How did you quit drinking?

My alcoholism is having serious effects on my health. Alcoholic gastritis is really starting to wreck my body and of course my liver count is through the roof.

I have a good looking wife great kids and we make great money. Nice house, boat, live on lake, etc… but alcohol is really starting to kill me.

Here where I live (WI) most people are drunks. Pretty much all my friends are. It’s sadly the norm here.

Attached: 71587BA1-6F5F-4193-A996-E7BCB2DB63CB.jpg (2121x1414, 239.71K)

>How did you quit drinking?
Don't. The world needs less ppl like you

Successful white people who breed to make more successful white people?

Nice try retard. Lol

I got married and wanted to stay married that's how I stopped. Now I just buy one or two of these at a time and no more. Well that's what I bought before moving to Canada. Now with super expensive alcohol and cheap legal weed I have little chance of becoming a drunk again.

Attached: 5d8a3cf49f73846a4e41e41711d7f83b_640x640.jpg (640x640, 67.65K)

Go to an AA meeting. Not even joking. They’re not as bad as everyone thinks they are

Awe shit brother. I know how it goes breh. I live in WI too homie. I quit a month ago. Just stop nigger. Drop the bottle and try some AA meetings fag. Do it retard. Get sober fucker.

quitting drinking was the easiest fucking thing i ever did

I haven't entirely stopped so can't claim to know a full answer to your question, but I picked up a hobby and generally just got myself more work/chores/etc to get more busy and that has limited my drinking quite a lot.
I haven't got clear numbers but I would say I today drink about half of what I did around this time last year.

suck a fat cock

Quitting something requires a baad experience from it. That's the sign of stopping.

What you faggot?. You asked for help retard. Now get some slut. Put the bottle down and go to meetings you jag weed ass looking fag doctor. Quit being a worthless dork gazer

If you are going to bed sober more often than with alcohol in you I'd say you stopped being a drunk. Unless you are one of those obnoxious drunks that goes out and gets into shit then it isn't much of a problem anymore.

Post pictures of family at the beach in wet swimsuits

He would but he's a larper straight from reddit

Nah I wouldn't describe myself as a drunk at all.
And I can become a fucktard when drunk and around people I don't like but that shit happens maybe once every two years.

i tasted it. realized it tastes like literal shit and hurts to stomach and so i never drink it. im addicted to marijuana tho

Fpbp

Naltrexone!! Google the Sinclair ld Facebook groups for support and research. Search reddit.

The Sinclair method to quit drinking. There is a company called monument that will give you the prescription for Naltrexone online for a fee.

Taper off, then fill the booze void with less harmful distractions.

I started drinking less after I went to a therapist. The meds he gives me are enough to kill the urge to get shitfaced. Go see a therapist, do a few sessions, take his meds, learn a lesson and go back to him if you ever start drinking too much again. If the therapist you go to doesn't prescribe you meds I can't say for sure how you'll go through that, psychanalysis is a form of therapy I'm familiar with but I can't say it worked for me, I need pills to pop because I'm a junkie... (I went to a therapist first for my drug problems but he didn't do shit, the second therapist I went to for my drinking problem gave me meds and talks to me about some things other than my problems and it's working a lot better.)
Don't be too hard on yourself, there's a good chance your problem will be solved easily if you're not 24/7 on the substance.

How many drinks how often? Be honest.

>I can become a fucktard when drunk and around people I don't like
Well that's everyone if drunk and around shitty people.

Not doing something is literally the easiest thing in the world to do. It takes zero effort, requires absolutely no action, zero calories are burned.

Just don't drink. Someone says "hey, want a beer?" you say "no thanks". You find yourself in a bar checking out the top shelf, you just don't buy anything. Buying food... see booze... just don't pick it up.

There is nothing more to it than that. Every other system based on getting you to stop is based ENTIRELY on this principle. You can wrap it up however you want. You can say that some higher power has control over you, you can say that you're in control of yourself, you can say that fucking reptillian aliens are making you do it.

None of that matters.

Just don't drink.

Works for me.

I had a few experiences that just made me stop. The shame the day after starting fights with strangers and walking up at women i only went home with because i could just made me stop over night when it all caught up with me.
Still cringe at my own childish behavior when i think back to it.
To be clear i can still drink a beer now and then but never get drunk and stop as soon as I feel it affecting me.
Ive had some rough experiences and can sometimes feel like I still Want to get drunk to numb it all but The Years have taught me that it dont, i just take it out on strangers that do not at all deserve my shit.
Best of luck to you buddy! It can be done if you put your mind to it.

