Future legendary band coming through

Future legendary band coming through

Attached: King Gizzard's Altered Beasts Club Band.jpg (2700x5400, 3.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_J5-57lRxAM
soundcloud.com/mladic/bar-k-eurasia-mix-an
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's some good photoshop skill

Give it a few decades, these dudes will be remembered as legends and their musical variety will be what inspires many aspiring musicians in the future

Attached: D334D421-A276-4843-81C4-39B8B54C0898.jpg (640x959, 44K)

not oc

gizzzzz

i love this band. unfortunately after their 5 albums in one year release they gained huge traction with reddit tier, pickle rick, omg colored vinyl type people and it really discourage new listeners from liking them (especially here cause contrarians of anything reddit likes). Last album sucked but they are still one of the most exciting bands in recent years

Someone put more effort into this picture than the band puts into their albums

I respectfully disagree, while not one of their best works, Fishing for Fishies is definitely a solid album with some bangers. Nothing seems like filler to me. Not all of their work has to be like IIYMF Nonagon Infinity, or Murder of the Universe

It's a sad statement about music that Gizz is one of the most interesting acts of the decade. They're fucking boring trite but they're still cooler than 90% of other shit out

Yes

Nonagon infinity opens the door

yeah i see where youre coming from, alot of indie is bland and playing it safe now. Alot of rehashing really, and push for being 'woke' and overly political on a surface level way. its probably due to the fact that indie really isnt indie, its come to the surface with the internet and such now its just a style contest and no one really wants to hold anything against the grain/disagree with alot of the social norms and values that are emerging with 'left' values (though not really left and just a push for a divide and authoritarianism). shit i lost my train of thought sorry im on a bit too much adderall

Literally every concert I go to there is some obnoxious dude bro wearing a King Gizzard shirt. They are their own breed.

Idk the band just seems like a perfect example of the pop-ifying and mainstreaming of genuinely avant-garde ideas from the kraut/punk/prog schools of rock music for the consumption of the masses. They've taken genuinely psychedelic ideas pioneered by groups like Can and neutered them with silly lyrics, bare melodies and arrangements, and a generally acceptable b-movie aesthetic that was guaranteed to be a hit with the nostalgia obsessed Reddit dude crowd.

With all that being said however their music isn't all that bad, just a lot more simple and digestible than what came before. If Amon Duul II are too difficult for you to jump into then it's totally understandable why you would be a King Gizz fan

can sucks balls dude

>groups like Can and neutered them with silly lyrics, bare melodies and arrangements

Isn't there a 20 minute track on tago mago that's literally just drums and the jap making mouth sounds

You're a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Doesn't like Can but loves King Gizzard - ever consider that that's because Gizz is jut a super watered down and digestible version of Can?

Rock has been stagnant since the 90s, I don't know if it will ever come back. I mean how can it? What could you possibly do with a guitar that Sonic Youth didn't already do?

seethe more incel dweeb lmao

They’re still hardly easily accessible thanks to normies watered down taste in music and their expectations of what music should be.

I gotta disagree here. Musically they aren't exactly breaking the mold, but they are about as sonically complex as you can be don't want to risk losing mass appeal and their presentation and album diversity gives people a lot more to get interested in than the vast majority of artists.

That's the sad part. I think they're very creative, they just aren't very good. In a way they're very indicative of modern rock as a whole: great influences watered down to something ultimately forgettable.

And I may just be a cynical purist, but doing anything while still trying to maintain commercial appeal is dishonest bullshit

>And I may just be a cynical purist,

nah, you're a dumb zoomer pleb who bought the Can meme, bet u think Red is the best King Crimson album too u contrarian dipshit babby

I think you’re just a cynical purist. If these guys are talented, but not good musicians and BORING. I can’t even begin to imagine what you might find to be worthwhile music

>i'm 16 and my taste in music is superior

I've never listened to Can or Red, prog rock is shit

thats a though thats in the back of my mind alot, every new scene/trend in indie rock is just a revival at this point. Some of my favorite bands today are really not doing anything new, but i still wonder what makes it exciting and seemingly new to me even though i have already heard the bands that inspired them. but then again nothing is entirely original in the first place, rock likely peaked in the 70s because for any 80s and 90s band that had a new sound, an obscure 70s band has already done it.

nvm, based

I think bands in the 80s and 90s were making much more interesting music based on those influences than bands today. But to be fair, the 80s was an explosion of creativity in rock fueled by punk rock, which is probably one of the most important pop culture phenomenons ever IMO

Love em or hate em you can't deny that they are THE rock band of the 10s

they'll be a curiosity, people in the future will look at this & realize, oh yeah this was when it became real easy to genre exercise when you have internet...then they'll go back to the groups that actually broke new ground, if fifty years passed & we're still talking about beatles itcotck etc, 100 years will pass & it'll be no different.

