What made you decide to record this record reel-to-tape?

>What made you decide to record this record reel-to-tape?
>I think it makes my voice sound better. I’ve got a lot of frequencies going on. There’s something about recording to tape that does a greater service. Tape is magnetic, so it records an infinite amount of frequencies, versus digital, which is sixteen-bit. So if you’re really good at sculpting digital music, you can make it sound great, but I’m not. I learned how to record on tape. It’s just where I come from. There were some digital overdubs on this EP, and then we mixed it digitally.
Yeah, fuck digital.

Attached: weyes-blood-2019.jpg (850x564, 43K)

Literally nothing wrong with digital, I don’t get why people are against it. Especially Albini, he believes analog tape with will outlive digital files

>Albini, he believes analog tape with will outlive digital files
prove him wrong, then.

surprise fact: u literally cant.

damn I thought the analog purist meme was long dead.

>tape records an infinite amount of frequencies
lmao sure

Oh that's why it sounds like it came out a very long time ago in some parts.

boomers gonna boom

crazy that she released AOTY

Some losers multiple terabyte drive of flac albumss will last just as long as a correctly stored master for an analog album

the only source of degradation for film rolls are literal cosmic rays, this -translated for brainlet- means these media literally record the visible and the invisible, the audible and the inaudible, beyond arbitrary cuts which is what digital does.

>I learned how to record on tape
guess thats why theres the preference tbf lol. just leave it for a sound engineer ffs

Wow, I’m glad we have all that inaudible music saved.

>that inaudible music
That's where you're getting the soul from! The magic transmits itself that way.

I think what she means is tape has an infinite sample rate. Pretty standard to record at 48kHz sample rate, good luck discerning any difference between infinite and 48kHz with human ear. Also digital can go up to 32 bit depth, final masters are reduced to 16 bit for digital distro / streaming. So thats completely irrelevent. I wonder if Rado fed her all this boomer bullshit one night when they were pulling GBs in the studio.

shit music regardless

so it's objectively shit because you don't like it? lmao kys

she's ugly

Attached: 1555293400868.jpg (480x480, 40K)

i didn't say that

>I’ve got a lot of frequencies going on.

What does that even mean. She has a very standard tame Karen Carpenter voice with maybe a 2 octave range at most.

Nigga pls. Album of the year.

Inaudible frequencies can affect the sounds we hear retard; look up what an LFO is

Is she Jewish
She's got Jewish eyebrows

She is trolling you autists

Lol I thought that was a hilariously pompous statement

are you for fucking real right now

She looks like she sucks a mean dick.

Attached: 1557114311194.jpg (713x611, 49K)

I think shes referring to the way she layers her voice a lot in her music

She is my girlfriend

welles bled :))

this is the gayest thing ive ever read. this is literally gayer than 2 men having sex.