Goths of Yea Forums

How "goth" are you in real life? Do you just like dark post-punk music, or are you a generally dark person? How much does it affect your life or appearance?

Attached: tumblr_nwys5chCTg1ujgc9ho1_1280.jpg (1072x712, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SbAxbmAHgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=kDxxcyNNRVA
youtube.com/watch?v=_AhvQFiejxY
youtube.com/watch?v=ldLk0rQORHY
youtu.be/aVrlwJ4f-QI
youtube.com/watch?v=6aItOziTpQk
youtube.com/watch?v=w_CmKZWby5g
youtube.com/watch?v=J_iCsNtpYHk
youtube.com/watch?v=RLms7MQBrNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r_L-SI-Is1M
youtu.be/MMzzBhTjZ10
youtu.be/0fpyaCQhIBI
youtube.com/watch?v=rBBs2F7gUz4
youtu.be/DxuGQPsr0t0
youtube.com/watch?v=1hNc9d3KUy0
youtube.com/watch?v=jYUpRfgl_ug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's 2019

I'm a metalhead leaning on rivethead

but i like the post and the ponks

I don't think I'd wear makeup or tease my hair though, so I'm not goth

I'm pretty /dark/ but I wouldn't call myself goth. Every article of clothing I own is black, and all of my curtains/towels/rugs at my house are black, but I don't really look "goth" and I don't listen exclusively to goth music. I'm not a depressed tumblr sad boy either. I act just like anybody else, except I think spooky shit is cool.

ghetto culture and 'black twitter' along with the rise of post-irony ruined music scenes.

If you had bands trying to make a new look like 80s goth, zoomers will just say 'thats mad corny baka'

I doubt people are going to wear make up and puff up there hair here if that's what you are asking

i really like goth music and aesthetic but it doesn't influence my appearance or life at all. i don't like dressing flashy

>I don't like dressing flashy
I always want to, and I kinda do, but I never go all out BALLS TO THE WALL, so I end up looking like some kind of pseudo-goth normie who doesn't look like a normie but doesn't look like a trve goff either. Shit sucks. I wish I had the balls to wear makeup or tease my hair in public. I've done it at shows, but I've never gone to work like that or done it just to hang out with friends.

I love the genre and will dress in docs and denim jackets from time to time but because of my hair and beard people automatically think I look like Christ (the exact opposite of /dark/) regardless of what I wear

I like post AND punk!!!

same

Then I can recommend to you Subway Sect / Vic Godard and John the Postman

My hair is too long for me to tease it, it would just look like a massive 'fro 60cm in diameter. Not the best look for a dude.
So what I do when I wanna channel the post and the ponk is is flip my ponytail up over my head and it makes a sort of messy frizzy tuft sort of spilling on top of my head.

Attached: chirac-tshirt-correze-2778607-jpg_2409384_660x281.jpg (660x281, 16K)

Are you me? Everywhere I go, I wear black skinny jeans, black boots and a black denim jacket with some kind of rivets and zippers, and some kind of post-punk shirt (Bauhaus, Siouxsie, Unknown Pleasures, etc.) but I have long hair and a beard, so I always look like a metal bro instead. Everybody calls me Jesus.

Don't do that if you're a guy. You'll look like a fag

I look like a fag no matter what

Attached: jacques-chirac-les-dernieres-revelations-sur-son-etat-de-sante.jpg (480x270, 15K)

No hair is too long to tease if you're brave enough. My hair is down to the middle of my back. It's longer than most of my female friends, and I still puff it up sometimes. It makes me look like Simon Gallup lmao

Attached: ec6fa03c5e6ec45cbd6e8d2db1721e28.jpg (800x578, 61K)

pain to untangle though

I like gothic music and entertainment and wear black clothing sometimes but that's really it

I appreciate vampyric black metal as well as syooksie sew

t. vampyre ov black imperial blood

Attached: seigneur-night-lord.jpg (372x372, 18K)

Gothic rock was really just romanticism. The punk sensibilities were inherited from punk because that's where they got the idea that it was okay to make music though they lacked skill as musicians. The difference here was that these people didn't want to make punk rock, they wanted to make music that was beautiful and emotional with lyrics that were poetic or spoke some kind of truth or despair.

