musictheory.net/lessons
>Ear training:
teoria.com/en/exercises/
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

old thread

Attached: IMG_0159.jpg (960x1200, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/music/DIIV/ similar
jerseygirlhg.com/composition/branches/teko/
youtu.be/1G6SuujVCtk
youtu.be/Bw_7UrqzNUg
youtube.com/watch?v=QpnGmo69RTU&feature=youtu.be&t=104
guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/RG6003FM-Electric-Guitar.gc
instagram.com/p/BiozgQPhG3K/
youtube.com/watch?v=ehXUyW4-hA8
youtu.be/dBkGFj64djg?t=2095
clyp.it/h0dxqbns#
youtube.com/watch?v=TMhXmFxdzA8
soundcloud.com/user-745302917/01-190504-0355a
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/03/the-inventor-of-the-legendary-fender-guitars-never-learned-how-to-play-guitar/
youtube.com/watch?v=7txUHciGEXU
haworthguitars.com.au/collections/electric-guitars/products/fender-squier-stratocaster-electric-guitar-pack-sunburst-w-frontman-10g-amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is basswood the ideal wood for bass guitars?

too soft for bass, basswood work well with tremolos like FR tho.

last.fm/music/DIIV/ similar

What genre are all of these?
I can't tell if the bass has the most or least effect in this genre.
I like it a lot.

Attached: 2010-bcrich-catalog-14-728.jpg (728x568, 159K)

dream pop with a healthy dose of indie
basslines are typically simple but the mix makes them pretty clear (usually) so you notice them more than full on shoegaze

Guitars usually just have reverb+delay+chorus, hard fuzz is sometimes but not always avoided

Attached: shoegaze is dead.jpg (500x341, 98K)

Guitar reranch is down recommend me some nitro rattlecans

thx dreampop thats it
so if i were to learn one to play along to and create my own music for this genre, would it make for sense for guitar over a bass?

any autobody supply will fill rattle cans

>work at night
>sleep in day
>off tonight
>guitar coming today
>staying up so I can sign for it
>Tired as hell
>paranoid that something will be wrong with it
>looking out window every 2 minutes
waiting is torture, I WANT IT NOW

But do they carry nitro?

Sign up with them so you can have a window of arrival and nap dumbfuck. I chose for their to be no signature for when my interface arrives and I probably won't be home.

the best auto paint is lacquer.
you will need primer (due to the current color) at least six cans and loads of time.

Duplicolor Perfect Match is nitro.

Yea imm use vinyl sealer. I don't think I need that much paint

Does that guitar seriously have no bridge pickup? I guess only jazz fags would play that.

Betting there's piezo in the bridge.

Just got these in the mail (2 packs backordered). Time to try new strings next change.

Attached: 20190506_153818.jpg (4032x2268, 2.54M)

It's a resonator guitar.

jerseygirlhg.com/composition/branches/teko/

What other resources are there other than studybass for learning bass?

Should I start with a squier or yamaha rather than a mim bass? I guess then if I find that I really enjoy bass, I can just buy a better bass than a mid-ranged mim right?

will it fuck up my nut to put thick gauge strings on my guitar temporarily? i want to go back and forth between .046 low e and .060 low e

Should I get a weight relieved gibbons lez pol?

I want a guitar that only has a bridge pickup and a piezo bridge pickup, no tone control

The neck pickup is pretty useless imho and i've never touched a tone knob and liked the results in my life

short answer, yes

It's probably going to sit on top of the slot, so you'll have high action with the 60. I doubt you'll mess up the slot though.

Yamaha are *really* good for their value at the lower end.

Is that serious or sarcasm? Which models?
Also why the fuck are Fender Jazz basses so expensive?

>japanese art guitars

wtf japan is making more than clones now

For a low end instrument, you'll be hard pressed to find better value for money than Yamaha. As for why Fender is expensive? You're paying a lot for a brand.

The brand isn't even that good either

>2019
>average neck radius is still 9.5"

It's like we regressed back to musical bows made from actual sticks.

I suspect Leo Fender got a shipment of maple baseball bats on the cheap once upon a time and that set the standard for tele/strat neck radius. Would also explain the skunk stripe.

Thicker necks sound better bro

>neck/body joint approximates a brick
>meanwhile, other brands neck joints

clarence leo fender was not a guitarist

classical guitars have very thick necks with no radius at all.

Attached: AANJ.jpg (600x450, 32K)

You do know that the radius of the fretboard doesn't really have all that much to do with neck thickness? It's the curvature of the fretboard.

its vintage brah

good enough for (rock star) good enough for me

Attached: Fender_strat_gold_LTD_1989_cons_neck_joint_2.jpg (1280x861, 164K)

How about squier?

I've heard bad things about the Yamaha BB234 basses(?) and hear that BB434 is recommended instead but at this price, its around £500, that seems like a lot for a beginner bass and then makes me question if I should just spend £150 more for a fender player bass, which is a step towards "the real thing".

