What does Yea Forums think of Billie Eilish?

What does Yea Forums think of Billie Eilish?

Attached: billie-eilish.jpg (1050x1575, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBIWEOYE1Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=JeMmUglv6wA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fake edgy
>fake deep
>fake woke

How fucking long is this gonna go on

Attached: corporate-sellout.png (935x599, 492K)

she’s ugly

Attached: 7380841F-6E2E-4B1F-AEEA-3CB758986A8F.jpg (480x480, 40K)

I can't even bring myself to really listen to her music properly because her aesthetic seems like a forced depressed, anti-social but not really, average outcast schtick. Add to that the fact that her family is essentially the perfect setup to becoming a star...

I just don't have much respect for music that isn't coming from a place of passion and artistry, and something about her music seems manufactured to an extent. I guess I could feel bad for her, I'm sure her music is very meaningful and special for her, but it just doesn't come off as that.

What I have heard of her music is pretty ok. It's fine. It's pop. It'll be popular and then some other pop artist will evolve her sound just enough to win over her audience and then she'll become niche. Maybe, just maybe at that point we'll see what she actually does want to make. Until then she's an aesthetic edgelord who sings over her brother's production and is marketed by her parents. and she wears gucci and pretends she has some bedroom pop aesthetic like fuck off

at least she's making people woke to the fact that asmr qualities have their place in music and help develop emotional connection.

3.5/10.

Literally who cares about how she or her label promotes her. Just take her music at face value and if you don't like it just don't talk about her

LMAO that is one of the most truly ironic things I have seen in some time. You can't fake authenticity, paid for by calvin klein. get the fuck out of here fuck you

Attached: consuemrs.png (152x238, 53K)

Is it for money? Are they just trolling? Do they just want (you)s? what the fuck is the shills endgame?

Her song is boring but I liked the mashup with the Plants Vs Zombies theme.

Hired by the industry to take the heat off Clairo

This is Aubrey Plaza in disguise.

Why not tell us why her music has value to you? You seem like you want to defend her but shutting down criticism rather than debating it seems rather limp.

Also, music is more than just the notes. There's an aesthetic, a presentation, it's about the message just as much as it is about the music itself. How does the music then further that message? What does she mean to you?

This would be hilarious.

Then, clairo will finally seem edge of the ring counter culture truly bedroom pop.

but i find aubrey entertaining and genuine

>well established brother gets her onto same label as himself
>brother "co-wrote" entire album
>also produced the whole album
>lyrics about shit she has never experienced but makes it seem like she has
>gimmicky look

Ive never even listened to her. I just see people here complaining about her for reasons other than her music. There are countless pop stars to complain about yet you single out Billie for no specific reason other than to just vent

What's edgy, deep, or "woke" (politically conscious) about her music? I listened to her album and thought she was trying way too hard without any substance.

Doesn't help she and her bro rip off underground hip hop. Like I'm supposed to believe a little girl who grew up in Hollywood is coming from a place of sincerity when she's essentially LARPing as a poor kid from Dade County Florida.

I'm so fucking tired of seeing this bitch. Is she really that interesting or compelling that she warrants so many fucking threads?

Because she's being pushed HARD about being amazing, unique, voice of a generation, "scary music that people have never heard before" when actually she's a total nothing that is just like all the other pop stars.

I have actually listened to her music and I thought it was boring overrated trash.

I want to fuck these white girls until they're crying

the OPs of these threads get paid 36 cents every time they post about her.

If you think "woke" means "politically conscious" then you're the least fucking "woke" person ITT and need to fuck off immediately

Regardless of how you define it, it's certainly not what I would ever call Billie.

ayyyy nah bruh you tripping 131LL1X X1L1SH is dead ass a real south florida hoe mane dis bitch be thicc as fuck.

Attached: 155589215484382689.webm (428x240, 646K)

why are her eyes always half closed

Appealing to Asian men

Annoying cunt that should fuck off and die

Everything about her music and image feels forced.

That's because it is.

>What's edgy, deep, or "woke" (politically conscious) about her music?

She sings about feeling suicidal (when the party's over, bury a friend, listen before i go), laments the destructive drug culture (xanny), her own self-destructive feelings (my strange addiction), female empowerment (you should see me in a crown), etc. etc. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she isn't the things you've listed.

what psychological reasoning can you figure that might be?

Not a fan shes a bad guy

Idk probably compensating for racial inferiority tbqhwy

Can't stand her music. Other than that, I don't think about her at all.

>real hot

Fuck off incel loser. Nobody cares.

She didn't write any of those songs by herself. The lyrics she's singing are not hers.

Literally

She'll get a face tattoo on her 18th birthday.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a "plant". Many great artists have been plants. "Authenticity" is a meme, recording something on your own in your room doesn't inherently make your music better.

