Will it ever be topped when it comes to numetal?

will it ever be topped when it comes to numetal?

Attached: system%20of%20a%20down_toxicity[1].jpg (600x600, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxa0BneKsF4
youtube.com/watch?v=9nVvojfQVBY
youtu.be/pfrdJRXqICE
youtube.com/watch?v=MxPRhZ1whdI
youtu.be/aCgTdlhrQ3s
youtube.com/watch?v=DeCMg0cMUIo
youtu.be/0sboFDPugI8
youtu.be/q3t80VQrYUU
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ho_ZsIktaw
youtube.com/watch?v=66gSvNeqevg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Being the best numetal band is like being the smartest downy on the short bus. Not exactly something worth being commended over

Not numeral, just ran with numeral bands so they get improperly categorized

I would not cal them numetal. they are like Armenian genocide metal.

But Korn's self titled album released years before this and is superior

/thread

>WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT YOU ARE MY CHILDDD

Attached: rs-239586-20150417_zaf_bg3_385[1].jpg (3595x2655, 2.31M)

Its not nu metal retard

I feel like System and Deftones ran with the numetal crowd but really fall more into Alternative Metal. I love them both.

it's not even their best album
youtube.com/watch?v=fxa0BneKsF4

deftones were almost certainly numetal until white pony when they became alt metal

will it ever be topped when it comes to metal?

Bands like sepultura,soad,tool or deftones keeps getting called numetla but they are not

thats not steal this album

There are plenty better albums out there but this is definitely top 100 or even 50

System of a down is not numetal fucking retarded korn fan i bet you jack off to chester's bennington aka faggot's grave

disgusting

based scaruffi drone

>Iowa
>L.D. 50
>S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

All of them are shit
Soad is still not nu metal

you've never listened to science

Nu metal is a talentless genre
Soad does not belong there
Also saged

plebs will try to deny it.

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (513x515, 401K)

>Nu metal is a talentless genre
not true btw
youtube.com/watch?v=9nVvojfQVBY

>implying i give a shit about incubus
Perhaps... the other incubus is better youtu.be/pfrdJRXqICE

Mudvayne fucking sucks
Dig is their only good song
Try again nu metal poser

that's alternative metal faggot

Attached: abc.jpg (480x360, 17K)

People who listen to papa roach are poser plebs

>Dig is their only good song
not true btw
youtube.com/watch?v=MxPRhZ1whdI

Yes, because White Pony exists

Pls don't forget to sage
youtu.be/aCgTdlhrQ3s
Nu metal in a nutshell

I bet you think you're so coo listening to Korn don't you, you fucking stupid fucking cunt?
Guess what you shit, Last Resort is playing RIGHT NOW, and I am no fucking poser, true patricians realize how amazing Infest is.

The singing part is what makes it shit
Try again nu metal poser
Just fucking accept it
Nu metal fucking suck ass like you do

>shitty adult swim cartoon
cease.

Lmao faggot i hate nu metal
Fuck off poser pleb nu metal
Korn fucking sucks too
youtu.be/aCgTdlhrQ3s
You think your so cool listeninf to wee woo nu metal?

>You think your so cool listeninf to wee woo nu metal?
You bet nigger. Iowa is harder than your favorite metal album, I can gurantee.

Not even their best album. Self-titled is the best.

Pffftttttt hahahahaha ever heard of umm.... Death metal? Poser nu metal

>death metal
Iowa has shit ton of Death Metal influences.
People are too scared to admit to this.

>SOAD
>Nu metal
STOP THIS MEME AT ONCE!
They are experimental metal at best. The only thing I'll admit is some of their songs have parts that kinda sound like Slipknot, but that's really it. They never have DJ scratches or rapping!

Name 100 death metal bands poser nu metal
>Uhhh cannibil curpse an slapnuts? Also mudviyne 2 becuz dey growl in their sungs xddd

I find discussions in this board so pathetic and fun.
-You're a poser because you like x
-No, you're a poser because people who say liking x is for posers are posers
I've lost track of what is and isn't ironic

Korn debut has no real rapping either.
Nu-metal isn't defined just by rapping, Rap Metal/Rap Rock exists specifically for that, it is also with how guitar is played, where guitar is mostly for rhytm, something SOAD fits into.

Around the Fur was defiantly on heavy rotation back when I was a teenager.
Still listen from time to time, it's great.

Hey look at this

>Name 100 death metal bands poser nu metal
Why the fuck would I do that roflmao, I got better time to do than to name off some shitty death metal bands you dumb cuck.
Still yet to show me anything heavier than Iowa, and why is that? Because you can't find it, nigger, you're sweating, you're crying, you just can't do it, you failed.

