Artists who are right-wing but whose primary audience are left-wing

artists who are right-wing but whose primary audience are left-wing

Attached: moz1.jpg (474x594, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mIDdvnHQrjk
youtu.be/Q4J_PiPpQrc
frenchcinemareview.com/2013/10/10/french-movie-legend-alain-delon-in-public-spat-with-son-over-national-front-party/
thelocal.fr/20131018/french-movie-star-in-miss-france-bust-up
youtube.com/watch?v=v30CZ_g2aqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p7pRU3GJtJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AcU_nWR_uTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wagner.

Most. They just can't admit it because it's career suicide.

is Morrissey right-wing? He sounds like more of a classical liberal than anything.

I didn't think there were right wing artists. don't they basically get shut down?

Morrissey is a centrist. He's a gay vegan who hates the church. He just hates immigration too.

You have to have some degree of intelligence to be a good musician so basically none

Attached: Kanye-West-Declares-to-Perform-in-MAGA-Hat.jpg (1333x700, 127K)

I've never been able to understand this guy.

>brianwashed

"classical liberal" (as if that term has much meaning in the 21st century) is conservative and so is right-leaning if you feel right-wing is too strong a term
morissey is a thatcherite if i remember correctly

Are you fucking joking lol

Moz is pretty much a SocDem but has some isolationist/nationalist tendencies.
I would say mostly right leaning people like Wagner, although Zizek likes him, too, so :p
Also, Wagner was as right wing as some people think. He was basically proto-nazbol/strasserist at best.

he hates immigration and wants to preserve British identity so i would call him right wing

oof typo, I meant he's NOT as right wing as some people think

>oof
Faggot.

The delusion.

>brainwashed

The denial.

brandon flowers desu

All artists are right-wing because you have to be a mindless drone to be left-wing.

Attached: curtis.jpg (2060x1236, 1.06M)

Most [successful] musicians are mindless drones to the established entertainment industry, you know...

A good point. I concede.

Attached: Nico.jpg (500x731, 167K)

ramones, mark e smith, tobin sprout

John Lydon nowadays

pretty sure he's just a mentally ill narcissist who's trying to garner attention to delay his dying career as a musician.

Townshend and Daltrey are right-wing. Don't know about The Who's audience.

I hate Morrissey because he has eaten meat his entire life but then gets mad at other people for eating meat.

He is probably retarded.

Townshend literally views himself as a communist

Death Grips

underrated

ariel pink has been on fox news

Nah it is. Morissey is somewhat immune because he made career out of being a contrarian cunt

tbf most successful artists are rich which does pull them right
they can stand for women's right or whatever but they still wouldn't want to be taxed

Not anymore. He's a zionist neocon.

bad b8

michael gira

>He doesn't stop there. “Why have kids? The only people having kids are Muslims. So there will be plenty of people on the planet, but not anyone learning anything good from Western culture. All the intelligent people make themselves extinct.”

Attached: arielpinkfeat.jpg (630x420, 58K)

Nikki Sixx was on record as saying some unkind things about Trump even though his band's white trash fanbase probably doesn't have many Democrats in its ranks.

JPEGMAFIA

*at worst

>Also, Wagner was as right wing as some people think. He was basically proto-nazbol/strasserist at best.
Wagner was an idealistic liberal in his youth who supported revolutionary movements and got in trouble for his involvement in the 1848 revolutions in Germany. As he got older, he became increasingly reactionary and extreme nationalist.

>Wagner was as right wing as some people think. He was basically proto-nazbol/strasserist at best.
based

Tyler's a confirmed self-admitted pedo

Attached: 1394994103000-AP-Music-Tyler-The-Creator-Arrest.jpg (3200x1680, 178K)

So same with Eminem?

he also became increasingly antisemitic

Fuuuuccck. Based, why doesn't he have any kids though.

Morrissey browses /pol/

Yeah so a right winger

this

Eminem is so left wing right wingers don't notice

He calls out the left in half his songs yet leftists are dumb enough to still listen

Attached: 53.jpg (220x299, 25K)

How about when RHCP caused a shitstorm of butthurt with the homoerotic Warped music video? It caused Flea to bang out Pea because he was that pissed.

My point is there's quite often a disconnect between the politics of a band and that of their fanbase.

Attached: Michael_Gira_hat_2012_full_length_1346221439_crop_550x633.jpg (550x633, 87K)

Kate Bush

>This is a Black Sabbath song off of the Paranoid album. So don't freak out on us. We did the song because we wanted to. It has nothing to do with the integrity of our direction. It's a tripped out song. We think you'll dig it. If you don't, don't fucking listen to it. Thanks. On behalf of the rest of Pantera, Phil Anselmo '94.

