What album do you think is legitimate contender for greatest ever made?

It is just stunningly beautiful and so emotionally moving. Every song is so intricate and well written. The length of the songs allows him to explore ideas to the fullest without ever wasting a note.

Attached: 268x0w.jpg (268x268, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yWJ_LCoIE
youtu.be/-l3pCbeigdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: tpab.png (300x300, 51K)

Go on and give your reasoning, I'm sure it will be insightful.

“No”

Attached: BF142A14-1300-410D-97C6-C3C5FB80F21E.jpg (1199x1200, 601K)

Kendrick Lamar is a genius and one of the smartest artists of the 21st century.

Jacob Collier is a genius too. What do you have to say about Kendrick's music?

who tf is that, ur just jealous that you couldnt make a masterpiece like kendrick

Laura Nyro's "New York Tendaberry" checks so many boxes of quality music that listing them would take too long. It is the greatest example of quality musicianship at every step of production, from writing to execution, ever put together.

Attached: Cover.jpg (1000x1000, 121K)

Attached: Kid A.jpg (1400x1400, 2.09M)

the actual correct answer

absolutely not
great choice
i have not heard this one

Attached: C51AC5F6-D98C-403B-AA6F-8FB7CE91930F.jpg (500x500, 54K)

>ayyo fuck whitey fuck trump smoke weed
>this dick ain't freeeyuh
>kill whitey git da money
10/10, a flawless masterpiece indeed

kill yourself for not taking 2 seconds to google a fucking name

he's right though, jacob is legit

Attached: fever-ray.jpg (345x345, 42K)

nigger

Cringe scaruffi drone

Attached: boardsofcanada_geogaddi_a3y9 (1).jpg (1500x1500, 2.14M)

>smart
>literally just a rapper
Do you swallow his cum too?

the only albums that can ever be called the best are those which truly expand our horizons for what music can be, man.

Attached: folder.jpg (500x500, 61K)

it's an amazing album though

what's wrong with liking the same sorts of music that an unaffiliated critic does?

>A man sits in a car on a tree-lined street, watching a fourteen-year-old girl walking home from school, hopelessly in love with her. I've almost come to blows with friends because of my insistence that much of Van Morrison's early work had an obsessively reiterated theme of pedophilia, but here is something that at once may be taken as that and something far beyond it. He loves her. Because of that, he is helpless. Shaking. Paralyzed. Maddened. Hopeless. Nature mocks him. As only nature can mock nature. Or is love natural in the first place? No Matter. By the end of the song he has entered a kind of hallucinatory ecstasy; the music aches and yearns as it rolls on out. This is one supreme pain, that of being imprisoned a spectator. And perhaps no so very far from "T.B. Sheets," except that it must be far more romantically easy to sit and watch someone you love die than to watch them in the bloom of youth and health and know that you can never, ever have them, can never speak to them.

the problem is that scaruffi has literal nega-taste.

there isn't some objective measure of "taste" we can access and apply to anything so subjective as music, which relies a whole lot on emotional content. i'm only a scaruffi drone because i love his selections, whether you do or not

There is really no contender, even the closest contenders are far beneath it. (Rumours - Fleetwood Mac, ITAOS - NMH)

Attached: bobby - Copy.jpg (1600x1398, 621K)

This album is mine

INB4 Scrauffi drone

Attached: Trout mask.jpg (1408x1433, 1.78M)

Attached: Frontbottoms - Copy.jpg (1425x1425, 772K)

Attached: NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg (300x300, 97K)

Attached: pinkerton.jpg (307x300, 14K)

>there isn't some objective measure of "taste"
only people with bad taste say this

Attached: boiman.png (296x475, 216K)

what's your pick then if your taste is so much better than this anons?

do explain what the objective measure is then

>calling people a scaruffi drone for enjoying a critically acclaimed album
Cringe

>reactive plebs and the bad-taste brigade get all flustered when their inferior status is revealed
Every time, like clockwork.

>what's your pick then if your taste is so much better than this anons?
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band

>The Beatles
lmao youre such a DRONE thats such a popular and critically acclaimed album how could it possibly be the best?

wow, it turns out if you take literally anything made by a leftist black guy and describe it with unrelated racist green text then the album sounds dumb and stupid. fucking boomers.