Attached: 037.gif (500x281, 1023K)

Soad is not nu metal faggot

Its the only thing I agree with ol Piero about

my penis is heavier than iowa lol

i bet you don't have foreskin lol

>anything heavier
>shitty nu metal album thats nowhere near heavy
Its clear you are trolling. Im not falling for this shitty nu metal bait faggot
Also why do you have an anime picture saved on your computer

if i had foreskin my penis would be heavier than all the other states too!

Is it your firstime listening to nu metal?
God you are pathetic
At this point im just gonna ignore you
Also i can tell you are under 17

Kek, you just can't handle Iowa and I don't know, your insecurity over not being able to stomach Iowa is making me doubt your age.
I am sorry about your foreskin dude.

Attached: mth.jpg (318x313, 39K)

>still uses kek
Besides... Slipknot fucking sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=DeCMg0cMUIo
name a heavier and rawer song.

>Still uses dots
Man...that's really embarassing, kek.

Korn sucks and this is nowhere near heavy

Geez, I can see you listened to the entire song, impressive user, 9 minutes of a song listened to entirely in 2 minutes, you absolutely gave that a fair chance!

You are fucking retarded gay ass nu metal fag who only listens to fags that sings like a women and badly growl like a retard

Korn fucking sucks

Literally seething.

Attached: rf.png (439x386, 191K)

in terms of nu metal? I dont think so, no. The reason I say that is that I hesitate to call Tool nu-metal, they were definitely metal and definitely during the time period, and I would say they came out with two albums better than this one, but they were doing their own thing, not really conforming to the nu-metal stereotype? I'm not saying they were "major innovators" or "the first ones doing what they did" but they were definitely the only ones doing stuff like that when they were out. So in terms of traditional nu-metal? Yes, I think this is one of the best albums, maybe the first SOAD album comes extremely close but I prefer this one. But in terms of early 2000s metal in general? My pick would have to be Lateralus. (i legitimately didnt intend for this to be as long as it got wow)

The emotional breakdown at the end is interesting. Apparently it's real and the producer told the band to keep playing. Makes the emotion behind his voice seem more real.

Aside from the ending though, musically it's not doing much for me. Maybe it's just because I don't like nu-metal that much. I like Slipknot's Purity better.

Stop replying to this dumb ass thread and just sage

is lateralus even metal
that marked the point where they where full-on prog/art rock

It got topped 2 years before it came out

Attached: white_pony.jpg (567x820, 14K)

What? That one guy appreacited the ending breakdown and he was really nice and respectful about it, we are having a civil conversation, why are you so butt-blasted about that?
Also, your "sage" still seems to be bumping the thread.

not nu-metal.

It’s shit and the title track is a blatant ripoff youtu.be/0sboFDPugI8

There’s maybe 5 good Mudvayne songs and dig isn’t even one of them

nu metal
youtu.be/q3t80VQrYUU

Hybrid theory is a much better album lol

Yeah I would say Hybrid Theory is peak nu-metal. It's an incredible lightning in a bottle album. They could never replicate it and stuck to making bad music for emo kids instead

thisssss

Meteora, A Thousand Suns are better albums though

No fucking way dude, Meteora was noticeably weaker. Breaking the Habit is practically a fucking pop song

>Breaking the Habit is practically a fucking pop song
That's why it's their best song.

Never considered SOAD nu-metal.

As far as contenders for the pinnacle of the genre, I'd say either Hybrid Theory, Korn's Self Titled, Limp Bizkit's Three Dolla Bill Ya'll, or Deftones' Adrenaline.

Mudvayne's first album and Spineshank's first album are pretty good too.

Not enough white people rapping in the middle of a song for no reason for it to be numetal.

>bad music for emo kids instead
Emo kids like Linkin Park? Since when? Wouldn't they be listening to more "emo" genres like post-hardcore?

I would rank Tool's Aenima and Korn's Follow the Leader slightly higher.

>Tool's Aenima
More Prog than nu-metal.

Nu metal isn't rap metal, and SOAD has more half rapping than Korn ever did, who only did it on like...Blind, maybe a couple other songs, and even then it's really more like shizo mumbling

Uhm dude. I wasn't talking to you so maybe mind your own business? Thanks.

SOAD never had rapping on a studio album.

Half rapping. It's not intended to be rapping but it may as well be, since it's syncopated talking or mild rhythmic yelling, not actual screams nor gutural growling, or actual singing. They utilized that a lot through the bulk of their albums.

