>too old to enjoy vidya again
How to cope as an oldfag?

Attached: images.png (211x239, 5.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tjzxnn21ezo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>99
>oldfag
You're not even in your mid 20s yet you faggot. You're still basically a child.

Well that's a relief.

>too old to enjoy vidya
I’m 27 and am completing more games a year than I ever did before

Attached: BD323A34-CABB-4E8E-A7FB-6C4972E5DB16.jpg (1024x576, 76.71K)

Wait until you're 28, that's when the real despair sets in

Try a game you haven't given a try before. I was burnt out hard around 2015, but then I tried Dark Souls and Dead Space, games I had long been dismissive of (because 'muh fake difficulty' or 'muh inferior to j-horror' snobbery), and I fell in love with them. They unironically reignited my love of vidya.

Attached: i_hug_that_feel.png (500x461, 31.35K)

I started giving up on games at age 15

Good bait

Based. I stopped playing vidya for years until I tried DS2 in 2016 and it got me into the whole series including bloodborne. (Still haven’t played demon souls though)

Attached: F73E4001-DB8B-45C1-A22F-9391D31DF0F1.jpg (242x208, 7.34K)

Demon's Souls is the most creative out of the whole franchise you should definitely give a try specially if you like DS1

Retard

Yeah I was holding out for a PS5 but I may just try and figure out how to emulate the original

Stop being a retard user. I'm 32, born in 1990 and I still enjoy video games because I don't focus my life around them. I have a full time job, take night classes even though I have a BA, have friends, a cat and a gf. I also love fishing. In the free time I have to play video games, I really enjoy them. Go do other shit and you'll appreciate video games again.

Attached: hmmmm.webm (1280x720, 459.96K)

Dark Souls 2 was also the first one I played, and that got me into the whole series. I have a special place in my heart for DS2.

>tfw 24 turning 25
It's over

Attached: old-man.jpg (1066x1600, 286.85K)

Definitely give Demon's Souls a try, it's my second favorite behind Dark Souls 1. Bloodborne is my third favorite, based choice btw.

>t. really old oldfag

Compared to kids who don't even remember a world without iPhones, 99ers are ancient.

Attached: 1624123931371.png (1979x1195, 147.93K)

Born in 1989, I still hugely enjoy video games.
Did have a bit of a gap in my 20s because I was traveling and living on couches, but it's even better when you start gaming after a decade of missed hits because you can just play amazing games back-to-back.
Only thing getting older did for me is that I can't stand gacha shit, korean f2p, and saturated cartoon-style in any genre.

I've been here since you were 7. Grow up mentally. Don't stack Funko Pop, stack silver, gold, firearms. Find a job that you can do for the next 10+ years without killing your body.

If that what you consider old, I am time itself.

Attached: 1644370353749.jpg (1080x823, 227.88K)

Definitely. Despite all its flaws it felt like a huge adventure at the time. Exploring mysterious lands, collecting crowns and needing summons to defeat the easiest bosses. Good times.

You'll get over it. I spent a few years replaying and catching up on games I missed out on until I was ready to try new ones again.

>Tfw 37 and any day you could wake up with cancer

Attached: 1644276900257.png (479x430, 130.9K)

If you're not having fun with a game within the first 2 hours, stop playing. Don't waste your time on stuff that you don't enjoy. It's pretty fucking simple.

>Born in 85
>still play and enjoy multiple games a week

That's why you get a colonoscopy and see a doctor if things feel off. 86, first colonoscopy in January and I love the drug they gave me.

do you guys have any advice for a 23 year old

Attached: 1560596516055.png (500x340, 161.01K)

I'm actually looking forward to that. I'm tired of life and while video games are totally fine it's the rest of the world that can go suck a fat dick.
Give me cancer so that I get out of this hellhole while I'm getting all the pity in the world.

kys you are selfs

Attached: oomer.png (500x375, 41.94K)

ooooo I feel so hurt by your meta, little boi

Attached: 1639943630113.png (1267x1266, 58.81K)

Yes. Avoid getting older.