The best of these bands didn't always dress up like Bauhaus or The Sisters of Mercy, they just wore nice clothes. The Cure are a special exception because they were doing the same sort of overt theater as Bauhaus but they had a joy thing alongside it for much of their career, goofing around in their videos and regularly veering off course into upbeat moods and traditional love songs.

The girl was never there.
It's always the same.
youtube.com/watch?v=SbAxbmAHgx4

Come, let's take flight;
Let's quit this scene tonight
whilst they sleep on endless in their wrecked designs
youtube.com/watch?v=kDxxcyNNRVA

And the rooks they seem to follow him wherever he goes,
flapping in the flat sky, shrieking in the spire;
hanging from the lead sky, dangling from the sun.
youtube.com/watch?v=_AhvQFiejxY

But is this the stuff dreams are made of?
If this is the stuff dreams are made of, no wonder it feels like I'm floating on air.
youtube.com/watch?v=ldLk0rQORHY

Attached: and also the trees.png (346x357, 142K)

obviously

it's a subset of New Romantics

high & low is a core value of romanticism, and punk fills the "low" requirement very well

Tbh i feel like the darkness never leaves me kek
Spoken like a true emo, but shit is real to me. Even in my most happy moments, there's something about me

doesn't make you sound goth in the least

Nigga, goth is popular as fuck with hip hop fans what are you talking about.

Yeah, i dont know. If i called myself goth true goths would call me a poser
What i feel Is like melancholy, i think it's been the feeling that has accompanied my entire life

No it's not

edgethots are popular. Which is to say instagram whores who cosplay as mallgoth (not goth) characters from early 2000s nickelodeon cartoons.

That's as far removed from goths as goth are removed from historical germanic goth tribes

Sounds edgy as fuck, but I feel this. I've always been this way.

Melancholy is pretty much just bipolar disorder, which is why romanticism is about tension between extreme opposites. Spleen and ideal, grotesque and sublime, etc

Attached: have-two-personalities-twisted-fucking-psychopath-nicest-person-you-will-41951328.png (500x300, 79K)

Idk, I'm hardcore into oldschool dark electro and industrial (IE yelworC, GGFH, Skinny Puppy, Splatter Squall, etc) but I dont like the term goth because where i'm from, anyone with a "I'm a witch ooga booga spooky spooky" t shirt and black hair calls themself a goth cuz they heard a Joy Divison song one time, so, like, idk, I think the term is kinda lame these days, and post-punk is cool, I just wish every single new post-punk band in the northwest US didnt try to copy the same 3 sisters songs and would actually do something original. In other words, EHHHHHHH ooga booga spooky spooky

everyone feels depressed. it's rare to see someone say they are happy this days.

I love me some 45grave, I know it's deathrock but it's maximum $P00K

Attached: Dinah-Club-205x300.jpg (205x300, 16K)

Unironically so goth that I keep my apartment lit by candles at night. I hate artificial light. I keep my lights off during the day when the sun shines in, and they stay off at night too. When it gets too dark, I light candles for maximum atmosphere.

nod bad
breddy gud

i might actually start doing this but i'm kind of about fires

It's a total violation of my lease. We're not supposed to burn candles because of the city's new fire code or whatever. You have to be careful. You can't be clumsy or fall asleep with them lit. If you're awake and you keep an eye on them, it's not a problem.

fire is cool!

