Best of 2019 so far

Post your charts or just AOTYs, maybe shine the light on some of the overlooked releases, rec, etc, all the usual stuff...

I like this year more and more. It was a bit slow for a while, but now it's blossoming. As always, not all of my current picks are equally great and some of this stuff won't stay with me for long, but I also always have some surprising growers each year and there's a lot of interesting stuff in my backlog, and it's just keeps coming every week now.

As far as lesser known stuff and general recs go:

Tenta - W.E.I.R.D. Subtopia
>art rock
for fans of: Radiohead, Toby Driver solo albums, Nick Cave
Austria

Crvi - Šta si to uradio?
>noise/indie rock
for fans of: Unwound, Polvo, Sonic Youth, Slint
Serbia

Laster - Het wassen oog
>avant black metal
for fans of: Ved Buens Ende....., Virus
Netherlands

Snow Ghosts - A Quiet Ritual
>art pop/darkwave/trip hop
for fans of: Chelsea Wolfe, Zola Jesus, Portishead
UK

Ioanna Gika - Thalassa
>art pop
for fans of: Bat For Lashes, Susanne Sundfor, Björk, Weyes Blood
US

The Riven - The Riven
>hard rock
for fans of: Black Mountain, Blood Ceremony (last two albums), Graveyard
Sweden

Vaura - Sables
>gothic/post-punk
for fans of: The Cure, Depeche Mode, Kayo Dot ("Coffins on Io")

Idle Hands - Mana
>heavy/gothic metal/post-punk
for fans of: In Solitude ("Sister"), The Cure, Iron Maiden, The Sisters of Mercy
US

Anonymuz - There Is No Threat
>trap rap
for fans of: Denzel Curry
US

Lucy In Blue - In Flight
>psychedelic/prog rock
for fans of: Pink Floyd, Camel, (early) King Crimson
Iceland

Attached: 2019-05-11.jpg (2016x1722, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

neverendingchartrendering.org/
doughgirltapes.bandcamp.com/album/the-neodisassociationist
illusionofdead.bandcamp.com/album/kabus
fakefour.bandcamp.com/track/lost-touch-2
nonconnahordeath.bandcamp.com/album/dead-roses-digged-up-zombies-broken-pieces-of-diamonds-live-cats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Faint - Egowerk
>synthpop, electropop, new wave, indietronica, EBM

Attached: egowerk the faint.jpg (700x700, 45K)

I haven't listened to a lot of music in the last two months

Attached: 11.5.19.jpg (1853x913, 207K)

xosar was a lot of fun

Attached: good 2019 albums.png (1951x1183, 458K)

not into a lot of the genres and scenes you seem to be into, so can't comment on chart. thanks for starting the thread, though.

Black to Comm is awesome and I have that Xosar in my backlog ready to go sometime in the next couple days. What are those top 2 albums like?

the Rome and Croation Amor albums have both been on then off my chart. cool albums for sure. what's that Fange album like?

from mid-March to a few days ago, I was focused on stuff besides music, but I've been catching back up with what I missed

Attached: 2019.png (2381x1328, 608K)

>what's that Fange album like?
rather intense sludge. its good if you already like that sort of thing but I doubt it would convert anyone new to the genre

i didn't realize british murder boys were still active. is that release as good as the rest of their discography?

>new BMB
it's their first new release in a long time. sort of a return live mix that as far as i know might just be a one-off. it's definitely on par with their older stuff and makes me really want them to collaborate on making an actual new run of singles. that discography is already so perfect, though, so i don't blame them for just trotting out the project as a live act every so often and leaving the core studio recordings alone.

tl;dr: if you like BMB, check this out. it's not all new material, but it's an amazing set

Did nobody like Ladytron?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

The new gong album is pretty good

any new metal?

Attached: topsters2 (14).jpg (1281x693, 97K)

Whole Lotta Red
all other albums are or will be completely garbage compared to it

I've really been slacking with new music lately, gotta catch up, really excited for next week with, CRJ, tyler, and injury reserve releasing

Attached: 2019 so far.png (1426x644, 141K)

Anoyo is a close second.

Attached: a1503667463_10.jpg (1200x1200, 140K)

that pile album, so good. listen to it like once a day.