Is the worst thing I could buying a MIM bass or price equivalent instead of a cheaper bass to start with? I don't know if I would appreciate it or if it's better to buy cheaper until I actually get good enough to know what I want and then go out and buy a better more expensive bass than a MIM in this example.

Meanwhile in Korea

Buy a $70 bass off amazon, it's a bass it doesn't really matter

Then buy a schecter

Attached: hellraiser-extreme-c-7-crb-m-neck-pocket-high.jpg (960x640, 35K)

Squier is a cheapo Fender where you're still paying for a brand. Get yourself a low end RBX/TRBX.

And always, try the fucking instrument before you buy.

>his guitar has a body

It's 2019 gramps

Attached: j6wu51i8rkmmexqqfv7s.jpg (1500x1125, 899K)

But why is it called basswood then?

Aren’t the CVs/VMs supposed to be decent?

I want passive right?

How about you try a couple?
If you're absolutely dying for a JB, don't let me stop you. Just saying, don't be that fucking retard that buys online without having touched the same model.

Exactly what I meant earlier man, I appreciate the advice but trying them is all the same to me because I literally have no idea how to play and I don’t actually know what I like so that’s why I was asking for some pretty safe recommendations then maybe if I get good, I can go out and try them and choose one I really really like/want.

Are you 100% sure you're going to stick with it? Then feel free to lay down some money. Otherwise, go get yourself a RBX/TRBX off the lower end. They're solid beginner instruments that are far more modern and comfortable to learn on that some "vintage modified" baseball bat necked pretend-Fender.

>No thanks, I don’t want to rock.

Attached: BED79BF4-938A-42DC-876A-FCA11D926053.jpg (499x481, 28K)

I understand that son, we've all gotta grow up eventually.

Attached: 1455873599_david-russell.jpg (580x480, 109K)

Yeah I’m 100% sure I want to learn. I want to learn bass and guitar and ideally focus on one of them more than the other but I just didn’t know which first so I’ve decided to try bass first. Regardless, I won’t be giving bass up when I start and I’m pretty autistic about hobbies it’s just that I didn’t know how good of an instrument to start with just incase later on down the line I find out I prefer guitar.

Let's go to India sometime, i'll show you a good time you'll never forget.

Attached: 1449480809380.jpg (960x836, 147K)

>Are you 100% sure you're going to stick with it?
He's not though, best case scenario he'll end up just like the rest of /gg/ with a bunch of shitplanks collecting dust in the corner while they argue about what next piece of garbage they should to add to the pile (on reddit, of course). lol and he'll barely be able to play smoke on the water.

See, he's already here so it's too late. Ha ha haa.

Attached: 950_zps1m3jja9v.jpg~original.jpg (950x713, 206K)

I'd take all those

I’m talking about fuckin ultimate guitar

Eletric guitars are superior. The massive range, sensitivity to the slightest vibrations and harmonics, and wide variety of timbre means a talented person could make some truly beautiful music with something like this while a standard spanish or american acoustic guitar is a caveman instrument by comparison.
>grug have six strings
>grug hit them hard, people hear grug, people like grug
The problem is ultimately the wankers that play them. Intonation is a solved problem, massive range, incredibly sensitivty, more expressiveness than you could ask for. Time to play polyrhythmic chugga chugga with a scale two octaves up every five an 8 17ths beats.

Electric pianos have this problem to a degree. Absolutely wonderful instruments sometimes with creative and possibly superior approaches to the design of the keyboard itself. 90% of the players are shitheads.

Attached: 29a69dd15739363da38b9bbe80c35659.jpg (480x720, 26K)

The only way out is to make a guitar that does not look like a guitar so guitarists will ignore it.

Attached: emmet-chapman-playing1-1.jpg (1250x1534, 269K)

you have to wonder why these guys with worthless/depreciating guitar collections don't at least give a few away

i tried to learn guitar when i was a kid but couldn't because my family couldn't afford a guitar so i had a literal piece of crap that was missing three frets and a string (my dad bought me a pack of strings. we put it on and it broke shortly after. the bridge was probably fucked, so we took it to a shop and asked how much it would cost to fix. more than we could afford. we looked at the cheapest guitar there and figured $75 was still too much. our car was only worth about five times that and we needed money for gas. so we drove back home, pushed it the last block, and walked to the gas station to put fuel in old coffee cans since we couldn't afford gas cans. that was normally how we got gas since even if we had the money to put gas in "on time" we would have to burn gas to drive to the gas station). imagine if some guitar hoarder was handing them out back then. i'd be fucking yngwie by now.

Attached: 1466543894984.png (300x100, 10K)

>you have to wonder why these guys with worthless/depreciating guitar collections don't at least give a few away

Try getting a job you fucking leech.

