No one can really compete with Autechre

No one can really compete with Autechre.

Attached: Autchre-OffTheRecord-Banner[1].jpg (1276x504, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fQHJ9s5WHPE
residentadvisor.net/features/2756
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not when they have a computer dreaming up their songs for them.

This has never been the case and they have laughed about it in interviews maybe a decade old.

Autism is not a competition.

umm...
youtube.com/watch?v=fQHJ9s5WHPE

>The face of autism in electronica

Attached: 2a782cbc7c2bd13662ae9331ad50bac7[1].jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Um, ok
residentadvisor.net/features/2756
>A lot of what they wanted to talk about was heavily involved—their music, after all, no longer uses instruments as such, but impossibly complex code, programmed in MaxMSP, allows the sounds to emerge from these processes. But they clearly want people to understand what they're doing. Indeed, every time they dive deep into the nature of their programming process, or the use of AI to generate music, they immediately follow it with a vivid analogy that not only clarifies what they're talking about but punctures any sense of over-seriousness about their processes.

I feel sorry for you

>But looking back to the likes of Confield, where you were well documented as being users of generative software like Max/MSP..
...Well, there was only 3 tracks on Confield that had Max sequencing. It’s ironic, I mean Pen Expers was made using a minidisk, like by pausing a DMX drum machine, I could go through the whole album and be really boring. But there’s only 3 tracks on there that are really generative really. It just gets massively overblown because people think it’s dead interesting, but it’s not is it? To me it’s just like a bunch of arpeggiators plugged into each other, going off and we’ve been doing that since Lego Feet days.
>I guess it makes for a good Sound On Sound interview though…
Well they loved it, I mean those screenshots, I mean, come on!

Indeed, still the stuff of legend on too many internet forums, folk trying to work out what you have running in your computer task bar.

This is fucking great

yes, plenty do including many releases by aphex twin, squarepusher and jega's geometry is on par with their best.

If you think aphex twin or squarepusher sounds anything of autechres more current discography you're fucked. And I am a huge fan of aphex twin and they're obviously fans of eachother, but its apples and oranges. Autechre excels far beyond aphex twin in using effects as instruments and abstract moments, aphex twin has exceled in a place of catchy melodies with interesting hardware. Autechre was in a similar realm as aphex twin but those days are gone. My point is Autechre took a path and they are so far away from paths that are chosen in multiplicity.

Attached: 7468c988c83121607e53ffc328a807c2[1].jpg (640x626, 49K)

clearly you have not listened to enough aphex, etc. and are exaggerating ae which is very often even more simplistic albeit sonically indecipherable.

I've listened to all of both. To think I'm exaggerating is evidence that you're retarded and don't know your ear trembling from your asshole aching.

why don't you slam your head into a wall really hard, maybe that will get your point across and make you more right.

No, he’s pretty spot on. I think even James would agree.

Why don't you actually listen to music.

lol samefagging yourself in defense of autechre on a mongolian death board

You sounded dumb enough

Attached: no.jpg (800x294, 48K)

Mommmmmmm!!!! They're saying my precious Autechre is not the number one uniquest, bestest ever! Tell em to STOP!!

Literally gobbledygook, ramblings of a psychotic

jesus christ you are really desperate

I love Aphex Twin, I listen to them both a lot, that's how I know they're different. Maybe try the same.

Are you 12?

I'm 28.

Attached: nts.jpg (2189x3385, 2.67M)