I've sunk 30-40 hours into this piece of music and it's just not going the way i want it to i want to fucking smash my...

i've sunk 30-40 hours into this piece of music and it's just not going the way i want it to i want to fucking smash my head against a wall until the blunt force trauma jolts my fucking braincells into connecting and coming up with an idea resembling a coherent, practicable thought i swear to god this is fucking killing me

i'm just gonna leave it alone for a week and come back to it when i'm no longer on the verge of a mass shooting

music for this feel

Attached: i don't like black people.jpg (540x304, 41K)

I've been told to listen to this loud in my car if I ever get tired of music. I haven't listened to it yet though.

Attached: 10_700_700_mrg415.jpg (700x700, 165K)

Suicide- Choking Victim

it's okay. you learnt something along the way

kevin shields spent like 3 years recording loveless

I'm considering switching instruments because I'm becoming so frustrated with guitar. I've been playing for over 10 years on and off, but I'm still incredibly mediocre. I'm thinking of picking up either drums, bass, or piano.

post what you have so far, op

Drop it, it will always be shit

Suicide is painless-Jonny Mandel

Calm the fuck down, if you're getting this pissed making music then you're fucking something up. youre not supposed to have to torture yourself to make shit dude

I am so fucking horny I would do anything to smash that fucking ass right now
Fuck I need to give up on online dating and just start going to parties and bars again

Just sing melodies into a recording app on your phone. It's like taking notes. Looking at an instrument makes you form patterns that some people have a hard time escaping. Using vocals to create is much more lenient and natural

At what point do you have to realize though that music just doesn't come naturally to you and perhaps you should try other artistic pursuits?

boo hoo. spend a few thousand hours on it then get back to us

That's what you get for making music in a DAW

when you no longer enjoy music. it's okay to take breaks. i've been making music and playing instruments for like 7 years and I think I've been mentioned on mu once. all i have is the knowledge that i get better every few months. just keep working. music doesn't come "naturally" magically. you have to work for a LONG time before it feels natural

thats a boys ass, user

desperate times my friend

Post it. Even vocaroo it. Might not even be that bad.

what is that?
a whole big bad week?
or like a long day?

either way, youre a twat.

i know how you feel.
for the longest time i put off actually finishing a song, and my first one has taken me a month to get it to a decent level.
a month of literal autistic spergouts where i almost punched holes in my wall out of frustration, spent literally hours on a fucking single verse/changing the chorus/making it flow better/sperging out over the melody not being good enough, etc. it gets better, and it helps to step away. the most important thing is to not over complicate stuff.

t. Brian Wilson circa 1967

Toast is a banger though