What kind of guitar do you play now?

what's the worst guitar brand?
voting for PRS, i can't believe people pay 2k+ for those garbage guitars with garbage pickups

Fender followed by Gibson

Best is probably Dean

>fender is bad meme

Go ahead and find some first Gen dragon pickups that aren't worth an arm and leg. Go on I'll wait. Dumbfuck. Anyways worst brand without competition by far is CHAPMAN SHITSTICKS. I saw one in real life at guitar center and started laughing like a maniac they somehow look cheaper and more toy like than ibanez.

Good Spirit, your nature intercedes for me, and pities me. Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me, by an altered life.

nice pasta

I CANT ENJOY GUITARS ANYMORE REEEE

pic is literally me and ppl are getting creeped by me regularly

Attached: 1447811117610.png (633x758, 16K)

probably coz you have no ears and your skin is white lol. and you look like a cartoon lmao

lol
>he was too dumb to take a screenshot on the computer he was using
>so he just took a picture of the screen with his phone instead
Also this gem:
His "friend" is, and I quote
>a robot

It's just the gift* that keeps on giving ;^)

(* but seriously though, I'm beginning to think Jcum might really be Chris Chan tier mentally handicapped and ridiculing of him is wrong because he can't help the way he was born and obviously has a severe learning disability ;__;)

Attached: to be pitied.jpg (864x411, 95K)

Stop being a favela freak.

wake me up inside

this but violins

lmao fucking toy instruments who the hell thought those were a good idea? strats can't be beat.

So what do you think about the final design?
Yeah my friends a robot. Very /r9k/ like

Also
I BOUGHT THE OEM GOLD TUNERS TODAY.

Ibanez truly has mastered the art of the bolt-on neck. There's are so good, perfect joints and transitions. Really comfy too

Retard. If this isn't bait then I'm genuinely upset at society

Basswood is bassed

>that arm hair
Holy shit.

Too bad they can't do anything else right.

well yeah. the three regulars here are sam trachefag and jcum and all three seem to have some form of mental disability

This is pasta, right? Anyway, no one gives a shit

Alright Sam I'll help you. Do you exercise at all?

For me, it's ghs boomers.

Definitely Fender. PRS makes nice guitars but they're not worth the price they're asking for

Robot means r9k poster my fellow boomer.

i carry dogfood sacks, broom the shop and walk 10 min from the shop to home

i tried some bodyweights today as i woke up but my knees hurt much more than when i did them a year ago

What do you mean? They do everything right.
I have owned 3 guitars by them of various levels. The Indonesian made ones and a Japanese made one. Their Japanese models are some of the best guitars you could play.

They don't make Boomers with a wound 3rd

I only ironically act insane. Can't say the same about lowrider and Sam the Tran man.

Yikes I didn't even notice that when he posted it

Attached: Snufkin-snufkin-33361831-200-200.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Ever try going for a quick jog as soon as you wake up?

they're good at everything else too. their cheap shit is leagues better than squire.

i don't understand the hate. must be boomer guitar players mad that a no-name japanese company that used to just make shitty copies of american instruments is actually quality now.
>durr they dont have any soul
>durr metal axe
>les paul, now that's a guitar, warm vintage tone

Attached: wizhfri92yqb5eirpjiq.jpg (820x547, 114K)

I take that back, they do.

wew you sound slow even when your trying to save face

t. Poorfag

Worst brand is Ibanez

too many guitar players trying to do dream pop, better to learn bass and be more flexible and in demand

i did it once or twice this year

NVM changed my answer to Chapman.

Have you tried any other guitar by any chance?

thx I thought that was a meme, can you rec a bass to go with?

i guess i can noodle around with guitar in my own time for fun when i can actually play bass

i want to trade my loved condor les paul for an electric craviola

Chill out Sam I'm trying to help you. How did you feel after the jog did you feel more ready to take on the day? Do you eat breakfast?

>Body not one solid piece of wood coated with nitro

Don't do this. The mana from the two different trees will clash and cancel out, and the poly finish is anti-magic and prevents the wood from accumulating further energy. A guitar body made from one piece of wood and finished with nitro will not only have more mojo from the start, but will absorb more as time goes on.

Attached: me-rn.png (579x656, 598K)

this post pisses me off on many many levels

Yep. I also own Fender, a PRS and have played friend's guitars of various brands as well such as Jackson, Gibson, Schecter and more.

I would pick my Japanese Ibanez over every one of them

dude thats so epic i use these

bass as the fish not the instrument ;^)

i dont remember well but it probably felt better
yes i eat a glass of milk with coffee and one french bread with butter
sometimes i eat a banana instead
a couple years ago i was trying to replace it with a boiled egg but im too lazy and fucked up now

Do it what do you have to lose.

PRS SE suck more than the schecters that come out of the same factory. Make sure it wasn't one of those.

