stringtnsionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musicthory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frdua.com/guitar_craftpdia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3HYv5qEzPePqXOBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPags/Luthiier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nueUDxxQYO8ipUoVeqw

old thread:

Attached: 43623632984_530238A973.jpg (642x641, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fnvtTsBhj4M
youtu.be/7asb8z8_zN4
sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBassCV60Blk--squier-classic-vibe-60s-jazz-bass-black
clyp.it/ypoapkjp?token=c235928c21658b7c1263554d6c6d3ff6
vimeo.com/255129979
youtube.com/user/MaxxxwellC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

Attached: CUv7232UAAAzpuQ.jpg (480x800, 59K)

Grilling and showing my spic father frank Sinatra and Louie Armstrong. And I practiced guitar for 2 hours. Excellent day

Attached: 20190511_174825(1).jpg (1936x2582, 641K)

Jewish manlet dago strikes again.

Absolutely based

Attached: 03db717ec36cd616d5af46b244b4b66818db7395_hq.jpg (355x1024, 66K)

>grilling
>calling your own hispanic/latino father "spic"
>Sinatra
Get a load of this gringo.

Fuck offsets. I live being American

Attached: 20190511_175208(1).jpg (1889x2647, 986K)

i kno rite

Attached: nathanielshannon_daughters_bkbazaar_IMG_0056.jpg (1593x1255, 258K)

It's a socal thing.

Sounds like a good day, bro. I just dicked around the house, watched Rugby earlier and the Indy Grand Prix(best race I've seen in a while), welded up a ramp so my step dad can use a hand truck to load his trailer he takes camping. Been practicing limb independance on drums and and sippin moscow mules. Those bacon wrapped jalapenos look good.

Trust me I know. I live in socal and theres plenty of boomer mexicans and el salvadoorians who love spending their weekends grilling, listening to shitty metal/oldies and drinking cheap beer. I just hope I don't turn out like that.

>salvadoorans
Yeah that's not what Mexicans in socal call them or anywhere else. Shit larp

>rent free

Lol not larping. Wtf am I supposed to call them. I've never actually heard them being referred to anything from a third person perspective. I've only heard them refer to themselves.

POST MADE IN MEXICO GUITARS

Attached: 1522799110786.jpg (1996x2504, 748K)

Fuck offsets

Attached: 15576246804764948288981367377039.jpg (4160x3120, 3.83M)

>he's never gonna make it because he doesn't own a Gibson

Attached: laughingbakagaijin.webm (750x804, 441K)

>only a Gibson™ is good enough
That's accurate.

Attached: 1549402580032.jpg (4605x960, 3.64M)

WTF I PLAY HANK WILLIAMS AND MY MOM SINGS JAMBALAYA IN SPANISH AND MY DAD TELLS ME HE MET HANK JR IN L. A. IN THE 80S... THAT'S PRETTY DOPE.

Attached: 20190426_104931.jpg (1134x1747, 733K)

Just bought a guitar and was wondering if you guys developed carpal tunnel from it? Had a bad case like two years ago when I worked a shitty job for about a month. My hands and shoulders had this peircing pain at night but thankfully it went away.

Right now I feel like my hands are developing carpal tunnel again(pain and tightness from midway down my forearms after use of phone, computer, handtools etc) and am worried that the guitar is going to excasserbate it. Am I just being a pussy or is this an issue among guitar players.

Your form is obviously wrong if you're getting carpal tunnel from guitar.

Only retards will. You literally can't get it from the guitar unless you have terrible technique

I haven't played it yet. It's coming in the mail in the next few days. I'm just worried that my carpal tunnel will get worse once I pick it up.

if it hurts while you are playing - stop immediately. if you are getting carpal tunnel residually and it is amplified by playing guitar, you are probably genetically predisposed to be more prone so i would advise talking to a doctor and/or stopping

Where can i find no-style qts like clairo lads?

Attached: Alcazar1.jpg (213x304, 15K)

>he's never going to make it because he's a bedroom dweller playing a dead instrument
Ftfy

Based. Its what the best have used.

Attached: 1545082434210.jpg (2048x1362, 277K)

Is the Yamaha C40 II Full Size Nylon-String Classical Guitar a good guitar to start out with?

Les Paul standard, or Epiphone dot fellas?

depends what u like, if you're a big boy you might like the dot

Clairo just isn't controversial anymore. We should move on to Billie

Anime girls sure love their Les Pauls

Might stop being a faggot and just get a strat.

You meant to say start, not stop.

Recommend me hetero guitars.

Acting like a down to earth plain jane very much is a style though

Guitars don't have genders or sexual preference.

Single bridge humbucker and one volume pot

>confirmed for faggot offset player

Never even held one.

