If a man who can phase through walls commits a crime and goes to jail...

If a man who can phase through walls commits a crime and goes to jail, how could the justice system make him serve his sentence?

Attached: 89e6791b547925431a663d2b8d13d4dc.jpg (450x350, 30.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_lk0UvVLv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

chain him to the floor

Figure out how his superpower works and figure out if there's some material he can't get through. Like maybe he can go through steel and concrete but not plastic or glass, for example.

But if he can go through any kind of material there would be no way of containing him.

Hold his family hostage it some sort of incentive that would make him stay put.

*Or some sort of incentive.

If he's black just tell him that on the outside of the walls there are responsibilities to take care of

This could be good, but if we take for granted that the justice system acts inside the law, it would be unlawful of them to hold innocents hostage.

Build a fence?

line up his family, keep them under surveillance at all times, and tell him, "should you attempt to escape, a random family member will be executed and left to rot."

Then he also wouldn't be able to commit crimes or do anything, and in fact he would just sink into the planets core.

give him no money.

Submerge the cell in toxic waste, deep enough so he can't hold his breath.

Not necessarily true, you could make a few adjustments and make his family pay some sort of large sum. People sometimes have to put up their homes as collateral for their kid's who are in serious trouble with the law.

Yes. He would just float through the ether and die from space.

That's why there aren't any black super heroes.

Attached: 1613695476094.png (1033x670, 924.04K)

Place the cell underneath ice at the south pole.

Attached: warface.jpg (605x807, 80K)

Put him in a cell made only of ceilings. Therefore, no walls to pass through

Let's say he can do it at will, otherwise yeah he would just die in the planet's core or in space.
This could be it user, something like this could convince him to stay put. Let's make it more difficult then, what if he has no family nor friends to speak of?

Attached: nicemonk.jpg (1200x1600, 230.94K)

Induce a coma

Put him in a prison cell suspended above the ground so that escape means a fall to certain death

contain him magnetically, like they do in fusion

>suspended above the ground
wat

Attached: fuckery.jpg (720x960, 42.6K)

A container held high in the air on an electrified cable or something

Why is this hard to believe, like a tweety bird in his cage.

>electrified
Okay, now it makes sense. lol I thought you meant the damn thing just magically hovered in the air.

Attached: 48383658_10213591686568065_8126784839425720320_n.jpg (584x572, 35.94K)

Because reality has gravity and if it's suspended with a rope or mounted on a pole, it'd be hilariously easy for him to escape. Poster solved it with electrified cable though.

Attached: suicidedumb.jpg (468x630, 42.61K)

Man-sized birdcage dangling off the side of a building.

In a satellite in orbit.

How though? Does the man have the ability to phase through and fly?

Maybe we are imagining different things.

create a wall that dissapears when someone phases through it...where did he go?

Put him in a pressurized air fed tank 100 feet under water.

No, but if he phases through the roof, he can climb the cable (unless it's electrified). If it's on a pole, he can phase through the floor and slide down the pole.

That might also be true.

Attached: 11251617_10204548555776216_4617647671858705553_n.jpg (261x195, 9.24K)

Welp, i don't think the phasing powers can do much against this, but maybe by using his rights he could do something? If we assume that the justice system has to act inside the law, would be using a container held with an electrified cable be lawful? And if we say yes, what about waste materials? The dude has to shit and piss, and if they leave him in a container with his piss and shit everywhere without doing anything about it, wouldn't it be inmate mistreatment?

Attached: 870086047f328300dab108cd9ba95f11.jpg (1125x1059, 59.34K)

They could extend a bridge to him like with Magneto in that one movie. Feed him and take his dirty diapers that way

He'll have a poop shoot and let gravity do the rest.

Rip

I think he could phase through the bridge and escape, no?
Good point, but he could also decide to piss and shit everywhere in the container BUT the poop shoot, forcing the justice system to go and try to clean up or something, because otherwise the dude could die while inside the responsibility of the law and that could not happen.

The bridge would just be a platform that would extend out once a day and would be guarded. He would encounter the same problems escaping that way as anyone else

Just make thicker walls, his phasing power is something he has to control or he'd slip through the ground at any time, and he wouldn't be able to phase forever

I see your point man but since he can just phase through materials in general, what would stop him from phasing through the bullets and/or the guards themselves?

Don't use standard walls.
Use an electrified surface.
Use ionizing radiation.
Use high-power lasers.

If he's immune to all of that then you've essentially just created a ghost that can't interact with the world and may as well not exist.