Sounds like you suck a lot of cock

i spent a bunch of money for a refret with dunlop 6000s and i sanded its neck joint so i may not get the deserved money for it

i'm not with a deal to just trade it for a craviola

kek

It was, which is why I count my other guitars as much better.
But I have also played a real Paul Reed Smith, American made, that belonged to the dad of a girl I was dating. It was nice, but it just felt like any other guitar in that category. Just super overpriced guitars that rip off Gibson that appeal to rich boomers in their middle ages. I have never met someone with a PRS that wasn't at least 40 and had a comfy house and job.

Well then next time you wake up go for a quick jog. Maybe try listening to new music?

youtu.be/1G6SuujVCtk

Good one. You're so funny.

Mustang bass is the perfect dreampop bass, although it's not the most versatile bass since it's a shortscale (30" instead of 34")

Quit hitting on me faggot

If Fender is the worst brand then why does my tele fucking ROCK, huh?

on yesterday reharsal we jammed sweet child o mine and i couldnt play the solo smoothly because of hand pain

im listening, do you play that song on guitar lol

Sanding the neck is definitely a personal choice and you can not expect anyone else to want that. So count that as a loss. Price yours 2/3rds of what in the same condition without a sanded neck an usedcondor clp would cost

I have a Tele as well. American made, too.
It just feels so cheap, despite me foolishly spending 1000 dollars on it.
You're paying for the name with Fender and Gibson. A Fender guitar probably costs a hundred bucks to cut the wood and glue it together and bolt all the pieces. That's all it feels like.
Just overpriced shit for boomers

tried in /diy/ but had no replies, does anyone has any helpful links, images or guides about how to make gigbags? I want to make something similar to this but so far I've only found subpar stuff.
Will be willing to record the process and add it to the opening links.

Attached: 1544216381087.png (1200x488, 565K)

hey my tele rocks too, friend

Attached: Screenshot_34.jpg (887x115, 22K)

guess i'll just not sell it because i'm putting its stock bridge on the headless i'm building so i would have to buy a new bridge to sell it with so i can put the current upgraded ones on the new craviola

No I practice singing that one. I play this one on guitar. That tone was the tone I bought my strat for.
youtu.be/Bw_7UrqzNUg

Get a fucking job. You can /diy/

I have a job, I just don't like the usual black designs they always come in.

I have an urge to turd polish me a squier 51 into a HS metal monster.

Well then go to a place they sell fabric. Buy 2 yards of your favorite design. Do you have access to a sewing machine? Just it out the fabric to shape and then sew it.

what guitar should i buy as a beginner?

this guitar seems like it would have a lot of places with which to hide one's kaka. is that the general benefit to a guitar such as this?

I have an American and mexican tele from the mid 2000s, they're very similar but the fretwork on the MIA was perfect and I had to touch up the MIM. The MIM was still very playable but I needed to round off the edges and level it because from 14 up they were a little too high.

I can do that. I just want some sort of guideline to assemble it all together.

sewing stuff its more probably cosplay alley

So if Fender Telecasters are shit then what brands make good Teles? I just really like the Tele body shape.

will try, much appreciated.

That just reminded me that I bought a pbass knock off for $40 bucks off ebay. I started stripping the paint and it had a ton of shit body filler on it that came off as well. I should probably finish that, was going to route in a jbass pup at the bridge and do it up in black pearlescent with golden flake and gold hardware. I mostly got it because I've never worked gold flake before and I didn't want to strip a good guitar twice because I fucked it up.

Squier strat unironically

Teles in general are that way. The style is just a simple cheap style. It's literally the most basic design, just a block of wood bolted to a neck.

Now fuck off and never come back nigger

G&L or Reverend if you want something funkier

>Squier strat
Looks cool. Shit, might buy it soon actually. Is this a kino choice?

oh so you're confusing simplicity with lack of quality, gotcha.

I post here regularly, deal with it, fag.

spot the guitarist

Attached: asdfasdas.png (1145x860, 1.74M)

It is kino yes. Much better quality than the $99 Walmart shit boxes but not too expensive in case you don't take to guitar. Decent playability as well.

guitar players get pussy.

What would be a more versatile recommendation that's also affordable? a CV J-bass? any other brands?

This squier I'm gonna spray with nitro is practice for the next squier I spray with nitro. I'm planning to buy a sunburst squier bass vi and then put black hardware on and respray with nitro a very different color. I'm a keep it as a surprise for all my fans here on /gg/ don't forget to hit the subscribe button

youtube.com/watch?v=QpnGmo69RTU&feature=youtu.be&t=104

1:44
how to bass over this? actually makes grimes 10000x better

the tranny in the middle

what do you consider the middle of 4 people

center of the picture

dont start any project until you finish your garbage pail kid one.

wtf ur correct.
does that mean you think guitar players are ugly!?

girls play bass not guitar

that's still a girl though, but she's probably the least attractive
fucking shreds though

Girls playing bass >>> girls playing guitar

Yeah I know I shouldn't honestly all it needs to be finished is a set of pups hardware and a new Floyd.

