Post bands that used to be heavy

I want to see some bands that used to be hard as fuck, but turned into Pop.

Attached: Deathcore Levine.jpg (960x1200, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU
youtube.com/watch?v=RZekS_waLUY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racetraitor
youtube.com/watch?v=hi-0_9fV_Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=MvHdlcs-iGs
youtube.com/watch?v=o_331OZPjfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6l6dU3DCWQg
youtube.com/watch?v=LgZWEAhj3Uo
youtu.be/fr2qzx7m48w
youtu.be/yhCsB09JZt4
youtu.be/Ub31l3TMEI0
youtu.be/V7fnyFOlCmI
youtube.com/watch?v=YPAEZxHdoZI
youtube.com/watch?v=68u3E0ELs6A
youtube.com/watch?v=6f9xOHXHT2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jPxPfJpblTM
youtube.com/watch?v=aXuM3Y8bu58
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1o8uKykUc&list=PLdPb__89gysv0jsCynM2xgYsLefQObR9y&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=IrQnjR0VtDo
youtube.com/watch?v=efYUqh9_t-0
youtube.com/watch?v=vdNk3Rcb80E
youtube.com/watch?v=hWBdmxenZ-k
youtu.be/zkGDp4oT2GU
youtube.com/watch?v=26PRhCJtgPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mhJh5_6MuCk
youtube.com/watch?v=1hSqVwIsfqw
youtube.com/watch?v=qZGF-3LSjt8
youtube.com/watch?v=LPqQZSWGZws
youtube.com/watch?v=43L9bc5nPu0
youtube.com/watch?v=9CVroJ8ovmc
youtu.be/KvlS4BwTUQw
youtu.be/LnHoqHscTKE
youtu.be/KOukq5BLOM4
youtu.be/eoTNOb76LV4
youtu.be/zrxIzE3-SkU
youtu.be/YW9GDUtaEqY
youtu.be/7t1VNrVOlMk
youtube.com/watch?v=4mVPyfJv_v0
youtube.com/watch?v=0DaR0GsFYVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Swans

>California tattoo
This man is more Kiedis than Kiedis.

Bring Me The Horizon

The White Stripes used to be punk.

Yep, that's a good one.
They went from Deathcore to sounding like a Cold Play coverband.
This band has to be the most extreme example of change in history.
They went from this
youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU
To this
youtube.com/watch?v=RZekS_waLUY

Attached: Drake Deathcore years.jpg (960x944, 70K)

Dude. You will not beilve it. But fall out boy used to be a severely anti white sjw punk band. And i have no idea what happend in between them being "racetraitor", and then deciding to become fall out boy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racetraitor

Racetraitor was one of the most controversial political bands of the 1990s hardcore scene and garnered on the covers of both Maximumrocknroll and HeartattaCk before recording a single note of music. The name Racetraitor was in reference to using one's social and economic privilege to create a more egalitarian world. The idea was to take the pejorative term "race traitor" used by white American racists and claim it as a positive self-chosen label. The band was known for aggressively challenging audiences to confront the ways they might help perpetuate or buy into racist and exploitative social and economic systems. Many of their shows turned into heated arguments and they became one of the most talked about political hardcore bands of the late 1990s. The band's members were vegan and lived the straight edge lifestyle.

Drummer Andy Hurley became a member of Fall Out Boy alongside occasional Racetraitor fill-in bass player Pete Wentz. Hurley also played drums in several other projects, including Killtheslavemaster and Project Rocket, and was briefly reunited with singer Mani Mostofi in a band called The Kill Pill, who released one record on Uprising before disbanding. Hurley was also a guest drummer on the "Jihad" EP released by the briefly reformed Vegan Reich. In 2016, Hurley joined the band Sect with members of Earth Crisis and Burning Love.