Attached: $_86.jpg (1024x392, 39K)

We're talking guitars, not women

Absolutely demolished.

No.

>offset women
You like em with Scoliosis ?

I like em in wheel chairs but beggers can't be choosers

So they can't get away?

They still try but I keep a pistol for that.

Why ?

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

you

fa/gg/s

Hey bros, i’m close to ordering a MIA strat... do you guys order online (for that fresh product) or pick up at your local guitar store (to know how it handles)?

Attached: 24E75BBA-FBE8-4673-ACBC-86A6B1B10C09.jpg (959x666, 144K)

ayy

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 174K)

Everything today is CNCd, so they all feel the same.

your strings wouldn't kink on the tree if you didn't wind them backwards.

Attached: 60339806_1089654077890130_4068129023463522304_o.jpg (1638x2048, 557K)

I rarely buy new, mostly used that I come across in person. I do buy online, but never if I can't return it(aside from stuff sold dirt cheap as-is). If I get it I do a setup to my liking and see how much I enjoy it. If it's just a shotty guitar I send it back for a refund or replacement. Search for deals. I bought an amerocan strat for $300 because the guy tried to do a phase mod and fucked the wiring, as well as breaking the trem arm off in the block. Took me about 40 minutes to fix it. For the price of a new trem and a tech you'd still come in at least a $100 or so under market value of a used one. I get why people buy new guitars and cars but by just owning one you lose 40% of the value.

Wow, the worst bodytype with the worst pickup config

Attached: 9325080020.jpg (394x406, 83K)

They couldn't even make the glue joint down the center.

Is no one familiar with this? Does it even matter what the starter guitar is?

>Is no one familiar with this?
No. No one has ever played that mass produced guitar.

blind?

There's a good chance no one in this thread has touched it, not really hard to consider that.

Get a decent starter guitar. Most people tend to go cheap, but it's proven that people stick with it more if they have a decent first guitar. Bad cheap guitars can lead to frustrations. Get a decent guitar and spring for a pro set-up.

Dude just go on reddit and look up tge guitar

Attached: any_colour_you_like.jpg (2860x1000, 261K)

You might be if you disagree. It's easily between .150 and .225 off.

You realize the pic is at a slight angle, right?

out of those i like 2. 5 is cool too.

No shit, doesn't change the center point.

All pretty boring, butterscotch should be a solid finish. If you choose black or sunburst kys.

What's the key for the mega link?

It changes your perception of it. Learn geometry.

Look at the screw for the middle saddle, look at the glue joint. We're talking less than a 1/4" off but it's still noticeable.

Yes, because it's shot at a slight angle. It changes the perception. One (the screw) is closer to the eye (lens) than the other (the glue joint). Changing the angle changes the perception.

I can't tell if you're retarded or just pretending but it doesn't really matter. Find that guitar and put a set of calipers on it.

Stay ignorant. I don't care.

>i don't care
>responded
Stay blind

What's your guys opinions on f holes

you need glasses and a ruler.

I went with black

Attached: 256_tele.png (489x423, 61K)

>tfw your online retailer only has black and sunburst.

based post sis!

Attached: 9F0D8728-7514-4784-B0BE-37040DB78FF0.jpg (720x859, 56K)

Black and white guitars always remind me of those sweaty mexican kids in those checker pattern vans shoes

>ruler
We're not cutting construction paper, get on my level.

Attached: verniers.jpg (500x500, 12K)

You watch too much anime. You don't understand three dimensions any longer.

>tfw that's practically me except no Mexican

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 2.12.28 pm.png (1929x1083, 1.96M)

There's a lot of things I like about that setup.

>spending $2000+ on equipment with something you can replicate for free in garageband

Thanks fren, me too

Wrong! Not even close. I got the Leslie (which is a 1970s transistor Hammond I chopped down to an amp cabinet) for $50 and the 1965 Hammond just visible on the right side is a proper tonewheel Hammond (same model Rick Wright can be seen playing on Live At Pompeii) I got for $100. All the other stuff isn't very expensive and I've been cobbling it all together for like 20 years so really it doesn't add up

Attached: hammnd.png (662x3805, 2.74M)

I'm an electronics hobbyist. This actually gave me some cool ideas to mess with as far as rotary speakers go.

Noice. You better come back and post something when you do!

Attached: hi_five.png (493x402, 5K)

It'll be far off in the distance. I only have a radial arm saw right now so it's a pain in the ass to rip plywood for a cabinet.

Yeah but where's your gibson? I bet you have an epiphone, fag.

