Thought this was going to be a bunch of shitty generic blues riffs over a old man crysinging

>thought this was going to be a bunch of shitty generic blues riffs over a old man crysinging
>turns out to be a fucking masterpiece

Why didn't you tell me about this, Yea Forums? You told me PF went to shit after Syd left.

Attached: 600x600bf.png (600x600, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3N4Smp14vbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is probably the best album i have ever listened to, most of Yea Forums ignores it because they havent taken the time to read the lyrics, i also used to think it was going to be shitty dadrock and didnt give it much attention at first but now I fucking love it

I like Pink Floyd now but as a kid I was meh on everything except the wall, and it’s still my favorite

Yeah, the Wall is great. Probably my favorite PF album.

Mu core with out a doubt

An album that black and mixed race people will never be able to appreciate, so most of /my/ hates it.

This album ain't even the best post-barret album bro

I listened to this entire album almost daily back in 7th grade and I still revisit it every once in a while. It's good shit, Dark Side of the Moon doesn't compare even though people love to suck that one off more.

it’s final cut

Great bait mate

Yea Forumstants will only shill albums that are pseudo-intellectual and try to be something they will never be. You're better off not listening to the advice of the hivemind

>thought this was going to be a bunch of shitty generic blues riffs
Why would you think this?

>turns out to be a terrifying dive into insanity
The growing tension on empty spaces is top tier

I prefer Animals to this, but it is still very good.

I saw Roger Waters perform the Wall when I was very young. Changed my life. It became my favorite album for a long time and got me into some of my favorite bands as well as music composition.

It’s still pretty good, but it seems more self-indulgent and contrived to me these days. Like a slightly higher-brow version of Muse’s the Resistance.

If you like this I would recommend Roger Waters’ solo stuff. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking and Amused to Death are both reasonably good despite being a little stupid, and are the concept album ideas that Pink Floyd rejected in favor of the Wall.

Attached: 0314ACE3-26D1-4197-A4C6-064AA49239BE.jpg (620x387, 49K)

This album is Yea Forumscore, it is very popular here and almost everyone likes it.

radio kaos is also really good

I mean, it's an alright album. I feel like it goes on for a bit too long and is just kind of a long winded rant when it could be condensed down by a lot, getting rid of some of the shorter tracks, keeping the bricks in the wall, staying numb, and whatnot.

TL;DR could be shorter but still be good.

radio kaos is his worst

Yeah I never fucked with that one.

:(

Attached: 33E313E9-48D9-4B4F-A721-C1989450014E.jpg (960x720, 59K)

>Yea Forumstants will only shill albums that are pseudo-intellectual and try to be something they will never be

You mean the Wall?

either way he’s a jew hater

This.

It's a shame that Roger has lost the plot lately and forgot that The Wall wasn't a treatise on the political nature of physical walls, but rather an introspective look on the isolating nature of modern society to empathetic people. I think trying to shoehorn political commentary with this is really unfair to his younger self. The Wall just, to me, isn't very political except incidentally. It seems to be more motivated by isolation, and by madness.

>You told me PF went to shit after Syd left.
It did

Almost everybody here likes the wall, and pf in general.

>high school, my favorite album
>getting into 'patrician' music, hated it
>now with a matured taste, I love it again
I don't get it

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Attached: 1534556696481.png (960x960, 1.21M)

OOOOH BAAABE

Goodbye blue sky is the best song on it, debate me

>inb4 comfortably numb boomers

The Wall, Animals, The Dark Side of the Moon, Red, Crime of the Century, Close to the Edge, etc. will always be goddamn masterpieces to me.

>All in all you were
>Just another brick in the wall

Attached: ger.jpg (746x541, 45K)

It is a great album. has to be one of my favorites. The flow between songs is great. its meant to be listened to in one sitting.

What are you even talking about I'm black and love it just fine. I guess you're referring to in the flesh? Guess who missed the whole point of that song?