Attached: FBjeAScWUAMV3ql.jpg (934x681, 47.64K)

>23yo
>not mid 20s
When do mid 20s begin?

since there was only 1 face in the previous meme your whole point fell apart, so here's another one
I gotchu senpai

Attached: 1637470768802.png (2400x2400, 446.01K)

Don't eat things off the ground.

Attached: sonic says.gif (400x300, 3.56M)

God I wish I was born in 99.
I’d be so young and fit and still had some hope left

knock off

Attached: images (2).jpg (630x487, 33.32K)

In the mid?? are you a fucking retarded or something?

Don't take live too seriously. You're not getting out alive anyway. So go and fuck some chicks.

Based

Born in 99. Still remember when my uncle let me use his iPhone. I was absolutely shocked tech like that existed.

>approaching age for colonoscopy
>getting anesthetized is unimaginably scary
Fucking hell why did you remind me of that

Attached: suicide-pepe-the-frog.jpg (600x600, 42.05K)

Funny thing is the big eye should be from the side of raised eyebrow

Having seen someone die of cancer, it's definitely NOT the way you want to go

>81

How in the fuck can you be scared of going to sleep? And if you were to die, it would literally be the most peaceful death you could ever have?

I've had it 5 times in life and what sucks more is feeling tired for months afterwards if you've had it too frequently (for me it was twice in the same year that fucked me up).

not all cancers are made equal, some are quick and decent enough
I've had 3 people die of cancer, only 1 of which I wouldn't have wanted to trade situations with (lasted 3+ years of everything slowly failling)

I have severe anxiety towards specific situations. Being forcibly put to sleep is one of them. No control, etc... just the way I'm wired. Heart rate climbs to the fucking moon and I enter extreme fucking panic mode. I'll prob have to take something before actual anesthesia

DS2 is only hated by unironic zoomers whos first "good" game was DS1. They came into DS2 with massive expectations and were inevitably let down. Can't blame em, it happened to me when my first elder scrolls game was morrowind.

>82

You come play WWII shooters where not a single player on the sever is under 25 years old.

Attached: hll screen.jpg (1920x1037, 676.97K)

>1990
>2023
>22 years old
user, I.....

>1999
>Old

Fuck you. You're still a child. I was born in 1990, and I still am not old.

this. youre not old and you missed the golden age of 90s vidya. Id feel ashamed if i were you for trying to be one of us.

>turned 18 yesterday
Should I retire from vidya?

Attached: 1630923555307.png (1500x761, 321.69K)

Im 28 and didnt properly play a game since ive started liftng 5 years ago.

Go the chad route lads. Pussy is stank but the gameplay is still nicer.

Go listen to Justin Bieber while flossing.

I'm 23 and I don't know what I'm doing

I'm 31 and not feeling any of that. Maybe if you spent less time here and more time actually trying to enjoy something (videogames or anything else), you'd find that you're still very much capable of it. This board thrives on enforcing misery on everyone.

>86
Dang nice job living a long time. You own guns right?
>98 here
I own guns 4 times my age and guns 1/10th of my age and man they really don't make them like they used to.
Ammo these days is like video games these days, underdeveloped and undermade.
Impossible to find half the cartridges I like because the modern loads are all several hundred fps too slow.

I think you need new glasses.

in your twenties is usually when you start saying it out loud, mainly as a spell to try and avoid it
but afterwards you just start to live it, and you don't feel the need to state it anymore

nobody does, user

pre 1995 are not oldfags
but if you are from 1990 to 1999 and still posting regularly on this board you are either a faggot/virgin/neet/

I'm also 23 and I don't care what I'm doing. Just gonna have fun and take opportunities when they arise. I'm not gonna live my whole live in a week, but I'm also not gonna waste a whole year by trying to live my ideal version of a week instead of taking each week and stuffing its holes with things I want to do in between surviving.

>he's not living in current year +1
Dude you don't even know how shit these new games are, I'm writing my shitposts a year in advance they're so awful

>born in 81
>played Iron Lung, yesterday
>it's fucking GOATed
dude there are great games coming out all the fucking time. Open your eyes.