If he's selectively immune to all of that and can turn the power off and on at will, use psychology.
Take a loved one hostage and tell him that if he leaves the room they get tortured.

use floors to make the walls and he wont be able to phase through them anymore

This is easy to solve. Place the prison somewhere he won't want to escape from. Like, place it at the south pole. He can phase out of that cell anytime he wants to, but he'd be naked in -60C. At that temperature, he won't last more than 5-6 minutes before he dies. The only safe place is inside his cell.

Attached: 1440677524391.webm (480x480, 907.07K)

Genius.

If he attempts to leave the confines of his normal material cell?

Some kind of knockout gas in the walls of his confines? I mean, any kind of deterrent could be impossible for a being which phases through matter. You made this thing up, so you can make up his weakness too.

Shock braclet or alarm. Or keep chained with a long chain for mobility

haha, this reminds me of the portal gun in Portal 1 & 2. The portal gun only works on really smooth surfaces or surfaces covered in "conversion gel" (usually white & smooth looking).

This sounds very good. I don't know if any country has to legal ability to send an inmate to the south pole but let's say yes. He would still be entitle to his rights as an inmate, so at the very least food, warmth, plumbing and decent hygienic conditions. Therefor he would need somebody else there with him to take care of all of this for him, and this jailor guy would need a place to stay in the south pole near the phaser to cater to his basic needs with all the comforts he's entitle to by his position as a state worker, so i think at least a small shack, warmth, food, radio, hygien products, tech ecc. To have all of this the jailor would need people from outside giving him it all, what would stop the phaser from escaping using that same transportation that brings stuff to the jailor?

This thread came out just like that, but you are right and i should make another one where i outline everything better. This thread is proving useful tho

Gas him to sleep at bridge opening time

It could be a fifo gig for the janitor. He would be paid handsomely to work there but be unable to leave.

What inspired you? Had a convo with your friends and wanted more opinions?

Nah, just airdrop supplies once a month. Getting them and swapping out the latrine etc is his problem. Rights aren't an issue. US and the UN have various rules about treating inmates, but all of that is basically ignored at Guantanamo bay. I think it's nice that someone believes rights are a thing, but it isn't.

Attached: {00FA7F44-AAE4-4BB3-A2DE-9FF4BF26AFFF}.jpg (390x116, 15.67K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_lk0UvVLv0

Wouldn’t an enclosure lined in electric caging disrupt the ability for him to phase through.

If you really are OP, then I think his cell could be more than 99% surrounded by a layer of liquid nitrogen or liquid helium. Such a setup will be expensive to build and maintain.

Essentially, the jail cell has pipes for water and sewage, and a small entrance for food. There's also a tiny amount of space necessary for the electrical wires and ethernet cables. He can have tv/pc with internet, a bed, a toilet, a heater/AC unit, a few shelves and a chair in his cell.

Like I said, only water in, sewage out, electrical wiring, and a little port for a food tray are necessary. The rest of the cell is surrounded by a layer of very cold, probably liquid N2 or liquid He. If he's not impervious to these temperature differences then the cold will freeze his body. This setup would likely cost millions of dollars, and need backup units ready in case the cooling system runs into problems or needs maintenance.

If he's not impervious to sleeping/knockout gas, then I still think that's a cheaper option. A potent narcotic that circulates through the vessel that holds his cell will put him to sleep if he tries to exit. He might fear losing a limb or body part if he attempts to leave.

Such a facility could be built almost anywhere. It's best to have backup energy supplies ready in case of a power outage.

tell everyone what he did
disconnect from financial system

I don't know if that would be lawful in any country, especially if the guy shows no signs of being hostile.
Both very good, but if anything goes wrong and breaks (and we are in the south pole, shit WILL break) the janitor would need someone to come and fix shit, maybe even more people at once for an extended amount of time. Also the phaser could be the one disrupting shit sneakly to force people to come over and get out, and to do that they would need some kind of transportation the phaser could use to escape. Also for the sake of the game let's say the justice system must abide by the law.
I honestly can't remember how it came out, i had the idee a long time ago and it came and went into my mind for a while and finally i was able to make a thread of it. It's still shit tho i should have though of it better then i did.

It really comes down to the conditions in which he has to "phase in" again. If he has to breathe, eat, etc. then it's simple enough.

If he can remains phased out indefinitely, then you just have to create conditions around him in which he can't phase back in again. Ideally the end result would have him floating in space out of the effective reach of Earth's gravity.