Assholes will claim this is pink floyd's best album

Assholes will claim this is pink floyd's best album.

Attached: images (4).jpg (554x554, 34K)

I'm an asshole. An asshole with better taste than you.

but it is though

It seriously is. It's also the old good post-Barett album.

Dark Side of The Moon is unironically the best, only contrarians disagree

Meddle is their best but my favorite is Ummagumma

stone

stone

this

stone

stone

stone

it's Wish You Were Here

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

I prefer wish you were here.
[SPOILER] funnily enough, I'm hearing the words "and the sun is eclipsed by the mooon" in this exact moment[/SPOILER]

WYWH = Animals > Meddle > Dark Side

well, I'm a Yea Forums noob, I haven't listened to animals yet. Should I give it a go?

[spoiler]_____________________stone[/spoiler]

Yes it's really good

dubs of truth

I mean it's not my favorite PF album (The Wall is) but it is an amazing concept album. The first and last songs tie up the arc that PF sets up very well and the 3 middle tracks are very creative with their composition and vocals. My only problem is that the album FORCES you to listen to it by itself since the tracks are long and need to be tied to the other tracks. Best cover art though.

Attached: 1554063420126.jpg (1080x1920, 471K)

Great record. Along with Meddle and the Wall, the only PF albums I bother to listen anymore.

It is. Or at the very least tied with The Final Cut.

The Wall is an is an incoherent filler infested album that fails in what it is trying to accomplish.

The Dark Side of the Moon is an exceptional record in my opinion, but has it's bad tracks.

All of the tracks of Wish You Were Here are excellent, but do not fit in sonically in relation to one another.

Meddle is not the underrated gem people want you to believe. "One of These Day" misleads you into believing the album is going to be a prog epic, yet it turns into a lax folk affair afterword, and "Echoes" is utterly vapid.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is very good, but it's a little too twee for my taste.

I know many will label me a contrarian, but my personal favourite PF album is Atom Heart Mother. It might not have the emotional resonance that WYWH or The Wall has, but it's always been near and dear to my heart

>All of the tracks of Wish You Were Here are excellent, but do not fit in sonically in relation to one another.
They kinda do

Lyrically, WYWH is one of Floyd's strongest albums, but all four tracks feel like they belong on four seperate albums. "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" is space rock tinged prog. In contrast "Welcome to the Machine belongs in a whole different category of industrial music. "Have a Cigar" delves into the blues genre. "Wish You Were Here" is the track out of all of them that sticks out like a sore thumb, which says a lot.

mm I def agree here. I feel like the structure is very similar to Animals. Something about Three Pigs makes it fucking amazing. maybe I'm just associating good memories with it due to really good acid trips