Attached: ss_8f6028d45627c23f4818e881860aec6ef029fbbf.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 224.27K)

with the power button on your PC

>indie
>David Szymanski

>You own guns right?

OFC. I also found a nice job but I'm squandering it by video game playing and I have a daughter to be born soon.

Anyone else here get a colonoscopy? Rates of colon cancer are growing fast for the young.

yes, and?

Attached: 1636660236420.png (240x240, 39.51K)

That holds true at any stage of your life, famalam

They didn't make a single claim about it being indie.

user isn't pointing out if it was indie or not
user is just pointing out the game is indie and made by David Szymanski a.k.a one hit wonder
get off the pc for a bit

I remember playing Doom and Wolfenstein RPG on pic related. All the cool kids at school had Motorolla Razrs and I was jealous because they looked cool.

Attached: flip.jpg (333x421, 20.14K)

>david symanski
>one hit wonder

Attached: max1.jpg (387x420, 127.31K)

Nice, my Grandfather is 94 and he exercises every day and has a homestead. He actually got me into video games since he owned a 360 back in 2008 and would play Call of Duty World at War and Ace Combat: The Belkan War with me and my brother.

>wojak

tie a noose around your neck and kick the chair

>Made Dusk, which is a good game
>Hasn't made anything fun before or after that

Attached: 1649645590790.png (613x619, 146.56K)

And a jew to boot.

Unironicaly: 29

Any one over the age of 20 is cringe

Unironically me. Also 27 and I finally got the drive to burn down that ficking game log. I'm at like 60 games this year alone

>>Hasn't made anything fun before or after that

Attached: 1640239322433.png (1062x941, 900.38K)

I'm 22 and I'm just living life in autopilot, but what scares me the most is that I have no prospects for the foreseeable future and no friends so I don't see myself not blowing my brains out when my mom is gone due to sheer loneliness alone since she's the only person I talk to on a regular basis
On the topic of videogames, I don't enjoy them like I used to for some reason, maybe because I started college but I can't focus and get autistic with them like I want to and it just kills my enjoyment.

Attached: 1643871899223.jpg (1024x576, 44.33K)

Sucks for you, old man.

>t. just turned 39 today and still enjoying vidya

Attached: rydia.png (600x532, 384.82K)

And where's your Dad???

Mine was 75 in 1994 or so when he had a stroke but if he hadn't had that he would've had a Steam account before me. Had the Internet in 1991 and all kinds of "computer games."

I was born in 98. I’m already completely bald and I feel like I have Alzheimer’s. Is this from getting crossfaded every time I don’t have work the next day?

it's because of the hormones in your chicken tenders

I just turned 33 and I still play video games. I also watch video game streams. I do take breaks every now and then but I honestly don't see myself ever quitting.

that's because you enjoy videogames. Godspeed, my dude.

Happy birthday, young man.

How do you enjoy videogames?

Thanks fren.

ftfy

Attached: 1650471159423.png (1979x1195, 191.84K)

1990 here. Still enjoy and play/beat games that are coming out currently. You've just got depression dude. Like you need to talk to someone depression not funny meme Yea Forums depression.

I'm a 24 yo zoomer and I never imagined I'd enter my mid-20s maidenless (virgin), jobless, overweight, friendless and still living with my parents.
Everything I liked to do when I was a teenager fucking sucks right now, like gaming and reading. I just end up watching anime and masturbating all day.

Same here. Was thinking of quitting gaming back in 2011 but Dark Souls 1 reignited my love for it. My favorites are Bloodborne and Demons, but I generally like all of them.

Have you tried not being a whiny bitch?

I have funny Yea Forums depression dude

This pretty much sums me up.

Do you exercise? What is your diet like? How much sleep do you get?

In fact, don't even answer here. Sort it out.

you either like or you don't, man. it's like any hobby. Videogames has some strange crossover from social rejects who use it as a means to escape from their own interpersonal ineptitude. They're not here because they like what vidya has to offer, they're here because they're losers and the girls in vidya don't make fun of them for being fucking weirdos.

