this
youtu.be/1gS5ibUPUvg

Ironically, Jason didn't play a single note of it.

He composed it. All the guitarists are guests.

No shit jackass he wrote the cadence. Fuck off and live your own shit life don't project.

Attached: 2tYt6V9.gif (480x360, 2.53M)

No everyone got your shit attempt at a joke except you failed and aren't funny. You're just a kike rat piece of shit

You're trying too hard again

Projecting again?

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

how is the boss katana 100?

Ola Englund really likes it.

So I guess it's pretty good if your gain knob is permanently at 11.

how do you dial in distortion so it doesn't hide mistakes? i keep practicing with cleans+reverb instead because i can hear when i fuck up fret and pick out of time off or don't mute a string well enough.

Guitar player here looking to buy a bass. Can someone recommend me a bass? I'm considering the Ibanez SR300E

Attached: large.png (500x271, 69K)

low amp gain, like lower than you think you should go, OD with no gain but level boosted, pick hard as fuck to make up for the lower gain

that's how you get cleanest distortion tone

Is there an in production equivalent to the Zoom B3 I can buy? The Zoom B3n doesn't seem to function as an audio interface like the B3 does

Get into Jamiroquai. Yes, most rock bassists are shit but look at this guy go.
youtube.com/watch?v=6cszCm5FrSM

Why not just use a boost pedal

you could, but the reason most people use ODs as a boost instead is because they tighten up the low end and make it less "flubby" sounding in addition

Which OD?

I have a $20 klon clone and it isn't helping.

Most people can play both man.

ts9 is the meme one

I mean it also depends on your amp tone
If it sucks it sucks, nothing will salvage it. Gotta start with something good

What does playing bass like a guitar player even mean?
I can already play some guitar, am I fucked if I want to learn bass as a “bassist”?

It means playing like this
clyp.it/obf05szb

it's fun but it doesn't suit bands unless they're bass-based

I would play this, don't underestimate a single middle pickup

What in particular? I’m not skilled enough to notice really but I’m scared that if I don’t start bass I’ll never be able to learn to play bass like a bass

No its not. Get a job

>the don't want to = can't troll
i have been on this goddamn website for 12 fucking years and this one never gets old

playing chords, playing lead, using a pick, serving your ego and not the song

learn proper fingerstyle and a ton of famous bass licks, that'll be a good start

a guitarist plays a song. guitars are solo/lead instruments.

a bassist plays part of a song.

there isn't a tradition of solo bass. it's a niche thing. some struggle to recognize it as music instead of technical jazz student wankery. there are multiple traditions of solo guitar. that should tip you off.

the closest guitarists get to being bassists is rhythm guitar, and guitars optimized for it (fenders in particular) but even then a rhythm gutiarists breaks from the accompaniment role quite often. bassists just don't. you're the musical beta. your job is to be a proper right hand man or even a peer instead of a subservient robot.

Attached: classic-brit-awards-2012-milos-karadaglic-live-1349213225-view-0.jpg (620x460, 36K)

>Muh ego

The best bassists serve the fuck out of their ego AND everyone else's

Give examples

Look man, just make sure you practice to a metronome whenever you can, and be proficient in both fingerstyle and playing with a pick. Also I can't stress this enough: learn where each note is on the fretboard. Otherwise you're contributing to the problem.

Will try to repair this pos

Attached: IMG_20190514_163508~01.jpg (2592x2592, 1.17M)

How to I get lightning fast to play punk/thrash solos?
I can only play pentatonic scales on 8th at like 130 bpm because I fucking suck :(

Attached: 1504958458183.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

Ever been so sick that when you go to blow your nose the snot redirects through your sinuses out your eyes?
Give me some songs to practice for that feel

Show me one of these solos

Stuff like this: youtu.be/1JRJ5vz7paE?t=111

Bought a Blackstar HT-5R because I fell for the tube meme and I like it it's a lovely amp but I live with other people and I can't crank it up for distortion. I can get it to maybe 2 or 3/10 on gain and I feel like it's holding it back. Am I better of trading it for a boss katana 100?

youtu.be/EB_gOXV3-4A
How do I get this tone? Also her playing is awesome, such clean articulation.

It doesn't boost anything, it simply bypasses the tone control.

Kakaster v.2

Attached: kakaster v2.png (773x277, 142K)

hey that's pretty nice for a poop-inspired guitar
needs more pickups though

I'd play it unironically

I cry everytime

how is guitar practiced with a metronome? when people talk about bass players being like guitarists they just mean they’d be shit a guitar too?

How do you setup your pickups height on a HSS guitar?

i have no idea. they say your supposed to balance out the volumes but i never know how to do it

You look up how to do it on YouTube just like every other retarded cunt does.

youtu.be/rHqbNUfbSZM?t=38
That fucking intro solo.
How to build up such speed and dexterity?

I'm a retarded cunt and I did this, without much success. Additional opinions from random anons on a Siberian clay kneading board are welcome though

What in the world could you be getting wrong, it's not a complicated task.

with foam and playing with the screws

These sound like it's more of a challenge for your right hand, so practice a lot of alternate picking and build up endurance to maintain speed. As far as thrash\punk is concerned it's mostly shredding so your aim is to coordinate your hands which can be helped by chromatic exercises, even simple ones.

yikes, what a tryhard

i think i saw this somewhere before

This helped me out a lot actually I don't know why more guys don't get this out of the way before they start

because who wants to play the piano

Leaning music on a piano will help you play guitar though

>calls someone try hard as he replies to an 8 hour old post
Kek. Retard.

practice

AAWWW DID DA WIDDLE BABY WEPORT ME?

New thread

The inuendo was: what to actually practice?

Thanks. I'm currently cycling between 3 alternate picking exercices, but I'll add some chromatic stuff too.

>what to actually practice?
your wrist

This is sam asking this isn't it

Why don't they just reissue these? If they're going for $250 on ebay then there's a market

How, beside bends and HD lesbian strapon?

because they sound like shit

Yeah but idiots who still play swedish death metal pay out the nose for them so there's a market

kek but i think the other one was better desu

Ok so this is how I'll be holding my flying v from now on

Attached: flying_v.jpg (418x700, 50K)

thats nice dear

lol

first acts are based though

Attached: 317384_188595567881427_816622077_n.jpg (850x478, 103K)

neat

what band is this from

the Kakamaster

Attached: kakamaster.png (827x286, 153K)

pair one of these up with the limited edition kaka pedal and you're set for life

Attached: cpfqta0waaahpkx.jpg (529x523, 74K)

I actually quite like that

Attached: sodium chloride.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Can someone start a real thread?

There's already a new thread right here

Attached: 52038653_2295649597341657_1614782315603838596_n.jpg (608x608, 49K)