How do I stop trying to make music that people will like and just find what it is that I truly want to create...

how do I stop trying to make music that people will like and just find what it is that I truly want to create? the validation of getting hundreds of likes etc on your tracks can quickly become addictive.

Attached: brian-wilson.jpg (214x251, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhhQrFfzFM4
reddit.com/r/carpenterbrut/comments/88bhr4/is_there_a_connection_between_escape_from_midwich/
youtube.com/watch?v=IUwqWwct7Z0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's your favorite beach boys album? mine is Today as it is the only one i like.

Theory of obscurity

Make what you like son
what a stupid question
lol

see for instance what i think you shoud do is the following

Listen to a song that gives you a specific feeling that you love! For instance I love carpenter brut and how he mixes a certain feeling that i REALLY FUCKING LOVE on his tracks, like i'm living the music in a story or something, right.
But the thing is, not many people are going to make the specific type of music that would make you have the most enjoying feeling ever, the only one who can make that is you; So try to put that great specific feeling that you feel on a certain track, on your own music! Thats what you truly want to create!
again:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhhQrFfzFM4
this song gives me a very specific feel, (which appeases my tastes) makes me feel like im in silent hill or something, even though i never played it, if I were to make a new track it would do with that specific feel, that again, only you know about.

Now searching for the song on google and for FUCKING COINCIDENCE EVEN THOUGH LIKE I SAID I NEVER EVEN WATCHED SILENT HILLS GAMEPLAY OR WHATEVER i found this!

reddit.com/r/carpenterbrut/comments/88bhr4/is_there_a_connection_between_escape_from_midwich/

see?!

my main problem is that I love a multitude of genres. one day I feel like making a post punk track and the next I feel like making an acid techno track. I find it hard to feel any sense of identity with what I'm creating due to this. or how I would go about packaging an releasing it

ween did it

dude you dont have to release everything together
seems like you have a lack of organization

do the following: make different projects organized at different tree folders
for instance on what you said
Punk
|____post punk
_____|________post punk that feels like what someone would listen in a radio in the mid of a 1980s war
______________|__________FILENAMEPROJECT

Electronic
|_______Techno
________|______Acid Techno
_______________|__________Acid techno combined with very intense drums that give a more melancholic feeling(idk)
_________________________|_______________________________________________________________________FILENAMEPROJECT
_________________________|_______________________________________________________________________FILENAMEPROJECT2

see? you dont have to work them all all the time
when you get the feeling to do one just progress it or create another one! Feeling different is actually good since in the time your not make the song you get more ideas and more feelings and more shit!!!!
Remember to take/write some notes about the songs; not just the technical part but what it makes you feel.
gl

Summer in paradise

people always say art is an expression. This is what plebes have been taught. Only real artists have unlocked the gate and know art is both an expression and experience.

When creating are, ask yourself. What does it do? and what does it mean?

>when you make a better song the Beatles and haven’t told anyone in 5 minutes

Exactly my problem
>you don’t have to release it all together
And I disagree, when a varied thing combines to create a better whole it can suck but it can also specifically be amazing in a way that is not possible otherwise. Though it cannot be overly repeated.

its a love thing

based

>I find it hard to feel any sense of identity

lol why do you need some singular sonic identity? Do you like it when every song on an album sounds the same? Working within one genre is for turboplebs and hacks.

>how I would go about packaging an releasing it

however the hell u want dude wtf there's no one way of creating art

this thread is so fucking dumb, you're literally coming to a bunch of strangers trying to crowd source the proper way to make art on your own terms

oh yes defininelty lad i dont disagree
but the same sinergy that you have when you make the songs must be applied to choosing the album tracks
you cant just throw everything together and say
NOW THIS WILL BE EBIN WIN XDDDDD SO RANDOM SO FLUID OMG
in fact, he could do the same type of organizing that i described, to his albums!
Use your creativity OP but dont force it, it must flow
here:
youtube.com/watch?v=IUwqWwct7Z0

If you just learn from what people like most and try to make that, you will end up making pandering music that no one will remember.

What you should do is follow every instinct you have, without any influence from the outside world, even if it means making a post-punk track and then a techno track and releasing it on the same album. The best artists are the most individual and unique. They get that way because they do exactly what they want personally, instead of mimicking the voices of other artists. You have to learn to find your own individual voice, and you will never do that if you pay attention to what other people want or what is conventional.

>This
this is why all good artists start from the bottom before they get to the top
dont give af about peoples opnions
but take constructive criticism
but dont follow it make your own choices.

Time to make up a stage persona and write for them. Who you wanna be ziggy stardust

based

OP just make music like no one is going to listen to it, then release it if you're happy with it, not that hard.

I don’t know if I understand your system

Like after the UMBRELLA GENRE and SUB GENRE and SUB SUB GENRE, is it in that location that the project file(s) would be? Like “post punk that feels like what someone would listen in a radio in the mid of a 1980s war”? This would probably be a folder in itself wouldn’t it

this isn't homework u autist

Yes.
umbrella genre-----> sub genre------> not sub sub genre but whatever you want to call it. Its just the folder for projects related to what you were feeling.
Also you dont have to do like that. Just use your creativity. You could literally start by the opposite too.
Specific feeling or ideas------->specific album idea----------->genre

Just try to organize stuff. Doesnt have to have any order you could also just make names for stuff like:
|Space
|beats
|cool ideas
|experimental stuff
and not use any of the genre classification or whatever
or you could just not use any folders and just throw your projects there too. It depends on what works for you lad.