What killed Nu Metal?

What killed Nu Metal?

Attached: 1557630398238.gif (180x104, 229K)

White masculinity became illegal in pop culture during Obama’s presidency.

nu metal died/declined before obama

Nu metal was shit from day one. It was a bad idea. People realized that.

LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

You're wrong

It was a natural product of it's time when edgy content like Springer and South Park were still relevant. Spiking your hair up and wearimg Jnco Jeans was not only acceptable but in style.

The garage rock/faux post-punk revival of the early 2000s. Bands like The Strokes, Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, White Stripes, and metalcore/hardcore/scenecore bands like The Black Dahlia Murder or bands like Dragon Force or Coheed and Cambria etc.

BRBR DENG

I did.

The aftermath of 9/11. I was in middle school and remember how radio stations (including rock stations) felt compelled to stop playing "angry" music out of repsect or some shit. Not really a surprise how emo took off around 2004ish.

>popularizing a genre that thrived in the underground
yeah sounds like a good idea what could go wrong
>grunge
>hip-hip
>jazz
>metal

This

People got tired of edgy alternative stuff and wanted friendly garage rock shit like The Strokes to play at bars and clubs

>It was a natural product of it's time when edgy content like Springer and South Park were still relevant.
That sort of edginess isn't dead because it's le wh*te it's dead because it's line-towing, and honestly not even edgy by today's standards.

Same thing that happens to every genre. People get tired of it and then later on other genres take influences without being the same thing

at a certain point in the late 2000s the coolness factor of liking bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park etc had a coolness factor of zero. do you know how shit their music was around this time? Korn was doing remixes w/ Dem Franchise Boyz, Linkin Park were doing Transformers soundtrack anthems, I don't even know what LB were up to. The only band who had some merit and artistic integrity left were SOAD and they only stayed culturally relevant because they had some songs on GuitarHero

Slipknot is the only Nu Metal band that survived and has even thrived up to this day. Prove me wrong.

go fuck yourself you hysterical cocksucker

It killed itself

What the fuck did I just read

Performative wokeness killed nu metal. The 2010s saw “soft science” academia jargon get introduced to the mainstream. topics that used to be seen as pedantic and pointless to talk about outside of scholarly groups reached the public consciousness. as new media outlets such as gawker media began publishing articles about nonissues like cultural appropriation, many talented nu metal acts faded into obscurity. the unique fusion of rap and metal used to be a staple of white music, now bands like korn and linkin park are laughed at and treated as a barbaric thing of the past. white rappers are a persecuted group forced to make music on their computers confined in their bedrooms. Performative wokeness killed nu metal

Attached: EFA6C96E-B12E-44BE-BC3E-B09D10BDB77E.jpg (1008x567, 481K)

9/11
Loud angry shit died after that

This is why I wish the Columbine shooting and 9/11 never happened. Literal reasons for why pop culture went to absolute shit during the first half of the 2000s.

Coheed and Cambria are a Prog band m8
They even sound like a shittier Mars Volta

Same thing that killed eyebrow piercings: generation X graduated college and realized they needed to get a fucking job.

Also, for the record: every nu-metal band wishes they were Biohazard and none of them even come close.

Linkin Park was the death knell. "Let's make nu metal as radio friendly as possible!" Labels made sure you could buy it in Walmart and it fucked off as all lowest common denominator shit does.

Thank you for using a different picture