I FOUND YOU MISS NEW BOOTY

Attached: 1207_P_1417386799849.jpg (667x1000, 122K)

looks like an updated ovation

Don't listen to this boomer.

Ibanez makes far better guitars even at squier price points. Cheap fenders will only disappoint you and expensive ones might too, especially if you try a guitar that isn't AK47: the instrument.

guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/RG6003FM-Electric-Guitar.gc

yea ibanez is definitely the best in the up to 300$ range for e-guitars just like how yamaha is the best for western guitars in that price range

Get lost incel zoomer. Ibanez is for future school shooters and Italian gabagools.

You sound like the type of guy to go on rants about how subarus are for school shooters too

>get a ford now THAT is a car
>damn zoomers and their too-many-wheels-drive non-mustangs

Fender is just a shitty brand and if you want a good American guitar it's going to cost you and it'll say gibson on the headstock.

Your whole post was one big shitty meme. Fuck off. Ibanez is for juggalos

ok stop trolling
lost at gibson

If you want a good guitar, you buy gibson, ibanez, or ESP.

If you want a musical meme for imitating old rock stars with you buy a fender strat or tele.

If you want a good guitar that says fender on the headstock you buy a jag.

Attached: Picture443.jpg (596x800, 283K)

>beginner guitar
>shitty poverty tier """metal""" humbuckers
18+ board BTW

You don't want budget high gain pickups. Budget single coils are OK for getting started. You will get tired of hearing those muddy welfare metal pickups while you're practicing.

This

T. Homosexual

Attached: 4f70476bd11447e02cc27ebbc4f8e6b3.jpg (750x924, 73K)

Beats tinny "am i rock n roll now dad its just like clapton's (bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)" poverty single coils any day desu

>average RG player

Bas(s)ed.

Attached: chapmanstick.jpg (398x700, 41K)

little do these fools realize literally any acoustic guitar is better than wannabe vintage fenders and wannabe metal ibenhads

All those guitars are acoustic doofus

Attached: 1950s-shirtless-teen-rockabilly-boy-plays-Fender-Electric.jpg (293x400, 19K)

ESP is good once you get up to the 1000 series LTD guitars.

lmao just reverse all of these and they become real
ESP and Ibeenhads only exist for weeks or underage epic shred neckbeards

They suck because they make a 3 knob lp copy. Stupid.

t. Learned 3 chords at Jesus camp and never played again

It should be 2 knobs, but the rest of the guitar is a great value especially with the 59/JB set.

>Fucking shred neckbeards let me show you some real guitar music played on a real guitar
>smoke_on_the_water.mp3
>now here's how real americans solo, weeb
>pentatonic_scale_with_blue_note_and_bend.mp3

>fenderps and ibengays arguing again

post good guitars

Attached: IMG_7546_1ecfbf07-74a4-4333-a5b3-57cf79bc3aa1.jpg (2000x1234, 476K)

what's the score on G&L guitars?

>poverty single coil
>better than poverty humbucker
sorry i can't hear you over all the noise

t. in a room with both plugged in

Why don't you fags just buy good guitars instead

ok but you first

Attached: 20190409_163717.jpg (1327x3676, 2.45M)

Fenders for people that don't want to buy a Fender.

Pretty based 2bh. For me, it's the Comanche, with hum cancelling z coils.

tfw took 7 years to git good at pinch harmonics

basically every guitar brand is shit

Attached: 1460202633056.jpg (1487x1980, 262K)

>he doesn't play active X-Series EMG pickups rending guitar brand, wood, and shape meaningless
All that matters is setup and feel

fender but made by fender and not some jews profiting off his name

You know he's dead, right?

>not knowing he uses ancient forbidden magic to transfer his consciousness into a new body each time he "dies"

that's why there are jews profiting off his name, faglord

Think about what you just said

Post one famous Japanese guitar solo. I'll wait.

Great guitars

gook spook - rice factory

Been a follower since day one, upvote this comment if you're a real one like me

????

instagram.com/p/BiozgQPhG3K/

ID of this bass??

How do you guys feel about bass going out of harmony and playing with a little more melody, but keeping a good complimenting rhythm? Of course during comping sections the bass should stay more rhythm based, but how about when the bass is going outside the harmony for a little like less than a bar at a time, then resolving it and playing something more melodic for under a bar too along with a strong rhythm?

honestly, some of the best players do this. if you can squench a fartlog from between your asscheeks and flop it onto the fretboard. make it stinky and poopy, then play with emotion and you will HEAR the kaka.

I'm sorry I don't speak spanish

Nobody cares what the bass does. You could be replaced by a simple fruity loops pattern and nobody would know.

Do you have any examples of this

Yeah but a computer can't be homosexual

A lot of Jaco's parts on Scarlet Woman in this performance. youtube.com/watch?v=ehXUyW4-hA8

No. The lead vocalist does

In general a lot of later bebop and avant garde too consists of techniques similar to what I'm describing, but the difference is every performer is in with the same mindset of dissonance and coming back to comping with consonance. I'm wondering how others will appeal to these techniques in a more setting where not everyone is playing with that mindset.