>My point is there's quite often a disconnect between the politics of a band and that of their fanbase.
I've heard so many times of people who go to Neil Young concerts and are surprised and offended when he goes into a political harangue or records an album like Living With War and then plays its songs live. I mean, did you think the guy is Ted Nugent or something?

Isn't her son a Tory?

Das Rapist dang dang dang dang dang dang

Attached: dasracist.jpg (1300x650, 92K)

She's alt-right

I really don't know anything about his political beliefs other than that they always struck me as cringy virtue-signaling. He probably supported Bernie Sanders for president or something, I know RHCP did.

The Byrds' Mcguinn and Hillman

>My point is there's quite often a disconnect between the politics of a band and that of their fanbase.
Was that like when Sarah Palin got in trouble for playing Barracuda at campaign rallies?

Fucking hated Bush and Trump, didn't really seem to give a shit about Obama/McCain/Romney. Eminems probably more of a populist than a lib

The Wilson sisters are humorless feminists. Why would you be surprised at all?

>what is Margaret on the Guillotine

moz is third position

Why does no one mention Zappa?

Attached: zappa-1228-1500x1000_copy.jpg (800x533, 51K)

Most Zappa fans I know are on the right. Same applies to someone like King Buzzo

He always struck me as somewhat of a christian liberal. You can tell he puts heavy emphasis on chastity and monogamy in "song against sex" and "communist daughter", both beautiful songs.

"Varg is a fuckhead, but..."
"Well, the lyrics aren't political!"

Attached: varg.jpg (700x426, 76K)

Must be painful, unable to think outside the left/right dichotomy.

>dying career as a musician.

Attached: 1543880345590.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

He's voted both republican and Democrat. He's very soft on crime and wanted weed legalized yet he was also huge into free speech and lower taxes he basically doesn't know what the fuck he wants

>heh, did you know there are some outliers? guess that disproves the idea that pattern recognition is ever useful

>Moz is pretty much a NatSoc

The left is literally rubbing their power to deplaftorm artists they disagree with in our faces by calling it "cancelling" an artist. you have no leg to stand on.

Dave Mustaine

Well yeah, why would you let politics or the artist get in the way of the art. If you are going to call me some buzzword then whatever

Can't think of one good one.

Saying that art is separate from politics is a political statement

>people still think liberalism is left wing in 2019

Attached: whitegenocide.jpg (1396x977, 538K)

I'm going to call you so many buzzwords, get ready
I just think prefacing admitting to liking an artist with an apology to the cultural hall monitors is lame. Either embrace the artist or don't--you don't have to add the disclaimer "by the way, I'm not an antisemitic black nationalist" if you talk about liking Public Enemy.

>As he got older, he became increasingly reactionary and extreme nationalist.
>he also became increasingly antisemitic
With age comes wisdom.

>leftypol trannies still think anyone cares about the 'leftist' vs. 'evil corporate neolib' distinction when postmodern gender theory and aggressive anti-nationalism are pushed by Hollywood, major tech firms and other major corporate pillars of America

I have the reverse.

youtu.be/mIDdvnHQrjk

Attached: 220px-The_Crass_logo.png (220x220, 11K)

edgy communists are somehow more cancerous than edgy nazis. at least they're open about being pieces of shit, you commiefags try and play the moral card even though most of you are shitty human beings.

Attached: 25fz2q.jpg (282x252, 18K)

the other way around, maybe.
he constantly tried to write political songs, but dave keuning shot those ideas down. pretty sure he also performed at some democratic rally a couple months ago.

>we must seize the means of production
I mean, their whole ideology is openly about stealing something somebody else made, instead of coming up with a new one themselves

go that's horrible. and people say NSBM puts politics before musical quality?

It's punk, it's supposed to sound like shit.

id disagree, but i do think that involving politics basically ruins art.
take tune-yards, who i though was mildly neat until i found out about the retarded lefty cultural appropriation shit she made recently. can’t listen to bird-brains the same way anymore

>We must steal from da rich
>We must steal from da joos

It's all about insecure faggots feeling that they are entitled to something that they never worked for.

He's kind of immune because he already made his career and living and he doesn't have to give a shit what people think of his politics

What gives you that impression?

he's a literal communist, he just happens to be also a prude

Because he wasn't really right wing as such, he was more of a leftist libertarian type. People conflate him with being a right libertarian because he wasn't afraid to call out Dems on their bullshit too.

john dolmayan from system of a down

Attached: Grand+Opening+Of+CatHouse+VzzECDGOSPWx.jpg (734x1024, 102K)

Zappa was a spastic alt righter who didn't like either SJWs or Christfags.

