Here Comes The Cowboy is the best Mac album since Salad Days. It's like This Old Dog if it were actually good...

Here Comes The Cowboy is the best Mac album since Salad Days. It's like This Old Dog if it were actually good. The blues and country elements make it way more memorable. I still miss his old sound though.

Attached: Mac-DeMarco-Here-Comes-The-Cowboy-00842812112638-1557507228-640x640.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/nobody-2
youtube.com/watch?v=7D_mo9DjyIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've gotta listen to it. Big DeMarco fan but actually really enjoyed This Old Dog.

Little Dogs March

Didnt even know there was a new drop

Honestly, I hated it. Just bland song after bland song. Gave me nothing other than the feeling this guy was storing his talent in his hair like some kind of onions Samson.

Why did you sage?

do most of his fans not like this old dog? might be my favourite of his, it really grew on me after the first listen. hopefully cowboy will too.

Probably just too juvenile to enjoy it. TOD is one of the greats.

2 > ying yang > Salad days

wonder what they'll think of here comes the cowboy. this old dog was slower than his usual stuff but it still had energy. this new one's a bit of a tougher listen.

For me it was the lyrical content as well. Probably his most mature/coming of age/personal album.
One thing I don't see anyone ever talk about is how Mac doesn't really use many of his usual tropes-besides the synth- like chorus effect on this one. I think it's almost entirely organic if I remember correctly. (maybe a bit of flare here and there but no super drowned flanger/chorus stuff)

It’s just... so boring

yeah i remember him really downplaying it at the time too, saying he was just talking shit, but you can tell it's more personal
preoccupied is a really nice song on this new one

He's gone downhill since 2, all his songs are the same tempo and have the same non Melody, it's like he tries to not write anything memorable

reminder that "boring" is a critique of the listener not the music

The video of him meeting his dad and being all "whatevz" when he takes off after briefly talking with him was the purest form of that. I want him to go full Mark Koz and make a melancholic ramble of an album. Being on his own label now I hope he just does something like/whatever he feels like at this point instead of entertaining the idea of catering to tumblristas. Not that he does that, but it would be a test to see if the urban outfitters crowd actually likes him or if they just like his aesthetic.

not true btw

Attached: images.png (303x166, 5K)

2 > Another One > Salad Days > This Old Dog > R&R Nite Club > Here Comes the Cowboy

It's nothing special.

Nobody and All Our Yesterdays are the two songs I like. Nobody is my favorite song of his in years and All Our Yesterdays just sounds like a Let Her Go kind of song but not as good.

The rest of the album sounds low effort to me and just like a guy who is a talented writer just fucking around. The quiet soft thing can only go so far and I think Mac has to to something new to keep me interested.

This Old Dog does have good songs by the way, these are all better than the majority of Cowboy
>My Old Man
>This Old Dog
>For the First Time
>Still Beating
>Sister
>On the Level
>Watching Him Fade Away

Old Dog is like a decent 6/10 and Cowboy is like a 3/10 for me

March on little doggy.

THIS

This Old Dog is a really good album, was never really aware a good amount of people didn't like it. Here Comes the Cowboy is wayyy worse to me. I would put TOD at like an 8 and Cowboy at like a 4. The only really good tracks are the ones he mentioned plus I like On The Square. The rest is all mediocre to bad, and very boring.

>he covers a bandcamp song
literally why
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/nobody-2

I'm really liking this album so far. Why're y'all not fans?

What a shit take. This Old Dog is flawless, this album is a 6 at best. Mac is past his peak and is just memeing us now.

agreed with everything except "sister" that song is very forgettable

This Old Dog had much better production and songwriting. Here Comes The Cowboy is a monotonous mess.

Only listening because my father told me it was good and its trash. RIP mac demarco

Update: Did he change All of Our Yesterdays? I used to like this song, and now I don't. Something is different. And I don't know what it is. What the fuck?

This guy fell for the "clean" production and no arrangement at all that normies praise so much

its still enjoyable and its really growing on me honestly.

Too many songs here felt repetitive and boring. Nobody is great though

I think he should move back to nyc when he made good music

True

Getting illuminaughty vibez off the music video for "On the Square"

heart to heart kinda sounds like astral observatory music from majoras mask

dont get all the hate its like a 7/10

It's not good, boring songs, two throw away tracks. Worst lyrics so far, awful publicity stunt to get people interested in him again.

0 guitar solos.

I like it, hope he gets better with the next one.

Attached: Alex.jpg (1200x795, 221K)

He recorded this not long ago, what happened? He just doesn't care anymore?
youtube.com/watch?v=7D_mo9DjyIY

why do people keep posting this image.. i dont get it..

also, i'm on my first listen and this album sounds pretty nice.. Yea Forums is just full of pretentious negative hipster contrarians who hate everything popular fuuuuck you