THAT LIKE BUTTON HAS BEEN SMAHED

>flat and natural to the edge of unfinished body and neck
>flat af neck desu
>that one attempt at body contour
>gawdy airbrush top
>that blow-hole jack straight out the side
>"we can just top this off with dot inlays"

truly masterful

What's wrong with the SE's?

Be sure to dust it off every so often so it can look nice and pristine up on your wall

i'm wondering if stored anger and hate can worsen symptoms of tendonitis

Subarus are for saucy lesbians.

not him but I love my SE.

post-yeti shredder

Necks are supposed to be flat AF and a lot of people want a full two octaves per string

This is the sole reason people buy ibanez. If fender would get over themselves and make regular necks and bump the neck pickup down a little for frets 23 and 24, ibanez would be out of business forever. But fender is nice and figures they don't have to make those since there are plenty of brands other than ibanez who make flat necks with 24 frets, so they kick back and laugh as people ignore those brands and buy ibanez, knowing that their guitars are so bad they're guaranteed future fender customers.

Hey lads. Can anyone give me some tips to getting tone like in this video
youtu.be/dBkGFj64djg?t=2095
Using a Helix so I have a fuckton of amp models at my disposal but for low tunings I'm used to doing the whole tube screamer>5150>marshall cab but this sounds very different. Any tips would be appreciated

is squire any good? It seems like fender spends a lot of time designing and selling them but from what i have played (not much) they aren't very good. Would pic related be worth me buying over the Player series Jazz Bass?

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 126K)

I play my shit.

Player series p bass is what you want.

Thinking about picking up a squier affinity stratocaster sss(three single coils) for 200 bucks as a beginner guitar. I was also wondering if maybe I should get the squier affinity jazzmaster hh instead.

From all things i've heard these are fine for budget guitars

Also, what amp should i get? I was thinking of cheaping out and geeting a blackstar fly3. Heard good things and cant justify spending more than 300-350 as a beginner.

Shit hardware shit electronics. Save up for an American pro. They are fun to mod tho.

Yeah Squier is good

Squier has spotty QC

Schecter, PRS SE, chapman, and korean deans are as low tier as I would willingly play

>affinity
Nah bucko
Save up for a CV or VM instead if you're going Squier

What abou the standard series from squire? I'm kind of being autistic and just really want to impulsively by a fucking guitar now.

Also i'm eying the squire standard stratocastor with hss and a laurel fretboard, but as far i can know it still has the generic squire pickups. I heard the classic vibes pickups are far better.

Had. These Asian countries have stepped up their game in the last few years.

Has, i played 5 at a store and 3 had strings buzzing in bridge/nut slots.

They’re only as good as they’re contracted to be, hence stellar schecter, shitty squire

>CV or VM
better hunt down a Squier Master series at fleabay/reverb

>chapman
Yikers

I played one it was ok

Basically the most generic guitar possible. The guitar brand guitar.

Let me guess, affinity and/or bullets

Who makes the best poorfag cables?

Guitar cables? Speaker cables? Patch cables?

Livewire.

My bad, guitar cables.

IDK, I use Vox coils

Hey. Looking for advice... im not really much of a musician. I am working with a singer/guitar player, recording a bunch of his older songs. I'm no producer, just a semi computer literate guy helping out a non computer user.
Finished up first ep, neither of us entirely happy with guitar... using garageband sims. He wants to record amp direct next project... but I'm hoping to see if anyone has advice on getting better digital guitar tones... next project starting soon. if u wanna hear some of the first EP let me know, I dont wanna b accused of shilling. If u could listen to guitar and tell me what you would change... I've watched/read a lot of shit... but I think I just need guitarists to tell me what they think.

Attached: 41942320_528451694262566_305778074924875776_n.jpg (960x960, 179K)

What's he unhappy about? It sounds to me like he's a mediocre player who puts gain up too high and then cries when he hears how bad his fret buzz and slappy fingering technique are.

Lol that was me my first couple years of playing.

Daily reminder that guitar is not a real instrument.

Sincerely, rest of the instruments gang.

Wraps around the gut fat of your typical American player

Finally a guitar made for me

I mean if it sounds good. It sounds good. You can always explain the answer with theory.

Lately I've been practicing with my guitar plugged directly into my studio monitors (via my interface of course). Seems like a good way to really hear with I'm playing, with absolutely no bullshit shaping my tone, hiding certain frequencies, obscuring details, etc.
What do you guys think. Is this a good way to practice?

some of us are actual working musicians you fuck. don’t group me in with these nerds

Clean tone is objectively the best for practicing if you know how to listen

reminder to train your ears

lol Europeans are so salty

you jumbled up the spelling of "arse", user

How many people here are actually good players?