Attached: Beavis-fire.gif (200x175, 45K)

I really like goth music, I genuinely prefer the dark, cold months and rain/snow to sunny summer days, and I like gloomy things, but the idea of joining a subculture because of this seems really lame and phony to me

Jesus Christ man that can't be healthy

>If you had bands trying to make a new look like 80s goth, zoomers will just say 'thats mad corny baka'
They'd be right though

i'm a closet goth. i dress clean-cut but have extremely eclectic tastes.

which isn't a reason to dismiss it

and a wicked sense of humor

the post-punk 80s goth look will make a comeback when Gen Z starts going through their 'i wish grew up in the 80s' phase.

it probably won't

they seem more likely to become enamored by the 90s from everything I've seen

stay on topic. we're not talking about your chances of getting your dick wet.

Gen Z craves 'real' experiences from the comfort of their own home.

then why are YOU bringing that up out of the fucking blue?

mh?

you're not denying it

no they don't

Yes I do.

you're an exception then. None of the zoomers I know crave that.

We don't need your fucking representation.

yes you do

Zoomers don't know what they missed out on.

Attached: s216955507374840106_p48_i1_w1200.jpg (1200x800, 257K)

what does that even fucking mean
why do people speak like this
pompous little shit

whoa cool!

Shut the fuck up grandpa.

i like how its spelled 9" Nails

let zoomers live their lives and have fun like you did when you were a kid, they don't want to be some 80s goth any more than you wanted to be some corny 50s WASP back then

helo this is tront

its spelt nininchsnails

thank u

Attached: hi tront.jpg (346x334, 16K)

false equivalency, 80s goths are cool, 50s WASPs are not, zoomers have no excuse to not want to be 80s goths

how many opportunities have you had to post this particular image

what in the fuck is a 50s WASP? i had to look that shit up. you must be really old.

Attached: tront & monson.jpg (1083x967, 57K)

the mistake you're making here is failing to understand that 80s goths are no longer considered cool at all by most people in the demographic we're discussing

though on the other hand and since we're on the subject you do have those alt right fashwave-posting zoomers who really do think 50s WASPhood was peak living

the mistake you're making here is confusing "cool" and "considered cool by"

So cool it with the relativism.

People who think 80s goths are cool are correct, people who don't are wrong. It's very simple.

Zoomer here. 80s goths are cool.

Zoomer here. 80s goths are definitely not cool.

*backs lincoln continental over this post*

19 yo here. 80s goths are cool

wrong

Hey can I still buy these somewhere? They would look great in my room.

wrong

being goth is cringe and bluepilled, unless you¨re female of course

We can be frens.

im huge into post-punk and am super fucked up but i dress like bargain bin eminem

based and gramppilled

traditionally goth was female and rivethead was male. male goths were effeminate but the chicks in the scene kinda digged that .

>i dress like bargain bin eminem
why

exactly

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Which song best exemplifies this feeling?

Attached: pof .png (829x955, 350K)

This.
>wearing makeup and teasing your hair is gay lol
What if I want to tease my hair and wear makeup while fucking women?

then you're gay in the lesbian kind of way

Based on that hair? This one.
youtu.be/aVrlwJ4f-QI

heterosex and straightpilled

i like goth music and all but if you identify as "goth" you're probably still a child and shouldnt be posting here

excellent
chris-chan pls go

im not making judgement. im just telling you how it was back then. male goths pulled in a lot of pussy if they were skinny and could dance.

goth is a lifestyle and mindset, not music preference.

goth dancing is pretty much just doing slo-mo fistpumps while shuffling and staring at the ground

it includes music preference

That sounds more like rivethead industrial dancing. goth dancing at least in the 80s was more flowing, hand wavy, hips moving, circular

pretty much all goths were white so you couldn't really expect much else

no, industrial dance involves FAST fistpumps

yes. and it's embarrassing

Shut the fuck up. Pretty soon Goth will be a protected class like trans. You are essentially spewing hate-speech.