>how could it possibly be the best?
clearly A Day in the Life is the best song ever made, and since it's on that album, it is the best album ever made.

Good ones

Attached: 7911570F-78FF-4671-B868-B1FAE4697474.jpg (600x597, 61K)

Van morrisons solo shit is so bad and cheesy, including astral weeks. Idk how anyone listens without cringing. It's like adult contemporary or some crap. His stuff with Them is far far better. This is for boomers to play while trying to get their rick wet. Go listen to Them.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yWJ_LCoIE

i was joking, its just ironic that he called someone a drone when they posted a very well known and well respected album then named a beatles album
i agree about a day in the life though desu

>I was joking about Sgt. Pepper's being the best album
we're on a ruse cruise

it does not surprise me that you didn't even realize he was mocking your scrutiny of my liking an album that a critic also does...you're so insipid

if we're talking about ever made, that is, with purposeful intention to making something

pet sounds or trout mask

if we're talking about music that came about without that intention (this is to say, live music)

les rallizes denudes double heads, or

It's obvi Odyssey and Oracle

I'm 100% serious

Attached: Sing to God.jpg (600x600, 91K)

If they cut it down to one album, maybe, but the second disc falters.

heckin' heck my friendly Yea Forums pleb friend, I listed Sgt. Pepper's as the best because it has no merit and is popular, just like your favorite. it was a joke my man, at your expense, and you took it at its face.

The actual best is Mackerras' recording of Leos Janacek's "Glagolitic Mass"

i feel like he died and came back to make this album

Attached: Mount Eerie.jpg (325x325, 18K)

easy choice for me but i'm generally not someone who likes the "greatest ever" stuff, music is just way too broad and has too many fantastic albums to consider one the "best"

that said, i respect everyone's choices here, even if i don't agree with them

Attached: cover.jpg (1000x988, 129K)

This is also my pick

All music is made with the intention of making something, so idk what your point is here. Also, Pet Sounds and TMR are lame.

I kinda don't like his voice though....

This one.

my post sent late, after I'd seen your reply regarding that. i love that choice but you still never properly defended your position and i think rock bottom has much more merit than sgt. pepper's

Pleb spotted

Wyatt had a very interesting career, but it only came to full force when he tamed some of the disjointed failures like Rock Bottom. Right around Old Rottenhat he started pulling together music that was more conventionally sensible, but it ended up less satisfying. It lacked his earlier wild freedom. When both sides were synthesized together, he was at his best.

Shleep is his true masterpiece.

now we're getting somewhere; that's an interesting take and it seems we diverge at what you consider "conventionally sensible" because i think that Rock Bottom has a lot of straightforward sensibility despite its free-form structures. its emotional content upholds is enhanced by the experimentation to me but that's just me

a ton of what is presented on Rock Bottom is just straight up ugly. At times, like the "Robert Wyatt pretends to be a trombone." section during A Last Straw, the stuff is lame. Alifib is mostly a boring interlude, and the last few minutes of the album are just fucking awful.

There's great material there, and the album has a certain intensity to it that is pretty rare, but it's not refined. Alife is the pinnacle of it, and worth note for sure.

On Shleep, though, you have the same intensity on tracks like Was a Friend or Alien, with much clearer and better-presented ideas. It also presents a much larger range of emotions - from joy, to fury, to peace. It is both more creative and better refined music than Rock Bottom.

you make a strong point, but i don't think any of it is downright "ugly" or "boring" because the emotive progressions and arrangements substantiate themselves as they change, and with extended listening they seem to evolve and reveal more emotional content. not only that, but the textures at play are vibrant and all of the melodies and harmonies reveal
their own purposes; the percussion follows the same line of quality and serves every piece perfectly. it all actually seems refined to perfection to me, a freeing expression with all kinds of beauty to it, but this is just all just a polarity in our emotional experiences with the material rather than just a problem of the forms Wyatt presents.

reasonable + based

you don't understand music or the question

you can't tell me that the 1:40 mark of Sea Song is anything other than trash. A piano trill and aimless synth warbles beneath generally senseless atonal faff.

I mean, you can talk about the melodies. Plenty of the vocal melodies on the album are fine and sometimes phenomenal. But, they so often just stumbles back into the ugly zone. The section that begins with "Remind me of your rocky bottom..." on A Last Straw is just hideous in terms of melody. The guitar work during the following bridge (if you can call it that) is laughable, too.

