Whats the answer b?

whats the answer b?

Attached: 1476463675924.jpg (701x576, 128.96K)

OMG it's the coin flip b8 again but with boxes.

½

40%

Why is the final box in the middle?
I can see inside all three boxes.
I bet the trick part is that you already pulled out a gold ball, so that eliminates one of the boxes, and leaving three balls, two of which are gold.

one half

you have two boxes. one box has two golden nuggets and the other has one golden nugget and one grey piece of shit. you pulled a gold nugget out of one of the two boxes. what's the chance that you pull another gold nugget

I already told you I can see inside the boxes. Do you really want me to spoil it for you?

what's in the fuckin box

The answer to the puzzle is a number. Give us that number, not some waffleword salad.

>whats the answer b?

Kill the jews and fags, get all your silver and gold back.

That's not a number.

ywnbaw kys degenerate white nigger tranny incel faggot nigger-tier intellect low IQ scum

Of course I going for the box with 2 gold nuggets.
Geez Louise. I CAN FUCKING SEE INSIDE THEM!!!!

That's not a number either.

1/2

66.666...%

you have a box full of gold and a box full of gold and shit. you have two boxes. you happen to pull out a gold nugget from one box. what are the chances you have the all gold box...

You've eliminated the box with no gold balls.

You are left with a box that either contains the other gold ball or doesn't.

You have a 50% chance your next ball is gold.

>implying restating the question will lead idiots to the answer

Right.

Wrong.

what? please proof read your ramblings

There are three scenarios in which you have picked a gold ball:
1. You have picked the first gold ball from the box with two gold balls.
2. You have picked the second gold ball from the box with two gold balls.
3. You have picked a gold ball from the box with one gold and one silver ball.
Picking another ball from the same box results in a gold ball in two of these three scenarios. Thus, the correct answer is actually 2/3. Also I'd like to add that I fucking hate probability calculations.

given the types of balls in those two boxes its not an equal 50/50 chance that you're in either one

I think people get confused because the question says 'at random' but then tells you you got a gold ball. People forget or don't realize at all that you *randomly* got a gold ball. Then they forget the third box exists. I believe the question could be written better.

i mean is it really that hard to imagine a hypothetical in which a gold ball is picked in a random event?

Retard. It's asking the probability of a gold ball on the 2nd pull. Not overall.

The odds are not 2/3 because you're pulling from the same box which already contained a gold ball.

You're confusing this with that stupid switching doors questions.

>because you're pulling from the same box which already contained a gold ball.
His post doesnt contradict that

Not for me, no. But somehow 50/50 retards are now a clear majority in these threads.

You should perhaps read the post you are answering to again.

30%

Why 30%? Because there are 3 pairs of DOUBLES. You remove one gold ball, now you have the DOUBLES in the majority because chances.

So, remove a 2, add a decimal, BOOM! Easy.

It was 50% when it started, as soon you remove one, it's now automatically 30% chance.

But remember, the game is rigged from the start, the house always wins. Luck is a superstition, and even 1% can still lend you the jackpot. Don't believe me? Just ask the germ that survived the Listerine genocide.

"What is the probability that the next ball you pull FROM THE SAME BOX"

Seriously, that's the probability question. You are pulling from 1 box. The box either contains the other gold ball or doesn't.

The question is asked after the exclusion of the third box. This is really a question about 2 boxes. Not 3.

The third box has nothing to do with it, people just don't realize that pulling one gold ball from a box with two and pulling the other gold ball from a box of two are two different scenarios that need to be counted separately.

see the third box can be erased from the pic and it would still be 2/3

Do you put the gold ball you took back into the box?

It's not a play on words. It's a famous question in game theory, and the answer is 2/3 whether you like it or not.

Remember you can't see into the boxes? Try to imagine three opaque boxes and a gold ball in your hand that you just *randomly* picked. It's all there. Just think it through slowly.

