What's your opinion on Nirvana?

What's your opinion on Nirvana?

Attached: Untitled12_20220422002737.png (500x603, 529.76K)

who?

bad music

Not really

Good music
He was murdered

Nirvana is a rock band from america, famous for the cocksucker Kurt Cobain who shot himself

i like the song where he says "cum"

Who do you think would murder him? He was a heroin addict, it was drug induced suicide

Grunge is to 80s synthpop what punk was to classic rock/prog.

Musically shit but necessary to remove a bloated predecessor.

Courtney love hired private investigator Tom Grant to find kurt when he left rehab and Tom recorded all the phone calls he had with Courtney in which she seemed very suspect and he made a whole documentary about it but since the Seattle police department declared it and open and shut case on arrival i doubt the case will ever be reopen. Kurt was murdered by Love and she kept all his money Cobain was planning on divorcing her psycho ass and getting away from the spotlight but she had him whacked framed it like a suicide and kept all his money and is still profiting of him today

Grunge is a shitty label given to the early 90s rock scene. Bands like Alice in chains, sounds garden, nirvana, stone temple pilots and mudhoney are great

Forgot to mention Smashing Pumpkins they are also great

What about the kid though? If he divorced he wouldn't see the kid and this would make a fuss all over the news. Plus Kurt was more fucked up than Courtney (it is possible that she made him take drugs but he's still a crazy ass fag)

Smashing pump kins weren't grunge they were faggots

>junkie loser
>has junkie girlfriend
>has talented band
>writes medium music
>distracted by drugs
>horrible to be around
>????
>dead junkie
>foo fighters
dave grohl did this

I can't get into it, but to each their own.

Nirvana were the band that kids in high school said they liked because their older brothers listened to it.

My favorite band. Shook up music, their B-sides were just as good, if not better than their album stuff. Kurt wrote amazing songs and melodies. It's too bad he killed himself.

To me Nirvana sounds really repetitive both in terms of sound and lyrics but most other bands you mentioned are nice

Everyone at the time was a faggot

Foo fighters is an anime character with big boobs

Attached: 12973e2b26db161d20688f3d04281825.jpg (565x565, 41.14K)

Shit and highly overrated. He didn't die soon enough

based (post not kurt)

One of my top 10 bands. Kurt had such a creative and artistic personality. Even though his musical understanding was very minimal, you could tell he poured every ounce of himself into his songs from the pit of his stomach. Shoutout to Kris and Dave for being loud and crazy and exactly what Kurt needed.

I'd highly recommend listening to the In Utero album. It's his best works.

I wouldn't be confident about this, but the theory seems surprisingly plausible.

I read the suicide letter of Kurt Cobain just today and I don't know if the last four lines where he says it's better to burn out than fade away were really written by him.

Way too fucking over-hyped.

Pearl Jam is better than them.

Not bad. Definitely not a good as “they” marketed them to be. Kurt Cobain was “allowed” to kill himself. Sometimes when all the help and options are tried and fail in addition to the individual refusing to get well, people give up on them. In Cobains case, he with Nirvana was in a contract. An obligation to work and produce for compensation. He couldn’t and/or wouldn’t. It’s actually “easier” for a wagie to quit a job and get help than a celebrity is as they could be in breach of contract. Not only do they and many others loose the revenue but they are then liable for damages because of the breach. Not suggesting that there was no way out but unfortunately Cobain mentally couldn’t navigate his way out of it. Of course he’s worth a shit-ton more dead than he was alive.

Low tier music. Only popular because faggot an heroed.

Maybe but the samshing pmpkins sound was actually gay. Not necessarily but just gay.

>I'd highly recommend listening to the In Utero album. It's his best works.
Lmao this faggot literally wrote a song about how much he wants to be raped and it's on this album, idk how someone can like it

I'm going to say it's because of the janitor of the music video of Smellsnlikenteen spirit because that's a secret job to be the cleaner as portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson.

He was used to ripping other artists off

Dude he would've taken the kid he loved her more than anything im sure he would've figured something out by that time he was done with nirvana and wanted to leave the band. Sure kurt was fucked but courntey was the one doing H while she was PREGNANT this bitch is crazy not to mention she was cheating on kurt with billy corgans bald ass lol also it was documented that kurt had a thing with courtneys bassist who ended up dead a little but after kurts death but i guess thats just a coincidence all im saying is that there is a lot of shady shit surrounding this mans death his first mistake was heroin and his second mistake was getting with courntey.

Nirvana and the Beatles are two groups whose popularity I never understood. Their music sounds like the most uncreative, boring, generic, uninspired shit I've ever heard, yet they're both regarded as some of the greatest bands in history?

I don't have an opinion on what happened. But I really don't think he cared what media said. Celebrities divorce all the time. No one cares about their children's custody. It wouldn't have been news.

And while he was fucked up, it wasn't with malice toward others. I'm not saying Love had malice (maybe she did, whatever), but she was more into fame and likely what it brought. Cobain made music because he wanted to play and it got popular. Love enlisted talented musicians (e.g., Cobain, Billy Corgan) to write her music so she could be famous and successful too. If you don't write your own music, you're not doing it for the sake of music.