gay post

absolutely based

Attached: Siouxsie-and-the-Banshees.jpg (632x474, 35K)

ah fuck off, ebin ruseman

>oh boohoo im a goth no one understands me i empathize with the plight of trans people because i have it just as bad as them

fuck off you dumb child

goth music is good
the "scene" is long dead so it makes no sense to dress goth every day. i always dress pretty monochrome but wouldn't wear makeup or make my hair big unless going to a show or goth night at a club

samefag

>tranny can't take a joke
shocker

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.14.33 PM.png (131x57, 11K)

goths were always pretty fucking rare

make it happen

Attached: 1529295699321.jpg (1200x675, 200K)

omg i wish i could have lived during that time! youtube.com/watch?v=6aItOziTpQk

Attached: si.png (1084x576, 283K)

nice shoop

imagine the smell

This might be the first time i see unknown pleasures shirt mentioned unironically on Yea Forums

>white people dancing

nice fits

it smells like aquanet harispray, woman sweat and clove cigarettes.

disco funk robert smith is pretty ebin

i can tell you didn't watch the video. there's a black person in there.

time to acquire SEX then

Attached: SEX.png (744x1096, 299K)

Why was Siouxsie such a weeb? She said in multiple interviews that she was obsessed with the far east.

Attached: FB_IMG_1557184725427.jpg (500x440, 43K)

fucking every new romantic was a weeb

even japanese goths were weebs, wearing kabuki facepaint and shit

tfw i was born in the wrong generation : (

Do you think Siouxsie watches anime?

Okay I have a shitty bass

I have a shitty VST

which scales should I use to make goth rock?

Holy shit where there always so many grils at goth clubs in the 80s?

japan was really popular with a lot of artsy types in the 80s, but specifically like Edo-period Japan not cheesy anime shit

it was a pretty feminine subculture, the guys who were into it were mostly the type who would be called soibois today

probably reads manga

Attached: 0496b8ef7bc06bc248e55d62cdaeda67.jpg (436x720, 106K)

pretty sure they weren't the easily-offended virtue-signalling type

>pete burns

Attached: Batou spooked by Pete Burns lookalike.jpg (274x297, 63K)

that's actually retarded though. that mental image is hilarious. maybe if you wore a hat then flipped your ponytail over the front, so it looks like a tuft of bangs

it does look like a tuft of bangs

Who here actually looks goth and has a job? You're the real mvp's. Every time I think of a goth I kind of think of a trust fund kid or a NEET

I think of Vito's kid from the Sopranos

I work at a record store, so it's acceptable.

nice

Attached: complètement glucose .png (1005x1562, 983K)

she is/was goth

Attached: dana-scully-480x0-c-default.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I got mistaken for a goth by a former goth (one from the 80s) while at work.

I do, I'm a teacher. No makeup, just hair and clothes these days

I only know a handful of goths in real life. One of them works at a bar, one works at a record store, one works at a book store, and one works at a tattoo shop. They all have jobs, but they're not really "good" jobs.

how the fuck do you deal with all these kids
assuming you're a full-blown teacher unlike me who just does one-on-one with no license

Rosetta Stone is a good band

I've been teaching for ten years, always loved it, but I've done what you do too. Even if you feel it's easy/quick money, don't do it if you don't like working with children or helping people.

Favourite goth band, user?

is that blixa bargeld between robert smith and pete burns?

pretty good innit
youtube.com/watch?v=w_CmKZWby5g

Probably Clan of Xymox even if I don't find their songs super memorable. I also have a hard-on for The Frozen Autumn.

I like explaining shit, so I'm fine with one at a time

possibly

I'd say so, looks exactly like him.

Attached: 799e508a4c5bb81850a386654c24063f--goth-nick-cave.jpg (236x384, 13K)

make ministry synthpop again

Well, you could always post here for practice

I'm not quick-witted enough for IRL talkback, so shitposting doesn't help

Was madeline Usher entombed alive or was she reanimated by zombie fungus?