(1 + .5 + 0) /3 = (1/2 )/3 = 16%

Attached: fuckit.jpg (610x253, 72.41K)

Out of all the wrong answers in this thread, this one is the most impressive.

Attached: ricky circulating.jpg (581x330, 28.01K)

Explaining why its 2/3, without explicitly stating it's 2/3, and getting called wrong, revealing the true retards in the thread.
Well played.

If you LITERALLY had 3 boxes,

And you LITERALLY had two gold balls in one, two silver in one, and one gold and one silver in one,

And you LITERALLY grabbed a random ball from a random box,

And you LITERALLY grabbed the other ball from the same box,

It would LITERALLY be the same color 2/3 times.

It's science.

Attached: Three_mystery_boxes.jpg (1000x272, 40.38K)

thats jut like your method man

It's the situation the question describes.

>psyop to make anons hate reality by stating the truth in reddit style communication

Attached: 403.jpg (600x608, 42.03K)

It's also a fact that people love reading reddit spaced posts.

"Had" three boxes.

The question is asking the likihood of pulling a gold ball on the 2ND PULL. That means he's pulled a ball from 1 of 2 boxes that contained a gold ball.

That means he'll either pull a gray ball or a gold one.

The probability is 50%.

But when you chose a random box, you were more likely to choose the box with 2 gold balls if you picked a gold ball.

Observe

Yep this. It’s conditional probability. You aren’t starting from scratch.

There’s a 50/50 chance you pick a gold ball on your first turn.

Once you have a gold ball you have a 50/50 chance to pick a second ball that is also gold.

So you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting two balls of the same color even though there are 3 boxes which I find interesting.

2/5

2/3. and pic related is why. those saying 50% simply are putting too much into the fact that there are two boxes

Attached: 1645834060992.png (1084x357, 16.5K)

You are free to choose any of the 6 balls in your first pick but the color of the first ball restricts your options on the second pick.

If the ball is gold you no longer have the ability to choose from box 3. It’s outside the realm of possibilities.

Likewise if the ball is silver then box 1 is for sure not being drawn from.

There are only 4 possible outcomes:

G, S
G, G
S, S
S, G

They are all equally likely to happen so 1/4 for any of them.

except thats wrong the possibilities are
G1, G2
G2, G1
G3, S3
S1, S2
S2, G1
S3, G3
4 of 6 of them give us the same color. so 2/3

You are solving a different problem. Balls are fungible meaning it doesn’t matter if I pick Gold #5 first and then gold #6 or the other way around. Gold is gold and they get all lumped together.

If you are treating all balls as unique then the chance of getting any specific outcome after one gold ball could be

G1, G2
G2, G1
G3, S

So 2/3 are both gold.

it's the same problem. But then you go on to say the answer is 2/3 anyway. So i dont know if youre agreeing or disagreeing.

It just depends on if you care about the order of how the golden balls are drawn out of box #1. If just care about getting 2 golf balls then it is 50/50 that you get a second gold ball.

I’m saying the correct answer depends on the question. It is just asking about color, not order. You’ll are Including duplicates and counting them as different outcomes. There’s no difference between G1,G2 and G2, G1 given how the question is worded.

it doesnt matter whether you care or not. You cant just treat the two balls as if theyre one ball, theyre not. 50/50 just doesnt stand hold up when tested as this user said if you did this youd simply wouldve gotten a gold ball second 2/3 of the times you got a gold ball first

How many boxes could it be off the first ball is gold?

again youre getting hung up on the two boxes. It's ultimately not a choice between boxes. It's a choice between the balls. Even if you want to focus on the boxes then you're making the mistake of assuming there's an equal chance of having chosen either one given the information we have

Let’s make it people: we have three households: heterosexual, fags, dikes.

If I reach down into the house without looking and fondle one dick, it couldn’t be the dikes. 50/50 checkmate

50/50 couldn’t be a wife or husband.

Conditional probability