Are you retarded
Are you retarded

t.conservatard

Attached: npc.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

I care about both

If you genuinely think large corporations aren't fucking your life over, but gender studies being taught is

you must be 18

I think both of these people were obsessed with ALain Delon who is a nationalist. Morrissey put him on the album of the queen is dead and Nico is the mother of his child whom he abandoned.

Attached: 79a05a833b8860ef5981df522d14e4f1.jpg (540x785, 64K)

I don’t mind politics in art if you’re talking about large concepts, but songs about extremely specific political issues/figures are the lowest form of art. You’re literally just writing about how mad you are at what you saw on tv. There’s a reason more people like The Times They Are a-Changin over The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll

he's too intelligent to have kids

>he basically doesn't know what the fuck he wants

Not only in political views but in his music too, the man was weird as fuck

classical liberals are right wing lol

>In 2019, Bush published a statement on her website saying she had been quoted out of context and did not support the Conservative Party. She wrote: "My response to the interviewer was not meant to be political but rather was in the defence of women in power ... I said that we had a woman in charge of our country, and that I felt it was a good thing to have women in power … it could make it seem like I am a Tory supporter which I want to make clear I am not."

>He's very soft on crime and wanted weed legalized yet he was also huge into free speech and lower taxes
textbook libertarian

Ariel Pink is pro cop, pro capitalism, anti women and anti black

Billy Corgan probably

Didn't he go on a racist rant at some point? He's a great musician too, a lot can be said for his ability to make weird shit accessible and even catchy.

John Maus didn't denounce MDE after they got slandered and had their show canceled for supporting Trump. So maybe he's just someone with integrity, but potentially right wing.

>classical liberals are right wing
not sure if the lol indicates your post not being serious but if not, this is an absolute brainlet take

same thing, roundabout

Attached: 1552072228244.jpg (850x400, 95K)

John Maus is openly far-left.

isn't that the one who got busted for CP? people just forget about it?

nah John Maus has pretty clear politics and is very open about talking about it in depth. he is an accelerationist idiot but not right wing.

yep Ariel Pink has said a lot of racist shit. including a diatribe about how blacks deserve to be killed by cops

This guy is a literal communist even today. In interviews he talks about “capitalist pigs” and shit like that. Ol’ Mikey is politically retarded no matter how much I like him.

any "liberal" is right wing. imagine thinking any form of capitalist is not right wing...

Attached: 1556926777494.jpg (572x572, 36K)

What did ariel say specifically?

imaging not even knowing the origin of the terms left/right wing, what sort of political proponents they were respectively attributed to and why

That's why an album like Living With War was brainlet-tier and was already dated when it came out.

imagine*

The absolute worst was a band like Mofungo. Who the fuck would want to listen to album after album bitching about 80s politics in the most ham-fisted way possible.

I don't know...

Attached: Michael Gira.jpg (618x412, 55K)

Is he was a leftist all his songs would just be "orange man bad". The right are the real critics of modern cultural marxist capitalism

If you are referring to the Occupy Wall Street thing his wife made him do it. Jeff is an old fashioned southern conservative.

Libertarians

Attached: velvetunderground_001.jpg (1002x700, 71K)

>caring about artist’s personal life and political stance

Attached: E06E1579-EFAD-4DC4-AB74-B3CA026F0A1F.png (542x660, 445K)

>caring about other peoples opinions
numale.jpg

>There’s a reason more people like The Times They Are a-Changin over The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll
Or obviously Blowin' In The Wind.

Leftists are trying to revision punk rock to be "anarchist" but it was always a right wing rebellian against degeneracy and social justice

Attached: 333.jpg (320x267, 16K)

weev was at occupy wall street. it wasn't pozzed until the progressive stack shit took over.

I grew up listening to 80s punk and if there was anything right wing about that music, I sure missed it.

>caring about user
thk u

Attached: F3ED5316-643C-4251-B5E0-7C12BECC3F67.jpg (185x243, 16K)

He probably doesn’t care enough about orange man to comment if orange man good or bad. I genuinely think he’s a full blown commie though, what with a certain song about the Haitian Revolution and what not (whether of not it’s praise or simply a reference to is up for debate but from what I’ve read in the Sacrifice and Transcendence book there seems to be reverence in it).

>80s
>punk

Attached: 635869988345555984-PENSACOLA-NEWS-JOURNAL-XXX-GAN-MORRISON-HOUSE-012213.jpg (534x712, 61K)

He made love to Hitler.