Slug Christ use to be in a pretty rippin mathcore band

An Isle Ate Her
youtube.com/watch?v=hi-0_9fV_Gk

Slug Christ
youtube.com/watch?v=MvHdlcs-iGs

Some faggot is going to say Josh Homme, so I'll tell that faggot to go fuck himself

Josh Homme

Mr Bungle
Ulver
Incubus
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Metallica
Slipknot

ahead of their time, but not in a good way

Another example of Hardcore cuckery, at least Punk had some based edgy bands like The Germs.

Attached: ???.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Skrillex

Damn, well you know there is that old saying Breakdowns don't pay bills!

Metallica

Funny, i used to be a From First To Last Fan.
I still have the Heroine album that i bought in my teens.
Fun fact Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit plays bass on that album and he toured with them in 2006.
Glad Sonny joined FFTL again, and is making new tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=o_331OZPjfQ

It was a big WTF?, when i say the Sonny remix on the BMTH Suicide Season Remix in 2009 album.

Latest Plague is still my jam!

youtube.com/watch?v=6l6dU3DCWQg

>went from basedcucks to basedcucks
seems like a lateral move to me

Lol google minor threat

Nine Inch Nails keeps flip-flopping between this, right now they're back in their heavy era though.

Architects until they have stupid fucking hack Nolly bedroom produce their new album. Absolutely fucking degenerate. RIP \m/

i'm talking about his stuff being Skrillex

Well i don't care about that.

Metallica blows my mind. Cliff Burton must have written all those early albums by himself. I can’t believe how shitty they turned after the black album. Metallica effectively broke up sometime in 1993 on their tour.

Apparently Stephen O’Malley went from Satanic priest to the next Yanni, so there’s that.

still waiting

I agree btw, nu-qotsa sucks
I just want more Sky Valley :'(

I honestly find Architect boring, they just sound like a normie Djent band.
Every new track sounds the same.

Hollow Crown is the best, that shit was innovative fresh and Heavy ask FUCK.

youtube.com/watch?v=LgZWEAhj3Uo

Underoath

WHAT?
Post prove, the fucking SUN O guy?

Attached: ??.jpg (1035x1070, 129K)

Not heavy as such but Scritti Politti went from this
youtu.be/fr2qzx7m48w
to this
youtu.be/yhCsB09JZt4
and then to this
youtu.be/Ub31l3TMEI0
and then this
youtu.be/V7fnyFOlCmI

Attached: 9CEC3A1F-C41B-41FA-B76E-454D9164B294.jpg (726x1000, 222K)

Why does Ryan Gosling look fat sometimes?

I think Hollow Crown, Daybreaker, Lost//Lost and All Our Gods are all pretty amazing in their own ways. They all have totally different pros and cons, a weird mix of varying production quality, performances, songwriting, passion and energy. But they all work for me. The new shit, Holy Hell, is not only uninspired and generic but the production quality went off a fucking cliff. It sounds like a monkey mixed it straight into an L2 (which I would almost guarantee is exactly what Nolly did). Cheap cheap garbage. I'm so gutted by their shit choice to walk away from the absolute genius production chops of Henrik and Fredrik and go to Nolly's bedroom (which I imagine smells like roaches and socks) and record, mix, and master an album entirely with VSTs run by a complete charlatan.

Attached: L2Ultramax-large.jpg (750x423, 51K)

Maybe it's certain angles, everybody has angles where they look fatter.

Fucking what?
Garage Rock maybe but Punk?

I don’t know about his weight, but watching the Interpol What’s In My Bag really made me want to see Only God Forgives.

Isn't Nolly that other brown dude from Periphery?
Why the fuck are the members of that band so (((involved))) in music of others so much.
Those fuckers are like reoccurring STD for fuck sake.

I honestly don't know who the fuck Nolly is, except his supposed last name is "Getgood" which ain't fuckin' happening. He has poopy fingers and now there are poopy fingerprints all over one of my favourite bands and quite frankly I'm mad

Attached: img-thing_imad.jpg (300x300, 13K)

No one knows, that dude is like some weird being that surrounds Periphery.
Those fuckers think they own the Metalcore/Deathcore scene, everytime you hear them talk.