>Not doing something is literally the easiest thing in the world to do.
That's awesome advice user you should try telling that to the 70% of the population that is overweight they probably never heard it before

I don't know about that, I think most people can control themselves better than me, I got in a handful of fights over the years.
What I mean when I say I become a bit of a fucktard is really I become overly confrontational and conflict seeking.

>Don't take your own meds
>Pay a shrink to take his meds
Ok

and everyone clapped

Calculate the price.

Attached: kekistan.jpg (1067x600, 47.13K)

Dude people who drink will absolutely drink if they are doing nothing or have nothing to do.
This is complete bs advice you have no clue about this obviously.

>bro just don't do it
Worst advice ever. Want to kill yourself? Just stop breathing bro.
Once the body picks up a habit it's near impossible to stop without external help. What you're saying by "just don't do it" is getting help is a sign of weakness.

>who breed to make more alcoholics
ftfy

Cut back slowly. Replace it with tea. Quitting alcohol was the hardest thing I ever had to do because I love how I feel when I'm a few drinks in.. but you need to find other ways to be happy.

Switch it out for tea or coffee.

Do some reflection. There's a reason why you're drinking. You're likely trying to escape something.

I went to AA, sober 30 yrs. I’m not really of the “God will fix it” / supernatural bend but it’s true that what they do there helps people get sober, even if you can’t buy everything.

I found aa very uncomfortable. But then again I hate Narcissists

I drink because I like being buzzed up. Not “escaping” anything

> Just don't drink.
This is common among those who don't suffer from addiction. If this principle worked, everyone would do it. They can't, though. You're correct, abstinence is required. However, telling someone to "just" not do it won't work.

OP, you can find others to help you. For me it was AA and that was eleven years ago. I had help doing what I could not do on my own. It's a very different life today, and that's my experience. All the best.

>and everyone clapped
This is why ppl like you are weak and die doing stupid things.

You know what? OP should just keep drinking till he's dead. Would also help if he blamed everyone while he's doing it.

>bs advice
OP should drink
OP is weak

Op isn't going to respond because this is another fucking larp thread.

>it's near impossible to stop without external help.

Funny thing is that I quit smoking and drinking.

It's not fucking hard if you try.
You are weak
OP should die
OP's kids should not breed

I should add, I quit all mind altering drugs with alcohol since for me and many others, trying to cut back or change drugs wasn’t going to produce the change I was going to need to really heal and usually ends up back in the same spot. I just know that for me, my primary interest was getting loaded, and that was ruining the rest of my life. As you see, it just keeps taking more and more from the rest of you, and that process was speeding up.

What you're most likely to try ecaping is boredom. I went to a therapist because drinking made me feel bad and I enjoyed it too much. I have a lot of shit to bear, I'm grieving a lot of people, I know that's why I started drinking but knowing it won't make me stop.
Seeing a therapist to get a medical treatment and shoot the shit without having a drink offered to you is the best way to get out of problematic drinking. It's not even like the guy will blow your mind with pills, it's just therapy. Replacing alcohol with another substance to cling to isn't how the problem will solve itself.

If it was t for the health issues I would

Then you never started to begin with. I think you're a fag, sir.

Who larps about wanting to quit drinking?

>boredom
Is this the worst of normiez worry's? Holy shit I'm jealous. I'm an alcoholic from being molested and having two NPD parents

Haha, well, they are everywhere. Some people stay fucked up forever, but all you can do is find a way to improve your odds, which seemed to happen there for a lot of people.

>Who larps about wanting to quit drinking?
Weird Yea Forums users who need constant attention

>Alcoholic gastritis is really starting to wreck my body and of course my liver count is through the roof ... alcohol is really starting to kill me.

Dude, this should be the sign to quit. It sounds like the health risks are becoming less and less of an abstraction than a very real thing for you. You're probably starting to feel physical pain from this. I'm guessing you're also starting to reach a point where your body's ability to metabolize alcohol is decreasing while the quantity of alcohol needed to stave off withdrawal symptoms is increasing; eventually the latter will surpass the former, assuming it hasn't already. Perhaps your appetite is going down, and you are not getting the nutrients needed, as seems likely with gastritis. If you don't stop, this will get worse, and probably sooner rather than later. When I still drank, I started to manifest symptoms like these in the last three months. It all culminated in throwing up blood, having a seizure and waking up in a hospital three days later and being told that I nearly died at the time and would be dead within six months if I didn't quit drinking immediately and completely. Being told that scared me straight. Sometimes it really does take death being imminent to knock you into taking the needed action, but I hope you don't need something like what happened to me to finally quit drinking.