He once told an audience that he wanted to fuck a goat and actually brought a real live one on stage

Lamb

Damn, didn’t know Jim converted to Islam

Wait Mark E Smith is right wing?

>No black man's going to come in my home and call me the oppressor, cause if I've got any call with the English working class...the English working class created this country so that those fuckers could come over here and complain about it, I have no guilt about them, its only the middle class and upper middle class who have any guilt about the blacks and Irish, do you know what I'm saying? and I don't like people pulling that on me...black people and Irish people come over here and think they're being oppressed, the English working class know that as a fact...Do you know what I mean, no black man's going to come over to me and say "You are the fuckin' oppressor," because I've never oppressed him, as far as I'm concerned he's oppressing me, because I have to watch his music on TV and I don't particularly like it, it's another way of looking at it...

Him and Zappa absolutely hated the left

Attached: b627f45ad56b9d5135fd4be155fb778e.jpg (800x531, 40K)

He was a PJ O’Rourke-style Libertarian. He refused to get a license because he had a deep hatred for the Dostoevskian bureaucracy at the California DMV.

He hates cultural marxism. Disliking capitalism doesn't make you a leftist

He really doesn’t, go listen to one of his spoken word live albums like The Somniloquist and he talks about the degeneracy of New York in the 80’s with a nostalgia and reverence for it.

His entire nihilistic outlook and reactionary music was a direct reaction to that degeneracy. He would call out degenerate leftists all the time at his shows and kick them out. To say he actually reverenced that stuff is an insult and pure revisionism

Punk grew out of contempt for the wall of sound muzak of the 50’s and 60’s and festered for decades on contempt for the religious right freakshow that was running the US and the UK from the 80’s through the early 2000’s.

The only context within which punk or it’s attendant cultural movement could have made any sense was while being persecuted by some outside force (e.g., the Thatcherites, the Reaganites, the parents in Footloose, etc).

But now nobody cares about or is shocked by punk and it has been, by and large, appropriated by liberal arts students from such working class Meccas as SUNY Purchase whose ire is stoked anew every time “Baby It’s Cold Outside” plays on the radio.

Attached: EAD63DD8-6928-41C8-8729-CF7890F741AF.jpg (600x512, 79K)

swans is a based band by a based man

It was largely a rebellion against the cultural marxism and social justice that was taking over which is why they started being edgy and wearing swastika's. Leftist sjw's and commies absolutely hated it so much that they started to rewrite history and paint them as just "angry directionless punks"

Attached: 43.jpg (736x582, 82K)

What are you talking about? He took the name Swans after the Baudelaire poem that was about the degradation of decline of the city.

I don’t think he kicked out the pogo guy because he was a lefty, more because he was being an annoying cunt. But whether or not he enjoys the degeneracy of new york or despised it is very up for debate I guess.
Now that’s just not true unless you can source it.

Can't believe no one has posted Bald Billy yet.

Attached: 69738_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 275K)

They were angry directionless punks who were against whoever was in power. The Sex Pistols, Ramones, Misfits, etc had no ideology other than to shock people. It became ideological in the 80’s when the moral majority started trying to censor them.

> What is a libertarian

he doesn't appeal to left wingers that much though a lot of his lyrics are to risqué and not "deep" enough for them

People unironically think Jamie is a leftist just because he hates neo-conservatives like Trump and stands up for some social justice but economically and for social values he is right wing

Attached: 25236.jpg (1000x667, 211K)

lol

Attached: 61596BCA-93DB-4C04-9E92-CFF3F110BA1E.jpg (511x975, 447K)

Attached: Miley-Cyrus-[1].jpg (950x460, 44K)

youtu.be/Q4J_PiPpQrc

>But if I could live my life again the last thing that I'd be
>Is a Maoist intellectual in the music industry
>No, if I could live my life again I think I'd like to be
>The man whose job is to stop the men who think like me

Attached: 2D1B17F3-9EC2-485E-8B71-6F964AEE6ADC.jpg (600x600, 185K)

im right wing and think child slavery is unethical I also think deforestation is a problem
also how are those not social problems

Leftists probably like him to seeing as he starred in all those Marxist films

textbook leftist revisionism

They are literally the /pol/ of their day

Standing up for the economy and workers rights is right wing. Trump is the worst thing to happen to the right

He’s right if trump, and supports an illegal radical Christian British national party. Totally based

I dont know if this appeals to the left but I like this album

Attached: thJZ6WLIB2.jpg (474x474, 42K)

Perhaps. But his band is always mentioned in the same paragraph as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc, and the grunge movement definitely leaned left. Not a good barometer but I do see more than a few angry leftists whining about his politics on youtube videos.

that comes off as ironic, though I don't know enough about Jamie to be sure

frenchcinemareview.com/2013/10/10/french-movie-legend-alain-delon-in-public-spat-with-son-over-national-front-party/

thelocal.fr/20131018/french-movie-star-in-miss-france-bust-up

He is a long time nationalist. You are correct on the communist films as many french and Italian directors of the time where sympathizers

Attached: 1553243610521.jpg (600x371, 102K)

How can anyone disagree with this?