Tempted to look them up on youtube but out of sheer resentment I'm not going to. Poor Tom shitting his coffin to the brim.

Incubus

they're literally a prog band

Am i the only one who noticed that Josh Homme looks almost identical to Donald Trump?

Trump was 27 when Homme was born, hmmmmmm?

Attached: Josh Trump.jpg (700x1029, 96K)

But they still act as if the would own the core scene, those fuckers think they are the gods of Metal.

avenged sevenfold

Ha

Kek i still remember them being a Metalcore band.

Thats actually Tue, what is their damn deal? I think mischa the bulb or wahtever is a bigger culprit too.

Might be reaching but both the Blood Brothers and Fear Before The March of Flames brilliantly evolved from a heavier dissonant post-hardcore sound on their earlier records to a more calculated and contemporary pop-indie, almost prog rock sort of thing respectably. Neither really lost their edge though.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPAEZxHdoZI
youtube.com/watch?v=68u3E0ELs6A

youtube.com/watch?v=6f9xOHXHT2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=jPxPfJpblTM
youtube.com/watch?v=aXuM3Y8bu58
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1o8uKykUc&list=PLdPb__89gysv0jsCynM2xgYsLefQObR9y&index=7

Can't leave out anything from Young Machetes
youtube.com/watch?v=IrQnjR0VtDo
youtube.com/watch?v=efYUqh9_t-0

people who call early white stripes punk need to be euthanized

Nothing fucking tops this!

They went from this:
youtube.com/watch?v=vdNk3Rcb80E

To this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hWBdmxenZ-k
Breath Carolina went from a fucking Metalcore band to a FUCKING EDM GROUP!

Attached: ?.jpg (555x525, 67K)

Yeah that monkey looking fatburger needs to gtfo, he thinks he is guitar Jesus or some shit.

Good fuck I hate that band now. When I was young and supergay and horny there was something sexy and exciting about them, but holy shit what crap. They're so cheap. It's literally like being sucked into an artistic black hole hearing them evolve.

The second song is waaaaaaay better

>From not heavy at all to not even trying to be heavy

Deadass an improvement.

youtu.be/zkGDp4oT2GU

Expected this

Anathema

Andrew WK played in noise rock and heavy metal bands before he went solo. He still dips back every now and then.

Shitknot is pretty bad too!
From this
youtube.com/watch?v=26PRhCJtgPQ

To this:
youtube.com/watch?v=mhJh5_6MuCk

Post malone used to play metal. Skrillex

Eh, once you get rich you don't have to fake it for money and you can do the music that your heart desires. Which is crap in this case.

Post prove, never saw Post Watermelon making Breeeees.
I know he likes Metal though, he chills with Jared Dines the Metal Youtuber.

youtube.com/watch?v=1hSqVwIsfqw

Kek, ever since Paul died and Joey got kicked out they ended up sounding like a Heavy version of Nickelback, i just call them Slipsour.

kek, they went from generic garage rock to:
Gun Club + distortion - good songwriting
Then to plain dadrock

And no, I dont consider Gun Club punk

In all honesty they've worked their asses off as much as any other band ever has, and it was always an uphill battle because their genre/image isn't nearly as profitable as the mainstream industry. The fact that they have like 8-10 members to feed and pay, and somehow managed to survive the early days, is remarkable. Can't say I really resent them changing, it's all good man.

Here's a band that sounds like Kyuss

youtube.com/watch?v=qZGF-3LSjt8

oh fuck, they do
thank you so much

wait, they're fucking greek?
that's a surprise

We make fun of Steve t, but jared dines is more cringe.
I dont have proof, I just saw some interviews where he says he plays metal guitar at some point. Not sure if he recorded anything

I don't know if Cliff wrote everything but he clearly was the one with talent and vision. Any video for the Black Album tour is a cringefest and rather watch Some Kind Of Monster, at least that shit is funny.
Them making fun of Layne Stanley during their shows because AiC didn't tour with them (so they replaced them with fucking Candeblox ) literally hurts to watch

He auditioned for Within The Ruins but he popped a string during the performance.