Rock Bottom is... a mess. There's cool ideas at one moment, then suddenly you're hurled into a wall of just terrible stuff. I don't want to have to sit through bad music while listening to good music. I'd prefer just to listen to good music.

OP you posted the second-best

Attached: 11EBCB8C-4BA4-4264-B12C-671E74EF35B2.png (500x500, 97K)

That cover disqualifies it. what the fuck where they thinking

they weren't thinking, that's the point of dadaism man

Attached: a3936131308_10.jpg (1200x1200, 152K)

Attached: a3636119674_10_2000x.jpg (1200x1200, 346K)

Only this

Attached: 3ea11fd1d6ac49a8c964ee42c8fd6117.jpg (1315x1315, 367K)

based

cringe

Whats this

How is that cringe

ujubasajuba by kairon: IRSE!

because he dare included TPAB

shock horror

I didn’t notice sorry, makes sense now

Probably a beethoven symphony

sorry for the late reply; you seem more concerned with aesthetics than the emotional experience the music conveys and that's where we differ the most. however, the aesthetics of the album i quite like and still think serve the music—which I think is phenomenal all-around, on the contrary to your view, which is different because of course you don't think the same things constitute great music. but we have our agreements and we have our constructive arguments, at the very least. peace to you brother

lol

lol no, seriously fuck off

Not even his best.

Not an album.

second greatest is buyer's market

Attached: R-473665-1184413922.jpeg.jpg (300x296, 13K)

Based

adding this as well

Attached: 65AA8AFD-28B1-4022-A58E-5FE034C2013D.jpg (1000x1000, 616K)

Unironically. I just really love all the songs in a deeply personal way.

Attached: A742F209-2146-4056-B59A-73D8EACA03A7.jpg (700x700, 177K)

FUCKED A WHORE IN HER ASSSS

>The actual best is Mackerras' recording of Leos Janacek's "Glagolitic Mass"
Super based

Escalator over the hill

What's the best album in meal history and why is it pic related

Attached: 220px-Colors1.jpg (220x220, 13K)

Attached: MARBLEIND.png (220x220, 78K)

you can't refute this.

Attached: Cover.jpg (820x800, 153K)

reasonable

not bad but eh

plebbit

pic related is the right choice

Attached: a4051912074_10.jpg (1200x1200, 155K)

Great picks

Attached: R-60453-1244901724.jpeg.jpg (600x598, 106K)

These are the only correct answers in this thread

Attached: 925C411B-BE71-4331-B68F-8F22514F85B9.jpg (500x500, 80K)

I don't know about greatest, but this is my personal favorite

Attached: R-6535818-1421577099-2656.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 120K)

his voice is quite pleasant

Attached: R-1138756-1389991958-9005.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 84K)

Attached: FDFF445C-2F52-4FB8-9DC9-153DFF261390.png (600x600, 83K)

imagine asking american white male rockists for their opinion on the greatest album ever made

Attached: B7E7BAD1-A59D-4D71-8EDB-DFC60B896725.jpg (1280x1280, 389K)

phenomenal choice
t. rockbottomposter

Attached: Queen_II_(album_cover).jpg (300x300, 92K)

imagine thinking anyone will fall for this bait you fucking retard

went over my head ngl
best album of the decade
good album but nah
good argument could be made for this one
not music doesn't count
a 10 but not goat
nah
love this record but no
come on. really?
maybe
good but no
good but no
unironically the best album of all time 100% 10/10 flawless
I would have also allowed OK comp. or pet sounds

Attached: B62B1138-84D8-4BA4-B581-38C1D796954D.jpg (1500x1500, 259K)

Yeah I guess only 2/3rds of all the albums so far mentioned are rock band albums, sounds like I touched I nerve there

Attached: 71D963A4-12C1-4497-A33E-0A43DEA04EEC.png (320x320, 84K)

Attached: 51hX5743L6L.jpg (500x500, 57K)

Attached: 98A24032-C971-4A25-A1C8-ACCF38F0D5A9.jpg (770x770, 199K)

>astral weeks went "over your head"
>NMH as unironic best album of all time (or OKC or PS)
hope you're enjoying your first week on Yea Forums

yes
possibly
No
No you absolute fucking retard

Attached: Cover.jpg (610x610, 50K)

bro...lurk more before you embarrass yourself like this buddy...