Unironically start watching a lot of comedy, especially stand up and talk shows. I think it actually starts to rub off on you. I could be wrong

MORTAL FEARS OF TRANSYLVANIAN DREAMS COME TOO

Clan of Xymox went to shiiiiiit after a few albums, but those first two albums in particular are exceptional. Great live too

I would do anything to go in time and experience life as an 80's Goth. Are there any scenes today that have this feeling?

synthpop xymox is great too

oh also ASF

no
but we're trying to make the industrial BM scene a thing in Paris

industrial black metal?

yep

Attached: yes.jpg (480x360, 20K)

can you give me a couple reccs for a newb?

youtube.com/watch?v=J_iCsNtpYHk
youtube.com/watch?v=RLms7MQBrNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r_L-SI-Is1M

thank you user

no prob

Don't fall for the trap. Black Metal is Nazi music.

but it's clearly a black artform

Attached: caller of the storms.jpg (920x960, 85K)

Natural minor for melancholy
Harmonic minor for more evil
Phyrgian dominant for The Birthday Party

oh shut the fuck up. who asked you? i just want to listen to music.

A lot of Goth music is Nazi as well. Joy Division. Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, New Order, Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Siouxsie Sioux more like Siouxsie JEW

Attached: siouxsie_sioux_reverse.jpg (400x600, 54K)

She wore a swastika hence she's a Nazi. Jews can be Nazi too. Stop being obtuse.

so like I know that when you're goth you're supposed to pick a name that's like "(abbreviated first name) (edgy thing)"

But my name is only one syllable long

wat do

noooooo delete this my nazi waifu.... how could this be.......

JFC now I know you're full of shit. When you label everything as Nazi then nothing is Nazi. You've overused the word and now no-one takes you seriously. Get fucked.

samefag

Her label really whipped her into shape. She used to perform in Nazi uniforms and shit. The original lyrics of "Love In A Void" were
>too many jews for my liking
>too many critics, and too few writing
You can hear it at 0:55 in this recording.
youtu.be/MMzzBhTjZ10
It was changed to
>too many bigots for my liking
youtu.be/0fpyaCQhIBI

Attached: s-spread.jpg (451x799, 39K)

samefag

oi vey!

Attached: chibi seska.png (468x627, 114K)

that's kinda hot

Dinah is hottter

Attached: dinah siouxsie.jpg (353x253, 97K)

>don't say you like the anime if you haven't read the manga

Attached: Siouxsie Dinah.jpg (1960x1520, 913K)

What's that style called? I know its goth but is it a sub-genre style like gothic punk?

there's no hard line of separation but Dinah, being a deathrocker, has more punk outfits.

>>

headpats for the both of em

Nah, Siouxsie is the original goth girl. It's just goth. You can look up "trad goth" or "batcave goth" if you're specifically looking for the late 70s / early 80s style.

What's the difference between deathrock and gothic?

More punk in deathrock. Also both scenes appeared almost independently and just happened to be super similar, then quickly merged.

If I'm not mistaken.

The closest thing to Gothic Aesthetic I have seen on this board in a long time is that Veidt guy.

I used to copy Mana's style (guy on the left).
Now that I'm older, more fit and shaved my head I go for a more Genet (Auto-Mod) look.

Attached: malice_deepIV.jpg (538x430, 34K)

trve goth

Attached: nico gw.jpg (707x707, 31K)

So the future of Goth music is shitty sound collages?

here's a classic
youtube.com/watch?v=rBBs2F7gUz4

I mean you can't argue this isn't pretty Gothic in the aesthetic sense.

youtu.be/DxuGQPsr0t0

puff puff

Attached: tiny goth gal.png (607x614, 168K)

i got into work at a research lab with painted nails and a little bit of makeup

hardcore comes probably the closest. my city (syracuse) had a goth night a while back at a local venue and this guy 6th circle played who seems to have kind of a goth/ebm scene going in cleveland. i think events happen sporadically in larger cities/theres shows that happen that are close enough with dark electronic or deathrock bands and shit like that

i live almost a double life in terms of how i am outside of "professional" areas and not. i look very normal over there but the second i go to shows and such i flip down my septum, put on earrings, paint my nails and wear a nice fit. total 180 ahah

brooklyn

I'm glad this thread is still up. It's so refreshing to have a real goth thread on Yea Forums without a bunch of posers and trolls. It feels like everybody in this thread is a legit goth.