Attached: yooi.gif (344x344, 236K)

fair enough. but, if in 6 months i see something i'll check if its you

i looked this guy up and he's not a virtuouso, more like a poser who compensates for a lack of skill with too many effects. i'd go as far as saying he can't actually play guitar and just has a gibson to use it like a fashion accessory.

Ur an f hole

He can hit completely random notes really fast. If you do that and call it art, you're good.

(YOU)

Why do people jizz themselves over les pauls when they're completely inferior to SGs?

Attached: 1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-0ab554f92b59efaaae25880998c26a4f.jpg (2012x3200, 321K)

I don't come here all the time but if I'm doing things musically I come here to chill out. Long post autist who likes to drunk post, I'm here to shit talk mostly. If I get something cool I'll break my rule about posting identifying things here since I did get the idea from you.

SGs are the original Les Paul, zoomer.

Cool beans man. It's nice to have projects to work on!

Hell yeah, keeps you moving with down time and keeps you from being obsessed in busy times.

Probably poor wording on your part but SGs came out after the OG LP. They were originally called Les Pauls though.

You got it right.

at what point did you upgrade from your first shitty squier/epiphone/firstact?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 22.40.34.png (987x602, 787K)

>start cheep
>after a solid year or two upgrade
>after another 3 years get first really nice/expensive guitar
>get older, busy, full time job, stop playing
>trade/sell guitar
>eventually get a cheep guitar to noodle around on every few months

Attached: Mail_Timeline.png (1000x558, 77K)

I've been playing guitar on and off for about 10 years. I mainly learned what I know from a family friend and reading tabs. Long story short, I suck. I try to write songs but they always sound boring and uninspired compared to the music I listen to. I just want to write good songs. They don't even have to be complicated (one of my favorite songs is just two chords). Lately I've been considering starting over on a new instrument like bass or drums. Is it worth it or should I stick with guitar and try to erase 10 years of bad habits and sloppy playing with lessons?

Attached: 1557168529559.jpg (500x341, 98K)

Do both, expand your knowledge. You just need someone to play with.

Been out of the loop in the pedal business for a while. I recently found out about the green russian RIs, so I sold my giant NYC BMP and ordered a green russian RI. Looking forward to it and left a spot for it on my new board. I really like how compact it is.

Attached: DSC_0050.resized.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

>small muff
>mini crybaby
>sd1
Good shit, I get a lot of use out of those.

bing bong

Attached: 47586337_607014899712664_5532160634898013409_n.jpg (320x267, 20K)

Yo I want some of y’alls opinions on this. I’m thinking of making my own strat with warmoth, and I was wondering what you guys think of the color scheme. I want it to be an emerald or like actually good color green with a gold pickguard. The controls and pickup casings would be cream. It would be like pic related but a more bright and less brown gold, and a brighter green. I was also considering a cream pickguard and gold controls since the bridge and input jack are gonna be gold anyways. Is this just faggot shit to you guys or do you think it might be cool? Honestly I think it’s great and something that isn’t super common. Any suggestions or questions are accepted and I’ll take any advice since I’m pretty new at this

Attached: FBAD202F-3C0C-4313-B1FC-75D4B4D3D398.jpg (1000x1349, 157K)

Ackshully it's an OD-3. Great pedal, I recommend it over the SD-1.

Get a Cordoba c5

How do I get into jazz. I know it involves a ton of theory but I'm cool with the time it will take to learn

>he doesn't own a Gibson™ Les Paul in Heritage Cherry Sunburst

lol I guess you're just a loser ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: Cx3sQ64UkAE2YPC.jpg (917x770, 86K)

Art Blakey
Wes Montgomery
Charles Mingus
Grant Greeen
Chick Corea
Herbie Hancock
Bill Evans
Sonny Sharrock
If you can't get into any of them then you probably will never like jazz.

shit user I'm an idiot, I meant how do I get into playing jazz. Never heard of Sonny sharrock before tho so I'll give him a listen, thanks

>not even the best gibson colorway

Attached: MV5BOTJlN2M1NzctNzRmMS00ZDUwLTliZTYtN2FmNWVlOTFmZDVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1NTMyNzM@._V1_.jpg (1280x960, 79K)

Really just listen, get the feel and emulate their playing. Chord building and substitions(like playing a c major over a minor 7) play a major role. Check out Rick Beato on youtube.

Also, inversions and block chords. Comping is a big part

jazzmaster or telecaster for midwest emo sound
i fucking hate the telecaster body

Attached: squier-squier-deluxe-jazzmaster-st-rosewood-finger.jpg (683x1024, 64K)

>Gibson Les Paul Custom in Natural

based

Attached: (D) Les Paul Custom Natural (1).jpg (783x1044, 209K)

You wanna be a star don'tcha? Then Baritone Jazzmaster.

youtu.be/fnvtTsBhj4M

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 129K)

that thing sounds so stupid lol just get a bass with tiny strings and get it over with

>glue joint is centered
Based

thanks bro, I'm gonna look into this some more

youtu.be/7asb8z8_zN4

I need your help anons, Ive been playing bass for 1.5 years and dont know a shred of music theory. I keep getting discouraged because of how fucking huge the subject is, where the hell do I start learning?