Attached: ps.png (552x552, 433K)

Attached: B18CCB94-6CE7-4E9D-BCFA-B3583C43ADD0.jpg (220x220, 8K)

what a fucking terrible pick

All great picks too

Attached: 3E8E43B6-2E30-4861-9170-96E8C2328229.jpg (748x755, 241K)

no recorded music that ive heard has ever reached this level of spirituality

Attached: 91968jEoKIL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1467, 336K)

Definitely 10/10, for sure in my top 5

it's really good, but come on. it's not even the best album Coltrane led on. you and most of the other people in this thread should actually get into music beyond Yea Forums essentials and fantano flavor of the week before throwing your opinions around

Attached: hurley.jpg (1000x1000, 632K)

Pls, T B H + C is better

Kill yourself son of a bitch

Amazing record, although I can never decide if my fav Coltrane is that one, First Meditations, or The Olatunji Concert. All three are equally amazing for wildly different reasons.

Overrated

Experience God and you will understand.

what would your pick be for this thread?

I dont disagree that some of his other albums are more musical, enjoyable, and artistic. But none of then are a greater expression of the spirit than ALS. That's what makes it the best for me. PS try not to be so arrogant brother. It is not a good way to be.

the general cycle of getting into music goes
listening to the well respected and popular albums -> listen to the older more influential albums that less people talk about -> go and listen to the other albums by these artists, albums that inspired them, things there were involved with etc. -> slowly getting more obscure and developing your own taste -> after a lot of hard work find a roster of not very well know albums that you really love -> after many years decide to listen to the well known albums for a bit of fun -> after years of sifted through a very mixed bag of things finally appreciate why theyre so well regarded -> listen to them all with fresh ears and a new appreciation
most people who actually know a shit ton about music usually have a mixture of 'classic' stuff that everyone knows and obscure stuff theyve found themselves
maybe one day youll reach the point where you can appreciate these 'classic' records and not shit on be this pretentious about it
i used to be like you, then i continued listening to music and a few of the well known albums in this thread would be my picks too
dont worry you'll get there friend, you just need to listen to more music before you start throwing your opinion around

Fuck off

based and redpilled

this one

If the whole album was like the first half maybe. Starsailor was the peak of his vision.

I fucking adore The Black Angels, man. May be my favorite band of all time.

Attached: cover.jpg (455x455, 89K)

Attached: e614b37633d64b9ecb9e469335db1482.png (600x600, 275K)

Bump

Attached: Aeroplane.jpg (600x600, 96K)

if the b-side of Lorca were the best picks from Starsailor, it might be the greatest folk record ever made

I prefer this.

Attached: If_These_Trees_Could_Talk_-_Red_Forest_(2012).jpg (220x220, 15K)

TPAB isn't by any means a masterpiece but it's obvious you haven't even listened to it once

Oh, and this.

Attached: 220px-Transatlanticism.jpg (220x220, 15K)

>inb4 "nigger shite"

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 8.50.09 PM.png (408x404, 358K)

He plays characters to show the flaws in those mindsets. It's also in part about black on black violence and how black identity serves to keep themselves down.

Attached: goog.jpg (645x773, 141K)

>come back to thread
>only person who agrees with me bunches me in with albums i hate

should i find a new favorite album

My personal favorite.

Attached: vespertine .jpg (700x701, 131K)

Bump

Based

For story progression and lyrics which are insightful, weird, well versed and catchy. Marshal mathers lp. Hate me as much as you want. A lot of effort

(>imagine not liking TPAB)
(strongest pic)
strong albums

nah. also overrated

i just don´t get side B. if it is for side A it´s a really strong contender

man, what a based post. congrats

why not post Loveless?

Attached: loveless.jpg (660x660, 117K)

Iowa by Slipknot

Attached: rumors.jpg (736x767, 123K)

These are all contenders

Attached: revolver.jpg (1024x1024, 593K)

Depends.
In terms of popularity and appeal, here's a list of top selling albums.

Attached: K93zw3p.gif (718x408, 41K)

This. Even pop music has standards that most rock listeners absolutely ignored.

