Dont see thee oh sees discussed at all here. Why is that?

dont see thee oh sees discussed at all here. Why is that?
i think john dwyers enormous output is high quality, he is definitely in my top 5 musicians putting stuff out today.

Attached: john-dwyer-damaged-bug[1].png (807x574, 384K)

I see them discussed a lot more than similar bands, but still probably not as much as they deserve. Also, who are your other top 5?

hmm im definitely excited for what the band black midi puts out and has in store, show me the body, zach hill, and parquet courts

Honestly Thee Oh Sees just gets too corny and over the top for me sometimes. I mean, they're a fine band, not bad at all, but I just don't like them enough to go all in, you know? There's just some parts that put me off.
My favorite psych acts are probably The Black Angels, Sun Araw and Ty Segall if it means anything.

Attached: 1553756657466.jpg (760x570, 61K)

Yah it means you have shit taste in music lmao

ALL ANYONE AT ANY US COLLEGE TALKS ABOUT IS THEE OH SEES SHUT THE FUCK UP JESUS CHRIST YOU UNORIGINAL PIECE OF SHIT OP. WOOOOW PSYCHEDELIC ROCK SOOO COOL

FUCK KING GIZZARD.

Take a sweet suck of my anus, Passover and On Patrol are 2 of the greatest psych rock albums ever made.

Attached: Megaman.png (383x278, 205K)

to many name changes to keep up.

i guess its the live experience that draws me in, if you havent you should definitely see them live and maybe it will make you appreciate their stuff a bit more having that experience. and yeah they can get a corny as far as lyrics go but thats not important for me.
Black angels are good, though their releases all blend together for me, not alot of variation, though the same can be said for some of thee oh sees stuff. I saw black angels live and it was good but i got really bored towards the end, perhaps i needed some acid.
Ill check out sun araw

Ty segall has put out some really good stuff over the years and was one of my favorite 'bands' for a while, but in recent years im really missing the appeal of his current releases, its like ive listened to all i can possibly already from him and each new release isnt memorable to me. hes not really doing anything interesting anymore. he recently had an album leak called first taste which is actually good, but nothing hits me like his stuff pre 2016.

You think the cat sniff the feet of sleeping girl haha

>Sun Araw
based and redpilled.

i agree with king gizzard being put in that statement allthough i do enjoy some of their stuff. thee oh sees though are talked about less than gizzard even though i agree they have a following in 'US college'.
Oh sees have a less cringe and normie fanbase than gizzard, even if there is some overlap between their fanbase

I got tired of Thee Oh Sees like 7 years ago, they release 3 albums a year and all their shit sounds exactly the same

Yeah, I've never seen them live, but I'd definitely be willing to. Like I said, I don't hate them, or even dislike them. Carrion Crawler/The Dream was a real solid work. The drumming on Chem Farmer is a fucking movement to behold. So good.
As for the Black Angels, I kinda get what you mean, although I feel each of their albums has its own thing going on, but with that same fuzzy "Black Angels" thread running through it. The vocalist is real easy to recognize, he has a very particular singing voice, so I get your point.
Also, if you're gonna check out Sun Araw, DEFINITELY try the album "On Patrol" first. It's one of my favorites of all time. Just a fuzzy, sticky, humid psych mess. Some of the soundscapes on that baby are incredible.

Attached: 1554422269361.jpg (640x480, 45K)

i don't want to sound like the smug reddit type, but all modern psych music became obsolete after listening to a few bjm records and krautrock. i'm sorry

I gotta disagree, although BJM is great. Take It From The Man! is fucking incredible. But I feel a few other psych rock acts have things to offer. There's A LOT of derivative shit out there though.

partially true, if you take their recent stuff it will sound the same, but in the context of their discography you can here a change in sound. Like Help from 2009 is their straightforward 60s garage sound, then skip some albums and get to carrion crawler/the dream and its that sound but with some krautrock, and then their recent releases, with orc being the better of the last 4 or 5 or so, and its much heavier with a much more complex rythm section, which i wouldnt classify as 60s garage rock. some albums are disposable but others stick out

Bump

bjm cant really be compared to thee oh sees, differet spectrums of psych rock. Thee oh sees are much more energetic in terms of sound, they have a type of punk energy in their music that BJM doesnt have. BJM is more traditional psych rock, while Thee oh sees can be seen as psych punk if you boil it down

i love thee oh sees. mutilator defeated at last and orc are fucking amazing, can't wait for this years release. my favorite song would have to be jettisoned or minotaur. castle face has some good shit, i would check out exit group if you're into synth/post-punk.

but like what more can be said about them at this point
also people who wear mom jeans and bad vintage clothing store finds like them. i hope every art hoe and male equivalent chokes

youre thinking of a different band for sure man

The main problem is that they make bad music for faggots with bad taste.

Way to say absolutely nothing.

because king gizz came along and their faggot fans started liking oh Sees making them less cool