Attached: 3ad40efd61ec923daa2c7277802f7a38.jpg (400x711, 33K)

I'm a bassist in a metal band that plays in C standard tuning. Can I get a five string and have it setup at half a step higher? C F A# D# G#

Learn how to read music. It'll introduce you the ideas of keys, note values and time signatures. Stuff you're already somewhat familiar with but this will out a name to the concepts. Then learn melody, then harmony. Stuff you already know, and it will be boring, but they're fundamental. Rhythm falls in their somewhere too.

this boutta be me after buying a $1500 guitar

>i can afford it because i have a job even though i'm a hobbyist musician at best

Attached: s0UWC6V-JREjp-cMBvFz34uMke7lp1uFK98K-K2Gc0k.jpg (473x473, 19K)

I've been playing cheap guitars my whole life and then I borrowed my brother's $2500 American Strat and ho lee fuk. You just have to THINK it and the guitar makes it happen. The guitar legit made me improve like 3 steps as a guitarist.

You could, using the next lightest strings with a good setup.

We're all hobbyists if we're not making a living off it, by definition.

>You could, using the next lightest strings with a good setup.

Yeah, that's what I heard the bassist from Dethklok would do for that tuning. I'm tentative about picking up a five string before finding out more.

Way out of budget.

>We're all hobbyists if we're not making a living off it, by definition.
i mean hobbyist in the sense that i make $0 dollars from it
whereas guitars in the $1,000+ range are probably better suited to live musicians or people that actually make money off of their instruments

>$2500 American Strat
wtf?

Attached: 1521842017543.jpg (601x665, 173K)

>whereas guitars in the $1,000+ range are probably better suited to live musicians or people that actually make money off of their instruments

or rich hobbyists like Derek Savage

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Black & Tort?

Why do I see so many indie guys use a tele instead of a strat? I thought that you can get pretty similar sounds with a strat middle + more.

idunno man, he bought a lot of shit all at once i dont know how much the guitar alone was

Attached: shrug.jpg (500x327, 19K)

What are the odds someone on reverb will buy 2 guitars i have that pieces of shit (old crate guitar i repainted terribly) and a jagmaster i put a wrong size neck on and messed up saddles

Eh, reminds me old furniture.

Not sure, but I play a tele because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. 3 positions and two knobs. Done. None of this 5 positions, 4 knobs and a whammy bar shit. I just want something solid without so many goddamned moving parts and combinations to fuck around with.

Attached: 6204a672df00c2a012acbb890a9171cd.jpg (547x720, 80K)

Do i need to teach you what they do?

Best way to start is to listen to it and absorb some of the core elements:

>passing tones
>swing feel
>playing through changes

Then buy a copy of the Real Book and learn how to play seventh chords, including different voicings, and work through playing the melodies and chords of some of your favorite standards.

After that, I'd recommend buying a couple dedicated books on jazz guitar soloing. The best books will break down what ideas are commonly used over which chords, and will have you thinking more about licks than scales (although having a good base knowledge of the 7 modes of the major scale is very helpful). Jens Larsen's book on modern jazz soloing is a great start.

Then start transcribing licks from some of your favorite jazz guitar solos. Jazz really clicked for me after I learned what to listen for from the books: I started hearing altered lines more easily, as well as faster runs and chromatic ideas. Use YouTube to listen to solos because if you really get stuck on a certain lick you can slow it down.

Jazz is pretty theory intensive but knowing some basics about chords and scales and having a well-trained ear will really get you started off right.

why arent there any /meal/ style jazzmasters? the body shape has the best upper fret access other than V shape. a hardtail jazzmaster with no pickguard and a flame maple cap/veneer would look/play great

You guys ever used a Squier Jazz Bass and can compare it to a MIM?
I was thinking about learning with something like this and just buying a nice USA a couple years in. Alternatively I could just buy MIM now.

sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBassCV60Blk--squier-classic-vibe-60s-jazz-bass-black

Thank you for the kind offer user but I'm good

Attached: img-thing_b.jpg (300x600, 36K)

kek

>retard even fucked up the mega link

Do you? Post it bro

Hi, my name's Eric. Guess I'm not a loser then.

Thank goodness!