My gf and her friends are goths. Despite me not really being into the scene they tell me I'm the most goth non-goth they've ever met. Its probably from growing up listening to a bunch of horrorcore and scooping up Bukowski at a young age. Oh, and misinterpretting this game called "Illusion of Gaia"'s message thinking that nihilist existentialism was the right way to go. It doesn't affect my everyday life as much as new people thinking I'm a complete asshole, or a psychopath. Appearance wise I started to wear a lot of black after high school-- Not to embrace the edge or whatever, but to get away from fashion trends and interacting with other people.

pic kinda related? I thought goths and emos were all just people with more autistic anti-social disorders than me until I met the gf

Attached: 1557014039531.jpg (540x960, 81K)

You don't know what goth is.

I look like the literal fucking neckbeard with the ponytail from that picture. Minus the acne.

found it

Attached: Neckbeards.png (345x337, 127K)

I'm called Goth a shit ton.

I don't really try. I just am

Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

are you a boy or girl though?

i just lusten to the music and have medium lenght messy hair like the guy in the mid but its mostly out of commodity

I love and make gothic music and fashion yet sadly it has been taken over by "social justice advocates" who only virtue signal and also by people who don't even listen to goth music at all.

That band is a massive influence for me.

Kinda like them more now.

b8

im a boy

ok then you are goth

i finally have the approval of an internet stranger. ive waited years for this moment. all that time painstakingly applying polish and makeup...it finally paid off i knew this day would come

>i got into work at a research lab with painted nails and a little bit of makeup
>im a boy
don't get you're hopes up. you're also a faggot.

Same

painted nails gets that goodgood pussy, i got to taste titty milk cuz of that shit. you ever try titty milk not as a baby? its literally the best milk youll ever have

Any /fit/ goths in here?

Attached: 1556768187965.jpg (495x700, 55K)

>painted nails gets that goodgood pussy, i got to taste titty milk cuz of that shit. you ever try titty milk not as a baby? its literally the best milk youll ever have
the absolute state of your life

gtfo with your male toxicity

More of a rivethead/neofolker but the attitude is similar and I can relate to goths pretty well. I have always been interested in dark and extreme things.

good post

Attached: 1555690542765.jpg (300x305, 62K)

confirmed Nazi get out

i think someone is just a little bit jealous that im banging to type o and then get to research forests after im done. dont pass up the opportunity for titty milk

no way fag

Attached: 1556198904265.gif (278x300, 132K)

i've been a Goth for more than 3 years now. Nazis are NOT WELCOME in my Goth community.

Absolutely based

Attached: 39996564_2380025432025599_6369938581644902400_n.jpg (598x600, 57K)

Type O Negative is not Goth.

are you serious? not all of their discography sure but october rust and bloody kisses? thats definitely goth or at the very least goth adjacent

Some goths listen to Type O but Type O is not Goth.

why? october rust is goth metal if there ever was any

It's one of the few so called "Goth metal" bands that actually takes inspiration from post-punk music. Also "Black No.1" is like a Goth anthem, albeit a cheeky one.

nope. you are just plain incorrect. stop being lazy and do more research.

im black and i wear a Siouxsie and the Banshees t-shirt
but mostly dress in b-ball shorts and af1's
i have docs but they are unccomfortable AF

is this bait?

welcome! we have always been inclusive to black persons of colour. my current community actually seeks them out in order to diversift our group. currently there are only whites and asians but we are trying to fix that. you wouldn't happen to be trans would you?

Attached: 1556121104649.jpg (680x567, 63K)

Stop larping fag

Attached: 1555413303837.png (500x500, 74K)

type o negative is a metal band that cashed in on goth stylings that were popular in the 90s. they are as goth as cradle of filth.