Bro, I didnt put the link... what the fuck are you listening to?

Define ‘good’.

I’ve had formal schooling, work with musicians, and private tutoring. Also working with the musicians has helped a fuckton we’re all teachers at this job. I’m considered really good by my peers.

Piano, guitar/bass, drums are my thing.

I can dislike genres but I’m not an asshole who disregards musicianship. I’m just looking for solid players.
Writing your resume is fine but posting recordings is the only way youre going to convince someone you’re as good as you say you are.

I'm alright

clyp.it/h0dxqbns#

It certainly isn't a bad one, that's for sure.

Stuff you're asking for seems a little bit more in line with >>>/prod/

Fair enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=TMhXmFxdzA8

What effects do i need to get my bass to sound like the intro to this song?

Attached: EGG.jpg (316x316, 16K)

Im writing music to help become a better bassist/guitarist, can you guys give input on this song i recorded (turn down the volume before listening, the drums are too loud)
soundcloud.com/user-745302917/01-190504-0355a

why the FUCK would i ever want an HSS strat?

that shit isn't original, might as well get a shit ibanez at that point

Attached: 1557147608279.jpg (1167x740, 75K)

Profiling a player based on what guitar they play is pathetic. It's high school girl tier behavior. Fucking grow up.

flute isn't a real instrument either you fucker

i play right into the effect loop return (power amp) for cleans that are actually clean.

Fuck off roman

>flat neck
What the fuck do you ever mean by this?

Is there anything more pathetic than a mediocre guitarists who can't stop buying unnecessary gear like additional guitars he will never play and meme pedals?
Makes me think of self-proclaimed "straight" males who can't stop masturbating to traps.

People that bitch and complain about people they don't even know under the anonymous umbrella of a Midwestern Yak yodeling board.

>why the FUCK would i ever want an HSS strat?
Shinkansen.

Guys have any recommendations for double tracking guitar pedals? just a normal delay pedal?
>Keeley
I like the idea of the Abby mode tone but couldn't a similar effect be achieved

I mean if you're trying to get the sound live you're gonna need a stereo setup with two cabs spaced apart

No u

For most cases, I'd agree. However,
>he plays a Dean
>mfw

Attached: 1539418651327.jpg (278x440, 82K)

So you can record with it, then play some hipster guitar live so everyone buys some asian vintage shitplanks.

Consider yourselves lucky that guitar is such a cheap hobby.

don´t you have penis photographs to take ?

>rent free

The two worst guitarists in /gg/ both own Deans. This is not a coincidence.

Attached: 1556180813643.jpg (842x560, 235K)

why am i so bad why wont my fingers do what i want them to ive been playing for a year and im jsut as bad as when i started

>ive been playing for a year and im jsut as bad as when i started
No talent, obviously.

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

a guitar, an octaver, distortion, wah pedal

Try playing more than once a month

I'm worse than both of them but I've only been playing an hour every couple days for a few months, and I don't actually practice, I just play smoke on the water

NA NA NA
NA NA NA NAAAAAA
NA NA NA
NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The chances are at least 99% you have more talent than either of them, so cheer up.

Aww rats

Have you considered taking some fucking lessons

Why is this board so anti Ibanez? The prestige line (MIJ) are excellent guitars.
>lighter than les Paul
>more ergonomic and comfortable than les Paul
Les Pauls are so heavy and uncomfortable with bad access to upper frets so why does this board love them so much. Don’t get me wrong I like them and they look fantastic but it seems they are more of a “throwback to the past” than an actual functional guitar. Is it really just 40 yr old boomers ITT?

jimi never used some shit HSS strat and his tone is unmatched

fuck off HSS babbies

enjoy wasting your money lmao

because they look god awful and are basically marketed towards children (metalheads)

Attached: tumblr_m3hct0qZ8J1r207mno1_1280.jpg (1280x1040, 147K)

>play a sheraton ii
>go to guitar center to try some guitars
>smells like bo and vape in the store
>unattended children playing the drums
>man children wearing fake leather jackets "shredding" and playing riffs from blink 182 songs on ugly guitars I have never heard of
>bottom two rows of guitars are trash except a few epiphone dots and a used g&l strat copy
>fuck around on an out if tune MIM strat for a few
>ask the clerk if he will pull an american pro down off the wall
>$1650 price tag
>not a single noticeable difference from the MIM
>feels like a child's toy

/gg/, you guys either have a bad problem with internet marketing campaigns going on here or too many boomers.

I have seen AP strats recommended here a dozen times as the "best bang for yer buck" guitar and they are garbage.

Attached: 1546521471902.jpg (1440x2960, 546K)

Because one or two (probably one) very active shitposter doesn't like them, that's all. They're a widely respected brand outside of this retard chamber

Attached: RetardChamber.jpg (2448x3264, 529K)

it's a Yea Forums thing. Losers become contra-contrarians to feel like they're no longer losers, because they now hate the things they associate with losers (themselves, lol).