He got fame he didn't even want through his own efforts. I'm sure the money was nice, but he ultimately wanted to write and play for its own sake. She wanted attention and likely money, evidenced by doing what was necessary to get it.

I ultimately have doubts she had him killed. But they certainly weren't after the same things. It's possible he was no longer an advantage and was becoming an obstacle. If so, it obviously didn't work out for her anyway, aside from money.

David Geffin likes his super-yachts.

>you could tell he poured every ounce of himself into his songs from the pit of his stomach

pouring every ounce of yourself into shit just makes a lot of shit.

He was even taking stuff like riffs from his own songs which were recorded earlier, absolute unoriginal junk

The Beatles at least were a breakthrough from the boring 1950s music. Nirvana though... Nirvana os a piece of shit that didn't do anything. The future of music was started by niggers in ghettos making rap

This.

Weiland
Cornell
Bennington

The pressure.

Right place, right time. In the context of their times, both created and/or contributed to new sounds. It's harder to see when looking back because everyone else immediately emulated them.

A lot of musicians are constantly creating new styles. That's not unique. But sometimes the right sound comes in at the right moment, and that is what makes them so influential.

Good band. The true voice of generation x. Kurt was an hero to take that shot. Dave Grohl started a very famous but very bland rock group called the foo fighters and kris is probably a lefty politician.

Moohahaha eat my medication moohahaha

>absolute unoriginal junk

I wouldn't take it that far....most artists build off their own ideas and even ideas of others. And tbf it was blatant like the sampling shit the niggers started doing around the same time. Plus Cobain didn't try too much to hide it when he got an idea from another idea.

1/10 attempt at trolling. Made me respond.

He sings like his mouth is full of marbles and he made popular music humorless whiney shit for like 15 years. Thanks Kurt.

You touched on something very important. The more lucrative the celebrity, the more people who depend on them continuing. I'm not talking executives, but all of their support, from recording to tours to assistants. They become a business themselves, and livelihoods depend on them. That must be incredible pressure.

>What's your opinion on Nirvana?
Overrated. I was a teen when his band blew up, and have no casual desire to listen to his music after the 90's unlike other bands.

>No one cares about their children's custody.
Cobain hated his fame, that would be hard to take for him
>Cobain made music because he loved to play it
Lmaooo he fucking confirmed that songs like smells like teen spirit were written to get him famous, a lot of other songs were also made for some fucking cause to get money and not because he "loved" it
>It's possible he was no longer an advantage and was becoming an obstacle.
Why did she want him to recover from addiction though? Why did she want to do shit that would benefit him too in a way?

Kris is a Trumptard and plays in a grunge supergroup on the weekends

Dude pearl jams only good song is even flow Alice and chains is way superior shit im not into hair metal but even Guns n roses is better than pearl jam

These were the last words of Cobain... Rape oh I mean RIP

Also he makes fucked up sounds that are not a purpose of the song, like coughing in the beginning. Take your fucking medicine faggot and stop fucking coughing

>Kris is a Trumptard

Who would've guessed Kris would end up the cool one? I had him pegged for one of the fucktards drinking Bernie's piss and swearing it's champagne.

I must agree with that but it's crazy how Nirvana fans seem to be blind when it comes to this

Wrong. Pearl Jam's only good song is Yellow Ledbetter.

Most music fans don't know music

Fun fact that song was originally called Mellow Bedwetter

Novoselic is across the board in his politics. He's remained consistent in supporting First Amendment rights, especially in the arts. He supported Obama, Ron Paul, and supported and was critical of certain actions by Trump. He disavowed the Democratic Party but is also critical of the right. I'm sure his views change through them years, and he's just the kind of person who cares about individual issues more than alignment. Whether I agree on any number of issues, I respect that.

If he didn't have any money he'd be a reddit commie fan if he already isn't

Ya same here. I bought Nevermind at the mall, stuck it in my 6 disk CD changer in my car and enjoyed 2 or 3 tracks off of it.

I guess it was just a good time to be a miserable, angry junkie? Cheer up you good looking rock star, sheesh.

That’s a good fucking take mate.

It would absolutely be hard for him. That's something every living parent has to take into account when considering divorce. But custody wouldn't have been a media frenzy.

Again, I'm sure the money was nice. Another good thing about money and fame is that you get to keep making music without worrying about a job to pay the bills. Many, if not most, successful bands go for those radio hits because they hope they'll eventually have more freedom. He seemingly didn't understand or appreciate the cost of fame.

I'm sure Love, well, loves him. I have serious doubts she had him killed. If pressed, I'd say she didn't. I was playing devil's advocate. Cobain was fucked up, hurting himself and others even if he didn't intent that. He was under a lot of pressure, was sick and suffering constant physical pain from the drugs and stress, and likely couldn't imagine it would ever end. The folly of youth, self-loathing, and short-sightedness.

I guess sometimes you have this desire to listen to junk so you do but later you ask yourself why

ok but very overrated imo. that always happens when an artist/athlete/other famous person dies in their prime.