Find it pretty boring. I prefer saucerful of secrets, dark side and animals. But i prefer Genesis, find it more beautiful and melodic

part 3 gets me going everytime even though its so short.

im from guyana and this was the most listened album on my ipod viddy

I don't care about your opinion so FUCKING FUCK OFF@!!!!@@!!!

youtu.be/3N4Smp14vbs

I wish this could've made it onto the actual album

it's kinda good, not a masterpieces as the plebs says, but is nice. Nice pop songs there

dont leave me now is on the album

YOU CANNOT REACH ME NOW

>went to shit after syd left

They became good after syd left. Anyone who thinks early floyd is better than 70's floyd is delusional.

Attached: boomer.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Ok tf are you talking about? PF got shit after Syd left??

My favourite album for a year or two. Was the first album that I really got into fairly deep. Got emerged in the lyrics and concept, listening to the full thing is like a journey. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, though. But it is very, very good.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is a definitive visionary masterpiece of psychedelic rock. Post-Syd Floyd is watered-down armchair rock with progressive pretenses.

>thought this was going to be a bunch of shitty generic blues riffs over a old man crysinging

No it's underwritten mid-tempo rock with bloodless 80s production over an old millionaire whining to his therapist.

cut, wall, animals then the rest

>hasn't seen the movie

yeah man its one of the most famous albums

Let this be a lesson to you that you should listen to albums yourself and not pay attention to the meme opinions of it.

The album is explicitly anti-fascist you dumb shit

tried listening to this but couldn't get into it.
loved wywh. dsotm is my favorite though, what pf album should i try next?

Attached: 1529182800474.png (882x758, 17K)

>the album is explicitly anti-fascist you dumb shit

Attached: 1557214372582.jpg (231x250, 16K)

Don't you know that good ol' Roggo is a commie?

My favourite Pink Floyd album. Especially the "hey you" song resonates with me

Animals

No it's not lol
It's literally about Trump's wall

>The Wall
>masterpiece
topkek

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

On the off chance someone else in this thread is into this kind of shit, I'm gonna post this extra-long version that I saw not so long ago. I didn't put this together but enjoy these sorts of thought exercises
inb4 this is retarded etc.
Bricks In The Wall (1980)
Side 1:
1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 1)
4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
6. Mother
Side 2:
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. Sexual Revolution
11. One of My Turns
12. Don’t Leave Me Now
13. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 3)
14. Goodbye Cruel World
Side 3:
15. Hey You
16. Is There Anybody Out There?
17. Your Possible Pasts
18. One of The Few
19. The Hero’s Return
20. The Gunner’s Dream
21. Paranoid Eyes
Side 4:
22. The Fletcher Memorial Home
23. Nobody Home
24. Cry From The Street
25. Southampton Dock
26. When The Tigers Broke Free
27. Vera
28. Bring The Boys Back Home
29. The Final Cut
Side 5:
30. I Can’t Breathe Anymore
31. Comfortably Numb
32. The Show Must Go On
33. In The Flesh
34. Run Like Hell
35. Not Now John
Side 6:
36. There’s No Way Out Of Here
37. Waiting For The Worms
38. Stop
39. The Trial
40. Outside The Wall

Unironically would've been the album of the century. Roger Waters' Der Ring des Nibelungen.

Dark Side, WYWH & Animals - class
Piper - class in a different way

Meddle - shit (except for Echoes)
The Wall - shit

That's the weirdest way I've seen someone spell Vera

>let me post this extra long version of a too-long album
No fuck off

Try a single-disc The Wall instead

The Wall just isnt that good. Animals is peak Pink Floyd. Its the classic sound you expect from them. The songs flow well. All the songs are great.

Attached: B04925D7-6ADE-4243-952D-6CEE31CF6342.jpg (600x670, 55K)

Acceptable opinions, but you forgot that Saucerful and Atom Heart Mother are better than everything but WYWH.

>jew hater
ADL is corrupt and full of shit, criticizing israel is not antisemetic

I like that the first track starts with the spoken "we came in" and the final track ends with "isn't this where" that's loops right back to the begining of the album driving home the every repeating cycle of madness in Pinks head