Its not like we can just go back to a time before the internet. Culture isn't as isolated anymore and naturally becomes more universal. Imagine saying you want to limit Yea Forums to a single culture

Attached: weyes.jpg (1200x953, 165K)

He's right but there is realistically no solution in the globalized interconnected world. Unless you go full posadist, nazism, or ted k.

>joe bros poster
based

momus is left as fuck

Attached: joy-division-jd001jf.jpg (800x800, 87K)

>it's a Yea Forums tries to into politics thread
LMAO oh jesus

I do want to preserve individual board culture

The solution is to heavily restrict immigration. It's not hard at all.

Townshend said numerous times he was sympathetic to communism. At the who show I saw a couple years ago, however, he said "One good thing about Trump is that he's a big Who fan! Should you elect him into office? Absolutely not!" It was honestly pretty funny with his stodgy british voice.

That doesn't address the millions already there. Look up some of the big UK cities demographics, a lot of foreign born. I'm not even talking about "white race" or whatever because that would imply Polish are the same as the English, and there's issues with integrating them already.

Other than like economic stability but that conflicts with how profit is made

>Culture isn't as isolated anymore and naturally becomes more universal
>in the globalized interconnected world

You are both being extremely naive.

>heh I'm going to drop this on them and then play the mysterious genius who doesn't actually say what they got wrong

It's so fucked when communists or capitalists try to act morally superior to nazis when the commies had the gulags and the libtards had the A-bomb. You wouldn't be shit if you didn't always ally with each other.

Attached: 1556755570551.jpg (794x538, 180K)

>song against sex isn’t ironic

Wtf

Attached: FF5D4FAE-19C4-4B1D-990F-BC910810BF40.jpg (512x384, 25K)

It really isn't, Jeff gave an explanation how it was a critique on modern day promiscuity many years ago.

What are you even trying to argue, you said culture isn't as isolated anymore and it is becoming more universal and right after you say Imagine wanting to limit Yea Forums to a single culture. It is like you were going to make a point and then you got sidetracked

>genocide is fundamental to our ideology but YOUR the bad ones

"no"

Attached: 02F73544-2C45-4E8C-8338-A50413C12DA8.jpg (440x619, 55K)

Moz/The Smiths had a load of football hooligan Norf FC fans back in the 80s and 90s

Why do you care who listens to your music?

I know Titanic hate communists and since Poppy does everything he says and grew up in the rural South it would make sense if she was right wing.

Attached: f79a34ba07b3bc40bf9b6e5f86e7b0063c830222_hq.jpg (680x378, 14K)

you a fucking retard, kys

Seething roastie

>Can you still relate to your contemporaries, those that you came up with in the '60s?

Hillman: I'll tell you one thing, and this is kind of left field, but it ties everything in. Everything that my generation in the '60s was going on about, fucking on traditional values, boy, were we ever wrong. Everything that we were stepping on were the things that held civilization intact for thousands of years. And we're reaping the benefits of it now. I'm not at all like my peers. I'm very conservative. I'm not a fan of the current [Obama] administration at all. I'm more libertarian if anything. That lends itself to some interesting conversations with David Crosby.

Billy Zoom (X)

Louise Wener

Attached: 1f023f115307db11f.jpg (507x919, 64K)

ebin

99% of your ancestors would be considered far right by today's standards

James Brown, but he got a pass because he was black.

Attached: Stravinsky.jpg (948x711, 43K)

>and festered for decades on contempt for the religious right freakshow that was running the US and the UK from the 80’s through the early 2000’s

Attached: fu4ned.jpg (444x319, 24K)

Based Jew

youtube.com/watch?v=v30CZ_g2aqQ

Noel Gallagher has sounded increasingly conservative as he's gotten older when he used to be an active Labour supporter.

youtube.com/watch?v=p7pRU3GJtJQ

Attached: zeofgv1kpih01.jpg (465x726, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=AcU_nWR_uTs

Lou Reed sure as fuck was no Republican.

working class people in northern cities will always vote Labour despite having many /pol/ opinions