Attached: eric-johnson-02.jpg (1286x854, 983K)

You know when people say it’s easier to get in a band and be acceptable at bass, is it a pretty easy transition from guitar or does it actually take like a year or two of dedicated practice?

t. never leave bedroom

He'll never post his gibson because he plays an ibanez.

Nice anime girl guitar, eric.

Damn y'all, it turns out guitar virtuoso Robin Finck of the band Nine Inch Nails plays a Gibson™ Les Paul Custom!

I guess only a Gibson™ is really good enough to be abrasive and experimental!

Attached: tumblr_mskizvv9jW1s726nxo1_12801.jpg (640x427, 52K)

Attached: 1281377386613.jpg (396x304, 11K)

is this like the only a gibson is good enough for anime girls thing where you're implying that les pauls are for fags

that dude can shred like no ones business

Yep, only a Gibson was good enough for Jimi Hendrix. It was definitely his favourite guitar.

I can't find this information anywhere. What are the typical funk chords that people play? Super typical funk rhythm playing. They're not barre chords, what is the chord shape? And what are some standard funk chord progressions?

The ugliest finish there is

Based

good enough for what?

Based

Attached: 1541638013584.jpg (1000x1633, 322K)

I’m sorry kid...
... but Fenders are stronger

Attached: 38E48AAF-3190-4CEF-8B4F-F1F7DF2DA14D.jpg (960x720, 41K)

Attached: 99ee5707225835c720a639184ac39849.jpg (510x370, 34K)

Attached: BIl0zly.jpg (3345x2251, 1.23M)

Gibbon? Who? Is it an ape?

Attached: _MG_7654.jpg (2427x5092, 710K)

After having a ~$700 guitar for years I've tried some $1000+ ones and it wasn't that much more amazing. Meanwhile another $800 guitar impressed me so much I might end up buying it soon, I couldn't stop thinking about it. When you know it's a guitar that's just right for you it's gonna make playing that much more satisfying.

Ok guys. So I want to buy one of the new 2019 Gibson LPs. Andertons seems like a good website. The spring sale has made the LP Studio 2019 more affordable. Is this a good site to buy from? And is this a good time to buy a guitar from the new line-up? Should I wait a few months or a year first?
Yes, I am fully aware that I am a retard, so any comments to that effect will not be helpful.

Begginer advice- if you want H-H guitar, go for G400. It's cheap, build quality is great, it plays great, looks great, sounds great and it's more classy than superstrats

Attached: IMG_20190303_222542.jpg (1504x2008, 289K)

Do I buy a Squire or MIM as my first guitar? (£150-200 difference)

Also not sure if I should go for a strat, jaguar or JM.

Any money saved by buying squire will just go towards MIA when I am good enough.

If you want JM go for Squier J Mascis signature model. If not, just go to a guitar store and decide for yourself. Vintage Modified series is about as good as MIM, it depends on which brownie made ylur guitar, so you gotta test em first.

MIM
Try out a strat, a jaguar and a jm in a guitar shop through an amp and see which you prefer

The 2019s are looking a lot better yes. I've heard nothing bad yet. I looked at one at my local music store and was impressed by it compared to recent years. Its gone straight traditional style LP again which is how it should have been for a while. I heard good about Andertons, as far as I know they usually stock above average guitars. The Studios are usually cheaper and you can find them used cheaper as well but they still hold value decently well even if you buy new. You could wait til next year if you wanted, good chance a few used ones will pop up at some point.

Thanks. I always see thing about squier being as good as mim stuff but I don’t believe that can be true surely because why would they even bother having a mim line, it’s like those guys saying mim plays pretty much almost as well as a mia which would mean that squier = mia.

The MIM jags don’t have that rhythm/lead circuitry and idk if that’s a big issue since I’m not in position to use it a whole lot rn. I like the sound of all of them which is why I’m not sure what else I should think about so I’d appreciate any help.

Try all 3 if you can.. they're quite different. The Jaguar is a shorter scale so it plays quite a bit different than a Strat or JM. MIM is really solid for the price point, I think its worth paying up for. The Squier used to be a good deal when the Classic Vibe series was cheaper.. but they've since gone up in price. The Fender always holds value best and is easiest to sell used also if you decide to upgrade/replace down the road. Also MIJ Fenders are really good too, you can find them used at good prices and they are high quality.

Thanks for the help, man. I haven't bought online before so wanted to make sure it's a good deal.

I know they weigh each of them and take pics of each they have in stock last I heard. I would get the one you like the best in terms of weight/look. I think 9 pounds is the ideal weight on a LP but sometimes they're lighter or heavier.

Play the songs you listen to.
Play the other instruments.
Record jamming and before/after sleep to fish for ideas.

