I've only been learning Japanese for 2 days and honestly, it seems like it's gonna be really overwhelming...

I've only been learning Japanese for 2 days and honestly, it seems like it's gonna be really overwhelming. I've gotten a little bit through hiragana and I haven't started katakana yet, but this seems like it's gonna take me a while to understand. Does anyone have any experience learning Japanese? If so what should I expect when I keep learning?

Attached: Japanese flag.png (800x533, 4.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S8zhnXZdTFM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't bother with it.

I’m from the future. Learn Chinese… trust me.

Im from the future's future

Learn Vietnamese

Why the actual fuck would you bother learning the writing before you can speak it

You can memorize hiragana in less than a week. Find some quizzes online to practice. Katakana after you master hiragana. It should take you like half as long. I spent 6 months last year studying for hours everyday. I still have a long way to go. Once you learn your kana and some kanji, it's really fucking cool to be and to just read Japanese stuff when you randomly run into some. Feels good. Make sure you download a Japanese keyboard on your phone once you learn hiragana. Helps practice a lot. You can also look into apps like Duolingo.

頑張って

The fuck do you know about learning a second language you monolingual shittard?

It doesn't really matter what order you learn it in. If I learn to speak it first then I'm going to need to know how to read and write it, and if I learn to read and write it first, then I'm going to need to learn how to say what I just wrote down.

china is projected to lose half their population by 2100. that's why they suddenly went from one child only to begging them to have three kids. so, the future is half the amount of chinese we have now, after 80 years of declining prosperity. why learn chinese? also, right now, they're doing their best to kill as many people as possible, torturing them over the stupid virus, making them starve in lockup. why learn chinese?

I'm currently using Duolingo. Should I write down hiragana and look at it every day to memorize it?

Also, I'm a bit confused when it comes to hiragana, sure I'll know how to read it and understand what it says in Japanese, but how am I meant to translate that into English? This is probably a really stupid question, but I am really stupid so I guess it checks out.

Once you get through hiragana, a bunch of things get easier.

Firstly, it gets a lot easier to pronounce every word, and conversely, to spell words you hear only once.

This is because every word is built fairly intuitively, from those basic building blocks.

Don't worry about katakana until you understand hiragana, because katakana is basically just hiragana in a different font (it's also only used for english/foreign words, so you will probably know what the katakana is referring to once you sound it out).

You will hit a roadblock once you try to start learning kanji. Before caring too much about kanji, focus on learning the hiragana spellings of common words (and hopefully their pronunciations, which should be easy once you understand how to pronounce each hiragana).

Godspeed user

If you wanna memorize hiragana, spend some time writing them on pencil and paper.

It is literally the alphabet, but a little longer.

>sure I'll know how to read it and understand what it says in Japanese, but how am I meant to translate that into English?
That's the part where it pays to figure out how to pronounce those words in japanese.

Google translate is a useful learning tool for figuring out what words mean.

Once you know hiragana, you can enter them in as strokes in google translate, and figure out what the word sounds like and means

I never write Japanese. I can read and type, but can't write for shit. So you don't exactly need to write of, but it could definitely help.

Focus on just learning your kana first, then learning vocabulary, grammar and kanji.

>projected to lose half their population by 2100
smh that's no good
how do we get to like 75-80 percent?

This needs to be taken with a bigass grain of salt. Google translate is a useful tool, but never forget that it's also shit and machine translating is shit, especially for Japanese. Japanese is highly context based and machines are shit at figuring out context.

Also, don't fuck about with strokes. Just get a Japanese 3x3 keyboard downloaded. There's ways to use a qwerty keyboard to type Japanese on a pc as well. Copy and paste is helpful as well.

誰でも本当に日本語が話せますか?

youtu.be/S8zhnXZdTFM

So basically what I've gathered from all of the helpful advice here is that I should master my hiragana, then katakana, and then other things will follow suit? Once I learn how to pronounce and spell words in Japanese, how does one translate them to English without the help of an online tool? I'm completely fine using an online tool, just curious.

Cute bat, very cool.

Cheers for the information.

Hiragana is the base that you will build upon. Katakana is literally just exactly the same as hiragana, but looks different.
Saying "things will follow suit" is an extreme oversimplification. You literally need to memorize every single Japanese word and also learn the grammar to put them together intelligently. It will take time. A lot of it. It's so fucking worth it, though. Very fun and satisfying.

lol. even tenda spencer refuses to learn Cantonese or Mandarin.

meanwhile, jakenbakelive and serpentza can speak Chinese.

Itt: weebs
You need to go back.
All fields

Attached: bb8.jpg (680x723, 31.59K)

I usually drop everything that I start within a week of starting it, so I hope that I'll actually stick to Japanese and get to a point that somehow resembles fluency.

fluency (true fluency) never comes before like 7-10 years in any language. If you're a native English speaker Japanese will be fairly hard to learn. Japanese does however have some perks with structure and vocab. There's a stat always passed around that japs get around using about 100 words of vocab in a day. Chink writing will be the biggest problem, Korean is the easiest to learn with an execption of like romanji. If you want to learn Japanese you're going to have to learn a fair bit of Chinese symbols that don't mean the same thing or sound the same in Chinese. Other than that good luck!

話せるよ。

Duolingo helped me stick with it. The gamification and leaderboard stuff is dece motivation.

How well can you speak, read and write Japanese just from DuoLingo? Everybody says that it'll teach you the basics but that's about it.

俺がスクールバスだったら人を食べるよ

Anyone here has a JLPT certificate?