Give an example of "half-rapping"

Whether SOAD did or did not have rapping I still don't think would justify them being nu-metal. They seem too attenuated from the rest of the well-settled artists in the genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ho_ZsIktaw

I'll give you this much, Mezmerize/Hypnotize are not nu metal, but neither is Slipknot Vol 3 or any Linkin Park post Reanimation. A lot of bands intentionally moved toward a different style in the mid 00s, but the first three SOAD albums are without a doubt nu-metal, they have every thing needed to be, only thing different is the subject matter which was pretty uniquely them, usually avoiding the depression/anger/psychosis shtick in favor of politics and lolrandom

Nah. Korn, SOAD, Deftones, and Tool all shared the same fanbase back when they were innovating.

I disagree with the opinion, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Side note nice quads.

The shared a fanbase but Tool def doesn't fit in with those other three, they predate that whole sound much like Bungle, Faith No More, RATM, and other bands who probably had a lot of the same fans or had an influence on a lot of bands in "nu metal", to me nu metal is anything with that Korn template of average radio length rock songs based on funky drumming not old school metal drumming and with downtuned groove riffs, often a lot of Pantera esque "start stop" riffing as well, but no solos or wankery involved.

To me that's probably the biggest defining factor of it, that's why Metallica made a no guitar solo rule for St. Anger, that was the most noticeable difference to a lot of people I think on a surface level. Tool might not be on the same level of prog as say Queensryche or something but they're definitely a bit too wanky to be nu-metal on top of everything else, IMO anyway

What is the difference between nu metal and alt metal?

Certainly agree with how later Slipknot and LP albums are not nu-metal. I see what you mean in regards to earlier SOAD material. It's definitely closer on the scale to nu-metal in my book. I still see them as outside of the scene and more to do with timing (sort of like Disturbed aside from maybe their first album), but I respect the opinion.
>same fanbase means same genre.
I don't think having the same fanbase at a given time means the same genre. Just because I love Front Line Assembly and Nirvana does not make the former grunge and the latter industrial.
>nice quads.
I'm ashamed I hadn't noticed them!
For me, I'd say nu-metal has more downtuned guitars (note 7 string guitars and 5 string bass) and hip hop elements whether it be rapped vocals or turntables from scratches or sampling. Lyrics can be clean or unclean growled. Alternate metal is lighter IMO with no hip hop influence. Stuff like Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin etc.

Boomers like one of these synonyms and dislike the other.

yeah but I don't like Korn

Best nu metal band coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=66gSvNeqevg

>he thinks nu-metal = rap metal

Dumbass, rap metal has been a thing before Korn dropped their self-titled album.

Korn has hip hop influences on their first album in the same way many rappers have nu-metal (specifically Korn and Slipknot) influences on their music. But you are correct, they didn't rap.

BRBR DENG BRBR DENG BRBR DENG

Attached: image-placeholder-title.jpg (1200x675, 48K)

Mall emo kids liked nu-metal and post-grunge, as well as Green Day's sadder, slower alternative rock songs.

deftones are better

Nu-metal is a hybrid genre that spun off from alternative metal. It can contain electronic dance music elements (very early Slipknot had jungle breaks occasionally), industrial elements (arguably Static-X), hip hop elements with and without rapping (Korn, Limp Bizkit), etc. Listen to Liar by Rollins Band and Denial by Sevendust for alternative metal vs nu-metal, the differences can indeed be subtle.

Yeah Linkin Park especially kind of entered that "generic mallcore "emo" kid" thing after a while, wasn't too rare to see some tween fuck on Myspace with a band list like

>Linkin Park
>MCR
>Green Day
>Slipknot
>Bullet For My Valentine
>Marilyn Manson
>A7X
>Hollywood Undead

Etc etc, of course this isn't actually "emo" but as far as they were concerned that just meant wearing eye liner and combing your hair over your eye and they probably got called "emo" at school

I know MCR claims that they aren't related to emo in any way, but what else do you call the emotional post-hardcore (guess where emo comes from) on their first two albums? Not to mention the mix of that and pop punk for Welcome to the Black Parade. You know what emotional hardcore and pop punk makes, right? Emo pop.

This is my favorite song by disturbed desu.

My Chemircal Romance absolutely were part of Emo genre, their denial of it had more to deal with the context at the time, they didn't want to deal with the elitists, probably.

Roots is 100% a numetal album though.

>Linkin Park especially kind of entered that "generic mallcore "emo" kid" thing after a while
I never got that vibe from them. I mean the whole Hot Topic mallcore stuff was like Attack Attack and the numerous bands that followed them. Never heard any LP songs that reminded me of that sound.

As far as that list goes, I know what you mean. Getting called "emo" for liking anything that wasn't pop or rap was pretty common in my area.

Lots of emo bands claimed to not have anything to do with the name, especially in the first wave. Looking at you Rite of Spring.