Learn which scales you're playing on and why they work. Learn what someone else is using for a scale to get a more outside sound. Play these scales with one or two tones then play them over a drone string. Write in guitar pro to get a taste of sheet music and meter.

Will learning guitar help me to understand music theory and be a better musician than bass?

Not really no. Theory applies across all instruments.

Its easy.

The only easier way would be to be a solid drummer or full singer songwriter.

That shower ring baritone is worse.

What’s easy? The transition or getting in a band?

THOSE MICS
IT'S LEMONBRO
record any good trees lately? I think you were the one who showed me that setup ages ago. glad to see you're still around

Boy to girl

What does Yea Forums think of steve terriberry?
>hes a great player
>but also onions incarnate

I saw a couple of his videos a year or so ago. Easily one of the most obnoxious person I've ever seen. I think people finf it funny, I have no idea why. It's lower than annoying orange tier.

Would putting expensive components in a cheap guitar (say a squier bullet) be like polishing a turd? Should I upgrade my first guitar or get something more expensive?

Attached: 1557543789464.jpg (560x560, 316K)

One is cheap to do. Results can be close if you're lucky and good at set up.

Yes it would. I'm currently turd polishing a squier bullet. As long as you accept that you will spend more on it than it's worth

WHAT THE FUCK GUITAR RERANCH IS STILL CLOSED

Yeah, in the end you still have a shitplank. Its rarely worth it. Better off saving up for an actual nice guitar. Keep the shitplank for other occasions.

Squier tele or strat or Yamaha Pacifica?
Pls respond

Tele

I've been doing this pattern quite a bit this week because it's fun. Is it good for training, or am I wasting my time? I'm a shitty player so I can only play it consistently on 8th at 120bpm.

Attached: ex1.png (493x422, 5K)

yamaha
I've seen squiers, liked yamaha more, it doesn't feel like a student instrument

Pacificas have superthin necks

Yamaha if that's all you can afford.

got a top-of-the-range washburn in my mid teens

BUY MIM

>Would putting expensive components in a cheap guitar (say a squier bullet) be like polishing a turd?
No. A good pickup makes it sound much better.

buy an Ibby RG instead

I uhh dont have these anymore for uhh like a decade

Kek

>kaka
fixed it for you samuel

I've been playing on fender for 10 years, and I kinda want to switch.
Would a 1995 Gibson Nighthawk be a good choice? My old guitar teacher had one, and I liked the unplugged, fat sound it made.

Should I buy parts from Warmoth and make a guitar lads? Any reason not to?

You sound like a retard good luck

Just source actual fender parts fromcraigslist or offer up. Will be cheaper and still be a parts caster

Do you get sefl concious when you see child vituosos? I used to, but then I realized that being innovative and good songwritter will get you much further.

MO I feel bad for the kid because while I was outside wrecking shit that kid was getting lessons that their parents paid and forced them to take.

You’re so poor and lonely jcum hahahah

>mfw you retard talk about gear like girls and shills, and not actual guitar playing

Attached: 1546966033816.gif (460x258, 3.73M)

Does anyone else here have lots of trouble actually demonstrating the picking pattern they use for faster licks when asked to slow them down? I feel like i have no trouble blazing through the fast licks I know without paying almost any attention at all to the picking pattern but when asked to demonstrate it at a slower speed I get confused. Is this a bad thing? Am I too ADD? I do try to make them as clean as I can.

>Bullet
Yes it would. If it was at least some mid range squier instead it could be worth upgrading.

better keep flipping burguers a little longer and buy a better one.

I mean when it comes to learning licks I almost always tend to lean towards economy picking by default. I have recently tried to enhance things by replacing some parts of it with alternate picking but I just dont see any benefit to the sound. I just dont understand how and up stroke instead of a down stroke can sound any better when doing two down-strokes in a row is so much easier and fluent.

Oh shit! Nice to see ya man. I hardly spend real time around here anymore but occasionally. Nice to see someone still hanging around from those days. Haven't done any new field recordings in awhile now actually, just over a year probably. So damn busy these days, and I've moved like 6 times in the last year as well. Once I settle down a bit I'll get it happening again!

Attached: lemon_fgf.jpg (214x195, 14K)

how do i get into american primitivism? i've already learnt poor boy long ways from home by fahey but can't find anything else that is beginner friendly

Attached: 1555369730875.jpg (255x253, 9K)

It be like that

>"people" pronounce it tell-eeeee
>the original word is tell-eh
>not tellycaster
why are guitaitsts so retarded that they can't even comprehend language?

