How can people say "rock is dead" when this band is so successful and popular? This is today pop/rock, like it or not

How can people say "rock is dead" when this band is so successful and popular? This is today pop/rock, like it or not.

Attached: 1383074157891.jpg (768x432, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHNbHn3i9S4
youtube.com/watch?v=Zsaz72OBT9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was surprised to hear that they apparently have a comeback hit. I don't think I'm going to listen to it.

Nick>Joe>Kevin
These are facts

is this 2008 again?

they probably ran out of $

The jonas brothers and one direction. This is when rock started gettting stale and dying.A bunch of boy bands. But no balls or artistic soul like the beatles. Just pop music but with faggots.

and then they go away and get replaced by "rock" bands with even smaller non existent testicles, like imagine dragons and fun

Nick and Joe Jonas have had hits for the last couple years

Unironically The Beatles of our generation.

Attached: ab35a3ae21fb2ea6e613e61a2c694c6b.gif (283x300, 90K)

This

I'm sure somebody considered the beatles to be faggots at the time as well

dude. can you imagine the only thing you have known your whole life is fucking frank sintatra and jazz. and the beatles drop rubber soul and revolver
christ, jobas brothers are some castrated disney cucks. The beatels were lads from liverpool. Started their careers doing speed pills and playing in post war german strip clubs

youtube.com/watch?v=pHNbHn3i9S4

I AM SUCKER FOR YOU

Surprised? Really? You're surprised that the Jonas Brothers have reformed after having a go and doing their solo stuff and failing? Groups like these are the most predictable when it comes to getting back together.

They're not rock though. You should instead look to great, huge bands like Muse who are selling out stadiums. And you should look to the indie music scene with all the new great bands. The Jonas Brothers are pop and are promoted that way. They will never play rock festivals and things like that. They're nothing to do with rock i'm afraid. Even if they came out with a more guitar-based song.

If you're not in the charts, you're not relevent. Iron Maiden too are selling out stadiums, it doesn't make them part of the zeitgeist.

They're no longer in the charts anymore because they don't get promoted like they used to, which sucks.

And I bet if any rock band did get more promotion and ended up higher in the charts, you'd be one of these idiots that shouts, "Sellouts! Radio rock!" and the rest of the bullcrap.

Another great popular rock band is Twenty One Pilots.

>you'd be one of these idiots that shouts, "Sellouts! Radio rock!"
No I wouldn't. I would be happy for them.

I'm sorry for assuming you would be one of those idiots. I just seem to think most rock and metal fans are like this nowadays.

>They're no longer in the charts anymore because they don't get promoted like they used to, which sucks.
That's because they're old as fuck.

Older musicians were promoted back in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Have you ever watched Top of The Pops? You might not have if you don't live in the UK. But there was much more of a variety of different music on radio and in the charts. And everyone wasn't young, good looking and singing about the same shallow crap.

There are plenty of young indie rock bands that could easily chart if people actually knew about them. The band 'The 1975' seem to be one that have kind of broke through but still haven't properly.

Then why can't I seem to find ANY modern rock band that I actually really enjoy?

Because you have the soul of a boomer.

It seems like now even the most mediocre and unoriginal rock bands like Greta Van Fleet are highly praised just because there's no other good rock artists to compare them to.

Everyone acts like you should respect them just because they play instruments

1d is the beatles of our generation

Because you don't actually give it a chance. You're probably older or a similar age than many musicians and you feel threatened by them and don't want to enjoy them. Download an album by a band you're not into and listen to it on repeat every day and see how you feel.

You need to actually give it a chance instead of just coming across the odd song and writing off as shit. You'd be saying the exact same about someone like David Bowie if he was releasing his songs as a brand new musician today.

Indie bands are far better. I've got the music channel on now and this is a great song that could easily get high in the charts. Give this a few listens. British band been on the go for a while:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zsaz72OBT9s