Bullshit, Pete listened to Goth music and made a metal band that implemented the style and sensibilities, COF was just mallgoth black metal no comparison

Attached: 1557155619441.png (306x306, 112K)

nah im not trans
tbf im more drain gang than goth

Attached: drain.jpg (269x586, 25K)

you are full of shit. type o is as goth as marilyn manson, NIN. prove me wrong or gtfo

its ok if you are not trans. we still accept black persons of coulour but it would be better if you were trans and a minority.

dudes mad about titty milk so hes gotta make whack comparisons with no basis

I have a question. So there was people who fought in a war. They came back and it was evident they was pretty beaten by that. There was people who experienced horrors, like the ones in camps. They wanted to tell everyone how bad it was. Then came people who never been at war, never experienced such things and they started acted like nazis. Isn't it cringe?

strawman does not an argument make. you are still incorrect.

agreed. nazis should be purged from all subcultures and communities and replaced with inclusivity and under-represented minorities.

Prove me wrong first faggot, you've offered no argument, just baseless comparisons. Peter Steele is more Goth than you and has sucked the milk out of many a big tittied Goth gf, stay mad incel

Attached: 1556802461597.jpg (540x705, 106K)

1. dont use the f word its disrespectful towards homos
2. a simple google search will prove you are wrong
3. stop treating women like objects or lesser humans
if this is beyond your ability then you are being hopeless and should be pitied.

if you google it theyre a goth metal band

goth metal is not goth you just proved yourself wrong

Goth rock isn't Goth either, it's rock

Attached: 1556780031278.jpg (683x693, 133K)

no one said anything about goth rock. just admit you are wrong and go on about your day.

>goth thread
>no one said anything about goth rock

Attached: 1556485650281.png (466x490, 24K)

I listen to the cure, cry and read Edgar Allan Poe at the grave yard. I'm pretty dark.

another pathetic attempt to distract from the fact that you are wrong. try harder next time pleb.

this

how is goth metal not a part of goth subculture

I like the music and the fashion but the subculture as people remember it in the 80s is dead or has changed beyond recognition with the years
I'd dress more goth but the original style looks pretty dated nowadays. atm I probably look more like a mallgoth/sadboi poser than anything else honestly

What's the biggest difference you see between the goth community in the 80's and the goth community now?

I just recently started getting into goth rock or at least that sound. Pretty entry level but so far I really enjoy: Bauhaus, Joy Division (and New Order), Sisters of Mercy, Christian Death, Drab Majesty (and VRSEX), and TSOL. Not even sure if all those fit the category though.

Recs?

Alien Sex Fiend
youtube.com/watch?v=1hNc9d3KUy0

I thought I was the only one that noticed this shit lmao

I doubt they were legit being nazis though, most goth icons came out of the punk scene and they were just being edgelords going for pure shock factor.

Attached: 50103908_2263269320660051_1137275445553659904_n.jpg (551x798, 53K)

early Skinny Puppy if you want to branch off into some Industrial with a goth twist youtube.com/watch?v=jYUpRfgl_ug

I dig it. Thanks

>tfw always wanted big goth hair but hairline started receeding at age 17
Now im just bald and look more Oi! with my skinny jeans and docs

oh here we go again. another literal fascist. oi is a Nazi dog whistle. gtfo of my punk scene as well.

I wear an iron cross necklace sometimes with iron cross earrings as well :-)

good. i hope they get caught in an elevator. Nazis fuck off.

DA!

NatSoc uniforms are goth af. All black, skulls and cross imagery. It's just fucking sexy.

>NatSoc uniforms are goth af. All black, skulls and cross imagery. It's just fucking sexy.
Spotted the Nazi

FUR DER FUHRER

*sigh* The Goth subculture and its Nazi underpinning needs to die off already.

goths wouldn't exist without Hitler

>goths wouldn't exist without Hitler
Yet another reason why the community is problematic.

You mean
"für den Führer"

Stupid Fucking Thread

KMFDM
Don't care if it's not Goth.
You will listen to KMFDM

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Zoomer here. this man is right

45 grave

Decent thread there's just one autist shitting up the bottom of it

This is why industrial music is problematic.