That’s it. I’m sick of small-minded shitheads attacking this album...

That’s it. I’m sick of small-minded shitheads attacking this album. Without pulling some loose strawman bullshit like calling it a Jesus Lizard or NIN or whatever copycat, what do you actually hate about this album? Because as a studied noise rock fan, I think it’s fucking amazing.

Attached: 89B683AF-56D1-4D20-82D3-BC76AC04CDD8.jpg (320x320, 20K)

this is literally the most abrasive rock album of all time.

I haven’t listened in awhile, but I don’t remember anything close to jesus lizard or big black. Just post rock with loud noises?

I wouldn’t go that far(drunkdriver’s s/t is my pick) but it’s surely up there. I mean what kind of idiot without just being contrarian can deny the screeching dynamic guitars on this thing?

don’t even consider myself a fan of noise rock or rock and thought it was fine. I only listened to it because of all the whining on this board to see what was up.

they don't play aggressively at all, they just put a bunch of effects on it

It's so frickin abrasive! I love the abrasiveness

Abasedive

I mean it’s definitely not post rock by any stretch, but they clearly have been influenced by Jesus Lizard, esp on their s/t which is my favorite album of theirs and one of my favorite of all time.
I can respect that, and especially if you don’t normally toil in these genres I get giving it a shot, but if you are interested in this kind of music I highly rec giving it another shot/listening to their more high octane s/t record

I hate that you faggots keep spamming this mediocre shit every single fucking day. Go KYS. Thanks.

Is this post unironic? Please tell me how the guitars on Flammable Man aren’t incendiary at all, do tell. This album has nothing to do with the effects which are mostly pretty minor, it has to do with the assertive guitars and pulverizing drums

lmao small minded.

It's not so much that it's a poor man's jesus lizard, it's that Alexis Taylor is a poor man's David Yow. When you stack this against their earlier hydra head records when they were much more grindy and mathy, it pales. It's not that I hate it, it's that I see all the genetic markers of albums/artists that have come before this and done it not only better, but authentically. Go flip through Amrep, Load, Skin Graft etc. and you'll see what I mean. The fantano drones are fucking idiots with no contextual understanding of noise rock beyond whatever melon has imparted to them which is probably next to nothing. This record being spammed every other fucking day like it's some sort of noise rock gold standard is an absolute joke.

I like the part where it's abrasive

Calling me small minded won’t help your case and a smart man like you can clearly see why I took the approach I did, given all the terciary bullshit this album gets from people who didn’t give it a shot.

That being said, I completely understand and have listened to almost all of your proposed picks(they’re all good but I disagree that any of them have shit to do with Daughters)

It’s dangerous to start hating things or admonishing audiences against a band because some commercial shithead speaks highly of them. The worst thing you can do is react one way or another to a fantano review in any way, it should have nothing to do with your evaluation of the music wether inherent or all-encompassing

god i can't tell how much of this thread is ironic

why isn't it post-rock desu

Attached: file.png (1480x1554, 655K)

Do you need to be so abrasive?

i had to quit mid way because i was getting a head-ache... too god damn abrasive! went back to listening to twin infinitives

a lot of times people make fun of it because of the retarded following it gained, people praising it as the most unique and "abrasive" piece of music ever. whether you like it or not, most fans of this album probably saw it on rym and went "whats noise rock" and proceeded to write long pretentious reviews pretending to like it

The trials and tribulations of navigating this shithole
There are some post-rock inspired sections like the melody of Daughter or the meek scaling of Ocean Song but overall it’s surely not anywhere close to a tag

I remember when Yea Forums was championing it as album of the year. Then Fagtano went and gave it a ten and the rest is history.

>whether you like it or not, most fans of this album probably saw it on rym and went "whats noise rock" and proceeded to write long pretentious reviews pretending to like it

I would like to think that most people here Are convicted and wouldn’t accept some uninformed rating. While some claim ignorance and refuse to mark their stake, some are just out of luck.

nope. people were trashing it already, only rym pseuds turned their backs

No one really thinks it's bad. At the end of the day it's just pretty good, not great, and people mostly think it's overrated.

For me personally, I don't think it's great because it's kinda repetitive and one-note. The composition itself is kinda unoriginal and uninteresting (usually predictable verse-chorus structures that never give you anything you haven't heard before).

post-rock relies heavily on mellower atmospheres and is more sparce than Daughters generally are

o_0

I don't hate anything about it and it's just been given meme status because Anthony gave it a 10. When it leaked, a lot of people were already claiming it to be AOTY.

shitposting aside, this album is pretty fucking abrasive

it hurts to listen to ouchy ouch

check the archive retard
based

Harrowing too

bros i can't be the only one seeing this shit right?

Attached: wtf.jpg (1056x666, 193K)

what the fuck did i miss? didn't this album come out around this time last year?

no?

you missed daddy fantano siking mooplebs into impotent contrarianism and revealing themselves to be the laughable fools they really are

Attached: FANTANO98v55tv 8969.jpg (1114x714, 143K)

whatever,6 months, the point is mostly the same