Attached: aoty2019.jpg (920x615, 239K)

pile-green and gray
avey tare- cows on hourglass pond
rakta- falha comum
king gizzard and the lizard wizard - fishing for fishies
wand - laughing matter

i thought it was pretty meh myself

how do I made album cover matrix?

Yeah, such a pleasant surprise. Maybe 2015 and 2017 albums will grow on me now, because back when they were coming out I wasn't impressed at all. It definitely feels like a leap forward compared to those. They finally hired the good songwriter or something lol
The earlier stuff like "Dripping" was really solid, more on the Jesus Lizard side of things, but "Green and Gray" seems better than that too.

neverendingchartrendering.org/

what I have right now, yet to listen to Tim Hecker and some other sutff from this past week

rec'ing really hard that Exultation album for fans of Coltrane or wicked spiritual jazz in general
also the FF9 and the Uranium Club albums are a blast

Attached: topsters2.png (3011x1722, 1.13M)

thanks

the caretaker - everywhere at the end of time
weyes blood - titanic rising
penderecki & beth gibbons - gorecki symphony no. 3
waste of space orchestra - syntheosis

This year still isn't quite on the level of 2018 yet, but it's getting there. Isaiah Rashad is about to release his new album, and all of the snippets for it have been amazing, so he's my #1 anticipated atm.
I'd encourage fans of acid techno / experimental electronic breakcore / whatever to listen to this: doughgirltapes.bandcamp.com/album/the-neodisassociationist . It's really cool.

>SPELLLING
nice, I'm listening to them right now.
This is some good atmospheric bm: illusionofdead.bandcamp.com/album/kabus
What are the second and third albums there?
You'd probably like Ceschi's new project. He's in the same backpacker category as Aesop and co.
fakefour.bandcamp.com/track/lost-touch-2
And yeah, the new Injury Reserve is gonna be pretty cool.
You might appreciate this: nonconnahordeath.bandcamp.com/album/dead-roses-digged-up-zombies-broken-pieces-of-diamonds-live-cats
It's hard to put it into specific genre terms, but a lot of it is drone with that shoegaze aesthetic.

Attached: mid 2019.png (2789x1522, 3.8M)

thanks for the ceschi rec, I'll check it out, and yeah I have high hopes for the new injury reserve, hope it delivers.

Best chart posted so far

>Black to Comm is awesome and I have that Xosar in my backlog ready to go sometime in the next couple days. What are those top 2 albums like?
Fedrespor is Dark Folk. The album starts off like as dark ambient but it gets a little lighter. Still very atmospheric
Trials and Tribulations is a dark ambient/industrial-type deal. As you liked Black to Comm, it might be up your alley

bumo

these are the ones i enjoyed the most. i still have at least ~50 albums to listen to.
the young gods have always been so underrated desu

Attached: topsters2.png (2304x913, 445K)

how did I not know there was a new Young Gods album out. They're literally from where I live. Such a solid band too

cool, thanks. i'll probably check that trials and tribulations album out soon and get around to fedrespor at some point when i'm in the mood for that sorta thing

how make these list

neverendingchartrendering.org

black dresses and K. Leimer - Three Adaptations

Attached: AOTYSF2019.png (1452x374, 129K)

Attached: top 25 12519.jpg (2301x1505, 456K)

Everything I've enjoyed so far this year
Sweet
check out John McCowen - Mundanas I-IV and Kyle Press - Overtones, Drones, and Saxophones
Sweet
check out Bloor - Drolleries and Nate Wooley - Columbia Icefield

Attached: topsters2 (84).png (3702x2530, 2.34M)

super cool chart. lots on there that's made its way onto mine then slipped just below the Top 40. definitely will check out your recs. cheers!

nump

imagine having all of your tastes decided for you by people on the internet.

Nothing good has come out yet.

>imagine having all of your tastes decided for you by people on the internet.
>Nothing good has come out yet.
These are two contradictory statements you have just made, namefag

post your chart, idiotdickhead

Only ones I've really liked enough to keep on my computer. ik it's only May but it's feeling pretty disappointing compared to the last two years which were great music-wise.

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1452x1183, 244K)

yikes / onions

Got some titles? specifically #2, #5, #6, #12 and #15