Itt: pleb filters

itt: pleb filters

Attached: 6583853839397.png (970x962, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HS2Ahm2EpL0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 60158722_2333751429979567_6001273028636311552_n.jpg (750x418, 29K)

Ha based showing the normies some good music

ha based showing normies the back of my phone

IM genuinely impressed Mac managed to make something this unfinished and forgettable this late in his career. Most artist would have to mature or get better at their particular sound but not Mac

Every album he did sounded exactly the same. There wasn't much growth at all so this is hardly surprising.

Man, mature people don't get the pussies

>Listen to music made by a Chad
>Expect it to please him

This new Mac Demarco is the strangest album yet.. weird, slow, experimental.. but I love it. I've been seeing a lot of negativity toward it that it's "low effort" because of the minimal approach to the instrumentation but.. I don't think that could be farther from the truth.

Will you date me sweetie(of course you're a woman)

as a mac fan this album is kinda ass
for of a demo tape than an lp
its also got maybe the lowest production quality of any mac album

not sure how you could think of it as experimental...

*lo-fi hip hop beats start up*

The thing about minimalism and this album is that he doesn’t bring anything new to the table. The instrumental are comatosed and just barely giving off a pulse and yet there’s nothing to replace it. It’s like Nick Drake without the songwriting and talent or guided by voices with out the creatively and grit

I get what you're saying but there's nothing remotely GBV-esque about HCTC. plz leave them out of this

Attached: bob_pollard.jpg (238x358, 24K)

That was what This Old Dog was. It was pretty simple but there was more depth, diversity and creativity going on. At it's best HCTC sounds like a slight continuation of the ToD sound but there's just too much dull songwriting. Stuff like the title track and Choo Choo hint at some experimentation but ultimately go nowhere (seriously, both songs are just one riff and vocal line repeated ad nauseum, it's fucking ridiculous) and everything else is just repeats of stuff he's done before.

I'm not saying it's a horrible album, I think some of the songs are genuinely great (Finally Alone, K, All of Our Yesterday's, Heart to Heart) but even then they're still pretty lifeless.

>experimental
The only thing he experiments with on this album is seeing how far he can test his audiences patience. I'm not kidding either. That's literally the boldest move he makes with this album. I can't think of another artist who would have the balls to make an entire 3 minute song of one riff and lyric repeated over and over and over again and then put it as the fucking album opener.

youtube.com/watch?v=HS2Ahm2EpL0

Attached: 1532299893199.jpg (200x200, 8K)

>In his studio between drags on a Marlboro, he registers concern that some of the new material might baffle fans who are only in it for the love songs or uptempo ones with sing-along choruses.
>Thinking for a second, though, his worry fades. “Maybe that's what I was going for on this record — I don't really know. Maybe I was confused myself.”
mac hates his fans

Showing your Friends their favorite song one month before It becomes their favorite song

Mac's demo's and makeout videotape era work are what I would have chose, the lo-fi production of them just fit his lazy vibe better, and also have more going on somehow. Also the lyrics aren't literally the same line repeated for 3 minutes straight.

oh shut the fuck up the poor dude is an alcoholic at this point

based and probably true