Steve T wouldn't be bad if he would stop with his stupid Jim Carrey faces.
This video made me laugh youtube.com/watch?v=LPqQZSWGZws

Jared was much better at the beginning, he got cringe as fuck in the last 2 years.
But DickeyDinesShow is 10/10!
youtube.com/watch?v=43L9bc5nPu0

>Band goes from death/doom and gothic metal to alt rock and synhpop and goes back to metal again

Attached: Paradise-Lost-2012-1.jpg (3000x2000, 2.56M)

He is Post Melon playing guitar (Covering a Asking Alexandria song).
youtube.com/watch?v=9CVroJ8ovmc

His Metalcore band was called Ashley's Arrival.

This
Also Anathema, Sentenced, Katatonia and other 90s death doom bands

chumbawamba
jimmy eat world
afi

In Flames

And yet manages to suck in all those genres. At least they gave us "Gothic" that is the only PL album worth listening to (never got why "Icon" is supposed to be sooo good)

Shit taste
All their albums are good except Believe in Nothing and s/t

Chumbawamba just got better producion and that got them a hit single, their previous stuff wasn't so different that the stuff on that album, it just sounded like shit ("Anarchy" with better productin and album cover could've been HUGE)
But if you a refering to their later folk stuff, never listened to it desu

so fuck you then, fag

Nick Cave, his 'pop' stuff is still amazing though
youtu.be/KvlS4BwTUQw
youtu.be/LnHoqHscTKE

i mean
youtu.be/KOukq5BLOM4

What are some artists that started soft but turned heavy? I can only think of Ministry, Killing Joke and Gary Numan

Attached: cover.jpg (500x487, 96K)

Scott Walker

killing joke were not soft to start lol

Well they made a bunch of new wave albums

Yeah, I'm familiar with that era, but in thay song you can tell the pop elements where already there, just scrambled and with shit recording. A good producer could make a potential hit with that, but they where still in Crass-city so it wouldn't happen.
The fuckers could write catchy songs even if they didn't try.

and they're both shit

Pantera

Nickleback and Animal collective

yeah but the first S/T is pretty edgy considering the scene and time

if you can listen to the first thirty seconds of that and tell me with a straight face that the only difference between that and tubthumping is production and recording quality with a straight face i don't know how we can have any kind of meaningful conversation

I'll add Revelations and Fire Dances, they might not be heavy but good luck finding a radio-friendly single in those (ok, FD has one)

>soft
youtu.be/eoTNOb76LV4

Attached: B485282E-545A-488E-A7B8-906064512C4B.jpg (550x550, 51K)

Yeah, it starts like a bad Crass ripoff but the last track is Chumbawamba 101 (in their rawest format of course).

Dunno if it counts but this is how Bloodhound Gang started
youtu.be/zrxIzE3-SkU

Attached: 16B896CF-9550-429D-8EA5-007B00D601B6.jpg (260x194, 7K)

based

MDB had only a very brief flirtation with lightening their sound, thankfully. Still regret purchasing that one.

Attached: 34_788_Complete_Album_Cover.jpg (300x300, 38K)

Damn, I didn't know that at all, that's crazy

I wouldn't say pop but deftones have changed a lot. Second one is a remix so I dont know if that counts.
youtu.be/YW9GDUtaEqY
youtu.be/7t1VNrVOlMk

Surprised no one has said Ceremony. From powerviolence to depressing post punk. They even sell shirts that say “I MISS THE OLD CEREMONY”

Linkin Park obviously also
Rise Against
How can you go from
youtube.com/watch?v=4mVPyfJv_v0
to
youtube.com/watch?v=0DaR0GsFYVY