My Mama's and Papa's is next to my Marilyn Manson on the shelf. And a Snoop Don next to Sparks.
I'm in a weird place.

inb4 normie boomer
you know it's true

Attached: petsounds.jpg (820x820, 201K)

this. lol i love imajin dragons

Absolutely based

Attached: 25E10CB8-E990-4747-98AB-5C9B461AF4B6.jpg (320x320, 30K)

Attached: King Crimson 1969 In The Court Of The Crimson King front.jpg (1420x1411, 240K)

based

>no Laughing Stock
>no Spiderland
>no Faust
>no Freak Out
Wow

Only two of those albums are good

That's just you're objectively wrong opinion

That’s some objectively wrong spelling my guy

ur actually completely right all those records are 9s and 10s

Freak Out is certainly not the best Zappa record.

I have yet to hear anything that’s as spiritually beautiful as this. Not even A Love Supreme.

Attached: 335A296C-E485-4477-B2AB-260D076B9AE8.jpg (500x500, 51K)

i think ultimately this follows through with all the best qualities of jasons music, its transcendent.

Attached: _.jpg (320x320, 22K)

shhhh...he's sleeping

Attached: A Crow Looked At Me.jpg (300x300, 14K)

I respect your answer and opinion

>only scaruffi praised rock bottom
scaruffi detractors are retarded

It really boggles my mind how few people get this. Like I totally get not liking it (I like it although I think it’s drastically overrated) but to boil it down to “AYO FUCK TRUMP FUCK WHIPIPO” suggests they either haven’t actually even listened to it or don’t have the ability to get nuance.

Within the genre there's no competion

Attached: 71y+mmF7H-L._SX355_.jpg (355x353, 26K)

To me, Hounds Of Love is a gorgeous collection of refined baroque pop and art pop pieces with a phenomenal story-telling and atmosphere crafting. The Ninth Wave is a masterful motivational story with abstract metaphysical tracks. I see no flaw. By the way, The Ninth Wave (Side B) is a story of a girl who gets lost in the middle of the sea. In “Under Ice” she remembers it, then there are a few tracks where she sees the past, the present and future; and last but not least, “Hello Earth”, in which she is close to death and feels herself ascending to the space. After that, in “The Morning Frog”, it’s revealed that she survived; and now she will appreciate life much more. She’ll tell her father, she’ll tell her mother, she’ll tell her brother... how much she loves them. That’s the beauty of Hounds Of Love and why I find it the best album in existence: it wasn’t just ahead of the curve in terms of production, had a glorious and grandiose vocal performance, a highly optimistic way of thinking and a great creation of abstract trips full of psychological introspection: it is also the kind of album to make you appreciate life. No album has ever made me feel like Hounds Of Love, both sides.

Attached: die-lit-cover[1].jpg (980x980, 165K)

Attached: hav.jpg (1200x1200, 510K)

life is fuckedcore

Only real answers in this thread, everyone else seems to be posting their favorite albums instead of trying to decide which one is worthy of the objective title of best ever.

>Kid A best album of all time material

Lol

because it's not as good

not a single doubt in my mind

Attached: spiderland.jpg (355x355, 26K)

based

I like liquid swords but 36 chambers is better

Attached: R-4608483-1437576725-4783.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 141K)

What a great thread

this

good

Attached: SongsMagnolia.jpg (220x220, 14K)

What a cringe thread

There is no way a person would actually come away with that message, but since its vaguely related to black empowerment people like to make bait post about it.

yeah but he makes shit music

Attached: 71+lvUBEf2L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 17K)

i love his voice, but find very hard to connect to any of his music

especially for on the beach stuff

I have Astral Weeks and I find it unlistenable. The music doesn't DO anything. The melodies don't GO anywhere. His Moondance album which came out 2 years later fixed all those issues. So, while many people ADORE Astral Weeks, it says something that Van Morrison never made a "Son of Astral Weeks".

And not that sales are a barometer of artistic value, in fact, the inverse is often true, Astral Weeks failed to make the Top 200 U.S. albums. Moondance, by contrast, made it to #29.

That's unfortunate, I fine that album and On the Beach to be among the most emotionally moving albums I've listened to.

A valid choice.

But also, the self-titled album that came before it in 1975 was in the same league. But perhaps a LITTLE less polished.