Attached: soitrap.jpg (544x680, 50K)

Go back to whatever country you came from, English obviously isn't your first language

Attached: 62a.jpg (500x392, 32K)

>is wrong
>can't even argue his wrong point
>you live in america i assume

It’s weird how the appliance is called a television but the English call it the Telly.

what if you want a neck that isn't machined from a fine maple baseball bat?

tonewood doesn't matter so no

fender designs are made to be cobbled togehter

shell pink mint guard poo ferro strat

yes or no?

Practice picking patterns and just yeehaw it up

>literally the worst variation of english on the planet
>trusting the brits to do anything right
there's a reason they haven't been relevant since the early 1900s.

>Strat
No.

What is the best fender guitar type?

Whatever you like. As a beginner I would opt for the Tele since its more simple and has superior tuning stability until you learn to make sure of the bar on the Strat.

no one good plays a tele

Sure, but it renders your point moot. English speakers have been doing that with abbreviations for decades, and it has nothing to do with guitarists.
You're just sperging some really retarded bullshit, which is why other user thinks you're not a native english speaker.

1 and 5

rate my shitty solo

clyp.it/ypoapkjp?token=c235928c21658b7c1263554d6c6d3ff6

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>be American
>get shot

Attached: 1547230987566.gif (400x500, 1.04M)

Wow. That tells a lot about your taste in music.

none of them really

>neck heels shaped like bricks
>fretboards made from old baseball bats, but recently, cricket bats (how modern)
>still using zinc alloy frets lmao
>"yeah but that's how they did it in the day"
>stops using rosewood, uses pau ferro

>stops using rosewood, uses pau ferro
>uses ebony, an even more endangered wood in their high end guitars

based fender

You have to be really good to make something sound good with a tele.

All that to say
>i disagree
Who's the one sperging?

Attached: A3M7bIrB4hDPR5KDw56Amw_r.gif (500x465, 493K)

>which shitplank is the best

Hipsters and nu-metal guitarists say it's the telecaster
Wannabe boomers say it's the stratocaster
Girls prefer the mustang and jaguar
Guys who pretend to be girls will tell you to get the jazzmaster

Men? Men play gibsons.

Gibson

Do any of you guys favor guitars outside Fender and Gibson or is it only those two you care about?

fuck I was thinking jaguar but I have a peepee

ibanez, PRS, etc are too good to find faults with so it's hard to shitpost about them without looking like an idiot trying to force a bad meme.

only gibson and fender are retarded enough to shitpost about. and somehow, dean. nobody knows how dean manages to fuck up so badly even though they're outsourced to a factory that makes perfectly fine guitars.

MIJ ibanez and american PRS are basically flawless. And then you have gibson, which will charge you $2000 for a left handed guitar with the pots wired backwards by accident, and fender, which is, uh, bad because they make stuff that's retro even though it's very well made for the price you pay?

I finally did it, bought a RS620. My first guitar. Now how do I use this thing?

My American pro has a thin neck. Get a job and play actual guitars kid your guitar hero controller ain't gonna cut it

1. post pics
2. remove the kaka from the inside

>RS620
You glide your penis against the strings for 30 minutes everyday.

the baseball bat meme is about fretboard radius because gibson has 12" as a standard and fender's flattest is 9.5"-14" compound

that's it

Good job dude.

OK? I have both and both are comfy

does classic music on an electric sound shit?

Classical guitar? Yes.
Classical music in general? Depends. I find a lot of baroque sounds realy good if arranged right.

Can you play well? If so, not necessarily.

erik satie kinda stuff

Just a matter of preference. Personally I find wider necks easier to play, but I have large hands.

What is the point of a classical guitar? What benefits are there? Are there special techniques for playing classical?

Any good/interesting exercices for someone willing to play faster (alternate picking) and link pentatonic scales?

Attached: 1557504648980.gif (340x324, 218K)

It has a long history and forces you to follow a strict technique. I was classically trained from the beginning and it was the best thing I could have done. Most people give up on it though cause it takes a good year to get it down well but it pays off once you do.

it's a 50 yo instrument
it hasn't even been properly explored yet

>87713482
that thing looks like it's made of wax or covered in velvet what the fuck

anyone have this amp? if so what do you think of it?

Attached: DSL40CR-large.jpg (750x656, 80K)

4/7

>learning guitar isn't supposed to hurt!
>Thumb fucking sore from bars
Fuckin liars. I hate you

based
I guess this general isn’t full of manchildren or boomers after all

Doing it wrong

How do I practice transitoning to barre chords? I feel like I'm not making any progress

don't squeeze so hard. roll your index finger to the side to apply equal pressure without much force instead of using the meat of the bottom of your finger. Make sure your thumb is anchored to the upper-middle of the back of the neck, not running sideways.

>transitioning
bro just play them

I mean switching from open chords to barre chords

>bro just play them

That's just gonna be the case. There is no shortcuts or magic tricks* for instruments. You just practice and practice.