You’re just in the mid 20s dip. I didn’t play anything from 22-27 and then I started enjoying games again.

Thanks, bro.
k, I have nothing left to contribute to this thread, so I'm going to fuck off to play more vidya.
Later, dudes.

Attached: ayla.jpg (907x1138, 557.79K)

Attached: 1544830724764.jpg (965x235, 78.09K)

>mfw 40 year old Yea Forumsirgins
what age do people stop coming here

Attached: 1622844309237.png (462x450, 189.25K)

Do everything I didn't do

>stop coming here
Heh, good one.

Attached: forever.gif (374x280, 1.04M)

Anonymous...

this motherfucker is miserable and insufferable to talk to
-t. born in 81

drop the anime & hentai and literally all of life will change for the better
leave it to the next generation, and in a few years you'll even feel legitimate making nostalgia threads about stupid soulless shit you used to like

When our heart stops beating

Time only moves faster grandpa, especially now with so much technology. I have as much in common with younger zoomers as I do with older millennials, that's how large the generational divides are getting.

people need to get off of video games
youtube.com/watch?v=tjzxnn21ezo

I wanna be that. I wanna make shitty nostalgia threads about the soulless things I liked, when is the new generation of zoomies coming?

>21
>neet
>dropout
>no friends
>no license
>no social media
>khv
>don't engage in drugs/ alcohol
I am a complete loser and i don't care perhaps i'm content even.

Attached: 20210507_092545.png (640x640, 236.68K)

what's the most perfect age to be lurking 4channel? like if I wanted the true user experience.

Attached: 1629991604573.jpg (612x574, 66.12K)

I turned 37 this year and just recently got back into videogames after quitting booze and needing something to fill the time so I wasn't tempted to drink.

>wojak
>hates modern meme culture
>>wojak

Attached: 1650475943494.jpg (400x400, 70.47K)

20-25.
If you're over 25 it gets weird.

I was born in 90 and i still enjoy games you retarded burnt out zoomer.

I'll be 32 in a few weeks and still play an assload of vidya. Would have had kids by now but my genes are tainted with bipolar and schizophrenia so I'm doing the world a service by not reproducing.

Attached: 513sGSkAPML._AC_SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13.68K)

>If you're over 25 it gets weird.
nah it gets funnier.

Not 100% accurate but pretty close
T.2000 protozoomer

I'd say about 5 more years before we start seeing the early wave of it, but about 10 years until the top nostalgia threads feature Fortnite and gacha games

Reminder that you're here forever

Honest to god it's 15. You can unironically enjoy Yea Forums at that age.

>born in 99
>feeling old
If you're old then I must be ancient

>Stop

I will never stop. I've dumped too much OC on Yea Forums by now, im emotionally invested in the success of this shithole and it's culture.

Attached: videogames.jpg (1296x1728, 644.48K)

>people ITT that received a 360/wii/ps3 as their first console
>had a psp/ds in elementary
>calls ps2 "retro"
lads, growing old sucks.

Attached: 1641929213042.jpg (1446x1522, 125.13K)

I agree

Supreme taste, user.

Do everything except drugs, they can really fuck you up.

stay away from women

I don't play fortnite,I meant more along the lines of the JRPGs I like or our happenings
How long until shit like MOOOOOODS WHERES MY WIFES SON or the cyberpunk shazam memes or the Tlou2 templates become SOVL?
on the topic of anime, Attack on titan is a decade old now, holy fuck.

Attached: 1636851281376.png (325x300, 73.89K)

>do you guys have any advice for a 23 year old
Enjoy yourself, it's not even 25
t. 24

>I'm 23
>time for my midlife crisis

I can't wait for you to turn 30, it's gonna be hilarious.

Attached: 1612311179250.jpg (600x600, 55.8K)

We regularly have Halo 3 and Modern Warfare nostalgia threads. That's already baffling to me and I'm not particularly old.

I’m 33 and have been thoroughly enjoying don’t starve together lately, hate that the devs completely gave up on main game and only focus on dst though.