I wonder if live albums should be excluded (much as we would for compilations) from this discussion. Yes, they are "albums", but they are also "concerts". They are shows where an artist often plays material from all over his career. Live albums, in my view, should be a separate -- but worthy -- category.

Attached: topsterslive1.jpg (1487x1400, 403K)

Underrated in this thread, best Mingus album and one of the best jazz/classical albums ever

Incredible album.

I have heard people say that all the time, and mention other albums that are better. Every time I go to listen to the other albums, they're nothing special. I think it's just contrarianism. Love Supreme is one of the greatest albums ever recorded, and I say that as not much of a Coltrane fan.

My personal GOAT album.

It's everything you'd want in a TRULY great album. Every song tells its own little story. MANY different musical genres are on display. All done well. And yet, for all of the variety, there is the one unifying thread of Sparks' *sound* as a band that holds it all together.

My 2nd greatest album ever is Sgt. Pepper, just to give you a baseline measurement.

Attached: SparksIndiscreet.jpg (600x600, 176K)

Attached: a2820509001_10.jpg (1200x1200, 500K)

based Scaruffi drone

You know Astral Weeks is a canon rock album that is universally considered a masterpiece?

Great choice, mate. Fantastic record.

Nigger shite

yeah, but this is Yea Forums - full of contrarian teens who are only interested in arguing on the internet, not listening to music

Easily the best rap album, but not the best album in general

Attached: a1428711167_10.jpg (1200x1200, 578K)

replace this with Mount Eerie and you'd be right

Attached: 61lTRG0ApnL._SX355_.jpg (355x352, 35K)

based Scaruffi drone

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Stop calling people Scaruffi drones for liking well known and critically acclaimed albums.

trips of truth

Attached: The Disintegration Loops.jpg (1500x1500, 563K)

great choice was thinking this too. what it aims for is just so ambitious

based Scaruffi drones

does calling us based even mean you agree anymore or are you just trying to bait someone

ah fuck this is a great pick too

extremely based

Unfathomably based

thanks for agreeing with me! :)
any particular reason you think this way? i'm not trying to insult, i'm just curious as to your thoughts on the album
i don't necessarily think it "aims for" anything, it just feels like a masterpiece that came together piece by piece, bit by bit, over the entire span of Gira's career in Swans. almost like a miracle of an album, if you will.
did Scaruffi even like Soundtracks? i don't keep up with him (on purpose, mind you)

Attached: A639A676-9633-48D5-A83D-CBA54A315310.jpg (500x497, 43K)

I agree but I don't know if too many here will

>i'm just curious as to your thoughts on the album
what album?

could be desu
>
eh in some ways it is
good but nah
up there
quite good but no
in the upper echelon for sure
it is very good but no honestly
top 20
great for the era but not all time
good but nah
spork
overrated here
see above
yeah, if not it's close to it
nah lol
up there
top 50 ever
hell yeah but still no desu
top 100
you posted it. case closed. now I'm done posting :)

Attached: Smile (Album Cover).jpg (1500x1500, 2.5M)

Attached: i'm not a fan.jpg (500x500, 117K)

wow- thanks for the legthy post user. soon i´ll give it another try with this point of view

I second these and throw in my own contender

Attached: folder.jpg (600x600, 56K)

each song is it's own soundscape

there's also something incredibly surreal driving around foggy empty town streets are 4am playing search for delicious, a religious experience

Attached: Person Pitch.jpg (600x600, 153K)

Based

Attached: 36952457e7cafac807f2cc071632d432.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 171K)

very close contenders

Attached: ASH101_web_1024x1024.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Attached: sgt-pepper_1.jpg (1600x1549, 333K)

embarrassing

>SftB
complete pleb shit for people too stupid and lazy to check out actual noise, dark ambient, musique concrete, etc. tourism incarnate

Attached: TheMoodyBlues-album-daysoffuturepassed (2).jpg (316x316, 28K)

Surprised no one's posted this yet

Attached: MBDTF 2.png (998x998, 935K)

Attached: 484A8630-E9A2-4545-8F43-AAB192C7425E.jpg (1500x1500, 439K)

>_______ is mainstream therefore it's bad
fuck off brainlet

Attached: B3DC761D-135B-4BD2-80CC-A27CBE1B0F23.jpg (1242x1489, 274K)

The entire list is Van the Man competing with himself.

youtu.be/-l3pCbeigdU

Attached: 17-e1520281017843-1000x754.jpg (1000x754, 148K)

Amazed no-one's posted this yet.
No song is sub-par, all are so incredibly different and evoking, yet all combine to tell a cohesive story of the wearing away of the protagonist's humanity. 25 years on, it is a consist companion on sullen nights.