Fuck Hank jr. Hank the third pretty cool tho

Is guitar fun to practice and learn alone?

Am I locked in to certain tones and styles with a shitty amp and certain type of guitar?

Stop posting this shit

Just keep doing it til it works
>Am I locked in to certain tones and styles with a shitty amp and certain type of guitar?

90% of it is in your hands. Some gear does have limitations after a while and some gear works better with certain genres than others but anything can be done. You will play by yourself a lot yes

You sound jealous

>gibsonfags will NEVER be able to capture a moment as pure as this

vimeo.com/255129979

Attached: 1542050802323.png (371x353, 148K)

You sound insecure.

so just picking a guitar that I like the look of and want to play is pretty much all that matters?

Get a boss katana or an amp modeler of that sort. I don't know if I would play as much as I do now if all I heard was that ear piecing distorted sound from my crappy practice amp

Key for the mega link?

Great practice and fun is Buying a looper pedal
if you play alone. play your own progressions/rhythms/ and solo on top of it or play scales over chord. etc. Really help things click.

To add onto this , the guitar is the least of your worries in terms of tone, especially with a modeling amp, just pick the one that has pickups that you want.

Jimi was the shit, holy damn.

Basically yes. As you develop as a player you'll learn more what you like so it doesn't really matter what you choose first chances are you'll like something entirely different after a year or so or it might turn out that you just stick to your first choice.

what's the best guitar i can get for like less than 250 us dolars

Looks pretty good with the gold pickguard call it Lucky.

Yamaha Pacifica 212 should be around the $250 mark.

Depends on what kind of guitars you like. What body shapes do you prefer? Does it have to be a specific brand? But is all else fails, be a faggot and check out this YouTube channel:
youtube.com/user/MaxxxwellC
I've found a lot a solid budget guitars through this guy.

Attached: 1473706548807.gif (402x350, 75K)

I would say its best if you're going to go cheap anyway with something like MIM fender stuff.

his best song, also THE ultimate guitar tone

>tfw radio is playing that song that we both learned on our mexican guitars

boss katana ? more like boss kakana

Attached: 7MBfS3g.png (650x487, 571K)

Yo you dont even gig dude

I just spent 200 bucks on guitar parts from guitar fetish and stewmac

Classical guitar is really rigid, it's like playing another instrument.
You don't approach music the same way that electric guitarists do right from the beginning. We read sheet music which inherently colors the way we interpret it, instead of thinking of chords as a bloc we imagine them as separate voices meeting together on a beat.
We might play up to 4 moving voices within a piece, although 2 or 3 voices is much more common.
Our melodies are woven in and while one voice might have the melody one moment, another voice will pick it up the next.

The technique of classical guitar can be applied to a very expansive range of genres too. Contemporary classical guitar composers like Gary Ryan will make big band inspired pieces with lots of syncopation in the voices.

If you want to really learn the guitar as an instrument in the same way pianists/violinists do, instead of learning the guitar as a "weird sound conduit" like the electric guitar is renowned for, then I HIGHLY recommend learning classical technique on a classical guitar. You'll know all the ins and outs of the instrument because it takes playing to the extreme.

Is this only really viable if there is someone near you who can teach classical in person or are there online options free / paid / books that can be used for tuition? Obviously it won’t be the same level but just wondering.

I think it's much more attractive on classical guitar.
Nylon strings have a very beautiful, round, mellow sound when struck with the right ratio of nail and flesh.
Electric guitars, no matter how big of a string gauge you put on, have a very bright, tinny sound that doesn't sound correct when playing polyphonic classical music.
Much more difficult to get the volume of the voices to balance correctly.

sorry but I lol'd

I learned classical guitar on my own for about 2 years before studying at University.
Those two years were really sloppy, but serviceable for getting the basics.
Once I started lessons with a Doctorate, I was able to correct my attrocious right hand technique and progress was made at a stupid fast pace, owing to practicing 6 hours a day at the time.
I would highly recommend finding someone who is classically trained and has teaching experience if you can afford it.

The teaching experience comes in handy because the Teacher can communicate what they do, since they've had to analyize what they are doing in order to explain it.
Many people, even classical guitarists, just do what they were taught without stopping to consider why, because to them its rhetorical.(They have inmaculate technique but have never asked why)

NEW THREAD GUISE

Attached: 44205734_367641207314144_499879581420468538_N_.jpg (273x273, 13K)

there is a video of segovia where the mic its turning his guitar into an electric guitar due to the tech at the time

playing with a classical is basically a meme with the right pedals you can play a classical with an electric np

>memes about something being a meme
this has to stop