Shut the fuck up zoomzoom

Mid-20s.
>old enough and with enough board experience to simply ignore bad posts/threads and seek out interesting ones
>not so old that the general humour of zoomers is lost on you

If you're very young like say 14 or so, it's fucked up to go on Yea Forums and see gore and CP (and Yea Forums is for some reason the most common board people visit first).
So at least 17 or 18.
You will never live the "true" Yea Forums experience anyway because Yea Forums was good from 2003 to around 2011. It has changed a lot since.

Halo 3 is like, over a decade old now? so is MW to some extent I guess, I grew up with those games but I don't inherently feel nostalgic just yet about them.
t. 99er

That means getting drunk and high right? Then yes, smoking weed when your brain is still developing can really affect your memory. For men, brain development stops at 25. So if you started smoking weed at 15 or something you might have messed with your brain's development

Thanks man.

Yeah my first console was a Sega Genesis but my oldest brother had the Sega Master System. Had Shinobi, Hang-On and Safari Hunt for it.

>drop the anime & hentai and literally all of life will change for the better
Why?

>23
>still no apprenticeship
>still living with my parents
>they want to retire in three to four years
what do i do?

Attached: 1632947125369.png (414x415, 316.78K)

>24
>constanly feel lonely
Wonder how it'll feel when I reach 30

>halo 3 and MW nostalgia
Dude it was old in 2015 when servers started getting shut down for games, by 2017 it was history'd to corporate killing.

>I was born in 98. I’m already completely bald
this nigga in his 20s walking around with a norwood 7, I can't think of a worse fate

Attached: 1642772561743.png (326x311, 175.31K)

im a 1996 boomer and all this shit is too old for me

NEETbux

>born in 1999
you were fucked from the start, son

>Wonder how it'll feel when I reach 30
lonely and bald

there isn't a simple deterministic pathway to explain it, but it does

You muricans got so fucked in the ass by the system that you genuinely think living with your parents after 20 yo is something so bad that you auto become a neet or a economic leech
Get real and either seek a career or get a job

Being below average height is way worse than being bald, and arguably worse than being a chinlet.

You can't fix being a manlet.

Attached: 1633661378794.jpg (609x800, 39.55K)

Must suck to have bad genetics
I'm 31 with a head full of hair and my hairline is straight as an arrow. Feels good

You're here forever.
10 years ago it was weird to see 30 year old people here, now it's pretty common myself included.

Be glad that you have parents

dont think im eligible for it in my country
not american, also rent free

make a bunch of money. That's literally all that it takes. Be as bald, fat and short as you want, if you make enough cash everything is fine.

>manlet
move to asia
>chinlet
i've seen korean surgery do miracles

Why?

Cope boomer

Attached: 1591928899174.png (790x605, 728.73K)

ah, I see I'm dealing with a toddler
take this and fuck off then

Attached: 1648095803357.jpg (474x785, 38.3K)

Just be confident

Im from 87
Still enjoying games
Is a You problem

>don't play games for five years
>still post on Yea Forums
Sounds like the average Yea Forumsirgin

Most zoomers aren't like this.

Adventure Time is so good but then they introduced the fire princess and it nosedived into pure unwatchable shit.

>he fell for the "YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CAREER AND A HOUSE BY 19 OR YOU'VE FAILED AT LIFE" meme

Don't get suckered by housing market fucks, multi-generational households were the norm up until the last century when suddenly the banks wanted every family broken up into manageable little sources of interest.

lol good ones

Same, but I'm 24

>31
>got to that phase 4 years ago
>learned some boomer hobbies such as arc welding and metallurgy
>i started to enjoy vidya again

>manlet
>move to asia
If you're 5'6" or less you'll be short wherever you go, except if you move to poor as fuck countries which is definitely not a solution.

>1997
>more hours clocked browsing 4channel than playing videogames

Attached: 1619442675683.png (678x424, 187.59K)

Is it too late to flee from Russia if you're like 23?