Attached: R-352665-1169715007.jpeg.jpg (600x543, 112K)

guy who replied to you is retard, i've been here longer than 99% of folks and i'll tell you tmr and pet sounds, one from the organized and the other from the disorganized perspective of popular music, are two of the greatest albums ever produced.

also love those live albums, it's boring taste but it's also completely unimpeachable in a way

Retard.

Attached: IMG_4747.jpg (1282x1280, 1.64M)

Shit fucking thread, shit fucking replies.

Never post this shit again here.

There have been some good albums posted

what's your pick, user?

Attached: 61tMXtTaGUL.jpg (500x500, 65K)

who cares

find me one reply that actually had a nice explanation for their choice, and didn't just post an image of their favorite album

Step aside plebs. The greatest album of all time, not merely of Metal, but of All Music ever written, composed, played and enjoyed by man's ear has graced this thread. You are welcome and may die now knowing that God has given you the slightest taste of his infinity beautiful sound. Rejoice, give thanks, finger-fuck your girlfriends and say a prayer to mighty Vulcan, the God of Metal and to Pan, the God of Music.

Attached: Caladan Brood - Echoes of Battle.jpg (960x960, 132K)

some of these listings are absurd (Meat Leaf had the 6th best selling album of all time?)

I'm guessing it has to do with the popularity of different audio mediums through different periods of time

total garbage fucking meme album

sounds like my uni's a capella group

OP here, I gave my explanation and I have no control over what others post.

most albums ITT are extremely well-known so providing a reason for their being here is kinda redundant
don't let that prick get you down, this is a good thread

please see the following
and yes, is correct on the first part. no need to be so upset at people not spelling out their reasoning for you.

4/10
6/10
7/10
6/10
5/10
6/10
6.5/10
5/10
5/10
5.5/10
4/10
7.5/10
6.5/10
7/10
7.5/10
5/10
4.5/10
6.5/10
7/10
6/10
6.5/10
8.5/10

Attached: based.jpg (1000x1000, 107K)

Blocks your path.

Attached: iu-1.jpg (500x500, 78K)

It's his best but he really doesn't set the bar high. TPAB is the only album he's made with lyrical substance apart from Good Kid, and both albums are highly overrated
I really don't understand why people herald it as the pinnacle of music. Yes the songs are enjoyable, but the lyrics aren't that deep, the songs aren't as ambitious in composition as many of Pink Floyd's other albums, let alone taking in the scope of progressive rock as a whole before the album was released, or afterwards. You can't argue that it wasn't a highly successful album that has influenced a lot of people, but you can still critique the content. It's still good though
These are all albums that push the envelope of what music can be.

Attached: maudlin of the Well - Part the Second.jpg (900x900, 846K)

>i'm too much of a lazy tourist to try other music therefore _______ is the best in the genre

>its transcendent
>i have personal memories of it
>the vocals are great

yeah no

Can't tell if this post is a genuine opinion or a meme

Attached: 1555614127827.png (512x512, 112K)

A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park will always be one of my favorites. Extremely underrated, it got so much hate because of all the fillers. It's important to listen to the whole thing from beginning to end if you want the fillers to make any sense. Other than that, the actual songs on this album are godly and filled with so much emotion. I cry every tiem

Attached: 81xaWrTdjmL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 345K)

none of your arguments... are really fleshed out beyond: i don't know why people like astral weeks

the music doesn't do anything:.... i guess you mean it's repetitive? There's progression and buildup on every song, it's pretty well-done songwriting wise too... even a simple song like Madame George is a template for the musicians to improv wonderful things

moondance fixed issues: moondance is great but astral weeks is transcendent

says something he never made a son: I'm guessing you are talking about commercial appeal due to the next sentence, qualifying your lack of enthusiasm for the album with the general lack of enthusiasm you think it elicited, with the broader public...

definitely not unlistenable, listen to the lyrics, fall in love and listen to sweet thing.