Do people really listen to Nine Inch Nails?

Do people put on their albums and listen all they way through or just signal about listening to him (them)?

Attached: nin.jpg (1000x515, 108K)

i've listened to the whole NIN discog

TDS is a good listen front to back

NIN is decent but one of the most overrated of all time, just like Deftones and Tool and RATM, they are in that middleground of being edgy and also not actually scary enough to offend normies

I think more people were into NIN shirts for the longest time, while at least half of them had no idea what it meant.

Liking the music was very secondary to wearing the brand

nin peaked at their first album

>their

always exciting. apart from Ghosts which was shit, but was an audition for doing soundtracks i guess. even when selling out he made a classic. whatever

the downward spiral is probably my favorite album of all time. i listened to it hundreds, if not thousands of times when i was younger

What do you have against Nine Inch Nails, OP?

Ghosts could have been amazing if it wasn't an experiment where they made a song every day.
If they took that sound and focused on an actual album then it could have been the best thing since With Teeth.

Their entire discography has value, even ghosts
Their new eps are amazing honestly
Whats your favourite track on it, user?

Is he trying to look like a Beano character?

Spoken like a true faggot that gets his jollies from field recordings and michael gira farting in a bath tub audio files

Lol this was me in HS with the Ramones seal shirt. I thought I was hella cool

I started with TDS but didnt really clicked the first time. Weirdly enough the one that got me was Warm Place, but that is basicly a David Bowie cover. Then went for The Slip, still not paying that much attention to the lyrics. Then Add Violence came out and it made me pay much more attention to everything. That is when TDS really clicked. The whole story and the way it evolves in both sound and lyrics is amazing. Its hard to not listen to it from the 1st track to the last in a row.

Then yeah all the rest is great too. The Fragile kind of got a bit busted for me since it showed up so much in trailers and movies back in the days. Still havent heard to Year Zero.

PHM is fun too, even if it sounds more poppy and dated the intention in the lyrics is there already. Same with Purest Feeling.

So yeah, really like it and listen to it.

Listen to "Things Falling Apart" in a dark room all the way through with good headphones

I love listening to his pre-00s work, and sometimes the current trilogy, but Trent hasn't really made anything massively outstanding in a while.

NIN was a huge band in the US when I was younger. Got played out on the radio so fuckin bad but I still don't mind them.

Did trent fuck your mom op?, Sorry about that, but yeah they got some stans, ive never listened to an entire album tho lmao

They are my favorite band of all time and I litened to all of NIN's albums at least millions of times.

NIN is total garbage. Deceptively good and enjoyable if you're in high school and have limited knowledge of music.

Yep. Some neat studio tricks for people who are unaware of what songwriting is, and a reasonable attempt at making Skinny Puppy and Ministry even more bland.

Trent is more of a marketing tool than an artist.

Blending industrial music with pop-rock was kind of ballsy for the time.

It's easy to throw buzz-words, but it's funny to try and act like NIN albums don't have amazing song-writting.

I guess so, in the same way that Limp Bizkit were ballsy for blending shitty metal with shitty hip hop.

It's easy to claim NIN has any well-written songs, but there aren't any.

>le ebin ripped off Skinny Puppy and Ministry meme