Attached: jl.jpg (532x640, 69K)

But will they have the staying power to continue to grow and evolve into the 20's?
I honestly don't think they've peaked yet. Nonagon Infinity was their magnum opus, but I think they can make another

This. Rock is dead. Honestly pop music as we know it is probably dead. It didn't survive the indie explosion of the 90s and the internet raped it's corpse, so now it's just a dead giant carried by the momentum of its sheer size

if you legitimately think people will be talking about the beatles in 50 years you'e delusional, the only people who talk about them today are senile boomers

how can Rock truly be dead?

No I think people will still talk about the Beatles, but not from a Boomer "I was there" angle, but from another, more historical perspective angle

no new ideas, everything being a rehash of something else already done. Modern psych bands, modern shoegaze/dreampop bands, modern indie rock bands. its all been done before. Not to say i dont enjoy them, but creatively theres not really many bands as far as i know that are coming out with new sounds post 2010

there isn't a day here that passes without discussion of beatles TMR itcotck late 60s/70s & it's not all memeing , you're not being honest if you think these are all "boomer" threads on mu.

Attached: P1040666.jpg (640x480, 121K)

It probably won't be "dead" as long as kids are still buying guitars. It just doesn't have anywhere to go in the sphere of western music.

said like a true zoomer

TMR still sounds newer and more interesting than every band releasing music today and it's 50 fucking years old

You know what style jumping band will be legendary in the future? Ween...the future is Ween

Attached: Untitled-4.gif (1346x1350, 113K)

ween is already legendary, n00b

But they're hacks, and they try to hard to maintain a gay indie image. They had a few good albums early on, but they can't do anything worthwhile anymore.

>and they try to hard to maintain a gay indie image

u wot

Not that guy but he's right. Any band that relies on image or pretending to be a "rocker" is just laughable. Just play your music, you aren't in a movie.

(guys, what's he talking about?)

>They had a few good albums early on, but they can't do anything worthwhile anymore.

cant the case be made for just about any band?
of course there are exceptions of bands releasing some of their best albums later in their careers like swans, sonic youth.
But like any band 3 or 4 albums in goes downhill from there

>They had a few good albums early on, but they can't do anything worthwhile anymore.

>implying Polygondwanaland isn't their best by far

this is the kind of ebin comeback I've come to expect from >70 IQ Gizzard fans

Considering what's adventurous to the average non-music aficionado is not a good way of determining how original a band's sound actually is

That's literally king gizzard tho

King gizzard are pseudo-prog tho

what are you talking about, gizzard is just like most popular rock bands today, just everyday people. They dress and look just like any other person on the street their age

>sonic youth
What are you talking about? They didn't have a single decent later album, they were just OK at first.

What's so wrong with having an image for your band especially if it's creative, iconic, and enhances the music listening experience by giving the listener a visual to go along side with the music

You missed the point, you don't understand what kind of image is being talked about. Furthermore, I have no idea what you're talking about, there's nothing creative, exciting, interesting, or what ever about their image, it's just gay.

sonic nurse man that shit is fantastic

Based sonic nurse fan

No I got your point and I disagree heavily.
How can you look at album art like this and NOT be drawn in?

Attached: 8B9264DC-96FE-4942-921E-BC4C440B61C2.jpg (1200x1200, 515K)

Idiot, Daydream Nation was their 7th release.
Because it's bullshit and a crutch. Some people can do it alright, David Bowie did a decent job but despite being an excellent songwriter his music is still bloated and trumped up. David Byrne and Crass are two other good ones that come to mind, but most people who adopt any kind of "image" do so because their art can't stand on it's own. You think Marilyn Manson would have experienced the level of success he did if he didn't box himself into acting like a child as a career?

Or this?

Attached: CDFB8EBC-53AD-41D5-8F50-8F2FDC743874.jpg (781x786, 632K)

That looks like something out of a comic book drawn 40 years ago. It's yet another rehash nostalgia grab, exactly like everything else, just slightly better execution

fuck even this?

Attached: KingGizzard.png (350x350, 72K)

>you don't understand what kind of image is being talked about

probably because ur just in here spouting nonsense like a tard

>Muh rehased nostalgia = bad
you're no fun. What's acceptable album art to you then, instead of being critical of someone else's work?

>no fun

This is a difference of values issue. I don't see fun as a good quality. Yes I know that makes me sound like a cunt.

Also I find it annoying and disingenuous to rehash old shit. Like fuck, have an original thought rather than imitating other people.

>King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard's album art direction isn't creative, exciting, intresting and just gay

Ok, you do better

>fun isn't a good quality
>makes you sound like a cut
It really, really does user

Attached: 1501214650639.jpg (520x519, 229K)

Isn't everything popular at this point a rehash of something that came before?