I learned japanese shit for brains
Its easier to speak it first

I hate japan and japanese people, manipulative, sneaky obligating, using bastards.

jap: Would you like an ice cream?
Me: Yes.
6 hours later
jap: buy me 6 pack of Sapporo beer
Me: Oh no, I'm fine thanks
jap: But I bought you an ice cream earlier at the Aeon....
Me: That ice cream only cost 300 fucking yen you cunt but I see what you are doing here. You are trying to make me feel obligated to buy you something that costs more than what you paid for when I thought you were treating me to a fucking ice cream
jap: This is what we do in japan

I flew home next day

I mean, I didn't finish it, but it definitely helps. Doing literally anything with the language helps. I think my pronunciation is pretty good. My vocabulary is pretty weak, which is why I should do more Duo. Building vocabulary is a strength of Duo.

So you one up him. Buy him 2 6 packs and get him to blow you the next day.

誰でも means everyone.
誰でも話せる would be everyone can speak japanese.
if you wanted to ask if "anybody can actually speak japanese" it would be
誰かが本当に日本語話せる?

Watch more subbed anime. It supposedly works for every other weeb trash wannabe jap in this site.

I have a N2.

Bullshit

there's nothing in the world that tenda spencer hates more, then seeing a Japanese girl with a white boyfriend.

"My dad was too much of a loser to get a Japanese woman." - tenda spencer eurasiantiger, r/hapas
tenda spencer HATES being Chinese, he wish he was born 100% white or Japanese.

No, 誰も can mean "everyone", but is generally only used in negative sentences to mean "no one". みんな or 皆さん is what you'd like use for "everyone"
誰か is more like "someone"

Attached: 1523407732363.jpg (1083x578, 175.66K)

Attached: 1637992325279.webm (960x540, 1.1M)

Attached: 1584608432884.jpg (1024x1024, 109.48K)

Attached: 1636910888973.jpg (662x900, 61.15K)

nobody knows or cares who the fuck that dumbass is

Attached: 1636802728912.jpg (1061x1030, 387.44K)

he spams the board with low quality cringe bait threads. he posts in this thread too. he hacks and stalks everything. he's seething because Korean girls and Japanese girls love white men, but they HATE chinks.

This is the end goal

No
One
Fucking
Cares

Kids are a terrible fucking goal
Kids are awful and deserve abortion

How long did that take? What did you use to learn?

Attached: 01581800119362.png (759x635, 248.56K)

Around two years studying by myself. I use 80% books (paper), and 20% listening to Japanese variety shows. I try to limit my use of digital tools (like apps).

says the guy that failed N5

I've been living in Japan for 8 years now and I am decent at Japanese, I'd say better than the average gaijin, but with my bad points.

Learning hiragana and katakana should help you getting into the language. Hiragana is easier for us than katakana, and you will probably struggle with katakana forever so don't worry too much.

Without at least hiragana it will be a lot more difficult using study tools in my opinion.

One big advice, considering you're just starting, is that you should force yourself to imitate the pronunciation from the beginning. Don't be shy, don't feel dumb. One thing that is EXTREMELY difficult to change after some time is the pronunciation.
If you're from an English speaking country try to focus on getting the vowels right (every vowel has ONE sound. In English "a" may have many different pronunciations, some of them made of different sounds, in Japanese "a" is "a" like the u in "cut"). Also, try to understand how accents work, I hear many English speakers who basically stress every word in the wrong syllable.

Grammar is easy, way easier than most languages. Again, if you try to build a strong base from the beginning, you'll have less trouble in the future.

One thing you shouldn't care much about is difficult words. Keep it simple, keep it everyday life.

If you're basically gonna learn by yourself, try to do something you like IN Japanese. Play a videogame in Japanese. Or watch a movie, drama or anime in Japanese. It may be time consuming, but especially at your level, I'd suggest watching something you already know, that you've already watched in your language, and then watch it again in Japanese. It will be easier for you to pick up words and meanings when you already kind of know what they're supposed to be saying.

The beast teacher tho would be actual practice with a native speaker (or someone who is fluent). For that you should find online someone who's willing to talk to you in Japanese, even if you suck at it.

tenda spencer says that asian girls shouldn't be impregnated by white men, because the half asian sons will suffer from identity crisis issues, and they will wish that they were born 100% white.

Attached: 1617121940019.jpg (788x600, 132.8K)

Japanese culture is for weeks and gay or mentally ill people
Anime is for fags
Die

>for weeks
Try to finish high school first, you ignorant imbecile.

誰も means no one. It never has the meaning of "everyone".
idk if it was you or someone else, but that post says 誰でも not 誰も
誰でも means everybody or anybody.
誰でも歩ける anybody can walk
誰も飛べない nobody can fly

誰かis someone, and that's what I think was what was meant to be said in that post.
That post, as it is written, doesn't make any sense in Japanese.

Any books that you would recommend? Also how did you go about studying? Did you learn hiragata and katakana then just spell words with them? The whole translation thing still confuses me. Like how do we get from sensei to teacher?

誰か本当に日本語が話せますか
Makes a lot less sense. 誰でも is correct.

There's no magic conversion between the two. You just learn sensei/先生 means teacher, but there's generally not a one to one translation. 先生/sensei can also be used to refer to a doctor or lawyer or generally anyone with a specialized skill. It's mostly memorization to learn what words mean what. Once you've memorized enough, then you can start watching anime in japanese or watch dramas or something without subs and try to follow along.