These associations are vague, aesthetic, and not really based in reality.

Just think of them as hipsters but more insecure because they can't grow full beards.

Trying to be a TV caricature of an adult isn't just a Yea Forums thing, it's a teenager thing. At least some people do it when they're in highschool.

>ugh, you're wearing colors? grow up. i only wear black. adult clothes.
>except for my gold watch with a leather strap. it's pretty mature and classy, like my gibson guitar, a guitar for mature adults.
>*tips fedora, a very mature and adult hat*
>see some guys have swag...and then, heh, other have class

fender guitars were designed by someone who didn't play guitar to be made as cheaply and quickly as possible. the hype is all nostalgia and people imitating celebrities.

not shitting you
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/03/the-inventor-of-the-legendary-fender-guitars-never-learned-how-to-play-guitar/

if you've ever played a good guitar built with some respect to hundreds of years of well thought out tradition they're shitty musical sticks with baseball bat necks that meet the body at a brick wall, but if you're good at playing guitar you can make anything work, and if you like the nostalgia/vintage image they have you'll love it and adjust to it just because you own a fender. it's that kind of thing. people play fenders because they want to play fenders. also the dramatically rounded necks make barre chords easy for complete shitters.

How do I make my bass not sound like shit? I want a warm, chunky tone that's not muddy, but if I turn down the bass the every other string except the E sounds a flat piece like shit.

Something like this youtube.com/watch?v=7txUHciGEXU
Every string has the same level of "oomph", I want that electric sound.

GUYS
I'm starting to actually dig SG models after 10 years of playing.
What's wrong with me?
Is this proof that i'm a boomer?
I'm only 26.
Please help.

>How do I make my bass not sound like shit?
>proceeds to post music where the bass sounds like absolute shit

:)

Never played a bad Fender, but have played plenty of bad Gibsons. Ibanez is juggalo tier.

Play one and you'll realise why. Way too heavy at the neck and never sits comfortably. Sounds great with P90s though. *sips*

I'm a guitarist and am interested in getting into bass as well, is there anything I need to learn for it that I don't already know? Apart from slap bass, which I'm just not into.

Attached: 1556951410373.jpg (500x397, 37K)

Proper plucking technique

Use your pinky a lot more to make up for bigger scale length, like for octaves where you'd normally go from 1st to 3rd finger on guitar, you wanna go 1st to 4th on bass

Should I get a P or J bass as a do it all bass? Strat AK47 equivalent.

Also amp recommendations pls.

Zoomer board is that way

SE are great for the price better than most in that price range.

Bass doesn't matter just get a 300$ ampeg and a squier. Or just write a simple fruity loops pattern

both can do anything, but they do have different sounds. just go to a guitar store and try them both out.

as for an amp, i have an Orange Crush Bass 50 combo that I love, and I can't recall hearing of anyone not liking an orange bass amp before

Drop the SG and pick up patrician Explorer.

not that user, but how is the explorer's weight distribution compared to the sg's?
I'm most used to playing strats, which seem more mid-bottom heavy

I own a PRS S2 Custom 24, im only 21. The Mcarty is a very versatile guitar, and its sexy.
Saving up for a PRS Hollowbody II with piezo as well

I kinda want a PRS john mayer, but 3+3 headstock looks wrong on a strat

anyways. I also have an Ibanez GSR bass, a Schecter Stilletto studio 5 FF, and an Epiphone Les Paul. My PRS and Schecter hands down play and sound better than the others.

you dont have to spend 3k+ for a nice PRS, the S2s and CEs are made in the US and have US quality with the difference being the S2 has korean made humbuckers and trem and The CE I think also has those as well as a bolt on neck.

jokes aside, sounds like a good collection

Explorer has optimal distribution on account of its shape. Not neck divey and fairly light overall for a chunk of mahogany.

What's a good starter electric guitar?

one of you weebs make a new thread

What's your budget?

If possible under $450 AUD including a bedroom amp

I'd say look into getting a Squier Stratocaster and a Yamaha THR5

You retards can’t even start a new thread when we reach limit and I’m supposed to believe you can play guitar well?

I was looking into this
haworthguitars.com.au/collections/electric-guitars/products/fender-squier-stratocaster-electric-guitar-pack-sunburst-w-frontman-10g-amp

trying to teach myself justin guitar on a classical guitar i bought off ebay secondhand (decent guitar though) and nothing sounds right. the cords are just a little off, any ideas?

You'll cowards don't even smoke crack

because you're all lazy and /gg/ is dead

did you tune your guitar?
are the strings really old?
how often do you tune it? nylon stretches and has to be tuned more often.
classical guitars also typically have a bit higher action so if you press down wrong you'll get out of tune sound.
i wouldn't recommend following justinguitar's normal guitar learning tutorial for classical as classical guitar is kinda fundamentally different in a couple of ways.