This is circle talk

So basically you don't give a shit about music is what you're saying.

>You do better!
Why? It wouldn't make their bullshit any less bullshit. I see where you're coming from but they released it for public consumption and criticism

It's gotten painfully obvious though

>Also I find it annoying and disingenuous to rehash old shit

lol get a load of this zoomer pleb he probably still thinks death grips are good

Attached: 1451704420631.jpg (329x329, 9K)

I give a shit about the music that I like
Yeah and you're free to dislike it, but to call it uncreative and boring is just false, taking influence, like everyone else does, doesn't make it uninspired, in fact it's the opposite.

Half the time they look less put together than Mac DeMarco, stylistically. They just wear loose fitting shirts and jeans.

I specifically said I think they're very creative, they just aren't very good. And they're very boring, I don't know how you could find them interesting unless this is your first day listening to music

fishing for fishies is like their #3 best album and i have been a long time gizzhead since i saw them at austin psych fest 2014 i had made plans with someone on here to sell me weed

King Gizz is a fantastic band and I just wanted to post that and leave teehee.

How can they be very creative not very good and very boring in the same sentence?

I've been actively listening to music for years, King Gizzard is the most engaging, mentally stimulating, adrenaline pumping, hype machine I've ever encountered in modern music. Their art direction is very inspired, and I very much identify with this band, something about them just clicked for me unlike other bands in the past.
To me, their very much like the Grateful Dead and there deadhead followers, with King Gizzard and their gizzheads like myself.

>inb4 lol this fanboi

Welcome to an altered future brother!

They can be very creative but not talented enough to make anything interesting with it. That's great that they resonate with you, they don't for me, but I think the Dead suck way worse than Gizz, so.

this their fan base is gay as fuck

Welp there you go your completely subjective tastes are different from mine.

What a shock/s

the fuck did you just say about the Dead??

I said

"Fuck the Dead"

who says they aren't legends now?

how can you pour so much effort into one image and then just plaster Eric onto it without as much as smoothing his edges?

>What music should be.

Heard yourself lately?

I still fail to see their influence on the modern rock scene. They feel more like a novelty or an anomaly than legends in the making. Their sound is diverse, but it's not particularly innovative.

>I still fail to see their influence on the modern rock scene
what modern rock scene

Kind of my point. If they were truly legendary, you'd think they, and their style of music, would be breathing life into rock and creating some kind of waves, but rock is still on the same decline that it's been on for a while. As it stands they're not even among the more interesting contemporary rock acts that are still around and kicking.

>Kind of my point. If they were truly legendary, you'd think they, and their style of music, would be breathing life into rock and creating some kind of waves

music doesn't work that way anymore, dumbass

That's retarded. Musicians are still influenced by their peers. That will never stop being the case as long as there are communities within music. If anything the smaller scale of the rock scene should make it easier for a truly revolutionary act to spread their influence.

>That's retarded. Musicians are still influenced by their peers

that's why everyone's making imitation '80s synth music these days right? care to name anyone else making fresh, innovative music and influencing their peers?

Well Stu from King Gizzard is very inspired by Thee Oh Sees, but then you get people calling King Gizzard Oh Sees knock offs. So if another band was influenced by King Gizzard, they’d be called King Gizzard knock offs themselves.
So where does it end really? What’s the difference between taking influence, and being called a knock off?

Personal/community opinion, just like everything else in music. That being said, the matter of King Gizzard being knock offs or not isn't really relevant to the notion of them being some landmark band in the history of rock music. Their best albums were released 3 and 5 years ago, but take a look at any of the other psychedelic music groups that have been releasing music in that time period. Where is King Gizzard's influence on their peers sound? What particular elements is the band bringing to the table that are unique to them that you see others either mimicking or incorporating into their own music?

>Where is King Gizzard's influence on their peers sound?

idk

youtube.com/watch?v=_J5-57lRxAM

>Where is King Gizzard's influence on their peers sound?
you're clearly not Australian then, Gizzard ripoffs have been appearing everywhere in the local scenes country wide since about 2014

Can we at least all agree microtonal is their best album?

>fun is not a good quality

You are indeed a cunt, user. If you can't appreciate fun in music, then you are devoid of any emotion that grants you privilege to enjoy music in the first place.

Attached: 1556689374262.jpg (249x243, 10K)

Go back to /kpg/, dumb frogposter

This is nice, scratches both my gizz itch and my retro turkish pop vibe itch at the same time.

If you want more like this, check this out
soundcloud.com/mladic/bar-k-eurasia-mix-an

You're a fucking dumbass, quality art endures. Young people will always love the Beatles

>Look mommy! I made rhymes in my band name!
One of the numerous bands I haven't heard of outside of Yea Forums