>redditjak
>facebookfrog
Kill yourself

Attached: aredditorwillarriveshortlytoclaimtherightisbetter.jpg (1024x510, 127.52K)

You made a claim you can't back with simple logic.
Why?

Ah so you're not a toddler but an autistic teen then.
Here's a hug

A bald guy with a decent face and confidence will still get mad pussy

>Still replying

Why?

>I was born in 98. I’m already completely bald
Embrace it and shave your head entirely.

Yeah I wonder if the average age of anons has gone up, and by how much

>98 baby
Just this year I've spent more time arguing about game I bought than I have spend time playing said games

Because I like cute lil buggers like you :)

98 ancient fag here, it's over

Why would you want to flee to a place where everyone hates you and will discriminate against you?

Why don't zoom zoom zoomers like video games?

>86
>having a daughter soon
Whatever you say, Abraham.

But I was enjoying vidya just yesterday and was born in 1991?
Maybe you just need to play actually good games, OP, or take a short break.
Do something new or different for yourself.

the luster of vidya has been lost on me. I don't feel like playing anything anymore and it's not because im burnt out or anything, it's just nothing interests me anymore. I think I'm losing interest in vidya as a whole hobby. perhaps, in the future the feeling of excitement and enjoyment will come back. however, in my mid 20s, vidya doesn't hit anymore

If there weren't newfags the natural thing is that every year that average goes up one year.

Just hate them back then

this, video games are meant to be cheap entertainment not a substitute for a life

Zoomers love CoD and Minecraft and Fortnite.

Does having a child get in the way of you playing vidya tho

Well, I think I can easily disown my nationality if there will be a real opportunity

Whatever your goals are for life, start working on them now, like literally right now. Thinks get harder with age, you get weaker, you can’t see or hear as well, you get tired more easily, you are less healthy. Soon your dreams become impossible

>can't read
86 YEARS OLD WITH A BABY ON THE WAY NIGGER

The anons replying to you about it being okay for you to still live with your parents are right. I'm 27 and still live with mine, plus I have a rental property that I could move into but I decided to make extra income on the side with it and save even more. Be glad your parents aren't retarded and didn't kick you out the second you turned 19 like some do

Take it from me man, being a Slav in the west is shit, none of the benefits the nonwhites are getting, with the current events I can't imagine how badly Russians are treated

I'm already going to do this, no need to remind me

>he doesn’t know

>23
>parents retiring
jesus man, how are they retiring in their 40s

play some elden ring, idiot

they might be city workers.
Shit man, you start driving a garbage truck in your 20s you'll be set to retire at 55 with six figures in your savings, EASILY

The fuck is janny doing?
Are threads supposed to be about a specific videogame?
I thought the whole point of Yea Forums was that you could talk about videogaming in general, or talk about gaming from a broader perspective?
It'd be nice to have clarity on this sort of thing, I don't exactly think it was a great thread but it's removal just seems weird to me when the catalog is full of outright off topic shit.

REMEMBER TOGI Yea ForumsROS???

REMEMBER WHEN INTERNET WHORES MEANT SOMETHING???

Attached: 1650477710229.jpg (790x592, 225.09K)

u mad?

>born in 1986
>enjoying a lot more vidya since I have a better income than a teenager.

Attached: 1633959299808.jpg (286x461, 36.32K)

But do you have the time to finish them tho

Well, we are on Yea Forums I suppose, retards like you are the norm here, more just confused newfriend.

I didnt in my 20 to 30 age range, but now that I'm the boss I do actually have time to play them and enjoy as much as I did back in the day.

nah, they have their own restaurant but they are nearing their 60s, at least my dead and he worked his ass off his entire life and his health is waning.

Born in 87
Can't enjoy anything

Attached: thoden-7d569d1f-50a3-4ffa-b2f4-6e2f47a4bd1-resize-750.jpg (750x571, 111.27K)

>I have as much in common with younger zoomers as I do with older millennials
how? I'm the opposite

Im 96 and young zoomers are all about blm lgbt nonsense, are ungrateful cunts that shit-talk their family online for likes, can't do basic computer shit despite being online all day, and stream their music instead of downloading it