Go to an AA meeting, or if you don't like that, try Life Ring. Maybe couple that with an outpatient rehab for the first 1-3 months. Cultivate new hobbies, perhaps with people you meet in the rehab and/or support groups if being around friends you used to drink with is a possible relapse trigger. It may not seem like it now, but there is a life and a world out there that does not involve or require alcohol.

people shit on your post because it was stupid user, don't take it to heart

Are you referring the 5% success rate as alot of ppl?

I did it because I enjoyed it.
Realized that it would become a problem.
Stopped doing it.

I didn't emotionalize it.
I didn't cry to anyone.
I just fucking did it.
OP is weak.
Alcohol is doing society a favor and killing the OP.
You post like a faggot yourself and should probably seek help from a mother figure in your life.

"a star is born" is what real sobriety looks like

Are you here to get roasted or do you actively try to solve your problems? Maybe unmolest yourself dude, I dunno.

your parents are cops? that's so cool user

Wasn't my post. But is is fact.

You ppl are fucking weak.
Alcohol cleans wounds.
Alcohol cleans society of the weak.

If you can't just stop doing something then you are a retard or just destined to die.

I assume you're referring to the Lady Gaga one, yeah it's alright

So strong and stoic and dreamy. You also sound like a dry drunk

>your parents are cops
They thought they were

Maybe stop replying to me

Keep confirming my opinion. I actually want a mother figure but the queue to your mom was too long.

Attached: 90145683_2316648068628010_4346886531416326144_o.jpg (1080x946, 69.38K)

Attached: 90930464_2841251269245769_6296488340166279168_n.jpg (497x497, 24.98K)

You sound like a pathetically weak boy who blames all his shortcomings on others.

The truth hurts.
Deal with it.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x252, 601.21K)

You still sound like a dry drunk. Good job on not fixing the root of your problems

You can't stop me.

Attached: 694.gif (368x480, 1.27M)

>I actually want a mother figure

But you settle for the bottle.
I get it.
Stay weak.

That figure sounds low but it’s true that a lot of people keep using. I’m not trying to sell anything, just know a ton of people who managed to get a lot better. Hopefully, recovery methodologies keep improving- understanding of addiction has been improving and I suspect that will reframe a lot of programs and methods.

Wow, you hurt my feefees really hard with that comeback.

You can keep projecting your envy but at the end of the day, you are the weakling who can't solve his own problems.

Really user, just keep drinking.
Life isn't cut out for everyone.

>hurt my feefees
easy to do with alcoholics

don't worry sport
you won't remember this convo tomorrow

>You still sound like a dry drunk
Not him but his response validated your guess. I agree if you can't have a single beer without 'falling off the wagon' ie continuing to get blackout drunk you are just ignoring the problem and treating symptoms.

The only reason you have any of those things is because you're an alcoholic.
Embrace your demons and let them kill you, OP.

Now that's better! Too bad I'm fucking sober. I'll actually remember the weakest I've ever been insulted on that website.

Ok yeah, I was expecting this, and honestly I don't blame you. This comes up every time, and I keep coming back to it because I actually do care enough to do so.

First of all: assuming that I know nothing about addiction is both wrong and assumptive. I have been addicted to both alcohol and painkillers. I know what it's like... for me.

Secondly: the advice, if you actually read it all and take it all in, is not to simply "not drink", but to understand what all the other systems have in common. All the other ways, the processes, the "nth" step programs... what do they all have in common?

Some programs say that you save yourself, others say that you're saved by others, yet more say that you're saved by God almighty.

The single granular truth of all of them is this: don't drink.

You get yourself in to a position where that IS workable, where that IS something you WANT to do... and then you don't drink.

Just don't drink.

Do you understand now?

I started working out and got into skirmish tabletop games. No time for drinking - either it would kill my workout from that day or the next, or the gaming keeps me busy. I play, glue or paint my models, make terrain, do some research, etc.

Both are social activities and I've met some girls and made some friends too. I used to drink heavily and do drugs ocasiobally before, now I got kinda built and improved my life all around.

Fuck, that sounds rough.

Honestly to god finding an alcohol or two I genuinely like has kinda been weird. Now I kinda crave it for whatever reason, managed to hold off and shit. But it's still concerning im ngl

Attached: Discord_QogBDZFjmT.png (234x191, 95.76K)

Says he stopped. Shows proof that he hasn’t stopped. What a retard.