Listen to Les Rallizes Denudes

Listen to Les Rallizes Denudes

Attached: StewartLee.jpg (1533x2300, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mu-O-qYYNvM
youtube.com/watch?v=HFB54fBRMpQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also listen to Magma

Attached: 1988_Q_Bloomsbury001.jpg (423x630, 88K)

very offensive to post this on this subreddit. ratko mladic killed my family. please delete.

He doesn't look like Morrissey at all.

It's Joe Meek

Attached: gfth.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

This dude's material is either genius and makes me laugh more than any other comedian, or it's annoying as fuck.

comedy equivalent of.... swans?

?

at once Ratko

Based

I think of Stewart Lee as the British Bill Hicks. I watch and enjoy his stuff, but it's rarely actually funny. It's more just an absurdist statement.

His act turned me on to some good Turkish funk too

>no more Comedy Vehicle ever again

of course !

Oi, you mean the anarcho punk band Napalm Death?

Well, I'll give it to you straight, like a pear cider that's made from 100% pears; no.

Based
youtube.com/watch?v=mu-O-qYYNvM
youtube.com/watch?v=HFB54fBRMpQ

Do people outside of UK know him?

Also
>first clip is on the Earache Records channel

>I went to the private fee-paying boys’ school in Solihull, West Midlands from 1979-1986. Napalm Death were all in the year above me, apart from Nic Bullen, who I think was then known as Nic Scab. “The Rat” was a really nice bloke called something Ratledge, who I think left over musical differences when he got into early posi-punk stuff like Southern Death Cult. I think he was called Nick Ratledge (Actually his name is Miles!). He was the drummer I think (Yes, Mick Harris confirmed this). He was thin and small and often had a runny nose, but was one of those people who could always make a school uniform look like a scarecrow’s outfit. I remember, after the first Southern Death Cult single came out he wanted Napalm Death to go in more of that direction. You have to remember, all music was shit in the early 80’s, and even though Southern Death Cult ended up as the awful Cult, it was a veritable wilderness back then and they seemed brilliant. I thought he was really cool and was impressed that he spoke to me. Other members of the band were this guy who had a leather jacket with a picture of The Damned, who played a fisherman in a school production of the Agatha Christie play 10 Little Indians (…) he just had a European kind of name. I remember now it was Darren or Daryl Fideski. Maybe he had a Russian family. I dunno. He played guitar with early Napalm Death for a bit, or it might have been bass. His hero was Captain Sensible from The Damned. (…) after he left Napalm Death he was critical of what he called their “Crass style instrumental pieces”. (…) and a blonde boy with a freckly face (…) He was called Rob something (and) I used to go mountain walking with in Wales.

Attached: smashhits2.jpg (700x937, 210K)

>At about the time they appeared on the Bullshit Detector compilations Napalm Death were about 15 years old. it’s worth explaining that Napalm Death in 1982/3 weren’t operating out of some urban nightmare landscape. Aprt from Nick, who I didn’t know at all, they were all living in a middle-class, semi-rural suburb of Birmingham, Solihull. It’s closer to Stratford, the pretty tourist town associated with Shakespeare, than to the centre of the city. Most of Napalm Death were nice, middle class kids that you’ be happy to introduce to your grandmother. They weren’t urban warriors.
>Also, speed metal, death metal etcetera were genres that just didn’t exist back in the early 80’s. The early Napalm Death were in the vein of Crass, and the difference between songs like Traditional Society or Punk Is A Rotting Corpse on their first demo tape and the album Scum is incredible. Also bands just didn’t have names like Extreme Noise Terror, Cradle of Filth or Napalm Death back then. I remember the name causing much amusement at school – it seemed so absurdly over the top. I imagine there may have been an element of humour in choosing it, but it would be presumptuous to say so. (No itwouldn’t, you are probably right Stewart – Web)
>This meant nothing to me at the time, but the Napalm Death lot and their mates were the cool older kids who liked good music, whilst everyone in my year liked shit like Saxon, Iron Maiden, and New Wave of British Heavy Metal (obs: the owner of this page doesn’t necessarily agrees with this opinion, even though I do think that most of Saxon’s records are SHITE! And i don’t hate Iron Maiden or anything, I actually like them a bit – Web), even though they’d deny it these days. Last time I saw D Fideski was in about 1984 at a Sisters of Mercy concert (oh dear – I was young) and he was on magic mushrooms.

Attached: 2142.jpg (700x420, 29K)

>I only saw them (live) once. It was at Dorridge Village Hall in about 1982 or 1983. Dorridge was a little village just outside Birmingham (…) (It) was the kind of place where you would have Cub Scout Meetings, Infant School plays and local Christmas pantomimes. This was very small scale. Napalm Death performed in front of a banner that said “Punk Is A Rotting Corpse” and this was the title of one of the songs the performed. The music was like Crass. They were supporting Nobody’s Heroes, a Stiff Little Fingers covers band fronted by my friend Tim Collingwood’s brother. As usual in the early 80’s there were some hard punks there who kept hitting my friend Pete Davis on the head during the Nobody’s Heroes set so, being 14 or so, we had to run away. The violence at the gig was not part of some wider trend within a “grindcore” scene or anything. There wasn’t a scene. It was just 14 year olds fighting. I used to have a copy of the demo tape from this era but I taped over it.
>When I saw Napalm Death they were children aping their idols, and being spat at by a small audience of middle class teenagers who thought that was a ‘punk’ thing to do. But what was impressive about it was they’d got on a record and shown you could do stuff. For me, Napalm Death was a link from our tiny closetted community out to a wider world of possibilities. And I still sometimes find myself singing Traditional Society, although the only words I can remember are the chorus – “Traditional Society, Traditional Society, Traditional Society, Traditional Societ-eeeee!”. I don’t know how interesting this is to you, but whenever I read about or hear about Napalm Death, grindcore originators, it always amazes me to remember them playing Dorridge Village hall as pubesecent public schoolboys. Even at their worst, they were an inspiration.

Attached: methode_sundaytimes_prodmigration_web_bin_f7bab21f-d99c-4f00-bcc9-65658f2cf1de.jpg (498x300, 19K)

Abingdon school produced David Mitchell (Mitchell and Webb Look, Peep Show), Radiohead, and Mercedes F1 engineer James Allison in a few short years.

How do random British independent schools manage to have these random spikes in sheer genius?

lol @ you if you consider peep show and radiohead genius

congratulations on being either a scaruffi drone or a standard Yea Forums contrarian

congrats on listening to shit music, i guess