Attached: 1547093882522.png (1024x1016, 2.19M)

Industry Plant Eilish

Yes

>"you can't fake authenticity"
>paid partnership with Calvin Klein
JUST

World's worst case of whale-cum-teh-meh-kettttschen voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=DBIWEOYE1Ps

I want to kiss her lips tenderly

Whats wrong with being sponsored? It's a good business move. None of you guys would ever be good at managing/promoting a band

Attached: W.jpg (1464x2232, 1.91M)

Product endorsements are usually the result of artists needing some extra cash to pay back the debts they've accumulated from their labels. I wouldn't be surprised if Billie and her brother are millions in debt to Interscope given the massive amount of payola/promotion she has, and how her record didn't sell nearly as well as projected.

The people you see complaining about her on here are actually paid shills made to promote her. Not even Clairo got this kind of treatment, she just got a bunch of waifu posts.

Pretty sure labels are the ones who usually pay the artists not the other way around

Everything the label gives the artist the artist has to eventually pay back through royalties. So, a label may sign a new artist for $1million, get them all sorts of publicity via interviews, pay radio stations to play their music, etc. BUT all of that has to be paid back by the artist. Labels don't sign you unless they know they can make money off of you.

Are you sure? I don't think this is how it works

>be molested
>molest white teenage girl

Tranquilized Gorilla

She sounds fine here and her timbre is beautiful. What the hell are you complaining about?

I find her music incredibly dull.

She'll kill her vocal cords in three years if she keeps singing like that.

She’s just some privileged suburb kid from LA who’s parents (who are actually in the music industry) helped her out, just like Julian Casablancas. She cannot and is not depressed, and none of her songwriting is genuine. I feel she and her parents are manipulating her young and vulnerable audience.

Her parents are probably living through her success. Very typical of stage parents. She and her bro were groomed from birth into being actors/singers/dancers.

Also, they’re fucking vegan according to her wiki. Her whole family, living off her success

Who cares. The Beach Boys were the same thing

I hate her and I want her life

>fake (You)

I finally gave in and listened to some tracks of hers yesterday with a friend and we were appalled by how bad it was

It wasn't even fun to make fun of. It just straight up fucking sucked. The singing and lyrics were mediocre and sometimes cringey and the music was incredibly pedestrian and my friend and I actually had to step back and just consider how low the musicianship is of her producer/brother. Like he just has the most basic understanding of modern music trends that it just barely gets by as being a coherent song. But the keyboard playing is like hearing someone who doesn't know how to play it being told to make a song with it. Actually childish melodies/chord progressions and not in an endearing Beat Happening way (who are actually a really good band) more in a "man this guy doesn't know how to compose music does he?" kind of way.

I get that she's a super young artist and has a lot of fucking listeners and attention at the moment but I don't like what she does. It just bums me out, I'd rather listen to anything else.

I got the impression her brother treats writing a song the way a student treats a school project. A lot of his lyrics are very cliche and sound like he's trying too hard to sound poetic when it just sounds lifeless. Billie's singing is pretty bad, there's nothing remotely special about her voice. I think she knows this which is why she tries way too hard to stay on key during live performances.

For me, it's Ocean Eyes

Attached: 1555223408050.jpg (655x368, 24K)

I fucking hate her face. She knows she’s playing everyone. She knows she should be getting her stupid suburban vegan face shoved in the shit-stained toilet at school, getting severely made fun of for being so fake, that’s what she deserves, but she doesn’t get it.

In my experiences a label puts down say, 50k, every cent earned from sales goes direct to label/whoever put the money down until the 50k is paid back THEN you start earning your however much %.

That's the industry norm.

Speaking for myself, undescribable things

it's two amateurs who made it big by appealing to THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR of what sounds are trendy right now. I think that's how they'll be looked at in a few years.

Even YouTube commenters realize this.

Attached: ytscrot.jpg (720x368, 24K)

>highhandedly trolls the entirety of Yea Forums
pretty based

Listen to her more than once. It's the type of music that grows on you.

What is so bad about wanting to feel individual? I bet you are the same guys who shame people for listening to music critics like Fantano

I don't get the hype desu. Her music sounds like the rest, but if people really enjoy her music who am I to judge.

How much are Denzel Curry and Vince Staples being paid to shill this girl?

no it's not, it's the kind of music I immediately forget and never want to hear again.

I like some modern pop music, if it's well written I'm into it. For example I like that song Elastic Heart by Sia *a lot* but that's a well produced song, has some personality, great vocal. Billie's stuff doesn't compare for a fucking second.

Billie gets stellar reviews.

Her music obviously appeals to edgy girls between the ages of 12-16. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is to the point where people who listen to XXXTENTACION are aware of it.

Billie is the female replacement for X, so yes.

yeah so what when did I say I cared about music journalism, it's the biggest joke of journalism

Sports is better, other types of art reviews are better, film, literature, even news has a higher standard of writing and critical thinking than music journalism

i kinda like her
i think her new album is the best pop release of 2019 so far

This will haunt her.

youtube.com/watch?v=JeMmUglv6wA

stop asking please